Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ozzysmomma
Stats: 252.5/249.5/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Feb 2011

Hi all- My name is Erin and I am 24 and a college student in Central Florida. I have been overweight for the past 5 years and need to lose around 90lbs. I had my first visit last Tuesday, Feb 1.

I went in today for my second, as I cannot make it tomorrow, and I am only down three pounds. I am not pleased with this. I didnt expect too much more as my relationship with my long-term boyfriend ended a day after I started the program and I have been in a funk since. I refuse to give up, however, and did not give in and eat my usual cakes etc to feel better. I did, however, give in and eat a handful of nuts this weekend. I guess I am just looking for motivation to keep going! My doctor told me to continue for two more days on the first week plan of all protein and I plan on doing that before finally eating some veggies and fruit!!

Quick question: Do you who are now in maitenance eat any breads/pastas/cake etc. at all? I dont know if I can never ever have cake or pasta again!

Anyways, look forward to getting to know you all!!

-Erin
Ozzysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby19833
WOE: Living a Low Carb Lifestyle!
Stick with it!! Make sure you drink lots of water to that will help. I had a baby and when I was done nursing I started my low carb diet once again. I hate drinking water but I read it is essential on a low carb diet so I tried to drink 100oz a day and now I have started to lost weight. I also don't use a scale unless I go to the doctors, I use measurments. I have lost inchs before, but with no weight loss. I went two weeks without losing any weight but I lost 3 inchs around my waist!!
When it comes to food there are plenty of things you can eat. That is actually my number one piece of advice is find things you like to eat but in a low carb form. Netrition.com has a lot of good products. I love the Big Train Waffles which only have 7 net carbd and the low carb syrup has 1 carb. They taste just like regular waffles, my 5 year old loves them. He also likes the low carb choc chip cookies to which has about 3-4 carbs depending on how big you make them. The Dixie Carb Counter Bluberry muffins are really good, cant remember the carb count. Dreamfields pasta tastes just like the regular stuff, although I feel like it sets me back awhile so I try to only eat a couple times a month. It will satisfy your pasta craving. The biggest thing for me when it comes to sticking to my diet is finding those foods that other people eat all the time, just a healthier low carb form. The longer you are on a low carb diet, the more foods and recipies you will find. I have done low carb forever and the longer you do it, the easier it becomes. Low carb diets do work, but sometimes, like with any diet, you hit a wall and you have to push through to knock it down. I wish you the best of luck in losing those 90 pounds!! If you need any advice I am here for you!
Abby19833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Erin - Welcome, you will find lots of support here. My stats are very similar to yours, I was 259.6 when I started and my goal was to be a size 10, or about 165 lbs. I can say that in 8 months I did that, and now a month of maintenance I am actually a size 8, 159 lbs. YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS! This program works if you commit totally and completely, trust me.

Your question was about eating starches now - I am supposed to have 3-4 servings of starch per day based on my calorie intake (which gets determined with the calorimeter test when you hit maintenance). I have english muffins with egg beaters a lot for breakfast, brown rice, low carb pastas and breads, and yes - I do have cake sometimes too! Went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and shared a piece of cake with my 2 yr old....it tasted good, but not nearly as good as I remembered it tasting. It's now all about finding balance, still burning calories and making the right choices....but still having the occasional treat too.

There is a quote you'll see on here, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.....and it's true. Yes, that cake tasted good - but shopping and buying 8's or even sometimes 6's....feels so so so much better!

Hope that helped you!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Erin - Welcome, you will find lots of support here. My stats are very similar to yours, I was 259.6 when I started and my goal was to be a size 10, or about 165 lbs. I can say that in 8 months I did that, and now a month of maintenance I am actually a size 8, 159 lbs. YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS! This program works if you commit totally and completely, trust me.

Your question was about eating starches now - I am supposed to have 3-4 servings of starch per day based on my calorie intake (which gets determined with the calorimeter test when you hit maintenance). I have english muffins with egg beaters a lot for breakfast, brown rice, low carb pastas and breads, and yes - I do have cake sometimes too! Went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and shared a piece of cake with my 2 yr old....it tasted good, but not nearly as good as I remembered it tasting. It's now all about finding balance, still burning calories and making the right choices....but still having the occasional treat too.

There is a quote you'll see on here, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.....and it's true. Yes, that cake tasted good - but shopping and buying 8's or even sometimes 6's....feels so so so much better!

Hope that helped you!
And if I might add on to that..it is amazing when you wake up in the morning and not be paralyzed by wondering what in your closet will fit you. The best feeling is getting out of bed excited to look in your closet because you know that no matter what you put on it will fit... now that is a great feeling.

Christine
MaggieMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote