Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gerryhuck
ketosis

Hi,New to Medi weight loss this is the second week did not go into ketosis any reason loss 5.00lbs first week not eating anything only what suppose to.
gerryhuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryhuck View Post
Hi,New to Medi weight loss this is the second week did not go into ketosis any reason loss 5.00lbs first week not eating anything only what suppose to.
If you're only eating what is on the list, in the amounts that your clinic advised, AND you're losing weight, it could be a couple of things
#1 your Keto Sticks could be BAD.....there is a whole thread if I remember correctly about the cheapie Keto Sticks that Medi gives you. Remember DO NOT keep them any place (like a bathroom.....where you actually use them ) where moisture could get to them! Mine were OK for a while then suddenly one day I was no longer in Ketosis. After doing another week on protein only someone suggested I get new ketosticks....I bought some at CVS and that fixed the problem!
#2 Some people never SHOW that they are in Ketosis. My DH was one of those people. He has lost close to 100 pounds now but has never shown he was in Ketosis.....even a little. IF you read this thread it will help a LOT Ketosis

What has your clinic said? Be sure to bring up any concerns with them, and come back and join our monthly thread.....you'll probably get more answers there than posting a new thread. Everyone is VERY helpful here and will welcome you with open arms

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
I am a restart with mwl - hit day 4 today and tested for ketosis - came back negative. However, I did not test with first urination of the day - probably 3rd or 4th. I was told I could (indulge in) cottage cheese once in ketosis - think I need to wait another day, test first thing and then jump into cottage cheese?
changes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sydney66
Stats: 156
WOE: Low carb
I have learned that during that TOM the ketostix show no change. I don't know why though someone suggested it is the hormones etc. So if you are female, this could be the problem.

But hey - I would take a five pound loss with or without ketosis. I have been true to low carb for the past two and a half weeks. I lost 6.5 pounds, but in the past three days the scale has creeped back up 1.5 pounds. I have no idea why but it's times like this that I want to just go have a jelly donut and call it a day. In any case, I'm hanging in there. It gets discouraging but from reading this board apparently setbacks with ketosis, weight loss, etc. are so common they are almost the norm. Good luck.
sydney66 is offline   Reply With Quote