Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Well therer is good news and bad news.
The good News:I did lose weight- a measly .8 lbs.
The Bad News: I gained 2.lbs of water!!
Good News: Lost 3.6lbs of fat.
Bad News(kind of) gained 2.8lbs of muscle.

I know the last isn't bad, but I can't get past the number on the scale and all the numbers are making my head spin. So feeling a bit dejected. I am Sooo hungry, I can't imagine going through this losing only .8lbs a week. I know it is in the right direction, and she was very careful to explain it all to me because I was very upset. She also said that working out, weights and running etc. can hold the extra water for up to 72 hours!!
Trish
Trish -- Congrats -- you lost fat! And next week it will be better reflected on the scale! I love the Tanita that breaks it down for you, so you know that you are on the right track. And you are! Building muscle is great -- more muscle means it's easier to burn even more fat in the future! It speeds up your metabolism, makes you look good and feel good. Before Medi I'm pretty sure that I could have gained .8 of a pound of fat on a good (bad) day. But you LOST 4 1/2 times that! Water will come and go -- look at the important stuff and start off this next week on the right foot!
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Got your new recipe, Mary -- sounds yummy!

BTW. LOVED the califlower crust pizza tonight!
~Roni
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Shelly - you are so right! I couldn't belive these old, negative feelings surfaced again after so long. This reminds of something I read

'Even a widely successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart. Spiritual hunger can never be solved on the physical level.'

I got on the scale this morning and I'm at 198.8!!!!!! I'm not changing my stat until it's official, when I get the onderland reading on the Medi scale. My home scale is right on target with the clinic, I'm so looking forward to next week's weight -in!

Btw my son did his confirmation today, we are so proud of him!
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Determined Gemini ! Congratulations on onederland!!! Whoo, whooo!!

BTW: did you get this quote from "Made to Crave"? You wrote: 'Even a widely successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart. Spiritual hunger can never be solved on the physical level.'

This might sound kind of "heavy" but here are some thoughts I've had today: It does make it hard to have old stress habits of comfort foods that I fall back onto when what I'd really RATHER do is keep up the good exercise and growth in the Lord times and find little time for myself in my schedule but can't or don't! I've had a wonderful discipline lately of waking up and reading a new Bible I have call the Life Recovery Bible, it's written with comments in there about behaviors we want to get rid of, including the addiction to food! It helps to give myself grace and see how I've added shame into that behavior and makes me just feel worse. Wow...so many people in the Old Testament were fooled for immediate gratification due to food...we laugh at their stories but God is showing me that I can be so quick to lie to myself about food too. Thankfully it's probably not going to have the huge ramifications of influencing the nation of people that are in the generations after me on a political and peace negotions kind of way. However, the choices that I make when I chose to disobey God's leading do influence my trust in Him (shame) and make it easier for me to lie to myself that it wasn't important. Casting the Light of TRUTH on it shows me that I had a hurt and that I was trying to comfort myself in that hurt...the grace comes that I need to love hurting self enough to treat my body with respect because I know that it belongs to God. It can be a vicious cycle of wanting to do well, followed by failing to do well, followed by self-loathing (which Satan just loves), followed by hopelessness, followed by a decision to be legalistic, followed by failure (because legalism is NOT grace!). But in reading God's Word we see that He is SO patient...He has a plan....He just wants us to acknowledge Him in our lives and be sensitive to His leading!! Look at Esau who sold his entire birthright, for a bowl of stew! Then look at Rachel (Jacob's wife) who told her sister Leah that it was fine for her to sleep with her (their) husband because she (Rachel) just really, really wanted some mandrakes (is that some kind of date or something?) But seriously....I will be fine, going about my day, then something is set out in front of me, or somebody invites me to eat such and such, and it's like "choose to eat my way of eating? what way of eating? Oh I'll get back to that tomorrow!" Probably stew and mandrakes aren't bad THINGS for the body, but the thing is that they (Esau and Rachel) both knew what they were tempted and didn't ask God for help, or ask God for His timing of what they would eat "when", or ask God anything! It was about "me...food...want....now"!!! God is so faithful to teach us if we but just submit ourselves to Him! (I'm writing this down also so that I'll read it myself!!)
Hope you have a blessed weekend.
Be God's!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-19-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Swirveegrl and Roni thank you so much for the encouragement. I did feel sorry for myself and endulged in 2 glasses of wine last night... Ugh! I am paying for it today. Make that one thing you definitely can't do on Medi. I am back on track and so thankful for everyone here. I was tempted not to post this because I was feeling bad about falling off the program, but then I realized how much I have been encouraged by others picking themselves up after setbacks. Anyway, I am going to complete this with all of you fabulous people, we can do this!!
Deb, I don't think that was too heavy. I am doing a Study now called "Me Myself and Lies". I forget the woman's name (Rothschild is the last name), and she talks about how we tear ourselves down and tell ourselves things we would never ever say to anyone else. She talks about our "thought closet" and how we fill it with lies, and how God wants to change that. She also mentions in the beginning how we have over 150k thoughts per day, and many of those are lies we tell ourselves (I could never do that, I won't succeed", "I can't change", "I'm not important" etc.) and how we can change our harsh self-criticism to truths (I am loved, With God I can face anything).
BarbedWire, I have been going to Chelmsford, but it is a bit of a hike, and I HATE 495! Do you like Wakefield? how close to the highway is it?

Trish.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

This has nothing to do with weightloss (although I think my laughing helped tighten up my abs!), but I've gotta ask if anyone else has ever had their CAT fall into their swimming pool. So . . . ?

LOL Ours did tonight. We had the door open to the lanai and I heard scrambling and she tore in -- skidding around corners, ran through the kitchen twice and was headed to my bed when I finally caught her. I had to wring out her tail and legs and towel her off for quite awhile. She was wetter than after her shower. Poor kitty. Sure wish we had it on tape, though -- AFV and I want to know what happened to make her fall in! So . . . has that ever happened to anyone else?
~Roni
Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
So completely lethargic today...but I know it will pass. I'm on call and am praying it won't be terrible, but I can always take a nap at the hospital. The nice thing about ultrasound rooms, they are normally warm and dark.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenriderrdh
Stats: 200/193/140
WOE: Amerithin, low carb
Start Date: Mid feb 2011
Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and I'm new! I am not using MWL, but Amerithin, which basically is the same thing. AT must be new, because I can't find any support forums anywhere! So...can I tag along with you ladies?

I had my int'l visit Friday. It was hard, because it's not like me to spend this amount of money on myself, but I'm worth it, and my girls and husband are worth it. I have battled weight my whole life. I have hypothyroidism and insulin resistance, and I am ready to defeat this battle!

I hope y'all will have me! I've been lurking for a couple of days and I see that you are an amazing bunch of women and would love to get to know you all!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Deb, I am sorry to hear about your pains! Hope the x-rays come back ok! I am really getting into the running. I am on day 3 of week 6 and it is going well! A friend of mine (my age actually) has terrible knees and was told by her doctor to stop running. So she got one of those 3 wheeled bikes where you kind of lean back and its low to the ground (I really don't know what its called, lol). She absolutely loves it and it doesn't hurt her knee at all. There are some great places to ride it around here.

Roni - I don't have a cat... but I do have a small (18lb) cockapoo (cocker and poddle mix)who "accidentally" falls in the pool. She loves the water and when I won't throw a ball in for her to get (thereby giving her an "excuse" to get in the water) she will mess around on the deck and eventually knock the ball into the water. Then she will get anxious and whine and act like it is a tragedy the ball is in the water. Eventually she will decide she has to sacrifice herself to save the ball and in she goes (tail wagging the whole time). Its pretty funny to watch... I don't know who she thinks she is fooling. :-)

Anyways, Lately my eating hasn't been great... a few indulgences here and there. I have been out of ketosis for a few weeks and I think that is what triggers my little overeating parties. However, I am still losing and feeling good. I have been running 3x per week with the c25k thing and playing a good 2-3 hours of double volleyball on the weekend (the boyfriend even commented last weekend on how well am moving on the court and a girlfriend called me after a game last week to tell me how I looked more and more toned each week :-) ). On weekdays I each within the calorie limits (500-700cal)and within the carb limits as though I was in ketosis (<25g carb)... I keep wanting to get back into ketosis but at the same time... I am still making progress... I am not sure if I should just keep the path and limit the carbs to <25 or go back to week one to get into ketosis. I am significantly increased my physical activity since starting Medi in November so I wonder if I can handle the week one carb levels.... I go in to the clinic on tuesdau for my weigh in (I go in every two weeks now). I know they will probably tell me to get back to ketosis...

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 02-20-2011 at 07:24 AM..
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
I am not sure if I should just keep the path and limit the carbs to <25 or go back to week one to get into ketosis. I am significantly increased my physical activity since starting Medi in November so I wonder if I can handle the week one carb levels.... I go in to the clinic on tuesdau for my weigh in (I go in every two weeks now). I know they will probably tell me to get back to ketosis...
Cuuuute about your dog....I'd love to see that!

Anyway even IF you go back to week 1 (no carbs) you MAY find that you no longer "show" that you are in ketosis.......That doesn't mean you're NOT, it MAY just mean that you're now "burning" those ketones.

DH was so overweight when we started, with his calories being restricted so severly he was burning EVERYTHING. I'm sure if you're still losing they will not push for you to restrict your carbs. It will be interesting to see what they say on Tuesday
Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Deb, I am sorry to hear about your pains! Hope the x-rays come back ok! I am really getting into the running. I am on day 3 of week 6 and it is going well! A friend of mine (my age actually) has terrible knees and was told by her doctor to stop running. So she got one of those 3 wheeled bikes where you kind of lean back and its low to the ground (I really don't know what its called, lol). She absolutely loves it and it doesn't hurt her knee at all. There are some great places to ride it around here.

Roni - I don't have a cat... but I do have a small (18lb) cockapoo (cocker and poddle mix)who "accidentally" falls in the pool. She loves the water and when I won't throw a ball in for her to get (thereby giving her an "excuse" to get in the water) she will mess around on the deck and eventually knock the ball into the water. Then she will get anxious and whine and act like it is a tragedy the ball is in the water. Eventually she will decide she has to sacrifice herself to save the ball and in she goes (tail wagging the whole time). Its pretty funny to watch... I don't know who she thinks she is fooling. :-)

Anyways, Lately my eating hasn't been great... a few indulgences here and there. I have been out of ketosis for a few weeks and I think that is what triggers my little overeating parties. However, I am still losing and feeling good. I have been running 3x per week with the c25k thing and playing a good 2-3 hours of double volleyball on the weekend (the boyfriend even commented last weekend on how well am moving on the court and a girlfriend called me after a game last week to tell me how I looked more and more toned each week :-) ). On weekdays I each within the calorie limits (500-700cal)and within the carb limits as though I was in ketosis (<25g carb)... I keep wanting to get back into ketosis but at the same time... I am still making progress... I am not sure if I should just keep the path and limit the carbs to <25 or go back to week one to get into ketosis. I am significantly increased my physical activity since starting Medi in November so I wonder if I can handle the week one carb levels.... I go in to the clinic on tuesdau for my weigh in (I go in every two weeks now). I know they will probably tell me to get back to ketosis...
Charlie, it is imperative to be in ketosis so that you will be burning fat for energy and not lean muscle especially since you are doing a lot of physical activity. If your Tanita results show that you are losing fat, even though your ketosis strips don't - that's OK. From my experience I also indulged a few times throughout my weight loss and that kicked my out of ketosis. Every time when that happened I made sure I went on strict week one for about 4, sometimes 5 days and that put me back to ketosis (even trace is a good showing) and I saw a huge fat mass loss. I don't have to tell you that it is important not to lose lean muscle so that to not slow down your metabolism.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deshaye70
Stats: 269/245.8/165
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningchai View Post
Just got back from my week 3 weigh in. Lost another 3.6lbs!

I told them about this website and how great it has been (including the recipes) and they had never heard about it! One girl said she's going to make a flier to hand out letting people know.
Congratulations on your week 3 loss! I just finished week 5...and I'm down 23.2 pounds!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deshaye70
Stats: 269/245.8/165
Start Date: January 2011
hi Everyone!

Hello, Everyone!
I just got caught up on all the posts since I posted last week. You ladies have been BUSY! I am definitely going to have to check things out more than once or twice per week!

Congratulations to all with their weigh-ins from this past week. I've been cheering you all on! Mine was ALOT better than I thought...3 more pounds down and 23.2 pounds lost so far!

Welcome to Jenriderrdh! You'll find so much support here!

Okay...so I confess...I haven't been doing much exercising except for walking. I really have to start doing more than that. I SO want to be able to wear something sleeveless in the summertime. My dear hubby got me the Wii Active 2 to help me...and it's been in the box for 3 weeks. I just find it so hard to do anything when I get home from work...and I already get up at 5 am for work...and every minute of that time is getting ready, eating breakfast, packing lunch, etc. How do you all work a workout in?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
All this talk about POOLS is making me JEALOUS!

You fortunate Floridians, I'm jealous I've never seen a cat fall into a pool but I'm sure it's HILARIOUS! I have a Miniature Doberman Pinscher and I sometimes call her CATdog, because she has nothing but utter disdain for the water. She's a freak of nature I suppose, or possibly it's because she is a short haired dog.
I went out to eat last night at Longhorns Steak House YAY! I really enjoyed it too. I didn't cheat, well other than probably eating too many vegetables helpings, but I am still in ketosis. The bread basket, wasn't even a temptation. My husband ate it, he is skinny as a string bean, so I'm happy to see him eat anything! It's really amazing that when you detox your palate from all of the processed, sugary foods you actually taste the FOOD again. I thoroughly enjoyed my small side salad with iceberg lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, red onion, and sprinked with shredded cheese, topped off with simple oil & vinegar and cracked pepper. It tasted awesome! I had the filet, served with steamed broccoli, and even better than that is I didn't feel COMAtose after I ate. I felt satisfied, and energized! It was exciting for me. I'm so used to overeating when I go out, and feeling like I need to take a nap afterwards. This helped me to realize that although carbs taste good, they are not my friend. Anything that makes me feel exhausted after eating it, can't possibly be good for me?!?!?!
I made a cinammon strusel quick bread for my dad this morning, because he loves it with his morning coffee. I wasn't the least bit tempted to taste it! I hope I can keep up this attitude. I packed up the rest of it, and sent it home with him!
Fit2010 and TrishI enjoyed reading your thoughts, and "heavy" conversation. People are so complex. It's amazing to me the mechanisms we develop to cope with life, and why those things being comforts (like food). This WOE really causes you to evaluate your behavior, and ask yourself why do I want that, and why does that food have so much control over me, when I feel so much better without it? Will power and self control are truly obstacles that have plagued us all since creation. I think gaining control over what you put into your body, truly is a serious step into reaching Self Actualization ("the full realization of one's potential"). I try to remind myself that miracles, are not necessarily always things that God makes happen; but more like, being given the opportunities to MAKE it happen. Everyone may not share that same perspective, and that's ok; just sharing some of my "heavy" thinking
to all the new people! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I wish it wasn't almost over
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Trish, I do like Wakefield and it's right off 128. The two counselors I see are very nice and helpful. I have never met the doctor and only seen the nurse practitioner on my first day, but I am pretty healthy and not had any need to meet with them. I have also found that the other clients I meet in the waiting room are very nice and supportive and I really enjoy talking to them.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

I spoke WAAAAY too soon. Yesterday and last night were horrible. It is amazing just how badly they can wipe you out on call in 24 hours. On a positive note...I noticed the thigh portion of my pants were no longer snug walking through the hospital!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Barbwired, I may try it for the midweek injection to see what it is like. I usually take the time after getting those or after the weigh in to do something for myself, like go to a coffeeshop for an hour to myself or get a pedicure. So I don't dread it the weigh in as much. It's like getting a reward after (just getting an hour for the luxury of reading a few chapters in a novel or the study I was talking about is huge!), but the long drive to Chelmsford (a nice town, who knew? I thought it was part of Lowell) takes away that time I carve for myself on Tuesdays and Fridays, I spend most of it in the car. Anyway I am rambling. Kids are home this week, I am going to find it hard to execise, time to pull out the Biggest Loser DVDs!
Had a great burger today, I made ground chicken patties with grated swiss, cooked chopped mushrooms and a few caramelized onions(all mixed into the pattie and there are 3 more for later), then sauteed spinach and more mushrooms to go over it and had it with whole grain mustard. I calculated only 170 calories for each one with 2 carbs total, 8 grams of fat (for those who are counting).
Roni, I have a cat and I can imagine how funny that must have looked, cats and water Don't mix! Our year old "kitten" has experienced her first (of several) snows this year. At first she didn't know what to make of it and would try to attack it through the window. We've had so much this year it's really funny watching her pick her way through it (and get stuck in it too), when she is outside she also tries to eat it, jumps at it when it is falling from the sky (to try to catch it??), and now that it is hardened she walks on top of it and often slips off the mounds, but then tries to pretend nothing happened, "what are you looking at??" She wails to go out in it now!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Barbwired, I may try it for the midweek injection to see what it is like. I usually take the time after getting those or after the weigh in to do something for myself, like go to a coffeeshop for an hour to myself or get a pedicure. So I don't dread it the weigh in as much. It's like getting a reward after (just getting an hour for the luxury of reading a few chapters in a novel or the study I was talking about is huge!), but the long drive to Chelmsford (a nice town, who knew? I thought it was part of Lowell) takes away that time I carve for myself on Tuesdays and Fridays, I spend most of it in the car. Anyway I am rambling. Kids are home this week, I am going to find it hard to execise, time to pull out the Biggest Loser DVDs!
Had a great burger today, I made ground chicken patties with grated swiss, cooked chopped mushrooms and a few caramelized onions(all mixed into the pattie and there are 3 more for later), then sauteed spinach and more mushrooms to go over it and had it with whole grain mustard. I calculated only 170 calories for each one with 2 carbs total, 8 grams of fat (for those who are counting).
Roni, I have a cat and I can imagine how funny that must have looked, cats and water Don't mix! Our year old "kitten" has experienced her first (of several) snows this year. At first she didn't know what to make of it and would try to attack it through the window. We've had so much this year it's really funny watching her pick her way through it (and get stuck in it too), when she is outside she also tries to eat it, jumps at it when it is falling from the sky (to try to catch it??), and now that it is hardened she walks on top of it and often slips off the mounds, but then tries to pretend nothing happened, "what are you looking at??" She wails to go out in it now!

Trish, your burgers sound yummy and your kitten must be adorable! She likes the snow? Wow. As they get older the pets aren't quite as much entertaiment, but Saturday made up for a lot. Poor kitty, I'm so bad -- I laugh whenever I think about it.

Love your idea of doing something nice for yourself after your weigh-in. And looking forward to non-caloric rewards would be a good habit for me to develop!
~Roni
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Trish and Roni - I've enjoyed your kitty stories! My remaining cat is now 17 1/2 years old and is spoiled ROTTEN (especially since his "brother" died just after Thanksgiving). I wanted to make sure he'd continue to eat and drink after Scout's passing, so I put out a bowl of food in the basement and in the kitchen for Storm, and initially I even gave him meat baby food. I'm glad he's stayed healthy. He's gotten to where I have to make a puddle in the bathtub so he has "fresh" water....up to 6 times a day! BTW he has 3 bowls of daily fresh water throughout the house, but that's not sufficient, no! He gets to complaining sometimes like "Mom, MOM, MAAAWWWMMM!!!" Saturday night he woke me up 9 times during the night. Makes me wonder sometimes if he has Alzheimers or something. He's perfectly "able" and has no problems with seeing, hearing, or obviously talking!! I'm nervous about leaving him when considering going up to see my youngest DD in a month for a couple days; and then again in August for oldest DD wedding out of state! I'd hate to kennel him....that would probably be even more stressful for him! But, last time I left him (other than to go to work) was when we went to see youngest DD in KS City area for 3 days and came home with Scout being sick for the next few days and his passing about 5 days later. As a kitty person I thought I'd just share my story too....he's such a main part of my life. I love him! He's always entertaining too!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Hey all! I've been on vacation and trying to catch up so this is my first day on the site this month!
Snowboarding Vail was FANTASTIC! I was able to board 5 days without getting tired - LOVE being at a healthy weight!
Last week was a whirlwind... first Valentines and then my birthday the following Wed. I had a great week! 32 years old, and in the best shape of my life... music to my ears!

I'm glad I don't have too much left on the calendar. It's time to slow down I lowered my goal, but should hit the new goal in the new few weeks!

Keep up the good work!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Thanks for the comments, Mary and Irina,

Unfortunately I am not in any ketosis at all, and it isn't because I am excercising alot and just not showing it.. I haven't been following week 1 to get back into ketosis. I have been too lax lately... getting out of ketosis and then not reverting to week one to get back in. I have not been terrible by any means, but I need to step it up a notch to get into ketosis. then i can revert back to my NEW "old" ways and keep in under 25 carbs.

I suspect that not being in ketosis is also the reason i am hungry... grrrrr

I just need to kick myself in the butt for a few days and turn the stupid stick purple, lol. :-)

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 02-21-2011 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
I haven't been posting much lately- life has gotten way too hectic and stressful(good stress-selling our home,buying a new one, upcoming vacation to plan for, etc) but the good news is that I am still hanging in! Went for my fourth weigh in and lost another 2.6 lbs this week for a total of 11.5 lbs in 4 weeks. For anyone else doing MWL this is a week one loss- but for me it's the norm! Lost 3.0, 3.3, 2.6, 2.6 and 9.5 lbs was fat! Yes, clothes are feeling much looser! I am feeling so much better eating this way! And I am not craving sweets or any other starchy things. Have been keeping up with the exercise as well! Yay!

Have missed connecting with some of my newbie buddies - swirvee and Trish- your burgers sound wonderful...I will try and get on here more often to check in!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Oh Em Gee, I forgot how hard the first week is! I have no energy and I am on call again tonight. Ugh!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Katie congratulations! I am at the same weight loss amount as you, and I had a "big" loss the first week, moderate the second and then barely a nudge on the scale for the third. Wow!!! 9.5 lbs of fat is amazing!!
Shelley, the first week IS horrible! Probably made all the harder since you are working late and crazy hours. Hang in there! We are all here for you! And you CAN do this!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Deb, I don't think that was too heavy. I am doing a Study now called "Me Myself and Lies". I forget the woman's name (Rothschild is the last name), and she talks about how we tear ourselves down and tell ourselves things we would never ever say to anyone else. She talks about our "thought closet" and how we fill it with lies, and how God wants to change that. She also mentions in the beginning how we have over 150k thoughts per day, and many of those are lies we tell ourselves (I could never do that, I won't succeed", "I can't change", "I'm not important" etc.) and how we can change our harsh self-criticism to truths (I am loved, With God I can face anything).

Trish.
Hi Trish,
Is this a book you ordered, accessible from a regular bookstore? I like the title and the purpose of the book. We are truly so much harder on ourselves than we need to be, then we try to make ourselves feel better sometimes (at least I do) with a sweet treat, vicious cycle....not at all beneficial!
Debbie
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley,
I'm doing week one again right now too! Want to post on the Energy In/Energy Out thread? We both have the crazy schedule....I'll be praying for you, friend!
Debbie
Old 02-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beachsideguy
Stats: 220.6/198.4/175
Start Date: 2/17/11
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great info. I started last Thursday and have my first weigh in on Thursday/Friday.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
WoooHOOOOO!! Week 2 Weigh-in: Lost another 5 pounds--all fat! Total of 13 pounds in 2 weeks!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I haven't been here in what seems like forever. It's been a crazy couple of months, some good but mostly not so good. Anyway, I went for my montly maintance check on last Friday and was up 5lbs. That's the first time I have been up, so I wasn't too bothered by it. I am running a half marathon on Sunday (totally excited but totally nervous), so she doesn't want me to do anything different that the regular maintance eating right now, but after my race we will talk about what I want to do about those 5lbs. And in all honesty I'd really like to lose another 5lbs or so on top of that. My original medi goal was 135lbs, but I got down to 131lbs and was happy with that, but my ultimate goal was to see the 120's again I just never thought it was possible. But now I think I might want to do that. So I am holding right around 136 right now, and would LOVE to see 128lb.

So just wanted to pop on after a LONG time away. I will do my best to post more. And I will try and go back and see how you guys have been doing.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Lins, great to hear from you.

I hope to post more too - this is my promise to myself.
Great seeing familiar faces again!
Closed Thread