Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   New and struggling (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/710510-new-struggling.html)

ackiej25 02-19-2011 06:54 AM

New and struggling

Hi. My name is Jackie. I started Medi Weight loss 5 days ago and am feeling a bit discouraged. I have followed the plan exactly and never gone over 500 calories. The first two days were okay, hunger mostly. Day 3, I started to feel lethargic and not myself. Yesterday, I woke up feeling very out of it, lightheaded, and almost like I had the flu. Today I don't feel as sick but I have absolutely no energy and feel like all I want to do is sleep. Is this normal, and does it get better? Thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm glad that I found this forum.

Desert-Rose7 02-19-2011 11:48 AM

Welcome, Jackie!

Come on over to the newbie thread and I think you will find a great deal of help and tips in there:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...-week-1-a.html

And visit our monthly thread for support and encouragement as well.

Good luck on your journey!

Jo

chocolatefan 02-19-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackiej25 (Post 14393070)
Hi. My name is Jackie. I started Medi Weight loss 5 days ago and am feeling a bit discouraged. I have followed the plan exactly and never gone over 500 calories. The first two days were okay, hunger mostly. Day 3, I started to feel lethargic and not myself. Yesterday, I woke up feeling very out of it, lightheaded, and almost like I had the flu. Today I don't feel as sick but I have absolutely no energy and feel like all I want to do is sleep. Is this normal, and does it get better? Thank you in advance for any feedback. I'm glad that I found this forum.

I felt the exact same way. I'm only in week 2 and I can attest to the fact that it gets better. During the first week, I felt very lethargic--no energy at all. And I had bouts of lightheadness as well. I could have slept for a week. I did not take any appetite suppressants, but tried to drink a lot of water. There's just no way to deny the fact that (for me) going from easily 2000 calories a day (or more) to 500 was going to be a total shock to my system. I'm still struggling not so much with hunger or any lethargy, but I'm a little bored and I miss CRUNCHY, SALTY snacks and sweets. I don't have the physical cravings for these things--it's amazing that they really do go away--but I have the memory of the taste, and I still miss that. It's not unbearable at all, though. But I came here to find fun recipes that would work for this lifestyle and I was really pleased to see so many options in the "stickys" on this forum. So, I'm going to wade through the posts and find some more interesting choices! But I would say to really hang in there!!! It does get better, and after you have your first weigh-in and see the results, you'll want to stick it out. :)

LitlMzScandelous 02-19-2011 05:59 PM

Hey sweetie! I'm on day 3...doing ok, but I've got the sleepy symptom too. the first day, I even had a bad migraine! Yesterday, I came home from work and crashed for 3 hours!

The doc at my center actually told me that between day 4-7 your body goes haywire from the calorie restriction. He said with his patients, they usually report feeling irritable or lethargic. He told me that if that happens and it gets really bad to call the office. I don't know what they would do...but I would call the center when it opens back up on Monday and ask. In the meantime....rest. Self care has to be a priority. I'm sure it is for you. You are undergoing a huge life change! I'm praying for ya and hang in there.

SonoRoo 02-20-2011 05:40 AM

This is my restart and I am on day 3 and I feel very tired...it does go away. I remember the first week being rough, but it is only 1 week and each week gets better. Just be conscientious and journal everything! That really is the key, it's really hard to justify something when the numbers are right there in front of you and you see that a single tortilla or donut is 50g carbs.

Ok, off to the hospital. Super lethargic today and I am on call...yucky combo.

ackiej25 02-20-2011 09:50 AM

Thank you all so much for your support. Today is significantly better and I think that I've turned the corner. I go for my first weigh in tomorrow so I'll keep you all posted.