Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   agave syrup vs. splenda (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/709713-agave-syrup-vs-splenda.html)

kayakindeb 02-12-2011 08:55 AM

agave syrup vs. splenda

Just wondering if anyone has tried agave syrup? I love the taste of it and it's supposed to have a low glycemic index. I hate stevia and splenda takes me out of ketosis. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if they are able to stay in ketosis with agave.
thanks
deb

Mary T8M 02-12-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayakindeb (Post 14371501)
Just wondering if anyone has tried agave syrup? I love the taste of it and it's supposed to have a low glycemic index. I hate stevia and splenda takes me out of ketosis. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if they are able to stay in ketosis with agave.
thanks
deb

I used to use it prior to Medi.....I really never checked to see if I was in ketosis or not. I'd check with my center and see what they have to say. My guess is if Splenda knocks you out the Agave would also......but that's just a guess. Let us know what your center says

Karla1960 03-31-2011 09:24 PM

I asked about this at my center, and they said no, it has carbs, they said stevia is what they like.

Mary T8M 04-01-2011 09:43 AM

long ago my center mentioned EZ Sweetz. I was thinking it was something else, so didn't even look into it, but then after reading on Netrition, and on the Main Lobby here at LCF I realized it's liquid Splenda. It was explained that the carbs in Splenda are from the fillers. I ordered the EZ Sweetz from Netrition, and so far really like it, especially since there are 0 carbs and no after taste. I also still use all the other sweetners (Stevia, Splenda, Truvia) it all just depends on my mood ;)

Baysidegal 04-03-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary T8M (Post 14523765)
long ago my center mentioned EZ Sweetz. I was thinking it was something else, so didn't even look into it, but then after reading on Netrition, and on the Main Lobby here at LCF I realized it's liquid Splenda. It was explained that the carbs in Splenda are from the fillers. I ordered the EZ Sweetz from Netrition, and so far really like it, especially since there are 0 carbs and no after taste. I also still use all the other sweetners (Stevia, Splenda, Truvia) it all just depends on my mood ;)

I will have to order some Mary. I never thought about the carbs in Splenda I use it all the time and have never been knocked out of Ketosis.

Mary T8M 04-04-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baysidegal (Post 14529869)
I will have to order some Mary. I never thought about the carbs in Splenda I use it all the time and have never been knocked out of Ketosis.

I don't think it did for me until this winter when I started drinking more chai tea and REALLY adding a lot of splenda!