Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Week 2: Stressed.

Hi there,
First let me say I'm so happy to of found this forum, I can't wait to get to know you all and share this journey with those on it as well.

Right now I'm only on day 2 of my second week. I did extremely well my first week as far as diet and what not, I stuck to it and thought for sure I'd hit ketosis with ease, well no. I tested after 4 days and I was as dark as possible.
And I've remained there since then. I'm drinking over a gallon of water a day and still testing dark.
If I wait a few hours after getting moving in the morning and test, it's lighter, but not in range Frustrating.
I lost only 4.5 pounds the first week and am now into week 2. I'm nervous about adding all these veggies. While they are an amazing treat, I'm nervous about the ketosis thing and to top it off...I ate 3 thin mints :/
I'm headed toward horrible results this week for sure!
I'm getting back up though, obviously I can't let myself just fail and not try to succeed, no one said it wasn't going to be a challenge.
I'm just mad at myself and frustrated.
I'm a stress eater so it's been a big battle trying to keep that under control.
Any one else have issues with this?
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
AudGirlOut

Hi girl! If you are worried about adding the veggies, maybe just do 1 serving to start, and see how this impacts your Ketosis. This is what my clinic recommended to me today. I took a week to get into ketosis. Today was actually the first day I tested (+) ketosis moderate. I'm starting week 2 today. 3 thin mints are not the end of the world, be thankful it wasn't an entire pack! No it's not going to be easy, but you aren't alone in your challenge. Everyone loses differently and at a different pace. Don't beat yourself up, because it's just going to add to your stress. Listen to your favorite song, and take a warm bath! That's a good stress buster too!
Swirveegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Thank you! <3

Good luck on your week!

Yea, I mentioned this to them when I went in for my week 1 follow-up but she wasn't to concerned about me testing dark. She said it happens in week one...yet they put a lot of emphasis on drinking water and testing, I dunno.
I'm going to cut out my diet soda (I have a couple in addition to my water.) and see if maybe that effects the results, and obviously not cheat, hello.

I acknowledged that the cravings came on fast and I had a hard time controlling them (or not) because I let myself sleep in today and went a long time with no calories at all and no vitamins, so once I woke up I was ravenous. Obviously I won't do that again :/
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAudGirlOut View Post
Thank you! <3

Good luck on your week!

Yea, I mentioned this to them when I went in for my week 1 follow-up but she wasn't to concerned about me testing dark. She said it happens in week one...yet they put a lot of emphasis on drinking water and testing, I dunno.
I'm going to cut out my diet soda (I have a couple in addition to my water.) and see if maybe that effects the results, and obviously not cheat, hello.

I acknowledged that the cravings came on fast and I had a hard time controlling them (or not) because I let myself sleep in today and went a long time with no calories at all and no vitamins, so once I woke up I was ravenous. Obviously I won't do that again :/
Hi and Welcome
FIRST read through the older posts especially this one Ketosis as well as the week one stuff if you haven't already.
Being in Ketosis is an interesting thing......some people NEVER show that they are in Ketosis when they are....that was my DH. Other people (me) always show no more than a small amount (usually trace) so if you know you're following the plan, and drinking all of your fluids then don't worry.
Come to the monthly threads to post. You'll get more people reading that and maybe get any questions answered faster......especially by the people who have done Medi longer and have more working knowledge of the plan
Again Welcome and we're glad you've started your journey.....you CAN do it
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Hi and Welcome
FIRST read through the older posts especially this one Ketosis as well as the week one stuff if you haven't already.
Being in Ketosis is an interesting thing......some people NEVER show that they are in Ketosis when they are....that was my DH. Other people (me) always show no more than a small amount (usually trace) so if you know you're following the plan, and drinking all of your fluids then don't worry.
Come to the monthly threads to post. You'll get more people reading that and maybe get any questions answered faster......especially by the people who have done Medi longer and have more working knowledge of the plan
Again Welcome and we're glad you've started your journey.....you CAN do it


Thanks so much for replying. Yea, I'm starting to think maybe I'm not one of those people who will get a good reading. BUT I'm going to cut out my diet soda for a week and see, then maybe get different sticks to see if that could be the issue. Granted my roommate is also going to medi and his ketones are always in check. *shrug*

Where is the monthly one you're talking about? I'm new and blind :blush:
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 89
Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAudGirlOut View Post
Thanks so much for replying. Yea, I'm starting to think maybe I'm not one of those people who will get a good reading. BUT I'm going to cut out my diet soda for a week and see, then maybe get different sticks to see if that could be the issue. Granted my roommate is also going to medi and his ketones are always in check. *shrug*

Where is the monthly one you're talking about? I'm new and blind :blush:
I was told not to drink dark diet sodas, only clear ones. And I only have about one a week, but I have noticed it makes my ketosis darker. Must be the chemicals. But do try leaving off drinking yours and see what happens! Good luck.
Ronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAudGirlOut View Post
Thanks so much for replying. Yea, I'm starting to think maybe I'm not one of those people who will get a good reading. BUT I'm going to cut out my diet soda for a week and see, then maybe get different sticks to see if that could be the issue. Granted my roommate is also going to medi and his ketones are always in check. *shrug*

Where is the monthly one you're talking about? I'm new and blind :blush:
I drink diet sodas, and at times I've had way too many I have not noticed any difference in ketones, but it is a good idea to try to drink mostly plain water

**Frolicking into Fabulous February with MWL** Each months thread will have the name of the current month in the subject line

Last edited by Mary T8M; 02-10-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Ronism, thank you for that. I wasn't told anything about the color...granted mine has left out a bit of things with me that they informed my roommate of, so maybe they told him, he's not of a soda drinker, more so sports drinks.

Mary, I'm a Mt Dew addict, I think I'm fully hooked...diet of course doesn't hit the same spot, but it'll have to do. I'm especially addicted to fountain ones, no idea what that's about. I've been doing good for me and only having 2-4 a day...still a lot I guess, but a huge improvement from before :/
And thank you for the link! I'll get the hang of things, swear :P
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
kelly4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 167
Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
For the first few months of Medi I always tested in very dark ketosis (next to last level), no matter how much water I was drinking. I wouldn't worry about it - everyone's body is different. Just follow the plan and let time do its thing.
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Thank you Kelly!
Yea, I'm just gonna try to let it go.
I did notice one of the things everyone was talking about finally happened...my pee stinks, gross!
I hadn't heard of that with Medi until reading this forum and sure as anything, I'm glad I read about it here first, ha.
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Gallery: TheAudGirlOut
Stats: 174/165/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 2/02/1011
Weighed in today, lost another 4.5.
TheAudGirlOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.