Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Wow...I've been watching CNN and the Weather Channel. I grew up in Japan, Honolulu HI, and north of Santa Barbara while my dad was in the Air Force.....I remember in 1975 or so feeling earthquake in my bedroom in Yokota AFB, Japan, and of course earthquakes in CA. And we were in Hawaii in 1960 when tsunami hit Hawaii. It's all happening again all at once there.....please pray for all these areas.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Wow...I've been watching CNN and the Weather Channel. I grew up in Japan, Honolulu HI, and north of Santa Barbara while my dad was in the Air Force.....I remember in 1975 or so feeling earthquake in my bedroom in Yokota AFB, Japan, and of course earthquakes in CA. And we were in Hawaii in 1960 when tsunami hit Hawaii. It's all happening again all at once there.....please pray for all these areas.
I've been watching it on the Today Show. How sad. There have been so many natural disasters lately. All we can do is pray for everyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Thankfully it looks like Hawaii is going to be spared, but those poor people in Japan with no warning, this is devastating. My family is all in the SF bay area and down in Monterey, and I thank God they all have warning ( I don't think it will be bad there, as long as it doesn't trigger a bad earthquake like 89)- but my heart is so heavy for all those people in Japan.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mccosby
Stats: 218/146/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2010
I never write on here, but I read regularly. I have lost 64 pounds to date with Medi and I really love the program and how it has changed my relationship with food and my knowledge about nutrition.

I wanted to specifically address the couple of questions raised about people who don't lose that much in one week or who get a strange reading during their TOM. My clinic has always told me that the Tanita scale readings can be off during the TOM - because the excess fluids, etc. that your body is producing through off the electrical current that the scale sends through your body. I have had readings where my fat mass (not percentage, but actual amount of pounds) actually goes UP during TOM, but then the next week I loose a bunch of fat. Based on what my clinic has said, I don't think this is what is actually happening - I don't think my fat goes up - I just think the scale is off that week.

In any event, as my husband (who's thin and has never had to think about weight in his life, so what does he know ) would say, "it's a marathon, not a sprint". It's true - you can't look at this week to week, though it's so hard not to - I think you have to look at this over the long haul.

My goal is 150 - but as I get closer to that, I think I am going to put it down to 140. When I signed up for Medi, I arbitrarily picked 150 and I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would get there. Now I am 4 pounds away!

Also, my plug for exercise - you DO have the time, you just need the motivation. I have two children ages 1 and 2, I work full time as an attorney and my husband works full time and travels for work as well. I'm busy, so I have set a realistic exercise goal for myself 3 or 4 times a week. I always achieve this, and sometimes I do more. But, I know that it's not realistic for me to set a goal of 6 times a week every week, so I haven't done that, and as a result am not beating myself up about not doing that. I think that the exercise, particularly strength training, has been a KEY part in my success so far.

Lastly, on the dizzy point, when this happens to me (and it does), my clinic says that I need to drink more electrolytes (i.e. sometimes I will drink 68 ounces of electrolyte water instead of regular water) and this seems to help.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenpryde
Stats: 172/145.5/110
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/26/11
This is my first post and I am really just getting started. Today is my first day of week 3
The first week I lost 5lbs. 1.5 fat and 3.5 water When I went for my weigh in yesterday, I had only lost 2.8lbs the second week. 3.0 fat and gained .2 water. I am following the diet exactly. I am not sure how I gained water. Did anyone else start off losing really slow in the beginning?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mccosby
Stats: 218/146/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2010
jenpryde,

I don't think that losing almost 8 pounds in 2 weeks is slow. I generally lose between 2 and 3 pounds a week, sometimes LESS, sometimes more. Water weight fluctuates all day, so up .2 is just normal, but you could try drinking a bit more this week.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Jen, You're also starting out quite a bit smaller than a lot of other people on the forum. It seems like people who are smaller tend to lose less per week.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/204.6/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss on my own.
Start Date: 07/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I fell and injured my wrist Saturday night.
I'm really far behind and trying to catch up on the posts, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry about your fall, Susie. I hope you're mending well. Get better soon!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Hi Everyone! I just had my second week weigh-in and lost another 6 in addition to the 15 I lost week 1!!!
Just trying to catch up on the posts here. Jenn, your stats are so great! You're doing a terrific job. KUTGW!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
It's been quite a while since I have seen less than 200 on the scale.

Swirveegrl, you're doing great! I'm in Onederland, too and it sure is a nice feeling. KUTGW!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
My snail's paced weight loss has FINALLY hit another goal......I've lost 80 pounds!
Congrats Mary!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Happy Friday to everyone! I had my WI last night and dropped 3 pounds - 1 pound of Fat and 2 pounds of water. Since restarting, I am down 10 1/2 pounds! I hope to be down another 10 by spring break in April!

I was at trader joe's yesterday and found the ThinkThin Bites. I bought 2 boxes and compared them to the Medi bars. They are only off by 1 carb and they were $3.69 a box for 5 compared to $14.00 for 7. I haven't tried them yet, but I have heard they were good!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenpryde View Post
This is my first post and I am really just getting started. Today is my first day of week 3
The first week I lost 5lbs. 1.5 fat and 3.5 water When I went for my weigh in yesterday, I had only lost 2.8lbs the second week. 3.0 fat and gained .2 water. I am following the diet exactly. I am not sure how I gained water. Did anyone else start off losing really slow in the beginning?
jenpryde ~ I agree with Kelly & mccosby. You're LOSING! That's the goal, huh?! And, it's generally true that folks who have less to lose... lose less each week. I lost about 30 pounds over 3 months, and the most I have EVER lost in a week was 4.6 pounds; it was usually 1 or 2 pounds. Try to focus on following the plan and feeling better and better. Oh, and it's so true that to lose water weight you have to drink more. Weird, isn't it? But it works. Hang in there ~ you'll make it!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Thankfully it looks like Hawaii is going to be spared, but those poor people in Japan with no warning, this is devastating. My family is all in the SF bay area and down in Monterey, and I thank God they all have warning ( I don't think it will be bad there, as long as it doesn't trigger a bad earthquake like 89)- but my heart is so heavy for all those people in Japan.
Amen, Trish. It's so very sad. Since Hawaii has fared well so far, hopefully that's a good sign for your family in CA.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Weight in today and I'm down to 196 for a grand total of -60lbs

Wow, SIXTY LBS!?!? That is beyond awesome. Congrats Gemini!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Really worried about weigh in today after the prednisone induced binge the other night. I feel swollen and frustrated. I am finally off call this weekend and I am going to make it to the gym. Daughter went to San Antonio today and my son and husband will pick her up tomorrow and both kids are going to Dallas for Spring Break...so thankfully there will be peace and quiet in the house for a week. Maybe I can get some cleaning done...it would have been better if I didn't have to work. I work the late shift and I am on call Monday and Tuesday...the rest of the the week is the kicker because I am the only tech at a womens hospital for 4 days straight 24 hours a day. Stressssssssssss....then the following Sunday through Thursday I go to New Orleans with my hubby for his company "retreat". There will be much tasty NOLA food and I am worried. *sigh*

Right now though all I can think about is Japan...and all the devastation. Even though theirs is the most advanced country in the world for earthquake technology, they still had oodles of damage. Nature has a way of making fools of us every time. I always had sort of a nonchalant attitude about what would happen here if we had a serious hurricane, but watching the houses being swept away and realizing all those people's memories and such were also swept away really hurts my heart. How would I feel? I can't even begin to imagine how devastating it is for them.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhayward View Post
I was at trader joe's yesterday and found the ThinkThin Bites. I bought 2 boxes and compared them to the Medi bars. They are only off by 1 carb and they were $3.69 a box for 5 compared to $14.00 for 7. I haven't tried them yet, but I have heard they were good!
hm, let me know how they are... I really like the medi chocolate bars.. but wish I could fine something comparable for cheaper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccosby View Post
IMy goal is 150 - but as I get closer to that, I think I am going to put it down to 140. When I signed up for Medi, I arbitrarily picked 150 and I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would get there. Now I am 4 pounds away!
I am the same way, I pick 150 because it in the middle of the healthy range. In my mind I have already adjusted my goal to 140... :-)

Congrats on the success!

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 03-11-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly - You wrote: [/QUOTE] Right now though all I can think about is Japan...and all the devastation. Even though theirs is the most advanced country in the world for earthquake technology, they still had oodles of damage. Nature has a way of making fools of us every time. I always had sort of a nonchalant attitude about what would happen here if we had a serious hurricane, but watching the houses being swept away and realizing all those people's memories and such were also swept away really hurts my heart. How would I feel? I can't even begin to imagine how devastating it is for them.[/QUOTE]

Japan has a special place in my heart because I gave my life to Jesus while living in Japan!! (My senior year of high school)...and I grew in my trust and relationship with the Lord, and in His Word there while I lived the following two years working and living in my parents home, taking night classes at extentions of Los Angeles City College and University of Maryland on the base before we moved back to the US and I went off to college in Missouri. Since you are getting ready to go to LA, did you hear the story of the woman who called in to CNN that she finally heard from her husb? He works in one of the nuclear power plants in Japan and things falling/glass breaking; coworkers trapped and he got out and met up with other friends to find that there was nothing left of their hotel, everything gone, and watching the water rise up below. Roads out, airports out, he's been bleeding, cold, no way to receive help. And that's just ONE person. Wow....
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccosby View Post
I never write on here, but I read regularly. I have lost 64 pounds to date with Medi and I really love the program and how it has changed my relationship with food and my knowledge about nutrition.

I wanted to specifically address the couple of questions raised about people who don't lose that much in one week or who get a strange reading during their TOM. My clinic has always told me that the Tanita scale readings can be off during the TOM - because the excess fluids, etc. that your body is producing through off the electrical current that the scale sends through your body. I have had readings where my fat mass (not percentage, but actual amount of pounds) actually goes UP during TOM, but then the next week I loose a bunch of fat. Based on what my clinic has said, I don't think this is what is actually happening - I don't think my fat goes up - I just think the scale is off that week.

In any event, as my husband (who's thin and has never had to think about weight in his life, so what does he know ) would say, "it's a marathon, not a sprint". It's true - you can't look at this week to week, though it's so hard not to - I think you have to look at this over the long haul.

My goal is 150 - but as I get closer to that, I think I am going to put it down to 140. When I signed up for Medi, I arbitrarily picked 150 and I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would get there. Now I am 4 pounds away!

Also, my plug for exercise - you DO have the time, you just need the motivation. I have two children ages 1 and 2, I work full time as an attorney and my husband works full time and travels for work as well. I'm busy, so I have set a realistic exercise goal for myself 3 or 4 times a week. I always achieve this, and sometimes I do more. But, I know that it's not realistic for me to set a goal of 6 times a week every week, so I haven't done that, and as a result am not beating myself up about not doing that. I think that the exercise, particularly strength training, has been a KEY part in my success so far.

Lastly, on the dizzy point, when this happens to me (and it does), my clinic says that I need to drink more electrolytes (i.e. sometimes I will drink 68 ounces of electrolyte water instead of regular water) and this seems to help.
Interestingly, I picked a goal weight of 145 because that would make my normal BMI but knew that it was not possible and was hoping for 160 - the lowest weight I remember that I have as adult. And somehow I got to 150 and 145 seems so easy to get to so I lowered to 140 - and got it - 113 lb all together in 9 months - so I am sure you get there too - you already have very ompressive stats.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Thanks for the reassurance! The 3 lbs made me happy, but when I realized it was only 0.5lb fat it freaked me out. I'm thinking what in the world happened. I was really concerned that I had majorly screwed up some kind of weigh, but I was shocked that I lost WATER considering it's TOM Anyways, I'm feeling better about it thanks to the words of encouragement from you and BETTY and KERI!
I think I will take the 2nd shot 1x week, I go on Mondays for the MIC. I will see how much it helps, and make a decision. I feel kind of irritated, HONESTLY, that it's not included in the weekly price. I'm sure they have a reason, but I'm thinking if it really plays that large of a role in my success with MEDI it should be included. That's simply my opinion. Maybe Susie has insight into why it's not included?
I never asked, but my guess is that some marketing guy suggested it. I will ask if I ever get back to work. Being homebound is brutal, but so far I have been able to stay on track. I don't have much of an appetite and my BFF arranged to have medi friendly dinners brought to me several nights a week. I am truly blessed.

BTW...I posted a hospital picture along with some others in an album in my profile.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
I never asked, but my guess is that some marketing guy suggested it. I will ask if I ever get back to work. Being homebound is brutal, but so far I have been able to stay on track. I don't have much of an appetite and my BFF arranged to have medi friendly dinners brought to me several nights a week. I am truly blessed.

BTW...I posted a hospital picture along with some others in an album in my profile.
I LOVE the pictures....you look so happy even in the hospital!

I posted a couple of new pictures on my profile too!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I have issues with dizzy spells all the time and it's because my blood pressure is low. I never had the problem before Medi, but it happens ALL the time now. I have to stand up slowly. I asked the clinic about it and my blood pressure is always low, but not "dangerously low". So they aren't concerened. I now have learned that low blood pressure runs in my family. But over Christmas when I wasn't really following this WOE, I had no problems with dizziness (and I was still taking the Meds), but as soon as I started back on this WOE the dizziness came back. It hasn't caused any problems for me, it's just annoying.
According to the week 2 materials, dizziness is also a symptom of being low in sodium.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
thanks everyone for their advice about my cheat. I didn't go crazy, I ate the medi way the entire day except for the ice cream, so I'm not a total loss. Dont give up on me! I'm not!

Zumba'd today. Still was dizzy and completely exhausted even with the 1/2 apple and tbsp of peanut butter before. I had two weird moments where we were doing this triple time running in place move and I...got goosebumps and a chill? In the MIDDLE? Of the workout? When I'm sweating buckets? The hell? Anyone know what that's about? Definitely gonna ask about that at my weigh in. Weirdest thing ever!

Thanks again everyone
We will not give up on you. We all want you to succeed. Being a former patient and counselor at Medi, I was a little concerned that you were sabotaging yourself. I am happy to hear you got back on track. Please believe me when I say all my posts are heartfelt and sincere. I am passionate about helping others to achieve the same success I have. I have struggled with my weight since I was a child and I can't tell you enough how great it feels to be normal and like the way I look. Priceless!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Mary, You look like a completely different person! That must be a boost when you see those pictures!
Susie, I hope that arm heals fast! I love your smile even in the hospital! You amaze me with your optimistic outlook, we are blessed to have you here cheering us on- but how do you type??
Old 03-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I LOVE the pictures....you look so happy even in the hospital!

I posted a couple of new pictures on my profile too!
That was the morphine.

Who is that other person??? You look amazing!!!!

Last edited by SDC2; 03-11-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Susie,
Your photos are wonderful! I can tell that you really influenced the men in your life to be healthy too; I remember you saying your DH and a son had also done Medi. Good for ALL of you!! BTW, how tall are you?
Debbie
Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
That was the morphine.

Who is that other person??? You look amazing!!!!
THANKS! I know what you mean about the Morphine (I was a Recovery Room RN....so was VERY popular with many people! :blush

That is my husband Bill. He also did Medi. Since he started Medi he's lost around 92 pounds, but had also lost another 12 pounds prior to starting Medi. I sure wish we could go back to our great clinic (Jupiter Fl) to finish up (we both have another 20 pounds to go.....maybe more for Bill). I'm going to send them our pictures just as soon as I find their Email address......They took a starting picture of Bill, but on the day I was there the camera was broken

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 03-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leslie1436
Stats: 5'2" 152/140/116
Start Date: 02/19/2011
I just wanted to say hi to everyone, I started about 3 weeks ago. I've been reading the posts on here and it has helped me a quite a bit already
Anyways just wanted to introduce myself. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I have issues with dizzy spells all the time and it's because my blood pressure is low. I never had the problem before Medi, but it happens ALL the time now. I have to stand up slowly. I asked the clinic about it and my blood pressure is always low, but not "dangerously low". So they aren't concerened. I now have learned that low blood pressure runs in my family. But over Christmas when I wasn't really following this WOE, I had no problems with dizziness (and I was still taking the Meds), but as soon as I started back on this WOE the dizziness came back. It hasn't caused any problems for me, it's just annoying.
I have been taking blood pressure meds for years and the last two weeks my blood pressure has been low at the center. I have been getting dizzy sometimes too. Lack of sodium?? I will be seeing my primary DR soon so I will ask him about it.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I get dizzy too...actually, it's more of light-headed. The clinic has told me that my blood pressure is really low (but so is my mother and brothers). It's especially when I have been squatting down and stand straight up. I never had this before Medi either. I bet Susie is onto something though with sodium.....I used to eat much more salt then I do now!
Closed Thread