Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Down 2.2 more pounds, am now at an even 200. I so wanted to break into the 100's. 1.4 of that was fat, so I guess I am doing pretty good.
Yay!!! This is great!!!! 13 pounds if fantastic!!! It's so hard to get started but you've done it and been successful!!! WoooHOOOOOOO!!! New summer wardrobe here we come!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine29 View Post
ChocolateFan- thanks for the praises! I actually started the diet earlier, but found out I messed up the first week, so I went back and did it over a gain. I am happy with my 9lbs of fat loss

You can become a runner- heck if I can do it I believe anyone can. Walking is the first step, then try speed walking..pump those arms, or you can try running to certain points along your walk then gradually increase the distance.
There's a great site for those who are interested in running and beginning to run, Cool Running it has a great thread for beginning runners, overweight runners (200lb beginning runners) and also tons of information on races in your area. There is also a program called "Couch 2 5K) that can get you on your way to running. I have heard some other people mention that they wished they ran.

I started walking, speed walking a half marathon for Team and Training, and now this past summer I began running 5K's and 5 mile races. IT IS POSSIBLE...just like this weight loss!

I know it is muscle fatigue that I am having while running due to lack of carbs. Maybe I should eat a bar or something before.

ChefTrish- oh how I wish to be someplace warm too! Have an awesome time.
This is great info on running! Do you know where I could get a REALLY GOOD jogging bra?? I find that even the best sports bra can't always contain "the girls" and I end up bouncing all over the place! And it's very hard to find one that is DDD--which is what I am...
Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Jeanie - I actually had to stop taking the fat burner pills about 2 months into acute. I always noticed I had a queasy stomach....it almost felt like that nauseus-nervous type of stomach. After experimenting with skipping various supplements I discovered it was the fat burner - no matter the time of day, with or without food. I don't know what other supplements you take, but you could try "skipping" one for a day or two and see if the feeling goes away. Try recording in your journal days/time that the feeling is there for you - you might see a pattern that way too. Hope that helps!

Irina - I take 500 mg of magnesium with breakfast in the morning, and it still works great! I had tried stool softeners and laxative type things before Mary telling us about the magnesium, and it definitely helps the most. All of the other remedies seemed to stop working at whatever dose I was taking and I was not interested in raising my dose from here on out. So far so good with the magnesium!
Keri, thanks for the advice. I won't take them tomorrow and see if it helps.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
9 pounds! thats fantastic!!!

As far as the working out goes, my clinic told me to have a small snack of fruit + protein 30 minutes before working out and then another 100 calories of something after. Examples that were given to me were:

1/2 apple + 1 tbsp peanut butter
Protein shake made with 5-6 strawberries
12 almonds with 1 tbsp raisins (tiny snack box)
100 calories of cheese with 10 grapes

this is in ADDITION TO your normal caloric intake of 500-700 cals of protein. Also, they recommend substituting some of your water on workout days for powerade zero.

Hope this helps!
Wow, each clinic is really different. Mine said that we should not drink anything with "ade" in the name LOL.

Congratulations everyone on your losses..you are all doing great!

Oh Trish, bring back some warm weather for us LOL
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mccosby
Stats: 218/146/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
This is great info on running! Do you know where I could get a REALLY GOOD jogging bra?? I find that even the best sports bra can't always contain "the girls" and I end up bouncing all over the place! And it's very hard to find one that is DDD--which is what I am...
Yes, I do have a recommendation for you. Enell makes a great sports bra for larger busts. The easiest way to find it is that it is called the "last resort" sports bra on the title nine website. It promises no more bouncing and it delivers! I am a 34DDD and it is the best.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Having a hard couple of days. Yesterday I took a protein shake with me in the car on the way to church and took the first drink and realized it was OLD, then noticed the experitation date was past due. YUCK!! It made me sick to my stomach for awhile. But then I was STARVING. I stayed away from the donuts at church, but man was it hard. Then all day yesterday and today I have just wanted bad stuff. I haven't given in, but I have gone over on calories (by no more than 100), because of it. I just hate that out of control feeling. None of my usually tricks seem to be working. Add in Spring Break for my kids, and not running (I go to the doctor in the A.M. to hopefully get the go ahead again), and it's just not been a good few days. I am going to be totally nervous for weight-in on Friday.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Imandiya
Stats: 5'2" 189.2/179.4/135-140
Start Date: 3/12/11
Hello Ladies

I am on day 3 of week 1. I went to the clinic on Fri and "officially" started medi on Sat. Overall I made it through the weekend with only a slight headache. I was doing the points plus for about a month only to have lost 5lbs and that is with exercise 6dys/wk!!!! So I was REALLY pissed and felt I needed something more stringent and I felt a need to be accountable so I am looking forward to the weekly weigh ins. You all are so nice and helpful to one another. Krystyn29 I think it was you mentioned about having cheese, I just ate a WW string cheese (I thought that was ok as it's protein) if I'm not to eat it I will not eat ANYMORE of it this week. At my clinic in Charlotte, NC the PA said that I can exercise I just needed to eat an addl 100 cal of protein 20 min before I workout. Yesterday I walked outside 3 miles and today I did 55 min of my zumba dvd, The thing is I have always been the type to easily follow the diet plan, my problem is the minute I STOP any activity I put it right back on so I am trying to really keep activity incorpaorated in my daily routine I only hope to lose even 6lbs this forst week. My weigh in is on Fri, you all are rocking it!!!!!!!! Keep it up
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Having a hard couple of days. Yesterday I took a protein shake with me in the car on the way to church and took the first drink and realized it was OLD, then noticed the experitation date was past due. YUCK!! It made me sick to my stomach for awhile. But then I was STARVING. I stayed away from the donuts at church, but man was it hard. Then all day yesterday and today I have just wanted bad stuff. I haven't given in, but I have gone over on calories (by no more than 100), because of it. I just hate that out of control feeling. None of my usually tricks seem to be working. Add in Spring Break for my kids, and not running (I go to the doctor in the A.M. to hopefully get the go ahead again), and it's just not been a good few days. I am going to be totally nervous for weight-in on Friday.
I think it's something in the air... I struggled a LOT with horrible cravings this past week as well. I was sick the week before and really had a hard time. Usually, when I'm sick, I pop a nice big bowl of popcorn with tons of salt! It feels great on my throat. Not this time, and it was horrible not to have my "go to" sick remedy! Then, like I said, last night was the first night I really KNEW deep down that if I had access to some caramel corn or a good cookie that I might have eaten it. The only thing that saved me was I didn't have any bad food in the house. And my husband was there to offer support! I did go over my calories (at way too many nuts for two days in a row!), and I was really nervous this morning to go for my weigh-in too. My kids are also on Spring Break and it's hard not to go for ice cream treats or just have fun with food. But the cravings were just OVER THE TOP yesterday. I mentioned it to my clinic this morning and they said that I probably needed to take more Fat Burner (I only pop one of those a day), and I also missed my B shots because I was sick, so maybe that had me in craving overdrive. Today is better, and I got the chocolate bars from the clinic and the diet hot cocoa to tide me over. They seem to work!

If you usually run and aren't able to, I'll bet that's the culprit. I find that even when I take a walk, the cravings aren't as bad. Great that you can get back going soon! Your weigh-in will be fine! 100 calories over on this plan is STILL not much food! Hang in there!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #369
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Hi Everyone, This is hard to type....its been a long tough week, as I have read from others as well. I had to travel for work and was gone for 3 days, eating at restaurants and the hotel. Alot of "working" dinners. I was not prepared yet. I stuck with the meat and vegetables for the most part, but only to find out that it was still over in calories. But I am proud in the fact that I didnt eat any breads that came with the catered lunches sandwiches, or any soda(pop). I did however take a handful of fries/cheese (Philly Fries/Cheese) and one small toasting margarita (airport size). As I was on the plane, I felt so sick of disappointment (and a slight buzz from 1 drink!!!), it totally ruined my weekend. I was in a sucky mood, and on top of that, I was out of Ketosis. My weigh-in is tomorrow, but I am not expecting much of anything. The accountability is the hardest part, as I say to myself, "is it worth the $70 to show that I messed up already in week3!!! I did a a 3 days of week 1, but still not in Ketosis.

Everyone is really nice at my clinic, a little rushed, but I dont really see the support. If it wasnt for this site, I would feel alone in the world of Medi... I wish they offered some sort of classes or group activities (that are optional for those who cant or dont like). The handouts are ok, but I think interaction with others is even better....
Sorry for the rambling, its been awhile. Congrats to everyone on their losses this week, and other non-scale victories!!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
Hi Everyone, This is hard to type....its been a long tough week, as I have read from others as well. I had to travel for work and was gone for 3 days, eating at restaurants and the hotel. Alot of "working" dinners. I was not prepared yet. I stuck with the meat and vegetables for the most part, but only to find out that it was still over in calories. But I am proud in the fact that I didnt eat any breads that came with the catered lunches sandwiches, or any soda(pop). I did however take a handful of fries/cheese (Philly Fries/Cheese) and one small toasting margarita (airport size). As I was on the plane, I felt so sick of disappointment (and a slight buzz from 1 drink!!!), it totally ruined my weekend. I was in a sucky mood, and on top of that, I was out of Ketosis. My weigh-in is tomorrow, but I am not expecting much of anything. The accountability is the hardest part, as I say to myself, "is it worth the $70 to show that I messed up already in week3!!! I did a a 3 days of week 1, but still not in Ketosis.

Everyone is really nice at my clinic, a little rushed, but I dont really see the support. If it wasnt for this site, I would feel alone in the world of Medi... I wish they offered some sort of classes or group activities (that are optional for those who cant or dont like). The handouts are ok, but I think interaction with others is even better....
Sorry for the rambling, its been awhile. Congrats to everyone on their losses this week, and other non-scale victories!!
VElite, Don't beat yourself up. Eating out IS hard -- especially when you are travelling and can't just go home and eat as you should. Just continue week one until you're in ketosis again and get on with your success! And tell your clinic all your concerns/challenges -- mine has always had good suggestions to help me!

I try to always have small bags of almonds and Medi or Atkins protein/snack bars in my purse. And I keep the carb control yogurts in the fridge at work.

I love the support, advice and experience on this site, too! It's wonderful!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hi Everyone, This is hard to type....its been a long tough week, as I have read from others as well. I had to travel for work and was gone for 3 days, eating at restaurants and the hotel. Alot of "working" dinners. I was not prepared yet. I stuck with the meat and vegetables for the most part, but only to find out that it was still over in calories.

There is a thread about travel support that I used when vacationing last year. I tried to bump it up so it was more accessable. In any case try searching for travel tips because there have been some good ones over the years. Just remember you will not always be able to make perfect eating choices when traveling. But as my clinic told us make the best decisions possible with the choices you have and don't use it as a excuse to overindulge. Sounds like you did that and now can learn how to be better prepared in the future. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #372
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
I'm so excited. I just got back from my week 3 weigh in and I'm down another 4.8lbs. I can't believe I have lost 14lbs in 3 weeks I hope everyone else has a great week as well.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Congrats Tessa17! That is awesome! I also had my weigh-in this morning - I was very nervous as my TOM is near and I feel so bloated, but in spite of THAT, I lost 6.5 lbs for a 3-week total of 18 lbs.! I LOVE this program!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post

I know what you mean. The "support" is not always helpful especially during Saturday AM weigh-ins. They are so swamped with people that I have to write down everything I want to discusss before I get there of I will forget. Also, having a different nutritionist/nurse/person every week also makes you feel lost. I learn more from this site than I have ever learned from the clinic.
You can alway talk to me whenever, supporting each other is important.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2011
Hi everyone,
Seems we all struggles last week.
I had my weigh in yesterday and I only lost 1 pound. At first I was really disappointed but then my nurse said everyone had low numbers and Dr says it is due to weather, constipation,and holding water. I guess I had them all last week, I can just tell my touching my stomach if I am losing or not and I was a little bloated last week. struggled with getting in 500 cal. too. mostly I was under or quite a bit over.
Anyway a pound lost is something and better than a gain.
I feel better already and really taking each day slowly and think about what I am eating.
We can do this everyone. Stay strong, think about how good you will look this summer? For me its breathing better already when I walk and able to bend over and tie my shoes. just having more energy to do things.
Have a great week, Hugs,Lynn in OHio
Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Well, back on track today. After my spluge yesterday, I feel better. Not because I ate the wrong things, but because I got whatever it was out of my system and felt physically awful. So now, I am appreciating my normal diet fare. Not heavy, but filling and much better for me too. I'm not going to look back at yesterday only look forward to my next weigh in and the weeks of losing weight ahead.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles View Post
Hi everyone,
Seems we all struggles last week.
I had my weigh in yesterday and I only lost 1 pound. At first I was really disappointed but then my nurse said everyone had low numbers and Dr says it is due to weather, constipation,and holding water. I guess I had them all last week, I can just tell my touching my stomach if I am losing or not and I was a little bloated last week. struggled with getting in 500 cal. too. mostly I was under or quite a bit over.
Anyway a pound lost is something and better than a gain.
I feel better already and really taking each day slowly and think about what I am eating.
We can do this everyone. Stay strong, think about how good you will look this summer? For me its breathing better already when I walk and able to bend over and tie my shoes. just having more energy to do things.
Have a great week, Hugs,Lynn in OHio
Good for you Lynn. Every week has its issues, but I am beginning to think that our own individual attitudes towards what we want to acomplish is the only thing that can get in the way of losing on this diet. I, for one, have realized that I can be my own worst enemy as far as dieting is concerned. So if I don't lose, its only because I haven't tried hard enough LOL.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Peagle and Tessa, keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefan View Post
Hi Chocolatefan,

Glad someone found the running info helpful. Yes like someone else posted (can't recall who) Enell is great for bigger busts. I use Champion, but they have to be the spandex type not the cotton...those won't hold anything. Here's some more that people on the running site posted for larger chests. Moving Comfort, Fiona Full-Figure (Moving Comfort Sports Bras & Fitness Apparel) and Enell Sports Bras (Welcome to Enell) The "Shock-Absorber" Level iv, a Bendon bra......it's a bra made in Australia with superb support. You can buy them at BareNecessities.com or on ebay.com even. Also, try amazon.com....this is the best sports bra ever, said by a 36DDD. Freshpair.com has free shipping too!
Hope this helps you. If you do go on coolrunning.com you click on Community- then Discussion Forums. Click on Newbie Cafe- then you can look around at which threads interest you. Glad that you are interested in taking the first steps. Don't let your chest size stop you, I am a C and so long as the girls are in a good compression bra- I have no problems.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
I know what you mean. The "support" is not always helpful especially during Saturday AM weigh-ins. They are so swamped with people that I have to write down everything I want to discusss before I get there of I will forget. Also, having a different nutritionist/nurse/person every week also makes you feel lost. I learn more from this site than I have ever learned from the clinic.
You can alway talk to me whenever, supporting each other is important.
VElite & Baysidegal -

I completely agree that the "support" is not always the best there and lately they are very busy.....it was not like that at all when I first started there in their old office. If you allow them to rush the appt, then it will be very quick. Through the week keep a list of questions written down - take that paper out during the appointment and don't allow it to be finished until you are satisfied. If you can, change up which days of the week you go as there are different staff members on different days.....but I know thats not always possible with some work schedules.

The clinic gave me the basics for my success, but this Medi "family" is what encouraged me and showed me the best paths for achieving that success. I'm here if you ever have any questions...especially if it's anything local!

PS....if you're at the clinic and look at the bulletin board right near the waiting room where you check out....that's my before/after pics.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
WOW....The month has been flying by! I will have big news soon! My wife has lost about 120 pounds to go along with my 300 and we will be on a national tv show soon! As soon as I can announce it, I will! In the meantime, I hope this week is a good one for everyone! BTW, I'm looking for people who were inspired by my story and joined Medi-Weightloss Clinics because of my story and have had a good loss so far and have, in turn, inspired others to join us! Send me a private message so we can talk!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa17 View Post
I'm so excited. I just got back from my week 3 weigh in and I'm down another 4.8lbs. I can't believe I have lost 14lbs in 3 weeks I hope everyone else has a great week as well.
Woot!!! Fabulous news!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
WOW

Awsome Jerry
and a very big congrats to your wife

cindy
Old 03-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Congrats to all on your weight loss victories

I agree that I find this board much more supportive, than anything offered by the clinic. I think it would be great if the clinic had some sort of meetings to attend.
I'm really disappointed that I haven't been able to get my MIC shot this week yet. I got off too late on Monday to go, and today I went but the clinic was closed I guess they close early on Tuesdays. My weigh in is on Thursday morning so I guess I will only be getting 1 this week
I really like the powercrunch protein bars sold at Trader Joe's. Only $1.19 I used the peanut butter choclate as a meal replacement today. I recommend trying them.
Hope all of you are well
Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Rachel - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the power crunch bars, peanut butter creme may be my favorite flavor but peanut butter chocolate is really good too. They seem to have the best carb/protein ratio that I have found, and around 200 calories is great for me as a meal placement. I order them by the box, actually usually a few boxes of different flavors at a time as DH loves those too!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Wow Peagle... You did great! Congrats!

I do have a question if anyone can help answer it. I looked at my printout from my weigh in today and it states that I had an increase in my BMI and lost some in the fat-free mass category. My blood pressure and pulse also went up, which might be due to me talking while they were taking it. But I'm confused and don't know if this is a bad thing. I don't want to be losing any muscle. They didn't say anything about it at the clinic and were just excited for the great loss this week. Does anyone have any suggestions on something I could be doing wrong that would cause an increase in BMI and loss of FFM? Also, is it ok to be losing some in this category? I'm just a little worried now and want to do this the correct way. Thanks for any help
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I agree that I find this board much more supportive, than anything offered by the clinic. I think it would be great if the clinic had some sort of meetings to attend.
I'm really disappointed that I haven't been able to get my MIC shot this week yet. I got off too late on Monday to go, and today I went but the clinic was closed I guess they close early on Tuesdays. My weigh in is on Thursday morning so I guess I will only be getting 1 this week
I really like the powercrunch protein bars sold at Trader Joe's. Only $1.19 I used the peanut butter choclate as a meal replacement today. I recommend trying them.
Hope all of you are well
I'm just so excited that we are FINALLY getting a Trader Joe's in our area!!! Everyone raves about that place and I can't wait to see what they have! Great to know what I'm getting on my first trip: Powercrunch bars!!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Keri where do you order from?

I got the french vanilla to try too. These are larger, and way cheaper than the MWL bars. I really like the MWL bars, but not the price! I discovered my FAVORITE sf Jello Black Cherry! Yummy! with Cool Whip.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristine29
Stats: 298/230(medi)/204/160?
Start Date: 2/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I got the french vanilla to try too. These are larger, and way cheaper than the MWL bars. I really like the MWL bars, but not the price! I discovered my FAVORITE sf Jello Black Cherry! Yummy! with Cool Whip.
Rachel are you eating these bars during your second week and counting it as part of your 500 calories (w. veg added) ?

How is cheese counted for after the meat week?

Those bars look good and if you go on the manufacturers website you can find where they are in a store near you, if you don't have a Trader Joe's around- which by the way I LOVE and Whole Foods are awesome. But I am a bit strange I actually enjoy going grocery shopping!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Mmmm....French vanilla is good too. I am not a big fan of the wild berry flavor. I order them from vitamin shoppe. Oh Yeah bars are very similar too - that same wafer type and their chocolate mint tastes just like girl scout thin mint cookies. But, if you need a chocolate fix - power crunch has a choklat bar (about 100 calories, 8 carbs, 5 protein) and there is dark and milk chocolate crunch flavors....think nestle crunch but much healthier!
Closed Thread