Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Trish aren't you back yet???

Im here unless you mean cheftrish, in which case

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Hi ladies,
You all are always good for inspiration. I am almost embaressed to post with all of you doing so well and being so positive. Trying to figure out why I can't get past this 157-160lb hump. I always sabotage myself. I know the medi plan, I know how to follow it, have followed it, and know I feel sooooo much better when I do. Why do I eat stuff that's not on plan as if it's my job? Sorry to vent.

Here is where I am. I am down about 30lbs from medi. I am 5-10 lbs from my goal. This will put me at a lower weight than when I graduated from high school. I fell off the wagon in January and gained 7.5lbs. I lost 7 lbs by doing week 1, 2 weeks ago. Last week was my birthday and I was aweful! I got guilted into eating gluten free brownies and that set me into a binging frenzie. Made me realize that I can not eat a little of something or I pay the price in craving struggles for days. I gained 3lbs back that week which was actually good because I saw immediate results of my poor choices. This past week I have been okay but not perfectly on program. WI tomorrow and I don't want to go, not see the scale move or even worse, gain again. Sorry to be a downer, but I am open to any suggestions. I feel like everyone else just chooses to stay on program and does it. Why do my actions not match my choices? Suggestions and kicks in the butt welcome.

Swervegirl- You are rocking those Capris. Keep up the good work.

Deb- I hear you with grad school stress. Any end in sight? I will be finished in about 10 weeks. I think eliminating that stressor will do wonders for some of my eating issues. Hang in there. I am enjoying spring break this week and hoping to get in some extra gym time.

Mary- I agree with keeping it simple. I wish my clinic has suggested this to me. I try to add variety but I have noticed that when I make these "special" medi friendly recipes, I have to be very careful as to how I eat them. The emotion between a food that is a "treat" but medi friendly confuses my brain and I end up off program.

I will let you all know how I make out at WI tomorrow.
Erica
Old 03-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Erica,
Good to hear from you again! Hey, this is a venting zone, we've all been there. It's a s-a-f-e place, here, friend! The current grad school class will be over in 7 wks (it's a 4 credit course online with activity time too, and lasts 7 1/2 wks! Intense! and all while teaching two days a week and working in PACU 1 to 2 days a wk.) I will be off in the summer, I've been in school every summer since 2007 so I'm looking forward to being off this summer!! My house, my health, my family need me! (My daughter is getting married the last part of August). Then in the Fall I'll do a practicum for 15-16 wks and finish with my MSN in Dec. I'm so ready to be done with papers!! The deadlines, the long hours, the lack of planning and the lack of exercise, it's been taking a toll on my MWL WOE. I know you are right, "eliminating that stressor will do wonders for some of my eating issues!" We both started at about the same weight, I lost mine, but now I'm creeping back up. I'll be onboard with you to dedicate some of Spring break to better choices!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-20-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Deb and Erica, So sorry about the grad school stresses, but good for you for furthering your education AND taking time to do the Medi-WL program. It is hard to balance, and you are not alone in this! And don't forget to pat yourselves on the back for reaching out here, for continuing to take care of your health. So, you go, girls! Hang in there! You can do it.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #515
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Men and Medi?

Hello! My husband is very supportive of my doing Medi---my idea, but he's been great. He's been working out and eating fairly low fat and low carb for about six months, and has really gotten in good shape. He's like to lose another 30 or so pounds. Before we consider paying for the Medi program for two of us, can anyone speak to the experience for males? Is it positive? I've heard it is a higher caloric allotment for protein daily (750 cals?) but similar in most other ways. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any responses to this.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Deb it was good to hear from you again. I too am struggling with some weight put on over the holidays. Mine was from overindulgence though. I have been able to keep up with my exercise and even have increased it a little and now am back to 167lbs. I was 158 when I left Medi (mostly for financial reasons) with a original goal of 150lb. My intention was to maintain through the holidays then work on the final 8lbs on my own.
Now I am working on 17lbs.
But this time I am not beating myself up over the gain like I have in the past. I am slowly plugging away at it. Like you I now have a couple of pants that now longer fit and I definitely am counting on my Spanx to work harder that it was. I will get the weight back off although I know it will be slower than it was before.

Last edited by losing in Ftm; 03-21-2011 at 06:01 AM..
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
Hello! My husband is very supportive of my doing Medi---my idea, but he's been great. He's been working out and eating fairly low fat and low carb for about six months, and has really gotten in good shape. He's like to lose another 30 or so pounds. Before we consider paying for the Medi program for two of us, can anyone speak to the experience for males? Is it positive? I've heard it is a higher caloric allotment for protein daily (750 cals?) but similar in most other ways. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any responses to this.
I'll jump in here....My DH (Bill) joined Medi about a week after I did. He was allowed 600 - 800 protein calories a day (I was doing 500 calories a day) The Dr. at Medi told him he could have more calories but this was the fastest way to get his weight down, blood pressure down, blood work numbers all under control, and to reduce his coronary risk. It was hard for Bill the first couple of weeks especially when he started adding in exercise. He also had been diagnosed (way prior to Medi) as having insulin resistance, so the Dr. warned that the weight might come off a little slower than for some men at first. From the beginning he lost consistently but didn't have a lot of big numbers until many weeks in. I remember then there was a 2 week period where he lost 11 pounds! All together he's lost close to 100 pounds on Medi!

He does aerobic exercise (BRISK walking....some jogging) and weights just about every day. He is now in sizes he hasn't worn for25 years.....the last time he was this size he weighed MUCH less! He is still on BP meds (he's had high BP since BEFORE he was overweight), but they have been reduced a LOT, some of his other meds have been discontinued by his Dr. The last blood work he had done was PERFECT, and his Dr. has said he can go from being seen in the office ever 3 months to now only needing to be seen once a year!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I agree that it's best to keep it simple. I too played around with some recipes when I was stuck in a rut, but for the most part I kept everything as simple as possible and it really paid off.

And a note to those of you wanting to do a planned higher carb day. I did it when I had been on the plan for 10 weeks. In ketosis that whole time, and 100% on plan. And it worked great. However if you've had cheats here and there and you have been in an out of ketosis then it won't work. And take it from some of us who have BTDT, sometimes it also makes you go out of control. So don't take it lightly PLEASE. Talk to your clinic and see what the recommend. My clinic actually recommened it to me, and gave me some guidlines otherwise I wouldn't have done it at all. You've worked way to hard to just "think" that's what you need to do.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Regarding my comments on 'cheat days' I want to really caution those of you that are fairly new to the program. This can be a real slippery slope. That's why I said to talk to your clinic first. Even if you feel like you are being rushed through your meetings. My suggestion is to call ahead and let them know that you are have many questions and are going to require additional time, I also had one NP that I particularly liked and felt like she gave me great advice. I always made sure that I scheduled my question time with her. I have had several issues with my clinic but they were usually from the business decisions being made, not the advice from the counselors. I also used email with them alot when I first started and they always responded no later then 24 hrs if not sooner.
Finally I agree with Mary regarding Candance recipes, I read them and was amazed at what she did. However, if your past eating was anything like mine a pan of brownies or a batch of cookies never lasted very long in my house. Even low carb ones can add up quickly (think cocoa almonds). I would like to try some so I look forward to any feedback any of you have, but for me it's going to have to be when I have people over so hopefully there won't be a whole pan calling my name.
I hope everyone has a great week this week.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Today is my weigh-in after work, Dont really feel like ive lost much this week. Had a really rough week and with my ankles being all uncooperative, was only able to get one workout in

If my home scale is any indication, Ive stayed exactly the same. So kind of a downer week I think. This is only my 4th weigh-in. Anyone else experience a "plateau" of sorts this early in? Im kinda bummed

lbeetle: My then-boyfriend, now husband did medi with me the first time and I have to say that they were very supportive of him and I think the male counselors, especially, really like it when theres a guy around just to break up the monotony of all the girls He did really well on the plan in spite of him always being on travel, the weight seemed to fall off him pretty easily and I dont think he was following the plan to the letter--cant really eat every 2 hours when you are at a client site sometimes, ya know?

This is the reason he has not joined me this time, but promised to follow the diet along with me--Ive been in 4 weeks now, he swears he's starting today ah men, they are so funny

I think your husband will find great support, if not better, support than you do at your clinic
Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Deb it was good to hear from you again. I too am struggling with some weight put on over the holidays. Mine was from overindulgence though. I have been able to keep up with my exercise and even have increased it a little and now am back to 167lbs. I was 158 when I left Medi (mostly for financial reasons) with a original goal of 150lb. My intention was to maintain through the holidays then work on the final 8lbs on my own.
Now I am working on 17lbs.
But this time I am not beating myself up over the gain like I have in the past. I am slowly plugging away at it. Like you I now have a couple of pants that now longer fit and I definitely am counting on my Spanx to work harder that it was. I will get the weight back off although I know it will be slower than it was before.
I'm so glad that you posted! We were all so supportive of each other and encouraged/inspired each other to make dramatic changes in our health due to MWL and this LCF site, including EXERCISE accountabililty....something I'd never stayed commited to previously!! Crazy schedule and cooler weather made it easy to let exercise slide. I'm there with you AGAIN as we encourage each other to make this way of life successfully part of the definition of who we ARE for the rest of our lives!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-21-2011 at 08:51 AM..
Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I really want to 2nd what Lins and Losing in Ftm said.....I wanted to caution everyone about "cheat" days last night but didn't want it to come across wrong. I spent 8 months in acute to lose 100 lbs and was never really advised a "cheat day", there were several times where I was told to incorporate in a higher-carb meal in one day (but now I see that it was more of like adding in a maintenance-type of meal).

I looked at those low-carb desserts too on that website, and yes....they look delicious, but I won't be making any of them. I too prefer to stick with very simple things, lean proteins with lots of fresh veggies. Then I change up how it's prepared/seasoned. I know my brain will talk me into eating one of those low-carb treats, then another, and another...until I realize the pan is gone. In maintenance if I want something sweet I would prefer to have 2 bites of real chocolate cake, then fool myself into thinking I can eat a bunchof low-carb ones.

In the end, the best thing to do is follow the guidelines given to us by our clinics.

Happy 1st day of Spring! (despite that it's snowing here in RI right now!!)

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Yes...so much for first day of Spring...snowing here in NY too! This weather is crazy. Fortunately school wasn't delayed or canceled- which is good because we already lost one of our vacation days.

Thanks for the feedback on the cheat day. I like Keri's suggestion of raising the carbs at one meal. Maybe even raising calories one day without necessarily going off plan.

I don't have the benefit of being able to go to a clinic since there is none in my area. The closest is in another state, so I am working hard on my own here. My body adapts quickly to a diet and then gets comfortable so when this happens I need to shake things up for a day. I think it might be a better idea to up calories and stay on plan then go off because then it could be hard to jump back in....although today is going pretty well. A bit hungry, but nothing uncontrollable.

Tricia- good luck at the weigh in. Maybe you lost inches! That can't be measured on the scale.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Kristine29 - Sorry you don't have a clinic around you. How about putting your statistics on your profile so we can see and celebrate your progress with you!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #525
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristalfab
Stats: 201/160/150
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 11, 2011
Quote:
I go in for my weigh in tomorrow. I am in Week 1. So my menu options will expand. I've already copied the shopping list from page 1. I've also noticed a lot of you linking food from Netrition.com. Okay - here's my question...

What are the MUST HAVES from Netrition.com?
What are the MUST HAVES from MWL?

I need the variety, so any thing you can suggest, to help make this process easier, the better. I prefer to eat the regular, fresh food. But like some of you say, you go to a movie and you don't want to be tempted by the popcorn, so you take _____ instead.

What are good protein bars to buy, to pack in my bag as I'm out and about? I noticed that Atkins has lots of bars at the grocery store. Are any of them good?

I'm so ready for a salad, I can almost die! I am a regular salad eater normally, so for me to not have a salad for a week has been very painful!

Thanks for all the help. You all are the best!
I posted this a few days ago and didn't get much of a reply. I had my first weigh-in on Friday and I am down 8 lbs. 4 lbs of FAT!!! I feel great and I 'm excited with all the new veggie/fruit options.

I'm still looking for answers to the above questions, so if anyone wants to chime in. I keep seeing reference to Power Crunch bars. What about Atkins bars? Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #526
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi All,

I just started back on Medi to lose my last few lbs, I havent been since Dec. I was curious what can I leave at work to snack on or to keep for lunch that is easy to make. I know this program is not easy, but was curious if any one had any suggestions. Thank you
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

I had a WONDERFUL day today! We added about another .75 of a mile to our walk today making it 6.75. Bill jogged a lot more, and said he felt really good. I haven't added back any jogging yet, because my knee is still a little stiff......BUT I plan on doing it tomorrow!!! We both got a new pair of MUCH NEEDED walking/running shoes today. They were on both on sale, and we used some of the money we made from selling some of the "junk" from our garage! I also used some of that money for a new scale from Amazon......AND I was notified that my order from Netrition was finally on it's way. Everything was delayed because the Miracle Noodles were on back order!

I was trying to remember what I ordered, besides the Miracle Noodles hmmmm

I ordered DaVinci SF syrup in the toasted marshmallow flavor (I tried it long ago and LOVED it)

Liquid Splenda (EZ-Sweetz)
more coconut oil
seems like it was more but right now I can't think of what else. I do know I forgot at least one item.....the ostrich jerky. Guess that will have to wait for my next order
Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in complete agreement with Lins and Keri. When I talked to my clinic about being stalled, THEY suggested I do a planned day of increased carbs and calories........BUT like I wrote earlier this only works if you have been following the plan 100%. I have resorted to this more than once because of being stalled. I've been stuck at any given weight for over a month......even though I had good weightloss right up until I got to 160....that seems to be the place my body wants to be.....I also had a plateau at 180! I'm still changing size, even though the scale seems to be stuck

I TRIED to do a planned "cheat" day yesterday, but didn't overdo as much as I had planned. I won't weigh until later this week, so I'm really hoping it works, and I see a much smaller number on the scale
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

crisal-I would talk to your clinic and see what they suggest as far as protein bars. Some clinics do not want you doing "net carbs" and others like mine don't mind. So you need to find out what your clinic recommends. I have used Adkins Enduldge bar the whole time I was in acute and still lost the weight. I carry one with me everywhere. I also carry 100 calorie packs of almonds with me (a lot of time I just make my own packages, it's cheaper). A big key to me was to always have something with me so I never had the excuse to cheat just because I was hungry and away from home. I am also known to have a small lunch box with a protein shake and ice packs on a day that I do know I will be away from home for lunch.

I ran 5 miles tonight and it felt WONDERFUL. Zero ankle pain. It is hot outside, but the humidity wasn't too bad so I wasn't bothered by it.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
I found these organic natural bars/snacks that might work for some of you. I listen to this podcast by Ben Greenfield, who is a triathlete/ironman competitor and personal trainer/nutritionist. He mentioned these bars and so I checked them out. Cocochia is the name by Living Fuel. The Cocochia snack mix only has 5 carbs, less if you subtract the sugar alcohol. You can find their products on this site: http://www.livingfuel.com/CocoChia-Snack-Mix.aspx

I haven't tried them yet, but when I can I plan on it. Also I didn't check to see if this was in the recipes list, but a good substitute for mashed potatoes is mashed cauliflower. I throw in the spreadable laughing cow cheese. I like the garlic and herb and the french onion.

(In case anyone was wondering....I have been following the plan 110%. I work out every day- always have. I never do anything half -way. I just know my body pretty well. I have battled weight loss for a long time- never weight gain. Once I lose weight I don't gain it back, the benefits of having a body that likes to adapt and maintain.) I appreciate all your help and suggestions.

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-21-2011 at 04:54 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Finally jogged again! It had been a LONG time. Mostly lately when I'd exercised I was bicycling. Now that I'm up some #s I can REALLY feel the load of the extra weight and my already out of shape feeling just got worse! I had to remember how to breathe so that it wasn't all so shallow. I was out of practice! Anyways, I only lasted about 3/4 of a mile and then walked 3/4 of a mile back. Part of the problem may have been that I'd last eaten about 2 hours previously and I'm battling a sinus infection. I just HAD to get out and away from my grad school papers though....I was going stir crazy!

Mary - How do you use your toasted marshmallow syrup? Sounds yum!

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-21-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Kristine29;14492163]I found these organic natural bars/snacks that might work for some of you. I listen to this podcast by Ben Greenfield, who is a triathlete/ironman competitor and personal trainer/nutritionist. He mentioned these bars and so I checked them out. Cocochia is the name by Living Fuel. The Cocochia snack mix only has 5 carbs, less if you subtract the sugar alcohol. You can find their products on this site: http://www.livingfuel.com/CocoChia-Snack-Mix.aspx

I haven't tried them yet, but when I can I plan on it. Also I didn't check to see if this was in the recipes list, but a good substitute for mashed potatoes is mashed cauliflower. I throw in the spreadable laughing cow cheese. I like the garlic and herb and the french onion.

QUOTE]

Kristine29 - I looked at the link and I'm only interested in the cocochia - It says a serving size is 2 Tablespoons/139 calories/11.5 g fat/9.9g carb/5.1 g fiber/and only 2.3g protein. Mediweightloss clinics would probably NOT recommend it for acute because things are supposed to be primarily protein. But it does give me hope that I could use it soon when at goal again....it said it is great sprinkled on fruit salads, mixed into yogurt or oatmeal, or mixed with almond butter. It would probably take care of a sweet/bread like fix that I would like and yet be made up of good fats and fiber instead of empty calories. I'm not going to order it...yet. Don't want the temptation, plus I'll see if it can be found at the health food store.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
My WI was worse than expected. I gained 3 more lbs. That will teach me not to follow the program. Had a very theraputic conversation with my PA/counselor. I feel like I am on the right track again. Thanks again for all of your support. Looking forward to a good week.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
I've heard so many of you talk about doing Zumba -- do you use the DVD's or go to classes? If you've tried both -- which do you prefer?

Dear hubby bought me the Zumba DVD's for my b-day . . . I LOVE it! I sweat buckets and have so much fun. My poor, old hips have never moved like this before! LOL

~Roni
Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #535
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
I have only went to the class, and its really fun to interact with others and learn together. But I am tempted to buy the DVDs as well. my classess are getting really packed and I can't get there that much earlier to get a spot due to work/daycare pickup... I hope its as much fun as being in class
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #536
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
I have recently started back to medi - gained about 25-25 pounds of the 45 I lost. I saw this post earlier - have any of you restarted and had slow loss? I am rounding out week 1, and just mentally preparing myself for what to expect. I realize everyone is a bit different - just wasn't sure if there was a trend. Also, when I stopped eating lower-carb, I went to a Clean Eating lifestyle - which I really fell in love with. A lot of the sweets and additives that are lower carb have several processed and substitutes/additives that I typically stay away from. Any advice on how to manage this?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Only lost a pound, but I didnt think I had lost any so one is better than none right?

Also, traded 2.2 lbs of fat for muscle! Woop!

and AND! my weight now begins with a 1
Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

WTG Tricia! Welcome to the 100's!

changes-I gained back 16lbs and am currently a restart. I lost 8lbs the first week, but it as been slow going after that. They told me that was normal. I still have 5lbs, to lose to get to my original loss, and I want to lose another 7lbs on top of that. I lose about 1-2lbs a week it seems. Which I am okay with.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Tricia - Welcome to "one"derland! Here's to never ever seeing the 2's again! I still remember how thrilled I was the day I hit that milestone....good for you!

So on Saturday when I did my daily weigh-in at home, I was 162.0. Which is about 2 lbs up from my typical. Not really sure where the 2 lbs came from, it was literally overnight, Friday morning I was 159.8. So I wasn't very worried, figured it was some random water weight. However, it was still there this morning! Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and now Tuesday I have been 162.0. (And I weigh myself first thing every morning in the same spot....so of course I even tried moving the scale around to see if somehow something else was causing the change!). I have my monthly weigh-in one week from today - 2 lbs must be gone! The thing that aggravates me is that it literally came on overnight...but I want it gone! I like seeing anything on the scale under 160!!!

Today I am doing more of an acute style day, and probably will for a few days. And I need to make sure I drink much more water than I have been drinking, I know I have been slacking on that. With all the stress of closing on the new house this week, DH being back in full swing of his construction season, and issues with our old house preparing it for the April closing....I have hardly been sleeping which means I drink lots and lots of coffee/caffeine during the day (which in the end only worsens my sleep at night, it's an endless cycle!).

I need to get those 2 lbs gone before the actual moving starts, I am so worried about getting the kitchen set so that we will be able to have healthy food....and not just "quick" food!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #540
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
lins- thanks for the reply. I anticipated it would be a bit slow after the first week, which I think is understandable (I am sure the last 15-20 is tougher to lose). I can only hope to lose 8lbs the first week
Closed Thread