Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Swirveegrl - thank you for that recipe, will definitely be trying it. My husband and 2 kids love green beans....but steaming them is getting pretty boring!

Question for you - you mentioned a tough time fitting in your fruit and veggies....are you doing 3 servings? I know for myself, and most others on here, it was always 2 servings - either 2 veggies or 1 veggie and 1 fruit. My best results were always when I limited my fruit and stuck more with veggies. Plus, fruit always seemed to trigger a sweet tooth!

Mary - yeah!!! Good for you! I received the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred from Netflix right befo leaving on vacation, I am excited to try it when I get back.....but everyone has told me how sore they are.....must mean it works! :-)

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Hi everyone, I am what you call a thread stocker, I have been reading a little about the program, and have been wanting to join MWL, but trying to get the funds together. I had a question for anyone who goes to the Cranston, RI office and how they felt about it and the info/support that they get. I have read about some people having a not so good experience at their clinic. Just wanting to know what to expect there.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I have ALWAYS been one of the least active people I knew..........NO MORE When I started Medi (MANY months ago....actually too long ago) I thought I was really doing great being able to walk 1.5 miles........today I walked 7.5 miles at the average pace of an 18 minute mile.....PLUS I walked up and over the causeway (.75 mile each) FOUR times! That is 2 more times over the causeway than I usually do! Bill says the causeway is at least a 15% incline, so I'm pretty thrilled!

I plan on doing the 30 day SHRED again today, all though I'm pretty stiff and sore from doing it yesterday! I have NO upper body strength, so things like push-ups are killer.......my goal is to be able to do REAL push-ups!

The OTHER great thing is that I've lost another pound! Only 2 more pounds to my NEXT mini goal!
That is awesome, Mary! Isn't it great to see those healthy changes coming alive! I'll have to try SHRED and see if I survive. LOL Don't skip a day until you are used to it and not sore -- it only gets worse on day two!
Have a great day!
~Roni
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
To be MEDI compliant, my valentine and I stayed in. I made a delicious LowCarb Valentine's Dinner (beef tenderloin, sauteed shrimp, fire cracker green beans). I did over indulge in the beef tenderloin (3oz), but I'm not going to beat myself up. I only exceeded my protein calories by 95 calories for the day. I think I may have eaten too many steamed green beans though, 1 cup steamed! I hope all of you were able to avoid the usual chocolates, and sweets that this day brings!
I have the MEDI chocolate protein powder. My problem is that I don't know what to mix it with. I tried to mix it with CHOBANI yogurt, but it was way to sour. Any suggestions?
I've made a couple of chocolate protein smoothies using one scoop of the protein (not the Medi brand, so I'll let you figure out the calories and carbs) and 1 Cup of unsweetened almond milk, a 1/4 frozen strawberries, a dash of vanilla and a tsp of splenda. It's the only way I've ever actually enjoyed drinking protein. I have to call it a "smoothie" rather than a shake -- it's psychological!

I flavor the Chobani as a "dessert" sometimes. Adding a little Splenda, vanilla and almond extract makes me feel like I'm having something decadent.
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divadeb View Post
I've got a weird genetic disorder (hemochromatosis) that effects my ability to absorb iron, so I'm supposed to avoid it.

Welcome back! My husband has hemochromatosis, so I know all about that. Glad to see you back. You're not the first person, (me included) to fall off the wagon and you won't be the last. The main thing is that you're starting again. Good for you!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Hey Everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA. We're building a house right now and we live on the property we're building on, so the doorbell and phone are ringing from sunup to sundown. My time is not my own right now. LOL Anyway, just wanted to say I caught up on the threads and it looks like everyone is doing great. Mary, I'm sorry for the loss of your ex-SIL and I'm sorry for everyone that has been sick.

I had my 3 week weigh-in today and I'm down 14 lbs. It's been challenging to be so busy and stick with the program, but I've been doing it. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope you have a great rest of the week and weekend.

P.S. I hope I hit ONEderland next week! WOOHOOOO!!

~*~The next month is going to pass by in a flash and you can either gain, stay the same or lose. Which one is it going to be?~*~

Old 02-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Unbelievable week 2 weigh in

I am shocked that I lost another -5.5lbs (3.5fat/2.0water) This is amazing!!!! Thank You Medi Gods
Keri- You are right I had the servings screwed up, thank goodness I didn't do that because, I would have been majorly disappointed this morning I'm sure. But I do need to try to incorporate the 2 servings (total) into my daily diet better I believe, for the fiber and vitamins/minerals. I hope you enjoy the recipe they truly are yummy green beans prepared this way.
Ronism- Thanks for the protein "smoothie" idea. I am now allowed to have almond milk thank GOD I'm one of those people that loves creamy things! I just made a "smoothie" with 1 scoop MEDI chocolate whey, 1 container carbmaster strawberry yogurt, and 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 packet splenda, and ice. YUMMY! I needed a protein packed meal, because I hadn't eaten all day!! It sure is Delicious!
Today is a BEAUTFUL day in Richmond, VA it's 72 right now! I really needed this weather! I love having the windows open! I hope everyone is having a great day, I you all for being here to chat with, and offer support. No one knows what it's like to battle with weight, and will power unless they have been through it themselves! Take Care!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Congratulations Swirveegrl! Is this your second weigh in? We are having good weather here too, but not as nice as VA (I used to live in Fairfax and loved the short winters there), we are in the high 50's and supposed to get into 60's tomorrow-yay
The next few days are going to be hard ones for me, going to a show tonight (opening of Mary Poppins) and the melting pot is giving away food (fondue-anything with cheese is my weakness), and then catering a dinner for 26 tomorrow night. I am making the desserts right now-HELP!
Must. Focus. On. Goal.
I know how hard it is to fit those workouts in. I started a workout journal that I got at Barnes and Noble. It has me write my goals on it, weights lifted, aerobic workout and for how long, resting heart rate, food eaten. I found the medi notebook not big enough for all I wanted to put in, and this has helped me with my workouts.
Here is something I read and I am wondering if it is true that if you are weighing in you should not work out before because of lactic acid buildup. It will show up as retained water. Anyway, I am waiting until after my weigh in to run tomorrow, which puts a cramp in my schedule.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Second weigh in

Trish- Yes, my second week! Today is the start of week 3. I've heard the same thing, regarding not exercising before weighing in. I think I heard it at the gym actually. Be strong while fixing all of those deserts! Drink plenty of fluids, and make sure you have protein on board! I'm using the appetite supressant, so that really helps me not want sweets. I think you said before that you weren't? I really like it. I have absolutely NO side effects, thankfully. I've taken products in the past that always gave me racing heart. I haven't experienced any of that with phendimetrizene.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Medi family it's one of those days when the emotional eating it trying to kick in. I got so very angry this morning and it has been a uphill battle to not go to the vending machine and get something sweet. I am trying so hard to deal with this and I just don't know if I can. I need something to comfort me right now. I keep reminding myself that I've lost 25 pounds on the way to 85 and to not mess it up but the old habits are knocking at my door. HELP!!!! How do you handle hurt, anger, frustration, pain, etc?????
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Betty don't do it!

I feel your pain! This happened to me Tuesday! I was having the most horrific, irritating, annoying day! I'm sorry! Hang on, you can beat it! Drink a zero calorie crystal light, soda, anything!! Have some protein, go into the bathroom lock the door and say every explative you can think of!Remember, that you will only feel worse if you entertain the vending machine! It's not going to make you feel any better! Try to fit some exercise in if you can today, it's a natural endorphin(makes you feel happy)! We are rooting for you, all of us know exactly how you feel!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 02-17-2011 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
I've been MIA on the post since my son and I have been so sick. Funny thing is when I do come back, I have to go back to my last post and read all the new post to get caught up before I can post I know it's silly but if I don't, I feel like I've skipped a chapter or two.
I really have to get around and try some of the recipes. I'm bored having the same thing over and over again but it's because I'm the worst cook ever. I have the next few days off and hope to try a few things and finally place my first order to Netrition.

Congrats to everyone who lost and welcome to all the new members.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm very nervous. Not going crazy about meeting my mini goal but of course I would love too :blush: this flu really kick my behind for longer than I thought. All week my goal was to go to the gym but never did, hoping I do make it to spin class tomorrow.

On a different note I have to say how much loser all my clothes are fitting! Like many I have a wide selection of sizes in my closets ranging from 20 to 8 but I don't want to buy anything new until I hit my final goal! I want that to be my big prize
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
I am doing the C25K program (on Deb's suggestion as well). I am now on week 6 :-)

I use the podcasts and either run on a treadmill (if they aren't all occupied in my apartment complex gym) or outside if it isn't dark, rainy and cold. the podcasts are great because I don't have to think about anything. I just run/walk when it tells me to :-) I don't know who the Robert Ulrey person is, but I-tunes had free downloads for Podrunner intervals podcasts from DJ Beatsmith.
Charlie and Trish - I'm so glad that the suggestion for C25K has been beneficial for you two!! Guess what? I'm older than both of you, have had intermittent low back pain for years and years, but wanted to get fit and myself heard of the C25K program from another LCF friend here almost a year ago, started jogging in April, and just 2 days ago in a visit to my personal MD about left sacro-iliac and left hip pain intermittently, he tells me I need to STOP jogging. Harumph! I love the mindlessness of jogging, even if it's at a slow pace. But he says the bouncing is not good for ME...and my dad and mom have developed degenerative joint disease in the past 10 years. We'll see....I'm waiting til I hear back on the xrays he had taken. Hmmmm....
Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Just randomness...I had my previous computer and a set schedule when I started MWL and was able to track everything and it gave me a sense of control. Through the past few months we have gone through my daughter's Cotillion, job changes, a new computer, etc...

So I lost track of where I was and started gaining a little weight back. I noticed when my pants started tightening up again. SO here I am, back with the program...I set up my weigh in for Friday and I set my new computer up with ******, a notepad on the desktop to see my weight every time I turn it on, and I put a link to LCF on my toolbar. All these little things gave me a sense of control and constant reminders of what I was doing. When I didn't have them it was out of sight out of mind. My class for this semester ends this week and I will have more time to really work through this.

Good luck to all of you...and thanks for your support...I will need it...I was only 1/2 way through my weight loss when I slipped, now I need to make it the rest of the way.

Shelley
Shelley, I've missed you!!! Last I knew, we were all upset with you after your special canine friend/family member had passed away, and you were getting ready to go on vacation. I'm glad you're back!!! Stick with it and you'll get to goal!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Charlie and Trish - I'm so glad that the suggestion for C25K has been beneficial for you two!! Guess what? I'm older than both of you, have had intermittent low back pain for years and years, but wanted to get fit and myself heard of the C25K program from another LCF friend here almost a year ago, started jogging in April, and just 2 days ago in a visit to my personal MD about left sacro-iliac and left hip pain intermittently, he tells me I need to STOP jogging. Harumph! I love the mindlessness of jogging, even if it's at a slow pace. But he says the bouncing is not good for ME...and my dad and mom have developed degenerative joint disease in the past 10 years. We'll see....I'm waiting til I hear back on the xrays he had taken. Hmmmm....
Debbie, I think I am in the same boat, unfortunately. I got to the point of easily running for 4 miles and after that every time I felt pain in the left side around hip. I did not know what to think of it, thought it is muscle pain but my DIL (she is occupational therapist) told me that this is probably hip joint and told me not to run. Damn! And I am home bound now after foot surgery and have to move around by jumping on that same leg! Aside from stop running what else did your doctor told you to do?

On another note, I am sitting home near kitchen with painful foot and desperately trying to stick to modified acute diet so to at minimum to keep my weight or lose those 6 pounds that I brought back from all-inclusive vacation in Dominican Republic.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Swirveegrl;14388030] I am shocked that I lost another -5.5lbs (3.5fat/2.0water) This is amazing!!!! Thank You Medi Gods
Ronism- Thanks for the protein "smoothie" idea. I am now allowed to have almond milk thank GOD I'm one of those people that loves creamy things! I just made a "smoothie" with 1 scoop MEDI chocolate whey, 1 container carbmaster strawberry yogurt, and 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 packet splenda, and ice. YUMMY! I needed a protein packed meal, because I hadn't eaten all day!! It sure is Delicious!

Mmmm! Thanks for the "yogurt in the smoothie" idea!

And CONGRATS on the 5.5 pounds -- absolutely awesome!

As ususal I'm having my Thursday night panic attack that I haven't lost anything (I weigh in on Friday mornings.). But then again I could not find a pair of pants that didn't look like balloons on me to wear to work today, so something's missing! I think it might be the fat from my derriere.
Have a good night/morning!
~Roni
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Shelley, I've missed you!!! Last I knew, we were all upset with you after your special canine friend/family member had passed away, and you were getting ready to go on vacation. I'm glad you're back!!! Stick with it and you'll get to goal!
Awww, thanks! Things have been better, went to see my brother in D.C. and that is where I fell off the wagon after swearing I wouldn't go haywire with carbs...but the Indian food there in Bethesda was heavenly! Ok, so enough about food porn. LOL! I am good, I am here. My daughter had Cotillion in January and was a debutante...that was stressfull, a ton of very unhealthy food, and I won't go into how expensive it was, but she has to pay for her own first year of college!!!

So the agreement was that the DD joined the gym with me and I pay for her a personal trainer and she teaches me the exercises and we do them together on some of her off days and I do cardio on the days she works with the trainer. It has worked out fabulously. I do go in for my first weigh in back at MWL since January and I am nervous. I haven't been doing well, but I did manage to keep myself from gaining it all back. The upside is that DD is now motivated to change her way of eating and work out to make sure she isn't an overweight adult!

I missed you guys and I think the time away from LCF made it easier not to be conscientious because then I didn't feel guilty by reading the posts. I am back now and I'll stick with it. Classes are over for the semester and I quit working evenings at the hospital because it was taking a huge toll on my ability to get healthy. Unfortunately I'll be back on that same schedule for about 6 weeks because the tech they hired to replace me is having surgery and no one else is qualified. Anyway, here I am...pray for me...in a few hours I weigh in and I hope I don't cry! :P

How are you??? Everything good on your end? BTW, you're looking quite fetching!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Last edited by SonoRoo; 02-17-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I feel your pain! This happened to me Tuesday! I was having the most horrific, irritating, annoying day! I'm sorry! Hang on, you can beat it! Drink a zero calorie crystal light, soda, anything!! Have some protein, go into the bathroom lock the door and say every explative you can think of!Remember, that you will only feel worse if you entertain the vending machine! It's not going to make you feel any better! Try to fit some exercise in if you can today, it's a natural endorphin(makes you feel happy)! We are rooting for you, all of us know exactly how you feel!
Swirveegirl, I just wanted to pop in and say how much I've been enjoying your uplifting, honest comments! Thanks for being such a positive member of our "family!"
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday, Everyone!
I'm excited to be back on track this week. I thought my weigh-in was interesting. I'd lost 2.2 pounds, which helped me to finally cross into the 20-pounds-lost territory , but not into the 140's. But when I got home I noticed I had dropped 3.8 pounds of fat since last weigh-in! I think it was because I had to sit at the car dealer waiting for a car repair first thing this am. (Don't ever let your husband go swimming with his electronic key in his pocket. LOL) So I had drunk my second bottle of water by the time I weighed in -- 1 1/2 hours later than usual. Does that make sense to anyone?

Anyway, I am happy and kinda feel "140-ish" anyway!

Hope your weigh-in was great, too Trish! One strawberry is not going to ruin your week (especially Valentine's week -- you were very good.)! My sweet hubby actually called my Medi Clinic to ask what I could/couldn't have. They told him how to figure carbs and found me some 0 Carb/10 calorie candies! LOL The one I had was pretty good -- even though they are hard candies (chocolate is my weakness).

Has anyone tried out My Virtual Model at MVM.com? It's kinda fun to make your weight go up and down and try on clothes. I can see it being motivating to reach a weight goal and go shopping for real. And it was hilarious to finish "myself" and then click on "featured outfits." Oh, my -- stuff I would never wear in a million years! But it made me laugh!

I'm going to make the califlower crust pizza tonight! I'm excited -- every night is our family movie/pizza night, and I've been treating myself to shrimp and (lowcarb ketchup) cocktail sauce. Tonight I'll get pizza, too!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Lost Weight But...

Well therer is good news and bad news.
The good News:I did lose weight- a measly .8 lbs.
The Bad News: I gained 2.lbs of water!!
Good News: Lost 3.6lbs of fat.
Bad News(kind of) gained 2.8lbs of muscle.

I know the last isn't bad, but I can't get past the number on the scale and all the numbers are making my head spin. So feeling a bit dejected. I am Sooo hungry, I can't imagine going through this losing only .8lbs a week. I know it is in the right direction, and she was very careful to explain it all to me because I was very upset. She also said that working out, weights and running etc. can hold the extra water for up to 72 hours!!
Trish
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Swirveegirl, I just wanted to pop in and say how much I've been enjoying your uplifting, honest comments! Thanks for being such a positive member of our "family!"
I agree she is wonderful. I actually took your advice and won against the temptation to go to the vending machine. I concentrated on work and got through it. Went home had dinner and felt really good about myself but if it wasn't for Swirveegirl caring enough to give me a word of encouragement I just may have given in. It's nice to know that you have somewhere to vent and for there to be someone that understands.

Congrats to all on their weight loss and lets all keep up the good work.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Betty, Good for you for staying strong! This is the place to come when you hit a bump in the road. I always find something or someone on these threads that gets me motivated again. Feel proud of what you are accomplishing. You are doing so well!

Cheftrish, I am in the Bosotn area too, Wakfield Center. Nice to see someone else from the area. Hang in there, I have heard that about working out too. I just had a week like that too, in fact today I was up one but fat was down. It can be frustrating but keep following the plan and it will come together

Last edited by barbwired; 02-18-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Today was not so bad...166.4 at weigh in. I didn't cry although after last night on call with a certain ER doctor I almost couldn't drag myself out of bed. Call is BRUTAL!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'm just popping in quickly to say to check out the new recipe I posted on the Dinner Thread. I "over did" working out today, and ended up with my blood pressure getting really low, and feeling a little icky, So DH decided to make dinner tonight from a recipe he saw on TV. Of course when he started making it, he found out we lacked several of the ingredients, so he improvised and added things we did have......It was REALLY good I LOVE capers (one of his additions) and I thought it really "made" the recipe.

He served it over Miracle Noodles. I think by adding more broth it would make a good noodle soup!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

weight-in today, lost -1.6 lbs, happy its a lose but not what I wanted. Had 7lbs water retention and the NP told me that being on steroids some people gain weight.

So I went on a date tonight for the first time in 7 yrs! For months I've been liking how I look and many people telling me how good and thinner I looked. However when I was getting ready to met him tonight, I felt and thought I looked terrible, fat. Why why???
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Because, we are our own harshest critic. We find it hard to love ourselves which is why we gained the weight in the first place. Love yourself, the rest comes with it.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Well therer is good news and bad news.
The good News:I did lose weight- a measly .8 lbs.
The Bad News: I gained 2.lbs of water!!
Good News: Lost 3.6lbs of fat.
Bad News(kind of) gained 2.8lbs of muscle.

I know the last isn't bad, but I can't get past the number on the scale and all the numbers are making my head spin. So feeling a bit dejected. I am Sooo hungry, I can't imagine going through this losing only .8lbs a week. I know it is in the right direction, and she was very careful to explain it all to me because I was very upset. She also said that working out, weights and running etc. can hold the extra water for up to 72 hours!!
Trish
Trish -- Congrats -- you lost fat! And next week it will be better reflected on the scale! I love the Tanita that breaks it down for you, so you know that you are on the right track. And you are! Building muscle is great -- more muscle means it's easier to burn even more fat in the future! It speeds up your metabolism, makes you look good and feel good. Before Medi I'm pretty sure that I could have gained .8 of a pound of fat on a good (bad) day. But you LOST 4 1/2 times that! Water will come and go -- look at the important stuff and start off this next week on the right foot!
~Roni
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Got your new recipe, Mary -- sounds yummy!

BTW. LOVED the califlower crust pizza tonight!
~Roni
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Shelly - you are so right! I couldn't belive these old, negative feelings surfaced again after so long. This reminds of something I read

'Even a widely successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart. Spiritual hunger can never be solved on the physical level.'

I got on the scale this morning and I'm at 198.8!!!!!! I'm not changing my stat until it's official, when I get the onderland reading on the Medi scale. My home scale is right on target with the clinic, I'm so looking forward to next week's weight -in!

Btw my son did his confirmation today, we are so proud of him!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Determined Gemini ! Congratulations on onederland!!! Whoo, whooo!!

BTW: did you get this quote from "Made to Crave"? You wrote: 'Even a widely successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart. Spiritual hunger can never be solved on the physical level.'

This might sound kind of "heavy" but here are some thoughts I've had today: It does make it hard to have old stress habits of comfort foods that I fall back onto when what I'd really RATHER do is keep up the good exercise and growth in the Lord times and find little time for myself in my schedule but can't or don't! I've had a wonderful discipline lately of waking up and reading a new Bible I have call the Life Recovery Bible, it's written with comments in there about behaviors we want to get rid of, including the addiction to food! It helps to give myself grace and see how I've added shame into that behavior and makes me just feel worse. Wow...so many people in the Old Testament were fooled for immediate gratification due to food...we laugh at their stories but God is showing me that I can be so quick to lie to myself about food too. Thankfully it's probably not going to have the huge ramifications of influencing the nation of people that are in the generations after me on a political and peace negotions kind of way. However, the choices that I make when I chose to disobey God's leading do influence my trust in Him (shame) and make it easier for me to lie to myself that it wasn't important. Casting the Light of TRUTH on it shows me that I had a hurt and that I was trying to comfort myself in that hurt...the grace comes that I need to love hurting self enough to treat my body with respect because I know that it belongs to God. It can be a vicious cycle of wanting to do well, followed by failing to do well, followed by self-loathing (which Satan just loves), followed by hopelessness, followed by a decision to be legalistic, followed by failure (because legalism is NOT grace!). But in reading God's Word we see that He is SO patient...He has a plan....He just wants us to acknowledge Him in our lives and be sensitive to His leading!! Look at Esau who sold his entire birthright, for a bowl of stew! Then look at Rachel (Jacob's wife) who told her sister Leah that it was fine for her to sleep with her (their) husband because she (Rachel) just really, really wanted some mandrakes (is that some kind of date or something?) But seriously....I will be fine, going about my day, then something is set out in front of me, or somebody invites me to eat such and such, and it's like "choose to eat my way of eating? what way of eating? Oh I'll get back to that tomorrow!" Probably stew and mandrakes aren't bad THINGS for the body, but the thing is that they (Esau and Rachel) both knew what they were tempted and didn't ask God for help, or ask God for His timing of what they would eat "when", or ask God anything! It was about "me...food...want....now"!!! God is so faithful to teach us if we but just submit ourselves to Him! (I'm writing this down also so that I'll read it myself!!)
Hope you have a blessed weekend.
Be God's!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-19-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Closed Thread