Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
So today is proving to be a rough day. We just found out that we have to pay a fortune and have the entire house re-piped. As a result, my family is pretty aggravated and is taking it out by eating delicious food. My family just had a delicious dinner and now it's snack time. The whole house smells like popcorn and all I want to do is eat it. I grabbed a bottle of water and am trying my best to avoid the temptation, but this is harder than I thought. I'm just hoping I can make it through the night. I hope everyone else is having a better Friday

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
what a transformation

Mary those pics are unbelievable! You and your husband have both been transformed! Both of you look great
Susie your pics are fantastic as well! That cast looks HUGE. It's great that you decided to weigh with it, so you know how much to subtract!
Lins Have you had your blood drawn? You are probably not taking in enough salt. I say this because when you were eating "normal" you did not have dizzy spells. Remember that you are an athlete, with lots of running, and exercising you are losing sodium by persperation. You also said that you have to stand up slowly because you get dizzy? You are describing a medical condition called Orthostatic hypotension. I think you should see your primary care doctor for a physical and have your urine tested, ekg, as well as a complete blood work up. Some people wear compression stockings to help increase blood pressure in the lower extremities, so that your body can compensate quicker from a sitting to a standing position. Orthostatic hypotension, may not seem like a big deal, but you may fall and get hurt. Keep in mind that drinking coffee may help at times of dizziness, because caffeine is a vasoconstrictor (shrinks your blood vessels to return blood to the heart). I'm not trying to replace medical advice from your physician, simply trying to shed some light on your scenario
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I LOVE the pictures....you look so happy even in the hospital!

I posted a couple of new pictures on my profile too!
Susie and Mary, your pictures give so much inspiration. I have a long way to go, but because you are here for me, I feel that I can keep going and make it.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sleepygal7
Stats: 201/187/160
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 3/3/11
Hello! I just finished my first week and lost 9 pounds. I'm still shocked with that progress, and I'm determined to keep it going. I've enjoyed reading this site for a few weeks...and now I'm happy to finally share some news. Hope everyone had a great week!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygal7 View Post
Hello! I just finished my first week and lost 9 pounds. I'm still shocked with that progress, and I'm determined to keep it going. I've enjoyed reading this site for a few weeks...and now I'm happy to finally share some news. Hope everyone had a great week!
Congratulations sleepygal7. Keep up the good work. Everyone here is very supportive and helpful. I wouldn't be able to do it without everyones support.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

See your Doctor ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
I have been taking blood pressure meds for years and the last two weeks my blood pressure has been low at the center. I have been getting dizzy sometimes too. Lack of sodium?? I will be seeing my primary DR soon so I will ask him about it.
Hi Dear,
Your B/P meds most likely need adjusting to a lower dose. Weight loss and diet change will effect your blood pressure, possibly you will be able to stop these medicines eventually. BUT for now, you should keep a B/P log and see your PHYSICIAN asap. Low Blood Pressure that is abnormal for YOU, can be as severe as HIGH bp. When your Blood Pressure is too low for YOU, your organs can be getting deprived of needed oxygen and nutrients.

Everyone has a different NORMAL b/p range. Some people are accustomed to running lower blood pressures and that is normal for them, however; others do not always fair as well. Abnormally low b/p can lead to fainting which sets you up for falls, which sets you up for other complications.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-11-2011 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Wow, now you have me worried...dizziness with exercise seems to be running rampant around here and I am no exception. I have been feeling dizzy/nauseous after exercise but thought it was electolytes. I have HBP too...maybe meds need to be adjusted. I will make an app. on Monday.

Welcome Sleepygal and Leslie!! Glad you are here!!

And Tessa, I feel your pain! Hope you get a good quote on the pipes, shop around if you can! Is it an emergency? House woes are never fun. I often wonder why I wanted to buy a house in the first place!? lol! Good luck! Stay Strong! and we are here for you!

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Hey Trish, Didn't mean to make you nervous. I just want you all to be as aware of your body signals, as you are of your calorie counting. Possibly needing BP meds cut to a lower dose is ACTUALLY a wonderful thing, but requires monitoring by your Primary Care Doctor.
I don't mean to be on a BP soap box tonight. But doing what I do for a living, makes me live and breathe the importance of blood pressure management
Old 03-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I actually had blood work done and a full physical (urinalsis, and ekg included) at the end of February. And everything came back fine, but my blood pressure was on the low side. On days that I exercise a lot of my fluid comes from powerade zero which has sodium. I really do think it's just a blood pressure thing. I've never felt dizzy while I run, and I never feel like I am going to pass out.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Went to my weight-in today and was down -1lb. She told me that I fall into the under 5'3 and can't eat anything catagory. LOL She was joking of course, but she did say that because I'm 5'2 and don't have a lot to lose now that it will probably be slow going. She said I may have a big drop every once in awhile, but that I need to be content with 1-2lbs a week from now on. But I told her that as long as my weight was going down I was happy no matter how little the number is.

Tomorrow is my youngest daughters birthday. She is turning 3. I am having a friend of mine make the cupcakes (so I am not tempted while baking), and she is only making enough for the kids to eat. And the only other food I am serving is fruits and veggies. So I am setting myself up stay on plan.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lbeetle
Stats: 172/148.5/130
WOE: Medi-WLC
Start Date: February 2011
I just finished the day by reading all of your posts today. What a kind, caring group. I had my end of week two weigh-in today and lost 2 pounds, for a total of 13. Goals for week three are to: drink more water, and begin exercising 30 min 3x per week. And stay on the plan. Sorry, Tessa about your house woes! Congrats Lins on your loss, looks like you are closing in on your goal. Way to go, Sleepygal! And, indeed, prayers to all in Japan. Oh: I found bulgarian yogurt at the grocery tonight. Organic, 0% fat, and lower cal and carbs (modestly) than Chobani.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Happy Saturday, everyone! Wow, you all have been busy!

Congrats on all the weight lost! And Susie, I love your pictures! Everyone is so inspirational. And, as lbeetle just said, very caring. Thanks for your support during my frustration last week.

Today was apparently my day for ups and downs. I stayed up WAY too late cooking for our St. Paddy's Day party we had scheduled for tonight. Then while running the morning car pool I heard about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My brother and his family live there. By the time I got home aunts and cousins and family friends were calling me asking if I'd spoken to him. But I couldn't get through. (I guess the recording was saying all lines were down?) I did reach him after work today -- woke him up early on his Saturday morning! They are all fine and just worried about those who aren't. So that was a major low and then high and a roller coaster in between.

Dear hubby (who never gets sick and never misses work) shocked me yesterday by coming home after lunch, sick. He felt a bit better by bedtime, so we put off making a decision about the party until this morning (thus I was up too late cooking!) This morning he woke with a fever and didn't make it to work, again. A trip to the doctor confirmed strep throat. So . . . I spent the morning calling and explaining to friends and we just moved the party to the real St. Paddy's Day.

Meanwhile I had my weigh-in. After last week I was dreading it, and this was not an easy week! But I lost 3.5 pounds, and 4 pounds of fat! So that was high. And now I'm going to bring this day to a close.

Hope everyone has a great weekend of NO lows, wonderful highs or restful even keeled moments -- whatever your preference!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 03-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Hi Dear,
Your B/P meds most likely need adjusting to a lower dose. Weight loss and diet change will effect your blood pressure, possibly you will be able to stop these medicines eventually. BUT for now, you should keep a B/P log and see your PHYSICIAN asap. Low Blood Pressure that is abnormal for YOU, can be as severe as HIGH bp. When your Blood Pressure is too low for YOU, your organs can be getting deprived of needed oxygen and nutrients.

Everyone has a different NORMAL b/p range. Some people are accustomed to running lower blood pressures and that is normal for them, however; others do not always fair as well. Abnormally low b/p can lead to fainting which sets you up for falls, which sets you up for other complications.
Rachel, I will follow your advise. When I go to the clinic today for my weigh in, I will ask them for my last 3 blood pressure results then call my DR on Monday. It is unusual for me to have a BP of 100/ anything. I am usually in the 116-120 area. It's amazing how losing weight changes everything. I LIKE IT!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Trish, Didn't mean to make you nervous. I just want you all to be as aware of your body signals, as you are of your calorie counting. Possibly needing BP meds cut to a lower dose is ACTUALLY a wonderful thing, but requires monitoring by your Primary Care Doctor.
I don't mean to be on a BP soap box tonight. But doing what I do for a living, makes me live and breathe the importance of blood pressure management
Rachel, I am so glad you are here. We non-medical people can only benefit from your insight.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
I just finished the day by reading all of your posts today. What a kind, caring group. I had my end of week two weigh-in today and lost 2 pounds, for a total of 13. Goals for week three are to: drink more water, and begin exercising 30 min 3x per week. And stay on the plan. Sorry, Tessa about your house woes! Congrats Lins on your loss, looks like you are closing in on your goal. Way to go, Sleepygal! And, indeed, prayers to all in Japan. Oh: I found bulgarian yogurt at the grocery tonight. Organic, 0% fat, and lower cal and carbs (modestly) than Chobani.
Welcom lbeetle, we help each other and anyone that joins. You know that Bible saying "Seek and ye shall find". It really means something on this board.

Jeanie
Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Jeanie- Happy I can give you some useful reminders. Always better safe than sorry!
Roni- That's great that you were able to reach your brother. I can imagine how worried you must have been. Hope your husband gets better soon.

All these ups and downs really test us and our committment to MEDI.

Tessa-The stresses of being a homeowner on an older home, sure do SUCK at times. I hope it gets fixed soon, and affordably.

I think I'm going to experiment with oopsie rolls again this morning, this time I think I will use the muffin pan and see how they come out
Old 03-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tessa17
Stats: 184/144.0/135
Start Date: Feb 2011
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I think we are going to get a few more quotes on the house before we make any decisions. I did however make it through the night without giving in and eating unhealthy. Congrats everyone on the great weight loss this week. I'm so happy how well Medi seems to be helping everyone and I can't wait for my next weigh in. I hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 03-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Quote:

I think I'm going to experiment with oopsie rolls again this morning, this time I think I will use the muffin pan and see how they come out
I did the same thing this morning and had an awesome breakfast. Made the Oopsie rolls in a muffin top pan, took one, added egg beater and slice of bacon for the most unbelievable Bacon and Egg Sammie - YUMMO!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
Rachel, I will follow your advise. When I go to the clinic today for my weigh in, I will ask them for my last 3 blood pressure results then call my DR on Monday. It is unusual for me to have a BP of 100/ anything. I am usually in the 116-120 area. It's amazing how losing weight changes everything. I LIKE IT!
Jeanie - if you log into the Medi website you can see all of your stats for blood pressure, pulse and weight since your started the program in their "statistics" area for as long as you are regularly going to the clinic. I've found this very helpful.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

So I scratched the OOpsie rolls

IMG00115-20110312-1052.jpg

IMG00117-20110312-1052.jpg

Click on the images to enlarge them.

Crustless Quiche I made these from the breakfast recipes thread Yummy and VLC/VLC

I think these would be awesome with southwestern style egg beaters, and a few other spices. I'm going to do a search on quiche recipes, to get some ideas of what else could be added.

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 03-12-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Not to sound harsh because I truely feel for all of you and want you all to experience the success I experienced. grfgrl, as I recall this is only your 2nd or 3rd week and you already caved in week 1 or 2. You said that you had lost 20 pounds almost effortlessly last year, but quit because money was an issue.

Every time you cave, your cost goes up and your sticktoitness goes down. Everytime you cheat (and that does not include a planned divergence within your calorie and carb budget), your willingness to cheat in the future goes up too. The plan loses its effectiveness because you are not seeing the results you should have, you end up spending more and more money, and eventually give up because of the extended costs.

Did you indulge when you lost 20 pounds on Medi before? Every time you are tempted to stray, ask yourself if it is worth the additional $70+ dollars it costs to extend the program another week.

I hope I didn't offend you. I just want you to take an honest look at what straying from the program costs. You might want to ask your clinic why they think this is happening. Your meds might not be quite right or you may still have carbs in your system and need another purge.

I started the program a week before Thanksgiving, but was so motivated that by Christmas was down 25 pounds (best Christmas present to myself ever!)

Pull out your journal from when you were so successful last year and try to recreate your feelings and motivation. Good luck to you and feel free to post or message me any time.
Catching up and I just read this! LOVE it! I often think of time in Acute as more $$$, but it's good to hear it put into an amount! And I love Lins's "$70" brownie.

Once I actually calculated the calories/carbs in 1 chocolate chip! LOL But you know, it just didn't taste any better than the Medi or Atkins bars. I tell myself that a LOT during my TOM!
~Roni
Old 03-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Hello, again. I am sitting in my office on a fabulous sunny spring day trying to finish a report, while my five year old and DH play. I mentioned that I have been in a ten year job situation that was very intense and very, very challenging. I am almost on the other side with "partner". On this other side, I found myself obese, with anxiety/depression, and sedentary. Thank god for my family, as they are my joy and what made me work so hard. However, this work has come at a price to my mental and physical health. As I begin MWL, and dig out from under a disorganized office, house, and some grief (too long to go into, but my profession is not at all friendly to women---sorry, don't mean to offend anyone or sound like a victim, but this it's true---from research and not only my own experience--and it's not personal, it's just very much a hazing game for women and minorities---and I am in a "helping" profession!), I realize how I am needing to reorient to a "normal" life. A new beginning---the proverb, "just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterly" has been my mantra for about a year.

Sorry, my post is now becoming long. Thanks for reading/"listening".

Now I sit here in this office, staring at my data and this report that will not write itself, and I am struck so hard by the fact that for literally ten years it has been "food in, words out on the page". And I must change this. And I also want to change things so I have more balance in my life, for excercise, spirituality and play. My work has meaning---I help people by what I do---but it has been so, so, so toxic an environment.

So, I want that butterly to emerge, and I want to create an environment and a body for her to spread her wings.

But for the moment, I am struggling not to put food in to get words out. So, off to make a cup of tea. Words of wisdome welcome.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
hey lbeetle, where did you get your avatar? Im a member too

Well even with my cheat, im still on track. I have to admit that I will be thinking twice about full disclosure here. I mean, nobody is perfect.

I bought the items to make the Medi brownies last weekend but havent made them yet anyone made them recently? I am very excited about them, but ive had the ingredients for a full week now. I wonder what the heck I am waiting for?

I am having a uhm... lack of fiber issue. :blush: In the acute phase, anyone else had/have this issue? This isnt a new issue for me, kind of had this problem for as long as I can remember but always blamed it on my crappy diet. I figured once I got on this everything would resume being normal. I am taking the colon cleanser ever ynight but it doesnt seem to be working on me this week. Can I take some benefiber or something? Open to ideas
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Hi, Tricia. For my avatar I went into my account profile and chose that one (they have something like 60 to choose from, some related to weight loss, but lots of others, too).

I'm only starting week 3 just now, but I asked about the constipation issue, too. Liquids and exercise---and the fact that you won't go as frequently as you are eating less and your body is using more of the nutrients. I also went (with permission fro MWLC) on acidophillus/lacto-bacillus, and three days later, I feel more "normal". Need more time/data on this...but seemed to help me. And it's great for the body more generally! Hope this helps. (One other totally weird thought---when I go swiming I almost always "go" soon thereafter. Relaxation and stretching that goes with swimming? Who knows!) Good luck. I am sure that other folks here know more about this, given that I am totally newbie. But congrats on the ten+ pounds! You go, girl!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetle View Post
Hello, again. I am sitting in my office on a fabulous sunny spring day trying to finish a report, while my five year old and DH play. I mentioned that I have been in a ten year job situation that was very intense and very, very challenging. I am almost on the other side with "partner". On this other side, I found myself obese, with anxiety/depression, and sedentary. Thank god for my family, as they are my joy and what made me work so hard. However, this work has come at a price to my mental and physical health. As I begin MWL, and dig out from under a disorganized office, house, and some grief (too long to go into, but my profession is not at all friendly to women---sorry, don't mean to offend anyone or sound like a victim, but this it's true---from research and not only my own experience--and it's not personal, it's just very much a hazing game for women and minorities---and I am in a "helping" profession!), I realize how I am needing to reorient to a "normal" life. A new beginning---the proverb, "just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterly" has been my mantra for about a year.

Sorry, my post is now becoming long. Thanks for reading/"listening".

Now I sit here in this office, staring at my data and this report that will not write itself, and I am struck so hard by the fact that for literally ten years it has been "food in, words out on the page". And I must change this. And I also want to change things so I have more balance in my life, for excercise, spirituality and play. My work has meaning---I help people by what I do---but it has been so, so, so toxic an environment.

So, I want that butterly to emerge, and I want to create an environment and a body for her to spread her wings.

But for the moment, I am struggling not to put food in to get words out. So, off to make a cup of tea. Words of wisdome welcome.
If snacking is part of your writing process, rather than changing that process that has worked for you for a decade, maybe try changing the food that is going in your mouth?

What about dicing up some apples and eating each piece one by one with a tbsp. of peanut butter? Or some celery pieces with laughing cow cheese? Because our quanitities are small, i recommend maybe cutting up everything into small bite size pieces just to make it feel like you're eating more than you are?

I had to do these kinds of behavior changes when i quit smoking a year and a half ago. I had weird triggers, after a meal, once i got in the car after work, I wanted to smoke. And since those are things I cant stop doing -- eating or leaving work. I decided to reward myself in a different way, that way the outcome of happy was the same but was treated in a more healthy way.

Hope this helps

Last edited by grfxgrl; 03-12-2011 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: typos!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Jeanie - if you log into the Medi website you can see all of your stats for blood pressure, pulse and weight since your started the program in their "statistics" area for as long as you are regularly going to the clinic. I've found this very helpful.
Thanks Kelly, I did not know that. My clinic gave me a list anyway. Thanks for the info.

I lost another 4 pounds this week with a total of 16.8 lost in 4 weeks. I am in shock! I thought for sure I had overdone carbs and sodium this week, but my water weight was down as well as % of fat.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Does anyone know what Medi's take on avocados are? Can you count a slice as a healthy fat, similar to almonds? I love to add a slice onto grilled chicken or even in a salad.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Tricia - your "lack of fiber" issue is a common conversation here.....if you read past monthly threads you'll definitely see it talked about frequently. Mary had recently told us about taking a magnesium supplement daily which I have been doing and it definitely works. I don't (and never did) use the colon cleanse one from the clinic. Try the magnesium, easy fix.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi all,

Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

As for the questions... I am 5' 7.5". I used to be 5' 8", but shrinking in my old age.

Typing is a challenge, but it beats trying to write with my left hand.

Avocado is a healthy fat and can be incorporated in place of nuts or olive oil. This is per Medi's materials. I don't remember the recommended serving size though.

Congrats to all the losers and to those who have posted life struggles, please know I keep you in my prayers.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone, I started week 5 today but I have had some nausea once or twice during the last 4 weeks. I had thought that I had a stomach bug, but I now have nausea again this morning and I really don't know why. So far I have had my RX and fat burner pills. I started feeling sick and then figured I needed to eat so I made an eggbeaters omelet with a little RF cheese and leftover asparagus. It was a small portion, but it didn't seem to help. Now I feel worse so I can't figure out what triggered this.

One thing (common I know) is a little constipation...I wonder if that might be it...

Total lost 31.9 lbs.
Closed Thread