Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi Tessa

Thanks for your kind comment. Sometimes I feel like I am rambeling, but I am so used to patient teaching that I really get going at times! Happy that my posts are helping you, as so many other people's insight and suggestions are helping me. How about saving your fat serving for the end of the day, and have celery with peanut butter? It's very crunchy, and satisfying. I like having a mini pizza sometimes at night, recipe is posted under lunch posts I believe. Make sure you "fry" the cheese until it's nice and brown on the bottom and crispy. I usually save my nuts for the end of the day, and have those as my evening snack. I'm a sucker for crunchy foods! I also really enjoy the unsweetened chocolate almond milk. I was told by my center to count it towards my protein calories. It's delicious warmed, with a few squirts of Davinci Chocolate Syrup and a tsp of Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa.

Today was a great day after 4pm (end of the work day)! I took out a pair of capri pants I haven't worn in 2 years and they fit perfectly, NO MUFFIN TOP required Yes capri pants, it was actually 81 here in Richmond VA today! I'm amazed at how much better I'm feeling. I have a long road ahead of me, but this weight loss is already having major benefits towards my self image, and activity level. I have been getting a lot of compliments regarding how much weight I am losing, which is a MAJOR motivator!

Keri your story was really cute! It's amazing how a little positive attention from a stranger can blow up our confidence!

I was daydreaming today about reaching my "goal". I wonder what my weight has to get down to for my thighs not to touch anymore? This may sound silly, but I honestly can't remember ever being comfortable wearing shorts, or short skirts. I would love to be able to have the figure to do that, sometime in the near future.

BTW Lins being that you weigh my goal weight, I'm curious to now what your Total Body Water is? Mine is like 80lbs, and I'm wondering what should I be looking for that to decrease to?

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-18-2011 at 06:46 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I was daydreaming today about reaching my "goal". I wonder what my weight has to get down to for my thighs not to touch anymore? This may sound silly, but I honestly can't remember ever being comfortable wearing shorts, or short skirts. I would love to be able to have the figure to do that, sometime in the near future.
Boy, this really struck a cord with me! NEVER in my adult life.....and not much even in my teen years, was I comfortable wearing shorts! I did wear shorter skirts when I was in my late teens, early twenties, but I hated feeling shorts "riding up", and hated seeing heavy people PULLING on their shorts, or worse yet NOT PULLING them down when they did ride up in between their legs! I now own probably 10 pairs of shorts (all given to me by my sister-in-law) that FIT, and that I wear any day it's warm enough! My favorites right now are two plaid pairs.....YES, I said PLAID! I also have e pairs of what we used to call SKORTS.....not sure if they're still called that or not, but where it looks like you have on a skirt but there are shorts on under. The first pair my SIL gave me I didn't like much, but other than the color (lavender) I couldn't figure out the problem....then when I bought a pair at Goodwill and I figured it out....they were too LONG! I LOVE wearing skirts, dresses, skorts, and shorts now.....it won't be long Rachel, and you'll ditch those capris!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Swirveegrl;14480812]Another Successful weigh in! How motivating?!?! I can't believe the 180's are just around the corner!!!!My clothes are all getting way too lose. I hate the idea of buying more clothes, because I have a ways to reach my goal. Anyone have any suggestions?

Goodwill!! you'll be getting some GREAT bargains, and helping out a good cause. We have 4 Goodwill stores in our area (within easy driving area) 2 are really good, one is OK, and the one in the most affluent area isn't even worth my time! When I go to Jacksonville I ALWAYS hit the Hospice Thrift Shop as well as Salvation Army, and the Humane Society Thrift store. We also hit one that takes me being in the "right" frame of mind......it's in the West Palm Beach area and the people (mainly customers) are SO rude, but the bargains can't be beat. DH even likes shopping there...something he wouldn't have EVER done 2 years ago. This place always has a lot of new things that still have their original price tags on....I guess they must be overstock items from local stores. I've also noticed several NEW thrift stores open in my VERY depressed area! Guess I need to check them out!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sleepygal7
Stats: 201/187/160
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 3/3/11
Candice's Low Carb Recipes

I am in love with this website! This woman is a low carb genius and I'm going to try to find peanut flour today. It's nice to read so many inspirational stories, as well as finding great recipes. I was bummed to only lose 1.4 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday, but they told me that was typical for week two. *shrugging my shoulders* It's my birthday today, and no cheating...but I might try to bake a few things from Candice's website. Wish me luck!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #485
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: summit
Stats: 194/169/145
WOE: medi weight loss
Start Date: January 2011
weight loss is slowing down

This is my first time on the site. I joined medi weightloss 8 weeks ago and have lost 25 pounds. But....my weight loss is slowing down. I am losing only about 1.5 pounds per week while I continue to follow the diet without exception. I do at least 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week. Anyone else have this experience?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Probably most people. As your body adjusts to your new way of eating your wieght loss will slow down, remember any loss is a loss. If you plateau talk to your clinic, several of us here have found that a managed 'cheat' day helps jump start your loss. Please go back and read the last several months you will find this discussed often with various theories and recommendations.
Don't let frustration sabatoge your loss.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #487
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the "words of wisdom" re: small weight loss. You are right--1.5 lbs is still a loss though it is tough to see the small numbers after working so hard all week. Trying to stay positive!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygal7 View Post

I am in love with this website! This woman is a low carb genius and I'm going to try to find peanut flour today. It's nice to read so many inspirational stories, as well as finding great recipes. I was bummed to only lose 1.4 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday, but they told me that was typical for week two. *shrugging my shoulders* It's my birthday today, and no cheating...but I might try to bake a few things from Candice's website. Wish me luck!
You are right!!!! This woman is a genius and it's amazing what she's been able to do with low carb desserts and treats!!! Thanks for this tip! I've already bookmarked her page!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #489
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Thanks for all the recommendations! I completely forgot that I could have some peanut butter, which is surprising considering that was the one thing I craved the whole first week.

And Sleepygal7 don't let the small number for week 2 discourage you. I only lost 1.7lbs on week 2 and then week 3 it jumped up to 4.8lbs. Just keep working hard and you will be happy you did. Good luck avoiding the birthday temptations and Happy Birthday!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Treated Myself

I decided it was time that I "treat" myself, for all of my success I had a WONDERFUL Spa DELUXE pedicure and Manicure with Gel Polish today after getting off of work. WOW! It was fantastic! My legs and feet felt so rejuvenated and moisturized afterwards. I also bought new PRETTY clearence underwear @ Kohl's. Maybe this is TMI, but I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed shopping for panties (or anything, besides shoes). I think the reason why, was that I was constantly having to go up a size! It felt GREAT to go down 1. For those that may be wondering, as I was, what's gel polish? It's this really cool nail polish that is applied in the salon, that is supposed to last 2-3 weeks. I will try it out and let you all know if it is worth the $. I haven't had painted nails, in FOREVER, because I'm constantly washing my hands, so it always chips QUICK.
It's another beautiful day here in Richmond. Perfect day to make a summer salad, which I did: Greens, Chicken asagio & spinach sausage, and strawberries YUMMY!
I hope all of you are doing well. Mary thanks for the encouragement. I can't believe that I could possibly ever see 130lbs on MY scale, but I feel like this WOE is really going to get me there. I will continue to seek support here, journal, and think of how FABULOUS it is to eat and NOT feel like I need to sleep afterwards, or how I ate way too much, or how bloated or miserable I feel after hitting the buffet :blush: I'd like to think, that girl of overindulgence is gone forever; but, I know she lingers in the back of my subconcious, so I will do what I must to keep her LIPS ZIPPED ! It's so wonderful to share these feelings, with others who really know how I feel.

BTW these power crunch protein bars are awesome. I'm not a vanilla fan, BUT the vanilla bar is DELICIOUS too!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-19-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #491
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Tricia, I laughed out loud when I read your entry. Right as I was reading about your manicure treat, I thought, "I'd love to tell everyone I had to (got to!) buy new SMALLER underwear today! But would that be weird?" So, I'm all for TMI!!! Yes, I am throwing everything out, and starting new. And they are a size smaller! Great prices at TJMAXX. I tried on a few clearance items (good sales) but that treat will come when I lose more weight, and closer to summer! And I HATE shopping! But it was fun to be a bit smaller. Also, we went on an overnight trip to a small town, took the dog, had a great and relaxing time. I stayed on the plan, but didn't stress out---hubby and I split a spinach salad loaded with Medi stuff, and I had dressing on side and dipped so used very little. We told the server we would split the salad and they brought it out in 2 bowls---2 GIANT bowls. And we were laughing that a month ago, we would have thought nothing about the size and would have drenched it in dressing. But it was totally enough and totally tasty! I stayed in ketosis (even had a Mich Ultra...outside seating, beautiful spring evening, nearly full moon...dog with us on the patio, daughter having a great time. It was simply magical!) And I stayed in KETOSIS! Whoo hoo!

A few posts ago---I love the chobani 0% fat or this great Bulgarian yogurt (Organic, 90 calories for a cup and really low carb). I add vanilla extract and a stevia or cinnamon and stevia and love it!

Hope you are all well. Thank you for the great advice. And congrats on the weight losses and other life successes. And thanks to all for sharing struggles. It's generous, and I learn from all of you. Best, Lbeetle

Last edited by lbeetle; 03-19-2011 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: error in text
Old 03-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I have dropped two sizes in underwear. LOL

Rachel-My total body of water is around 70lbs (it goes up and down a little).

I currently weight 137lbs and I still don't feel very comfortable in shorts. And I run about 10-15 miles a week, so my legs have a lot of muscle. My thighs still touch. I don't see that changing that much in 12lbs but we'll see. I can wear bermuda shorts, but nothing shorter than that. I do wear skirts all the time.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I went from 18-20 underwear at lane Bryant to medium at Victoria Secret.....even dropping underwear size is fun!! (and bra size too!).

I don't know why I refused to try Greek yogurt earlier - I always thought I wouldn't like it, despite loving regular yogurt (I think I had 1 every day in acute, the dannon carb control one....yummy, take a few chocolate almonds and crush it up to mix in with it!). Anyway, I am now in love with chobani yogurt! So good!

Ok, so to those of you who read my recap of my encounter at the mall.....ran some errands with DH and the kids today and I bought another pair of Lucky jeans, I love them! I seriously have the flattest bum in the world, and they actually give me a tush! Except today I got them at Marshalls....at a much cheaper price then the first pair!

Made Medi gummies today....so good, I think between the 2 kids and DH the entire batch is just about gone. Guess I will be making them again tomorrow!

Rachel - I'm telling you, other than the berry flavor one (which DH does like) I love them all. Did you have peanut butter creme yet? I think that may be my favorite....that and the chocolate peanut butter one. Try putting them in the freezer, I think they weed even better cold.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Good and Funny Convo today

lbeetle I believe you were referring to my post from earlier I haven't had a chance to try the michelob ultra yet, is it good? If so, I need to add it to my shopping list for tomorrow.
Lins I'm sure you look great in shorts! You are looking fit in your pic! I have some water weight to lose, guess it will "swoosh" with time
Keri You are killing me with your MEDI gummies! I HAVE GOT TO make some ASAP! Yes, I did have the peanut butter and it was delicious. Those are the best supplements I have ever used. I'm having 1 nearly every day or every other day right now. They are great when you are in a hurry! Best of all they are made with whey protein. I'm pretty sure it was one of your previous posts, that discussed how whey protein is better than soy? I'm sure you look HOT in your Lucky Jeans! You will have to post a picture

Congrats to all of the decreased underwear sizes, bra sizes, pants sizes, and the wearing of PLAID shorts, SKORTS, or whatever else suites your SKINNY FANCY.

I'm getting a lot of compliments and remarks about how "slim" I'm beginning to look. I like it, but I find it embarassing a little, LOL. I don't feel right being called "looking skinny". I'm thinking yea right, in like 50 more lbs. But I won't say it aloud, and I will let the compliments keep coming. If they are willing to give, I will take I think the weight loss has happened so fast, that my mind is going to take some time to catch up. I notice a difference in my stomach when I'm staring at it in the mirror and of course my clothes, but not the drastic changes people are telling me Any one else experienced this?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I have dropped two sizes in underwear. LOL

Rachel-My total body of water is around 70lbs (it goes up and down a little).

I currently weight 137lbs and I still don't feel very comfortable in shorts. And I run about 10-15 miles a week, so my legs have a lot of muscle. My thighs still touch. I don't see that changing that much in 12lbs but we'll see. I can wear bermuda shorts, but nothing shorter than that. I do wear skirts all the time.
Hi Lins,
From what I remember 137 was your original goal, you met it then eventually gained up to 148, now in 3 wks on acute met your goal again!!!! And headed to a new goal of 125. Am I correct? That's awesome!! I'm surrounded constantly by papers for grad school, meetings for the workup for the papers, and commitments to the school of nursing right now all in this graduate school class....I'm finishing week 3 of this course and have had such a difficult time trying to plan foods, let alone take any time for myself. So, reading your success gives me hope that I can get this weight back off again. I'd been down to 148 just before this class started, now I'm up about 6beyond that!! It feels so yucky and I see the cellulite in all the places I worked so hard to get it off last Spring. PLUS I no longer have those clothes....so I'm squeezing into my size 8 pants now and seeing the muffin top reappear. Please, others reading this post, let me be a lesson to you of why it's a good idea to get rid of your clothes after you go from the bigger size to the smaller size. I look at my closet now which is FULL of medium and large tops, and size 6 and 8 jeans and pants, and know that there are only a couple of clothes that really fit right now. It's time to get back into my smaller clothes that I was fitting in to September thru January!!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Susie,
How is your recovery so far, my friend? Have you learned any creative ways to get EVERYTHING done with your nondominant hand? Is the pain better now?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Deb - if anyone can do it, you can! You were always such a huge inspiration to me as I travelled through the acute phase, now is the time for you to remember the best way to take care ofeverything else is if you first take care of yourself. I know you didn't like walking/jogging when the weather turned cold, do you think you"ll be able to squeeze a little bit in now that the weather is warming up? Good luck Deb, we're here cheering you on!!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Looks like everyone's been having a good day! Hooray us!

Was a gorgeous day here in Charlotte, and I just had this happy euphoric feeling all day! My clothes fit better, I feel better! I don't feel bloated and uncomfortable anymore! I even noticed that my bra strap across my back doesn't roll up in a uncomfortable twist now! And this is with only having lost 13 pounds! I can't wait to see comes next! Rachel, I feel you on the shorts and have refused to buy bigger shorts--I've maintained the mindset that people "my" size shouldn't be wearing shorts, and I'm excited at the prospect of fitting into my old shorts because that will me I'm no longer THAT size!!! Can't wait!!

I got frustrated last night with my inability to workout due to my ankles and strapped on my braces and tied my shoes tight and did 30 day shred--I didn't go crazy with the jumping but I am so glad I did it, made me feel fabulous!!

sure hope this great feeling continues, I am loving it!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygal7 View Post

WOW..thanks for sharing that website...her recipes look delicious!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Mary T8M- I have a question for you...can magnesium make you feel nauseous? I found when I took it in the evening with dinner I was feeling sick. At first I thought it was the fact that I finally had a vegetable, but then realized it might be the magnesium.

It was a good weekend- I actually did my first mile quicker!!! Which is something I have been waiting for for awhile, although I am finding that this diet doesn't really sustain you for endurance, perhaps when I add more carbs that will come.

I think my body has adjusted, already, to this diet. I won't know for sure till I weigh myself on the Tanita, but I feel as if I haven't lost at all this week while still being in Ketosis....hmmmm... maybe I need to plan a cheat? Although there was a day I purposely ate more calories (think I made it up to 900). Any suggestions?
I'll let you all know the loss, or not, in a few hours. (fingers crossed)
Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #501
Senior LCF Member

okay so I decided to try making today a cheat day. I upped my calories considerably and took in more than 25 carbs so I am sure to be out of ketosis tomorrow and a few days after. Starting tomorrow I am jumping back on and then I will weight myself..hmmm.maybe Wed/THurs and see where things are at.

When I got on the Tanita when I came home it didn't change from 11 lbs lost- but I gained muscle which isn't surprising since I did an intensive hot yoga class on Friday. We'll see if the cheat day works..might be the thing I will have to incorporate- which I kinda of thought I would need to do given my adaptable body. I could tell that I was getting used to the low carb and low calories.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #502
Junior LCF Member

cheat days?

Are there guidelines for cheat days? How many calories should we add? Are there better or worse foods that should be included in a "cheat day"?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
Mary T8M- I have a question for you...can magnesium make you feel nauseous? I found when I took it in the evening with dinner I was feeling sick. At first I thought it was the fact that I finally had a vegetable, but then realized it might be the magnesium.

It was a good weekend- I actually did my first mile quicker!!! Which is something I have been waiting for for awhile, although I am finding that this diet doesn't really sustain you for endurance, perhaps when I add more carbs that will come.

I think my body has adjusted, already, to this diet. I won't know for sure till I weigh myself on the Tanita, but I feel as if I haven't lost at all this week while still being in Ketosis....hmmmm... maybe I need to plan a cheat? Although there was a day I purposely ate more calories (think I made it up to 900). Any suggestions?
I'll let you all know the loss, or not, in a few hours. (fingers crossed)
ALL things are possible! As with any supplement you're supposed to drink a full glass of water with it. I'd try it again and see your reaction....you might want to break up the dose, so you take a smaller amount 2 or 3 times a day, and see if that works better.

We did a planned cheat today as well. I don't think my protein calories were as high as I wanted, but I did increase my carbs. Some were just plain old bad carbs, but most were from 2 VERY small apples, as well as from more "allowed" veggies. I was having a craving for something sweet, but after 2 bites that was it............sure surprised me!

We went to sell stuff at a local flea market today and actually did pretty well. I think I'm using my part of the haul to buy a new scale. I've been researching the Tanita Ironman that you (I think) recommended. Did you buiy if from the Tanita site or from Amazon or Overstock?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi Lins,
From what I remember 137 was your original goal, you met it then eventually gained up to 148, now in 3 wks on acute met your goal again!!!! And headed to a new goal of 125. Am I correct? That's awesome!! I'm surrounded constantly by papers for grad school, meetings for the workup for the papers, and commitments to the school of nursing right now all in this graduate school class....I'm finishing week 3 of this course and have had such a difficult time trying to plan foods, let alone take any time for myself. So, reading your success gives me hope that I can get this weight back off again. I'd been down to 148 just before this class started, now I'm up about 6beyond that!! It feels so yucky and I see the cellulite in all the places I worked so hard to get it off last Spring. PLUS I no longer have those clothes....so I'm squeezing into my size 8 pants now and seeing the muffin top reappear. Please, others reading this post, let me be a lesson to you of why it's a good idea to get rid of your clothes after you go from the bigger size to the smaller size. I look at my closet now which is FULL of medium and large tops, and size 6 and 8 jeans and pants, and know that there are only a couple of clothes that really fit right now. It's time to get back into my smaller clothes that I was fitting in to September thru January!!
Gee I missed "seeing" you! Don't you go beating yourself up now.....that only causes MORE stress, and you sure don't need that right now! Once it warms up and really turns into spring in Kansas you'll be getting out more and the extra weight will drop off!

I'm trying to convince Bill he needs to vary his daily workout more. I'm a firm believer that your body adjusts to food/exercise very quickly. I backed off on my exercise for most of this past week, ate more carbs today, and will go back to week 1, and hit the aerobic exercise harder again tomorrow, in a hope of dropping another pound or two!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

OK, now PLEASE don't shoot the messenger......ME, but before you all start spending a bunch of money on peanut flour and such, to make all kinds of low carb sweets, and breads, PLEASE talk to your clinic, and give them the new website/recipes, and ask them to check it out. I know when I shared a couple of recipes with my clinic they "encouraged" me to wait before making them (they said the same about the brownies on the Medi site), because I was still early on in the acute phase, and they wanted me to "detox" (not really the word they used) from not only the actual carbs, but also from the "taste" of some of these foods. They wanted us to wait until at least closer to maintenance before using those recipes. I've also found that not all clinics allow net carbs. Mine really wanted us to follow the KISS principle...Keep It Simple Sweetie! The fewer "frankenfoods" the better. They wanted us to mainly eat real unprocessed foods.....of course they DID sell the Medi products!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit View Post
Are there guidelines for cheat days? How many calories should we add? Are there better or worse foods that should be included in a "cheat day"?
PLEASE talk to your clinic about this.....we don't want to steer you wrong
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
ALL things are possible! As with any supplement you're supposed to drink a full glass of water with it. I'd try it again and see your reaction....you might want to break up the dose, so you take a smaller amount 2 or 3 times a day, and see if that works better.

We did a planned cheat today as well. I don't think my protein calories were as high as I wanted, but I did increase my carbs. Some were just plain old bad carbs, but most were from 2 VERY small apples, as well as from more "allowed" veggies. I was having a craving for something sweet, but after 2 bites that was it............sure surprised me!

We went to sell stuff at a local flea market today and actually did pretty well. I think I'm using my part of the haul to buy a new scale. I've been researching the Tanita Ironman that you (I think) recommended. Did you buiy if from the Tanita site or from Amazon or Overstock?
HI Mary,

Thanks for your suggestions. I was taking just 200mg of the Magnesium, but maybe I don't need to take it each day- I will try every other day.
Oh my cheat was food that isn't on the diet. It wasn't bad food, just stuff that I shouldn't have. Kind of a good way to get some of that out of my fridge too

I had:
2 Morningstar Farms Italian Chik Patty (vegetarian)
Nature's Path organic Peanut butter choco bar
Fage 0% yogurt
No sugar added peaches
1 cup Kashi Good friends cereal
2 squares dark chocolate (YUMMIE)

and all I can say is that was more calories than my tummy was used to and I just hope I didn't screw things up.
Tomorrow it is back to 500 calories of Protein...then slowly, maybe towards the end of the week I will add some veggies.
So strange to think that eating 1400 calories is now too much for me....

Mary- the Tanita I bought through Amazon. It was cheaper there with the shipping. The scale is great- shows water, muscle etc.... I highly recommend it.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. It's ended entirely too fast for me
Keri I tried the Oh Yea bar and Oh Yea it was good, chocolate peanut butter. Only 8 carbs can't beat that.
To those of you in maintenance, I'm wondering how high your carb intake goes up. I'm also wondering if your carb count stays 40 or less during acute phase. I'm not day dreaming of eating french fries or anything Honestly, I'm just curious...
Finally got my unflavored Gelatin today. Hubby will be out of town tues-friday. So that means I will have some time to do what I want to do and experiment with these medi gummies
Trish aren't you back yet???
Old 03-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Mary T8M;14489058]Gee I missed "seeing" you! Don't you go beating yourself up now.....that only causes MORE stress, and you sure don't need that right now! Once it warms up and really turns into spring in Kansas you'll be getting out more and the extra weight will drop off!

QUOTE]

Thank you Mary! It was 82 beautiful (but windy) degrees today here in KS...and I only got to enjoy it during two 10 minute breaks on the upper deck overlooking the yard and the city lake beyond. Grad school it just gets in the way of my freedom....just 1 1/2 months more to go, for now. I saw so many people walking and jogging around the lake. That'll be me a couple times next week since we'll be on Spring break from the teaching job....grad school and my other job continues on irregardless. But you are right, I don't need to beat myself up. I can just tell my clothes are getting tight and I want to be sleek and lean again!! I'm so thankful for my "buds" in this LCF site!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
[QUOTE=Swirveegrl;14489258]I hope everyone has had a great weekend. It's ended entirely too fast for me
QUOTE]

Rachel,
Exactly! It went by way too quickly. It was our 23rd anniversary, and my birthday, and because of my hubby's strep throat the weekend before we had a St. Paddy's party on Thursday. Oh, and if you haven't and get the chance -- go see Wicked!!! It was incredible! But the best part about the weekend was a toss up between finally getting to wear my wedding ring again (I had knocked the diamond out a year and a half ago and it took two days of ice to get the setting off my fat sausage of a finger! I knew if was finally going to fit, so we had it fixed!) AND going shopping an fitting into and buying size 6's. Miracles do happen. Medi makes them happen!

Let's all just glide into the week knowing that it will be just as great as the weekend!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Closed Thread