Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LitlMzScandelous
Stats: 283/274/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Feb. 2011
Day 3 and need help!

Hey everyone...I'm on day 3. Doing good. Feeling fine. No intolerable side effects.

Tonight, it came to my attention tonight that the chobani Greek yogurt I've been eating was the kind w/ fruit in it. I saw it had carbs when I bought it, but I figured it was ok bc chobani nonfat was on a sample menu plan they gave me. That paper didn't mention to get the plain kind. (I'll mention it to the folks at my center) I've ate the fruit chobani on days 1-3. (I ate 3 oz at breakfast & 3oz at lunch- which is one container a day) Now, I'm worried I've totally screwed up!

Can someone who has been doing this awhile, kind of advise me on how bad (if at all) that mistake was? I mean, what is done is done...and I won't be beating myself up over it. But I check ketones tomorrow. Just kinda need a little help! Thanks!

And if anyone else eats plain Greek yogurt, how do u flavor it? I was thinking splenda and using some vanilla extract.
LitlMzScandelous is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitlMzScandelous View Post
Hey everyone...I'm on day 3. Doing good. Feeling fine. No intolerable side effects.

Tonight, it came to my attention tonight that the chobani Greek yogurt I've been eating was the kind w/ fruit in it. I saw it had carbs when I bought it, but I figured it was ok bc chobani nonfat was on a sample menu plan they gave me. That paper didn't mention to get the plain kind. (I'll mention it to the folks at my center) I've ate the fruit chobani on days 1-3. (I ate 3 oz at breakfast & 3oz at lunch- which is one container a day) Now, I'm worried I've totally screwed up!

Can someone who has been doing this awhile, kind of advise me on how bad (if at all) that mistake was? I mean, what is done is done...and I won't be beating myself up over it. But I check ketones tomorrow. Just kinda need a little help! Thanks!

And if anyone else eats plain Greek yogurt, how do u flavor it? I was thinking splenda and using some vanilla extract.
You are not supposed to eat any kind of yougurt on week one. I was told I can only have cottage cheese LF and not every day. Did you get into ketosis? On day 4 you are supposed to check. If you did, you are OK. If not, you should continue may be week one for a little longer until you get into ketoss.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
The fruit Chobani has around 22 grams of carb in comparison to 7 for the plain. If you divided it into 2 meals and kept your carbs very low for the other meals, you should still be in ketosis by day 4. My clinic had me stay below 20 grams ( maybe 25? don't remember now) per day. I would talk to your clinic and find out if they want you to add a couple more days of week 1.

This is just a small bump in the road, not a detour. Just stick with the plan and you are going to do great!

I eat a couple of containers of yogurt a day in maintenance. I usually add a little stevia and cinnamon. In week 2, you will be able to add berries (they always knocked me out of ketosis though) or a couple of crushed almonds (a couple of times a week you can have a few almonds as a fat).
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Tested this morning and i was in ketosis- at the right level. I know I've been way under on carbs tough so I guess my mistake didn't hurt me too much.

I'm 100% serious that the sample meal plans they gave me and food list had Greek yogurt on it. I'm calling tomorrow. I maybe misreading something.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Tested this morning and i was in ketosis- at the right level. I know I've been way under on carbs tough so I guess my mistake didn't hurt me too much.

I'm 100% serious that the sample meal plans they gave me and food list had Greek yogurt on it. I'm calling tomorrow. I maybe misreading something.
Hi and welcome! Just wanted to suggest DaVinci's SF syrups to flavor your plain Greek yogurt WHEN your clinic gives you the go ahead. I did not have any yogurt until about my 3rd or 4th week, and was told by my clinic staff to only get the fat free plain Greek (Greek because it is high in protein). You can order the syrups from Netrition.com - my favorite on yogurt is Irish Cream, but they have lots of flavors! WIth breakfast, I often about 1/2 of a little yogurt container, flavored with the syrup.
AnnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome, and come on over to the newbie thread. Msny if not all of your questions and concerns can be found answered there:

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

And join our monthly thread for encouragement and support.

Good luck on your journey.
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
You're not crazy...I was told I could have Greek yogurt in Week 1. In fact, even though they have the three meals listed, I was told that I should try to eat 5 times a day just so I didn't completely lose my mind, and the "snack" option I was given was Greek yogurt (and cottage cheese). The one I selected actually had HONEY on the bottom--I didn't know this. But I ate it and stayed in ketosis. Lost 8 pounds that first week. I think since the other meals I had were so sparse, the one serving of yogurt didn't kill me. Plus, when you think about it, it was still within the 500-600 calorie range for the day that I was told to stay in, so perhaps that was the key??
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

I lost 8 lbs in week one, too! Went yesterday! Felt so good to see that number go down! I'm not going to add too many snacks back first, like the bars. I tried a sample before I went into walmart last nite and I found myself wanting something like candy...probably best to keep away from anything reminiscent of candy or rich desserts until I'm on even footing. Wdyt?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
I lost 8 lbs in week one, too! Went yesterday! Felt so good to see that number go down! I'm not going to add too many snacks back first, like the bars. I tried a sample before I went into walmart last nite and I found myself wanting something like candy...probably best to keep away from anything reminiscent of candy or rich desserts until I'm on even footing. Wdyt?
Yay!!!! Isn't it amazing!!?? I have not been able to move the scale in YEARS until I got on this program. Is it torture the first week? Yes! But it's doable and the results are so worth it! What a victorious week!!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote