Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sheslostcontrol
Stats: 228.2/177.5/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/10
Trouble getting health insurance while taking phendimetrazine?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has experienced any trouble in acquiring a health insurance policy since starting on medi? I tried to get health insurance via ehealthinsurance. I just received my denial letter from Celtic because of my "prescription history", "specifically the use of medication for weightloss". On my application I was honest about going to medi and using an appetite suppressant. I thought they'd appreciate that I was taking steps to lose weight and become healthier.

I have also tried to get insurance via Blue Cross Blue Shield. I was able to get approved about a year ago (after fibbing a little on my weight). This time around though, I haven't heard a yes or a no, and it's been over a week...so I'm thinking it's going to be a no as well. :-(
sheslostcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
No experience here, just sympathy. I hate that insurance wants to punish you for something that will ultimately save them money. Ridiculous!
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I have insurance through my employer. Do you have that option? If so, I would apply for that..usually during October is the annual "sign up" time. Barring that, I have never heard of a health insurance company denying for "prescription" history. Guess it is possible though, however, I would be inclined to be calling them up directly.
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sheslostcontrol
Stats: 228.2/177.5/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/10
I opted to not get it through my employer last year, because I thought it was too expensive. I have been on a very strict budget! We are able to sign up again March 1st, but luckily I was just approved by BCBS of KC today! yay! The only bad thing is I just decided to move to TX at the end of March so now I need to find another carrier to switch to at that time, I just hope I don't have to go through this all again! But BCBS seems to be the way to go, even if it is $30 more a month in TX. :-(
sheslostcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote