Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Another Successful weigh in! How motivating?!?! I can't believe the 180's are just around the corner!!!!My clothes are all getting way too lose. I hate the idea of buying more clothes, because I have a ways to reach my goal. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bayside Gal I would suggest experimenting with recipes as well as adding some supplements. I highly recommend the power crunch bars, they are tasty and an excellent protein source. Why not use that to substitute your breakfast. They are higher in calories (200 cals), so that would help you increase your protein calories as well. Are you using low carb yogurt? It's an excellent source of protein and would give you more variety. You should be allowed up to 3 dairy servings a day, why not use the yourts for a couple? I find the myoplex carbcontrol excellent protein sources on the go. I can't remember if you are using the appetite supressant of not? If so, maybe you are taking way too much of it? How about reducing your dose? I'm very happy you are following your doctors recommendations, and decreased your B/P meds that's great progress! Make sure you are drinking adequate electrolytes, and using your daily fat serving. I'm not recommending this for everyone, however; I have a very active work day as a nurse. I am on my feet ALL DAY LONG. 100 cals of fat doesn't cut it for me. I'm usually using about 150cals, around a 1 oz serving of peanuts. Maybe experiment and see if it helps with your symptoms?
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter?
You are doing awesome!!! Im just behind you a few weeks, I hope to have your same success!!

It's a bad week for me, nauseous, light-headed, bored with the food. So I need to work on this. And I just caught on my journaling for the week and im not actually getting 500 calories a day so DUH TRISH.

Im gonna break open my boxes of power crunch bars. To help me with the calorie issue. Anyway, like how i turned this into something about me?

Congrats! You are rocking this!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Congrats!!!!! Rachel

I had the same problem with clothes....

I learned to love Walmart....the sales racks often have clothes at a much cheaper price (I've bought jeans and shirts for $5-$7 each!!!)
Another thought...do you have a Goodwill store near you??? They also have clothes at a reduced price!! Quality second-hand items are available at most of them.

Uniform City often have uniforms at a cheaper price than most other uniform stores! Uniform City - Famous Brand Scrubs at Discount Prices.

I hope this helps.

cindy
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Journaling

I have a link posted under my profile for my food journal. It is public, feel free to view it. I'm not perfect somedays I'm over or under. Maybe it will help to give some ideas? We are all different, what works for 1 may not work for all, but experimenting may help you find what your body needs?

THANKS Cindy. I think I will have to check out those places, honestly I've never shopped their for clothes. Those suggestions sound like great economical options, to help me along the way to my goal.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-17-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Hey--Taking the kids to see Mars Needs Moms and need a good snack choice so I can skip the popcorn. Any ideas???

Scratch that... Not going today (just read the reviews), but I could still use the ideas!!!!
I will 2nd that recommendation for the Medi gummies.....they are the perfect snack to bring places like the movies (this past spring I actually chaperoned a trip to the movies and brought that as my snack, I was fairly new to Medi and wasn't quite sure about my will power!).

Ok....so I got hit on today at the mall!! I had gone to the mall with my 2 yr old and almost 80 yr old grandmother. I sat them at a table while I went to go get a coffee, in line a guy asks me if that was my daughter, I said yes, he then tells me she's beautiful....I thank him and he says that there's no need to thank him, she should thank me since it's obvious who she gets her good looks from, then tells me her father must be one lucky guy. I know my face must have turned completely red....it's been a long time since some guy flirted with me (especially since DH and I have been together since high school!) Let's just say it totally made my day (and made these Lucky Brand jeans that I bought last week well worth their price!!!).

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I will 2nd that recommendation for the Medi gummies.....they are the perfect snack to bring places like the movies (this past spring I actually chaperoned a trip to the movies and brought that as my snack, I was fairly new to Medi and wasn't quite sure about my will power!).

Ok....so I got hit on today at the mall!! I had gone to the mall with my 2 yr old and almost 80 yr old grandmother. I sat them at a table while I went to go get a coffee, in line a guy asks me if that was my daughter, I said yes, he then tells me she's beautiful....I thank him and he says that there's no need to thank him, she should thank me since it's obvious who she gets her good looks from, then tells me her father must be one lucky guy. I know my face must have turned completely red....it's been a long time since some guy flirted with me (especially since DH and I have been together since high school!) Let's just say it totally made my day (and made these Lucky Brand jeans that I bought last week well worth their price!!!).

Love this!!!!!! This is exactly what it's all about. Feeling so much better about ourselves! I'm going to try the Medi gummies too!!! What great news on this board today! Lots of success stories and good advice for those struggling!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

LOL HOW cool......just reading it made me smile, and made my day too!

I also LOVE the Gummies! Be sure to make a BIG batch they won't last long!

I'm just waiting for the corned beef, and cabbage (good Irish girl here ) to be ready. We had invited friends over for dinner, but they bailed on us because she is sick I already had fixed potatoes and carrots along with the corned beef, cabbage and rutabagas for us. I'll package all the potatoes, and carrots along with some of the beef and cabbage and ask DH to take it to them......I'm not entirely sad that they won't be here though....they were bringing homemade soda bread, and Guinness, so at least I won't have that temptation! See I can make something positive out of almost any situation!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-17-2011 at 03:43 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Rachel- That's AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

Keri- great story! You deserve to feel good and noticed by others

Trish- Sorry you are feeling crappy- it will get better, hang in there.

So today was a glorious day, I was able to RUN OUTSIDE!!!! It was beautiful- I did 5.5 miles. And....as if that wasn't good enough...I ATE SPINACH...yes spinach folks, for dinner!!! So happy to put something green back in my life. I love veggies and really could just sit down to an entire plate of them, so I was happy to add them to my Thin N Trim Buffalo Chicken Sausages. YUMMIE I just hope it doesn't knock me out of ketosis.

Can I have those gummie bears after the first week? Also what about yogurt after the first week?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

okay so at the moment I can't keep Oopsie rolls in my house...because... Oopsie I ate them all!

Granted, Oopsie again, I made them wrong and it didn't yield close to what was stated. (can you tell I am loving the name of these rolls?) Mine were flat and I put them in the fridge. Delicious, but something I can only have as a treat

Today, if my online diet journal is correct..I had 700 calories. I am freaking out a bit, even though I ran 5.5 miles. This is really strange you know...eating 700 is normally thought of as "unhealthly" and here we are barely breaking 500-600. I am not going to punish myself over this. I'll just be better tomorrow. (sigh)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
okay so at the moment I can't keep Oopsie rolls in my house...because... Oopsie I ate them all!

Granted, Oopsie again, I made them wrong and it didn't yield close to what was stated. (can you tell I am loving the name of these rolls?) Mine were flat and I put them in the fridge. Delicious, but something I can only have as a treat

Today, if my online diet journal is correct..I had 700 calories. I am freaking out a bit, even though I ran 5.5 miles. This is really strange you know...eating 700 is normally thought of as "unhealthly" and here we are barely breaking 500-600. I am not going to punish myself over this. I'll just be better tomorrow. (sigh)
Kristine, 700 calories is good for today if you ran. Don't beat yourself up over it. We have to eat on the high end on our active days! I also love the Oopsie rolls. Don't worry about them being flat. You can treat them like a tortilla and make a wrap with them. I have found that i like to experiment and use different pans, etc to make them. I used a loaf pan and made the best hoagie roll for meatballs! Also, you can pour the batter into a jelly roll pan and then slice them into even slices, wrap around a rolling bin to cool, and you have hot dog buns!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Had my WI today! Lost 2.5 pounds of FAT!!! Although my weight stayed the same, darn water..... One week, the water is up, the next down, the next up....Oh well, I am happy about the FAT! That is what I want gone anyway!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Thanks KB...yeah I really didn't mind how mine came out...like dollar sized pancakes.

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Last edited by Kristine29; 03-17-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Kristine-I was told to eat 800 calories on days that I run for more than 30 minues. I've done this the whole time, and I've still lost weight.

I had a great day today also. I went to the beach with my girls and my parents (hubby was working). I took a Protein Bar with me, and packed snacks for the girls that were not tempting to me. And it was great. I wasn't tempted to eat anything else (even thought my mom brought chips with her), and I stayed right at my 500 calories for the day. This is huge because normally when we go to the beach I just snack all day. Plus I got TONS of water in today because it was hot.

I got for weigh-in tomorrow morning and I am looking forward to it.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #463
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristalfab
Stats: 201/160/150
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 11, 2011
I go in for my weigh in tomorrow. I am in Week 1. So my menu options will expand. I've already copied the shopping list from page 1. I've also noticed a lot of you linking food from Netrition.com. Okay - here's my question...

What are the MUST HAVES from Netrition.com?
What are the MUST HAVES from MWL?

I need the variety, so any thing you can suggest, to help make this process easier, the better. I prefer to eat the regular, fresh food. But like some of you say, you go to a movie and you don't want to be tempted by the popcorn, so you take _____ instead.

What are good protein bars to buy, to pack in my bag as I'm out and about? I noticed that Atkins has lots of bars at the grocery store. Are any of them good?

I'm so ready for a salad, I can almost die! I am a regular salad eater normally, so for me to not have a salad for a week has been very painful!

Thanks for all the help. You all are the best!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

That's the best Non-scale victory, good for you, Keri!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #465
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amylu
Stats: 252.8/241.4/<200
Start Date: 03/13/2011
Hello everyone!!! I'm on day 5 of week 1. So far its going well. I have a few questions. I met with my doctor on day 3 for my follow-up visit. I told him that I felt horrible the day before. He immediately told me to skip to the week 2 plan and incorporate some fruits, nuts, and vegetables. Has anyone else had this suggested to them. I am in ketosis, but don't want to sabotage my week 1.

Also, what is the limit on almonds and peanut butter in a day/week?

Thanks!!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #466
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristalfab View Post
I go in for my weigh in tomorrow. I am in Week 1. So my menu options will expand. I've already copied the shopping list from page 1. I've also noticed a lot of you linking food from Netrition.com. Okay - here's my question...

What are the MUST HAVES from Netrition.com?
What are the MUST HAVES from MWL?

I need the variety, so any thing you can suggest, to help make this process easier, the better. I prefer to eat the regular, fresh food. But like some of you say, you go to a movie and you don't want to be tempted by the popcorn, so you take _____ instead.

What are good protein bars to buy, to pack in my bag as I'm out and about? I noticed that Atkins has lots of bars at the grocery store. Are any of them good?

I'm so ready for a salad, I can almost die! I am a regular salad eater normally, so for me to not have a salad for a week has been very painful!

Thanks for all the help. You all are the best!

Congrats for getting thru week 1!

check out the threads there is one called "Products: Good and Bad" also, just a page or two back there was talks about bars/shakes. Also, check out the recipes threads, as that can give you ideas to improvise with! (sorry if you already did, but just thought I would get you started...)
I am going to try the PowerCrunch next shopping trip. I am also on the lookout for a good protein shake "readymade" for on the go.

Congrats to everyone on having a great day! It was beautiful here, I was glad to be able to enjoy outside, if only for a moment. "in the office all day"
Mini Goal #1: Onderland!!
Mini Goal #2: Out of plus-size section of clothing store.

-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #467
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
I'm not recommending this for everyone, however; I have a very active work day as a nurse. I am on my feet ALL DAY LONG. 100 cals of fat doesn't cut it for me. I'm usually using about 150cals, around a 1 oz serving of peanuts. Maybe experiment and see if it helps with your symptoms?

Congrats Tricia!
Was the 100 cal of fat told by your clinic? as I had posted earlier, my clinic didnt give me a number....
i have not had yogurt yet, as I cannt eat plain, I need the "fruit at the bottom" type...
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I make pancakes all the time with the following recipe:

1 scoop protein powder (I use Medi vanilla), 1 T DaVinci Syrup or Walden Farms Caramel Syrup, 1/4 cup egg whites, artificial sweetner, cinnamon, add some unsweetened vanilla almond milk , let it stand to thicken. They are great!

OH -- My sweet hubby made the medi brownies for my birthday "cake"! LOL He could have saved the time and effort and just given me the Baker's unsweetened chocolate as is! But it's the thought that counts!

Hope your St. Paddy's Day was great!
~Roni
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #469
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hi, all! Congrats on all the weight loss this week, victories at the mall! Fun!

I'm still not done with my blasted report, but I have made progress on my "food in, words out" problem---a big one, as that's been the source of my weight gain for a decade! Lots of herbal tea, more walks as a break, crunchy celery and chicken w " nayonaise"---that is a great product, btw! Mostly, though, trying to learn to manage the
anxiety around work with healthy habits-- mind and body.

Lost 2.5 lbs at weigh-in yesterday, for a total of 15.5 in 3 weeks, mostly fat loss!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
i have not had yogurt yet, as I cannt eat plain, I need the "fruit at the bottom" type...
I was the same way, but i found that adding a packet of sweetner to plain yogurt and mixing in diced fresh fruit was just as good. Give it a whirl, you might like it after all

Also, i tried mixing in the walden farms fruit spread and that is pretty yum too!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
Hi, all! Congrats on all the weight loss this week, victories at the mall! Fun!

I'm still not done with my blasted report, but I have made progress on my "food in, words out" problem---a big one, as that's been the source of my weight gain for a decade! Lots of herbal tea, more walks as a break, crunchy celery and chicken w " nayonaise"---that is a great product, btw! Mostly, though, trying to learn to manage the
anxiety around work with healthy habits-- mind and body.

Lost 2.5 lbs at weigh-in yesterday, for a total of 15.5 in 3 weeks, mostly fat loss!
Congrats on the weightloss!! You are doing fantastic!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Another Successful weigh in! How motivating?!?! I can't believe the 180's are just around the corner!!!!My clothes are all getting way too lose. I hate the idea of buying more clothes, because I have a ways to reach my goal. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bayside Gal I would suggest experimenting with recipes as well as adding some supplements. I highly recommend the power crunch bars, they are tasty and an excellent protein source (available online, Trader Joe's, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC). Why not use that to substitute your breakfast. They are higher in calories (200 cals), so that would help you increase your protein calories as well. Are you using low carb yogurt? It's an excellent source of protein and would give you more variety. You should be allowed up to 3 dairy servings a day, why not use the yourts for a couple? I find the myoplex carbcontrol excellent protein sources on the go. I will also recommend GIANT brand salads. Do you have Martin's in your area? They have prepackaged single serving salads like caesar, cobb, chef. I love them because they have the nutrition information on the bottom, and make a very easy lunch or dinner and are a GREAT protein source. How about unsweetend almond milk? It also counts as a protein source, and can be used in protein shakes or on it's own. I think variety will really help you get adequate protein calories, as well as feel better. I can't remember if you are using the appetite supressant or not? If so, maybe you are taking way too much of it? How about reducing your dose? I'm very happy you are following your doctors recommendations, and decreased your B/P meds that's great progress! Make sure you are drinking adequate electrolytes, and using your daily fat serving. I'm not recommending this for everyone, however; I have a very active work day as a nurse. I am on my feet ALL DAY LONG. 100 cals of fat doesn't cut it for me. I'm usually using about 150cals, around a 1 oz serving of peanuts. Maybe experiment and see if it helps with your symptoms?

FYI: I was advised by my clinic, on the days that I have a protein bar like the MEDI bar or other, not to have a fruit.
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter?
Rachel, thanks for all the advise. I will buy the power crunch bars. My clinic said that they will probably have to increase my protein calories.. In the meantime, everyone is monitoring my BP. I just wish I didn't feel so sick all the time. We have ruled out any viruses. Hopefully, adding the protein will work. I love salads, but my clinic still won't let me have more than 2 cups a day.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Hello to all, and nice to see all the newbies! I've been MIA for a while. My uncle passed and I've been helping out my mother who is having a difficult time with it.

The GREAT NEWS is... I HIT MY GOAL!!!! I may have been out of touch with you guys - but I stayed on plan. Monday when I weigh in they'll "officially" see I'm at goal. It will be interesting to see what changes happen now.

I'll get caught up on posts soon - it's good to be back among my support team!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to everyone who has lost this week.

I went to weigh in today and was down -2lbs. So I am at 137lbs. -5lbs away from my lowest, and -12lbs away from my new goal! I can't wait to hit it.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Down four more pounds today at weigh in. It was for two weeks, but I'll take it. Woohoo! Decided to stay at my current center for the time being. It's a longer ride, but feel like I've gotten into a good routine with them.

Now if only I could just learn to step away from the cashews. They have been calling my name all day...

Barb
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #476
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Great job on the amazing weight loss this week everyone!
Rachel you are doing fantastic! Reading your posts really helps with my motivation and has helped answered a lot of my questions.
And lbeetle your weight loss is great! I can't believe how well everyone is doing.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a low carb late night snack. The past few days I have been coming up short about 100 calories but I'm not sure what I can use to get the calories in without many carbs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help and keep up the great work guys
Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

my favorite snacks: string cheese, laughing cow cheese wedge (sometimes on a celery stick for crunch), beef jerky (although I only do this on days that I drank all my water), hmm I'm drawing a blank right now. I'll get back with you.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post

Congrats Tricia!
Was the 100 cal of fat told by your clinic? as I had posted earlier, my clinic didnt give me a number....

I only use PLAIN Greek yogurt. I also couldn't eat it without "doctoring" it. I use Splenda, different DaVinci syrups (I like blueberry with a few fresh blueberries, or strawberry with a couple sliced fresh strawberries) I also sprinkle SF jell-o powder, and mix well (I like peach with a few fresh blueberries) I also use SF pudding, or some Crystal Light........lots of things to make it taste sweeter!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa17 View Post
Great job on the amazing weight loss this week everyone!
Rachel you are doing fantastic! Reading your posts really helps with my motivation and has helped answered a lot of my questions.
And lbeetle your weight loss is great! I can't believe how well everyone is doing.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a low carb late night snack. The past few days I have been coming up short about 100 calories but I'm not sure what I can use to get the calories in without many carbs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help and keep up the great work guys
I like to have a Dannon Strawberry Carb Control yogurt. It is 50 calories. Also, not sure if you like cottage cheese but that works well too. I also like to stuff celery with laughing cow cheese - if you want something with a crunch to it!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa17 View Post
I really like hard boiled eggs. Plain or made into deviled eggs, or egg salad. Pork rinds, 4 pieces of sliced turkey, turkey pepperoni slices, cottage cheese with splenda, and cinnamon, greek yogurt with flavorings.

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-18-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Closed Thread