Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by changes View Post
I have recently started back to medi - gained about 25-25 pounds of the 45 I lost. I saw this post earlier - have any of you restarted and had slow loss? I am rounding out week 1, and just mentally preparing myself for what to expect. I realize everyone is a bit different - just wasn't sure if there was a trend. Also, when I stopped eating lower-carb, I went to a Clean Eatinglifestyle - which I really fell in love with. A lot of the sweets and additives that are lower carb have several processed and substitutes/additives that I typically stay away from. Any advice on how to manage this?
I think many of us follow a clean eating type of WOE on Medi. I know my center suggests keeping it "simple". They do sell the bars etc, but never really pushed any of their products. I use protein powder (Syntrax) sometimes, but mainly cook at home using fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, and protein. IF I feel the need for potatoes, I either cook then mash cauliflower, or cook rutabagas. I use Miracle Noodles when I want pasta, but so far it's only once every few weeks. I've been making the pizza made with a cauliflower crust, and have been doing my own tweeks to it. I I've decided NOT to use things like cool whip.....I'd rather have a little REAL whipped cream, and be accountable for the calories. I use Plain Greek yogurt instead of using the FF sour cream (which I didn't like). I do use almond milk. I don't use ANY FF cheese.

The areas I have compromised in, is my sweetners, and my morning coffee! I have used sugar substitute for years. I use DaVinci SF flavoring, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia. I do drink SOME diet soda/flavored water/crystal light (but I MAINLY drink plain water). I really like the SF Coffee Mate, but also sometimes use a little 1/2 & 1/2 and almond milk in place of the coffee mate.....I'm starting to move towards NOT using the coffee mate but I'm not there yet! :blush:

Anyway I think it's easy to do Medi.....clean!

I'm too cheap with both my $$$ and my carbs to buy many of the low carb products. I think I'm afraid if I try too many of the recipes making muffins, rolls etc I'll over do...........One thing I finally learned about myself is that TOO much variety is NOT my friend! I think I've always been afraid I'd miss something, so I see a yummy looking recipe and HAD to make it......THEN it tasted good, so instead of just having a small bit I'd HAVE to have "just a little more". When we went out to eat EVERYTHING looked so good on the menu I had a hard time deciding, so usually ordered MORE than I needed, and of course I HAD to eat it all.....after all I PAID for it, and didn't want to waste it, or just take a little home...so I ate it! Now I only clip or print recipes that fit with Medi, and I weigh and measure most things. When we go out to eat I don't really read the menu like I used to...I'm no longer afraid I'll MISS something!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary - such a great post! You summed up so many great points and definitely many of the ways I try to eat now. Other than protein bars, I eat little processed/packaged foods. DH and I actually had that conversation recently - his comment was how "packaged" food for me now is yogurt or 100 calorie packs of almonds....quite the jump from the chips and cookies it used to be! Oh, how things change!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
I had another great week - lost an additional 3.5 lbs. for a four week total of 21.5 lbs! (The clinic said in reality I lost 5.5 lbs. because I gained 2 lbs. of water)

Mary, I really liked your post - it helped reassure me that keeping it "clean" and simple works. I've stuck to the food list with no deviation and have found my biggest challenge is portion control as everything tastes so good to me, and I'm one of those who actually loves meat. I weigh and measure everything!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #544
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristalfab
Stats: 201/160/150
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 11, 2011
lins

Thank you for the input about bars. My clinic told me about the net carbs when I was in yesterday. So I know about that. I follow everything pretty closely and I don't eat much in the way of bars or even the shakes. But occasionally, in the afternoon, I need a bite - just a bite of something. I like having options.

c.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #545
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Mary - thank you for taking the time to respond to my "clean eating" concern. After seeing much success with medi - and putting weight back on with transitioning to other types of eating - it is clear that my body prefers to work on a restrictive carb count, rather than thinking if it's whole grain - it is fair game. You are right about not deviating too much on variety - I am the same way. I need to have a routine on food to keep my levels in check all day and occasionally have a treat.
I am going at this second round of mwl without AS - which I prefer. StaySlim has been working okay for me, but first week has been a bit of a challenge. I had to decrease my workouts to make sure this lower calorie week doesn't tax me too heavily to where I can't work. I am hoping when moving into week 2 I will feel fuller than I currently do - ketosis is helping, but it sure isn't the same as having AS.
thanks again!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Keri, it could just be water weight. Not drinking enough water and being stress could have you retaining some water. Just make sure to drink lots of water this week as well as stay right on plan and those few pounds will come off in no time.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Keri - I totally agree with Lins....I think it's water weight because you've been drinking less water, and drinking more caffiene, having stress. I think you're body senses something is "up" and is trying to conserve in case you forget to take care of yourself. It's weird, it's chemical, it's alive. It was a little humid outside here yesterday, how about where you are at? Could that be part of it too? Just drink LOTS of water and perhaps a Smart Water and it'll be off in a couple days I'd think!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
good day kind of?

Feeling a little bit stressed today, so I decided to log on and type it out. I'm going to pray hard, that God guides me, like he always seems to do, and have faith that what is for me will be
The reason I'm sharing this is because it makes me want to eat a big fat piece of chocolate something, followed by a binge of potato chips. Yes, I'm a carb addict, for me this is my support group, so when I'm feeling weak I need to know that someone else understands
I will persist, and overcome this feeling. I know that food doesn't fix anything, it only makes me feel better for a small amount of time, and then I'm ready to beat myself up 20 minutes later.
It's amazing how stress truly does impact my eating behaviors. I never realized before that I was a TRUE stress eater. MEDI has shown me this weakness and my poor coping skills with stress. I'm working to find new ways to decompress. Does anyone have a method that really works?
In a little while, I'll be meeting my cousins for Mexican. I will stay on plan and order fajitas, without the sides. Ordinarily, I'd have a margarita, but I will skip that for a diet coke with a shot of captain morgan's possibly I hope the distraction will help!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Feeling a little bit stressed today, so I decided to log on and type it out. I'm going to pray hard, that God guides me, like he always seems to do, and have faith that what is for me will be
The reason I'm sharing this is because it makes me want to eat a big fat piece of chocolate something, followed by a binge of potato chips. Yes, I'm a carb addict, for me this is my support group, so when I'm feeling weak I need to know that someone else understands
I will persist, and overcome this feeling. I know that food doesn't fix anything, it only makes me feel better for a small amount of time, and then I'm ready to beat myself up 20 minutes later.
It's amazing how stress truly does impact my eating behaviors. I never realized before that I was a TRUE stress eater. MEDI has shown me this weakness and my poor coping skills with stress. I'm working to find new ways to decompress. Does anyone have a method that really works?
In a little while, I'll be meeting my cousins for Mexican. I will stay on plan and order fajitas, without the sides. Ordinarily, I'd have a margarita, but I will skip that for a diet coke with a shot of captain morgan's possibly I hope the distraction will help!
Man, do I know about this. Related to smoking though and not food. I found that distractions help. Get yourself out of the environment as quick as you can. Im sorry to say that nothing with satiate a craving other than the thing you are craving, BUT, you can do other things in their place and remember why you are doing those things. Hell, at this point you should be able to look in the mirror and see why are you not giving in

My only source of release these days seems to be working out. You need something that releases the endorphins. I also did breathing exercises, but i doubt that will work with food--though it could i guess

Take a brisk walk, run around the neighborhood. do a quick 30-day shred workout. Stick your head out the door and scream. Distract yourself. Release the tension.

Hope this helps
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - I totally know this feeling....I'm in the midst of the most stressful time of grad school/work/teaching right now. So many expectations from others coming DUE next week, and plus I tend to be perfectionistic on top of that! Ugh! Today it helped to read 2 Corinthians 5....God doesn't just erase our sinful/out of balance choices/behaviors. When we identify ourself with Christ, He gives us a NEW identity. We will always remember what we were and realize that our sinful nature and our body may always be predisposed to a particular addiction/behavior. We may even still slip up at times, but we need no longer define ourself by our out of balance choices/behaviors. In Christ we are all the forgiven, cleansed, and holy children of God. NLT
I get stressed and want to eat, it's an old "comfort" that afterward makes me feel ashamed and foolish and want to keep it secret. God has a plan for each of us. I just need to choose to be in it. When I get frustrated the most is when I'm trying to convince myself of something and I know I need to rest/have peace instead. For instance, like thinking about it all is causing a lot of wasted energy....just use the energy to start nibbling at the elephant in the room. Don't analyze the elephant, place conditions on the elephant, dress and carry around the elephant, just start and move one foot after the other. I'm so still a work in progress!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sleepygal7
Stats: 201/187/160
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 3/3/11
Thank goodness for this site! Rachel...I'm right there with you today. I appreciated reading your posting, and I'm struggling through a bit of "life" today as well. I am working on my MBA, I was just promoted at work (I'm running the company Nationally now! Woo hoo!), and I'm starting to train for my next marathon.

So today, I'm trying to do the new job and the old job until my replacement starts, write papers and prepare presentations, eat protein and take all my pills, drink as much water as possible, and find time/energy to run. I just wanted some ice cream to celebrate the fact that I'm tolerating all of this today...but I settled for Powerade Zero Strawberry. And I'm not smiling.

But, now I feel slightly better that I let it out...and that someone else understands all the stress and pressure. We're all fabulous and determined women...and I appreciate all the stories from smaller underwear to advice on "cheating" options.

So, thank you to everyone...I admire all of your stories and I appreciate the accountability to update my statistics each week. *big hugs*
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

sleepygal7 - Good choice! I'm so glad you shared that! The more we hear from each other that we CAN step away, or make another (less damaging or totally non damaging) choice, the more it reinforces that we can ALL do this!! Something that has been helpful (when I remember and actually do it) is to stick my retainers in my mouth and drink some diet soda instead of snacking!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-22-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
I had another great week - lost an additional 3.5 lbs. for a four week total of 21.5 lbs! (The clinic said in reality I lost 5.5 lbs. because I gained 2 lbs. of water)

Mary, I really liked your post - it helped reassure me that keeping it "clean" and simple works. I've stuck to the food list with no deviation and have found my biggest challenge is portion control as everything tastes so good to me, and I'm one of those who actually loves meat. I weigh and measure everything!
I'm a real meat eater too!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
sorry not sure why it posted twice.

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-22-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Stress Anyone

Stress must be the theme of the day! Rachel I second your day of stress.
I find, like Tricia said, exercise is my release. I just may get on the treadmill at a ridiculous speed and run my frustrations out while listening to some pounding music!!! GRRRRR

I did read that when you start to crave something that you should squeeze your fists. The article I read said that the blood flow somehow stops the craving. I haven't tried this yet, but I am open to anything.

Hang in there! Everyone!

Fit2010- I have felt your pain. Grad school + life= stress.
I remember going to school, working two jobs, and writing my grad. thesis...(pulls hair just thinking about it.) The degree will be worth it.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Keri, Keri, Keri...too much coffee, too much stress, too little sleep, too little water, make Keri a........ "sponge"! It's all tied together, and can be fixed!

There probably isn't much you can do about the things producing the stress, but once you're sleeping better, you'll handle it better! FIRST, and foremost, Increase your water....write it down, so you can see how GREAT you're doing. By increasing your water you'll have less room for coffee.......less coffee, you'll sleep better. Get some Melatonin (3 or 4 mg). Don't drink any coffee (or other caffeine after 9:00 PM) Take one Melatonin about 1/2 hr before bedtime. It's a natural relaxant, and you shouldn't feel "hung over" the next day. Do what you do for your girls to get them to relax.......read, warm bath, nice back rub (you need DH for this one)
When you go to bed, make sure to count your blessings..........I'm not kidding reminding yourself how much you have to be grateful for helps change from stressed to more relaxed.......sleep well kiddo. You're the BEST and the extra water will be gone!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Rachel-God can take away your cravings. In fact that's the only way to get rid of cravings (unless of course you given in which is never good). But God does hear your prayers. Read the book "made to crave" it's about exactly what you are dealing with right now. And I am right there with you this week. This is pre-TOM week for me so I am craving chocolate like CRAZY!!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I really want to 2nd what Lins and Losing in Ftm said.....I wanted to caution everyone about "cheat" days last night but didn't want it to come across wrong. I spent 8 months in acute to lose 100 lbs and was never really advised a "cheat day", there were several times where I was told to incorporate in a higher-carb meal in one day (but now I see that it was more of like adding in a maintenance-type of meal).

I looked at those low-carb desserts too on that website, and yes....they look delicious, but I won't be making any of them. I too prefer to stick with very simple things, lean proteins with lots of fresh veggies. Then I change up how it's prepared/seasoned. I know my brain will talk me into eating one of those low-carb treats, then another, and another...until I realize the pan is gone. In maintenance if I want something sweet I would prefer to have 2 bites of real chocolate cake, then fool myself into thinking I can eat a bunchof low-carb ones.

In the end, the best thing to do is follow the guidelines given to us by our clinics.

Happy 1st day of Spring! (despite that it's snowing here in RI right now!!)
This sounds like great advice. I'm also very aware of how slippery a slope it would be for me to make those incredible treats. I love her site and perhaps will one day be able to make those desserts, but right now, I'm just not in control enough, I don't think. I'm keeping it very simple and have been successful because of it. My big treat today was to have a salad with grilled chicken--the treat was I ordered it at a restaurant. I was happy to find something I could eat and still visit with my friend. I don't think I'm ready for a planned "cheat" day at all. And like you, I'd rather eat a bite of the real deal and stop rather than risk having a big pan of low-carb brownies around. I would eat that whole pan, I know it!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Update

Wow, what a group of compassionate, understanding women.?!? A lot of very useful suggestions. I did not succumb to my potato chip desire! I went to Mexican, and didn't even look at a chip I ordered a fajita salad, which I don't know all of the nutritional information for, but I do know that it was low-carb. No rice, No beans, No salad shell, and NO sugary margarita
I will admit that I had 1/2 serving of a Lindt dark 85% cocoa. For me I really crave chocolate at times, and I have found if I have a small amount of this natural VERY (4 carbs/ 105 cals) low carb dark chocolate, my craving goes away. This is not an every day practice!!! I don't recommend this for others, but I am being honest here so I wanted to fully disclose how I handled this. I had a nice decompressing gab session with my 2 cousins, and a diet coke with rum :blush: Getting away from the every day stresses is wonderful from time to time.
Thanks for all of the encouragment, and I hope that everyone else is dealing with their stress in a nonfood fashion
Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #560
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Such great encouragement!! I like the idea of the "simple" way. I was getting frustrated with trying to figure out new menu ideas that were medi compliant, I honestly spent about 4hrs trying to plan my meals for this week. I will go back to what I know so far and try something new on occasion. Not that it has not been working, but I have other things that I should be doing. Like chasing my two yr old around
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
You guys are extra motivating today! I had a good eating day today. I should have tracked ahead of time or at least as I was going along as I ate too many calories but it was all medi friendly and that is far better than the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow is a new day. I had 4-5 moments today when I just wanted to uncontrolably eat and I was able to stop myself. I also actually journaled. I am really working on getting to the bottom of my self sabotaging behaviors when I get near or to my weight loss goal.

Rachel- I had a similar restraunt experience today. Why can't we remember how great it feels to handle an eating situation the medi way. That is a great accomplishment. Congrats!

Kerri- I am sure your stress level and lack of hydration is accountable for your 2lbs. Hydrate and keep making good choices. You are doing all of the right things. Good luck with your move.

Lins- I'm glad your ankle is holding up to running
My other breakthrough... I was having some issues with the amt. of money I am spending on Medi. I was expecting to be at goal by now and because of my non-compliance, I am not. The total amount I have spent is far more than I expected in the beginning. I have tried doing it on my own and weighing in every 2 weeks only to fall off the wagon. I have decided that I am worth the money I am spending. That conscious decision is helping me to move forward.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #562
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Had my 4th weigh-in today. 5.6lbs!!! I dont want to say the downside, but the other side was it was 3lbs of water.. At least it was a better number than my last two 2lb weigh-in... but a loss is a loss.

So a total of 17.2lb of which 12.9lb is fat for my first month.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone tried these bars?
Quest bar
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Deb- good luck with all of your deadlines. This too shall pass. You know I can empathize. I am on spring break this week, it took from Thursday until Tuesday just to reduce my stress and anxiety level to the point that I feel like I am on break and now my break is half over. Looking forward to a little relaxation and gym time the rest of the week.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I think many of us follow a clean eating type of WOE on Medi. I know my center suggests keeping it "simple". They do sell the bars etc, but never really pushed any of their products. I use protein powder (Syntrax) sometimes, but mainly cook at home using fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, and protein. IF I feel the need for potatoes, I either cook then mash cauliflower, or cook rutabagas. I use Miracle Noodles when I want pasta, but so far it's only once every few weeks. I've been making the pizza made with a cauliflower crust, and have been doing my own tweeks to it. I I've decided NOT to use things like cool whip.....I'd rather have a little REAL whipped cream, and be accountable for the calories. I use Plain Greek yogurt instead of using the FF sour cream (which I didn't like). I do use almond milk. I don't use ANY FF cheese.

The areas I have compromised in, is my sweetners, and my morning coffee! I have used sugar substitute for years. I use DaVinci SF flavoring, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia. I do drink SOME diet soda/flavored water/crystal light (but I MAINLY drink plain water). I really like the SF Coffee Mate, but also sometimes use a little 1/2 & 1/2 and almond milk in place of the coffee mate.....I'm starting to move towards NOT using the coffee mate but I'm not there yet! :blush:

Anyway I think it's easy to do Medi.....clean!

I'm too cheap with both my $$$ and my carbs to buy many of the low carb products. I think I'm afraid if I try too many of the recipes making muffins, rolls etc I'll over do...........One thing I finally learned about myself is that TOO much variety is NOT my friend! I think I've always been afraid I'd miss something, so I see a yummy looking recipe and HAD to make it......THEN it tasted good, so instead of just having a small bit I'd HAVE to have "just a little more". When we went out to eat EVERYTHING looked so good on the menu I had a hard time deciding, so usually ordered MORE than I needed, and of course I HAD to eat it all.....after all I PAID for it, and didn't want to waste it, or just take a little home...so I ate it! Now I only clip or print recipes that fit with Medi, and I weigh and measure most things. When we go out to eat I don't really read the menu like I used to...I'm no longer afraid I'll MISS something!
Well said, Mary! LOVE it! And I'm so glad to know that I've fallen into many of the same habits as someone who has been as successful as you! Thanks for sharing!
~Roni
Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Wow, what a group of compassionate, understanding women.?!? A lot of very useful suggestions. I did not succumb to my potato chip desire! I went to Mexican, and didn't even look at a chip I ordered a fajita salad, which I don't know all of the nutritional information for, but I do know that it was low-carb. No rice, No beans, No salad shell, and NO sugary margarita
I will admit that I had 1/2 serving of a Lindt dark 85% cocoa. For me I really crave chocolate at times, and I have found if I have a small amount of this natural VERY (4 carbs/ 105 cals) low carb dark chocolate, my craving goes away. This is not an every day practice!!! I don't recommend this for others, but I am being honest here so I wanted to fully disclose how I handled this. I had a nice decompressing gab session with my 2 cousins, and a diet coke with rum :blush: Getting away from the every day stresses is wonderful from time to time.
Thanks for all of the encouragment, and I hope that everyone else is dealing with their stress in a nonfood fashion
Yay, Rachel! You resisted the urge to binge.

I'm with you -- I didn't realize how much I depended on food to de-stress. Ironic, isn't it -- that my weight gain was a HUGE (pardon the pun) source of stress for me!

~Roni
Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Only lost a pound, but I didnt think I had lost any so one is better than none right?

Also, traded 2.2 lbs of fat for muscle! Woop!

and AND! my weight now begins with a 1
That's awesome -- Trading up (fat for muscle)! Yay you!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #568
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hi, all. Thanks so much for the information on men and medi. We appreciated it!

I had a weird weigh-in today; because of travel schedules, I weighed in last Thursday (Friday is regular day) and had lost 2.5 pounds. This week, I had to weigh in today (Tuesday), and only lost .5 pounds. I've lost a total of 16.5 pounds in not quite a month (Friday would be a month). I had it in my mind that I would lose 20 the first month, before going to a meeting away to San Diego tomorrow through Sunday. But, I mad a lot of progress! A bit scared about the prospect of being on the road and doing the plan well. The hotel is a bit isolated (which makes it serene, nice) but not close to stores or restaurants. So, I may venture out in a taxi to whole foods or some such when I arrive, and then do my best around the conference foods, etc. Be well everyone!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I went biking last night instead of my Zumba class. I don't know how far but I biked for over a hour (my part of Florida is so flat) at a steady pace. It was beautiful! There was a cool breeze and the sun was setting just as I got home. Perfect.
Because of the weightloss and my increased fitness there are so many more pleasant rewards than just being thinner and buying new clothes. Last night reminded me of another.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

I just love reading how everyone overcomes their struggles. I find it very motivating. Keep it up everyone, you are doing an awesome job and you are all VERY worth it!

I find that some days it's just best for me to plan what I am going to eat in a day and then just stick to that, even if I don't "want" it. If I just put something in my stomach (usually a protein shake), and then get away from food, I will feel better in about 15 minutes. But if I stand in the kitchen trying to figure out WHAT I want, then the cravings just get worse, and the bad choices call my name. This is expecially true on TOM weeks. I just have to eat what I planned ahead of time without too much thought, and then WALK AWAY!

This is my TOM week so I am telling you this because this is how I survive this week.
Closed Thread