Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
I'm back and trying to make the most of the 5 days until my weigh in Friday. I'm feeling much better but will pass on the gym tonight to rest some more. Today was a good day though I struggled with the water. I have that bad medicine taste
To avoid disappointment, I'm thinking of pushing out my mini goal another week since I got back on the wagon today. What do ya'll think?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deshaye70
Stats: 269/245.8/165
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Unfortunately, they're all expensive. When comparing shakes there's soo much more that goes into it than just price. Taste is a huge factor. I'd hate for you to spend the money on a comparable product only to find out that you hate the way it tastes and then you're stuck with it until you can switch back to medi. (and those other containers are HUGE!)

I stuck with the Medi shake until I hit maintenace, then I switched to Designer Whey Vanilla Praline. Now that Im back in the Acute phase, Im finishing what I have in the Designer Whey and Pure Protein (lo carb) cans and will switch back to the the Medi stuff until Im back to my goal weight range.

Good luck!
You are right...those containers are HUGE...which is why I started with the Medi container to see if I would like it or not. I took the label off the Medi container to compare...and boy was I shocked! The stuff I saw at other stores had 3x the carb and sodium...not to mention the calories were higher too. I'd just thought I would put it out there since there are alot of Medi experts here! Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
You might check out Syntrax Nectar (I've used the Fuzzy Navel, and Cappicino) or Syntrax Sweets (Vanilla Bean Torte) 100 cal/scoop, ZERO (0) carbs, 24G Protein Both are really good. Before I order I usually do a Google search to find the best price. You can PM me and I'll share results of what I've found
Mary...thanks for the advice...and everyone else too! I have some research to do!

P.S. Mary...I can't figure out how to PM. I know..."newbie"!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elled View Post
Hi everyone,
Happy February! So, I am a total newb to this forum and to the whole MEDI way of life. I have had two friends that did the medically assisted weight loss diet and their entire lives changed (for the better). I am hoping to have a similar outcome. After reading through your journeys on this forum, I am feeling relatively hopeful. My one concern is that I am on my second day and I am not remotely hungry. Everyone said only bouncing around 500 calories would make me feel miserable/ tired/ etc. ... and yet, I'm not hungry at all. I mean, I'm not complaining about feeling fine; However, it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong. Has anyone else felt full their first week and seen positive response on the scale at first weigh in? Maybe I am just being neurotic...
Best,
Elle
PS. Have an awesome Valentines Day!
Welcome to the journey, Elled! I've been on the program 4 weeks now...and I was shocked how full I felt the first week too! I still can't believe how full I feel on SO much less (and healthier) food than I ate before. Don't stress out too much about it...it's a GOOD thing! Can't wait to hear what your results are!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Valentine's Dinner

To be MEDI compliant, my valentine and I stayed in. I made a delicious LowCarb Valentine's Dinner (beef tenderloin, sauteed shrimp, fire cracker green beans). I did over indulge in the beef tenderloin (3oz), but I'm not going to beat myself up. I only exceeded my protein calories by 95 calories for the day. I think I may have eaten too many steamed green beans though, 1 cup steamed! I hope all of you were able to avoid the usual chocolates, and sweets that this day brings!
I have the MEDI chocolate protein powder. My problem is that I don't know what to mix it with. I tried to mix it with CHOBANI yogurt, but it was way to sour. Any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day! I spent the day taking a nice, long, WARM walk outside and then laying poolside all day....ah, yes - vacation!! To be away from the cold and snow and enjoy a walk/jog outside felt amazing....I really believe the winter weather at home effects my mood. Those of you who get to enjoy this FL weather, I envy you!!

Swirveegirl - firecracker green beans??? What's that??

While at the pool today, my 5 yr old (who literally swam all day - I had to fight to get her out just to eat lunch!) asked if swimming was good exercise because her "heart was beating in her chest". My inlaws were shocked that she would know something like that, then out to eat tonight we got some boiled edamame as an appetizer and my 2 yr old couldn't eat enough of it, again the inlaws were shocked. My husband then pointed out to them how eating healthy and daily exercise has become a part of all of our lives, I felt so proud of my girls today and how easily they embraced things (don't get me wrong, they then split a piece of chocolate cake for dessert....we are on vacation after all!) I just
really hope that my changing habits now will lead them to a lifetime without struggle!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I loved reading your post Keri, though very jealous of the warm weather! It's crazy windy and cold here today. A big reason I decided to take the weight off was to be a good role model to my eight-year-old daughter. It's amazing how quickly they pick up on what we do. Hopefuly by setting a healthier example than I have been, she will grow up with eating healthy and exercise as the norm. Don't get me wrong, she had some Valentines cookie cake last night, but today we are going rollerskating (INDOORS!)afterschool to burn off some energy on this freezing day!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: morningchai
Stats: 174/153/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 1/27/2011
Quote:
Are these shakes already made, or is this a powder?

We love the cauliflower pizza. I've made it several times. The first time I made it a little too thin (for my pizza pan.....which is BIG), then the next time too thick, but the third time was a charm! It's is crispy enough to pick up!
The shakes come already made. They have 110 calories, 2-4 carbs depending on the flavor and 18g of protein if I remember correctly.
The pizza was awesome! Brought one of the left over slices for lunch today to heat up in our toaster oven (don't think it would be so good in the microwave).

Last edited by morningchai; 02-15-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
...the really great thing is that it was one meal! That's it! I don't feel guilty, or derailed, or like a failure, or any of the other emotions I USED to feel if I "went off my diet"! I feel GREAT that I'm learning how to deal with food in the real world. Tomorrow, I'm right back on plan! No beating myself up, No giving up, and certainly NO going back to my old way of eating!

I'm still 100% committed to this WOE, and I'm NOT encouraging anyone to go off their plan (especially in the early stages) but I'm getting closer to my goal and am glad I have enough confidence that I can get back without skipping a beat!
Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!

Even after gaining some of the weight back, I still felt empowered... my weight gain wasnt because I fell off the wagon and devoured McDonalds everyday, or over did it with pasta's or chocolate or bread or anything in particular... even on maintenance and training for a marathon I still portion controlled, ate lo carb, and was very happy with my new habits.

What did it in for me was that I was eating higher calories from when I was active and didnt adjust it for when I wasnt active (when I got injured).

I walked into the clinic an explained what happened and you know what... the nutrionist smiled and talked out a new plan for me and welcomed me back like an old friend. She didnt yell at me, she didnt harbor on the weight gain or made me feel guilty (which I didnt feel anyway). And, that was it... I didnt feel bad for gaining ... I just needed an adjustment (and you guys to help me be accountable!) and I'm confident that I can get back to my goal weight.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!

Even after gaining some of the weight back, I still felt empowered... my weight gain wasnt because I fell off the wagon and devoured McDonalds everyday, or over did it with pasta's or chocolate or bread or anything in particular... even on maintenance and training for a marathon I still portion controlled, ate lo carb, and was very happy with my new habits.

What did it in for me was that I was eating higher calories from when I was active and didnt adjust it for when I wasnt active (when I got injured).

I walked into the clinic an explained what happened and you know what... the nutrionist smiled and talked out a new plan for me and welcomed me back like an old friend. She didnt yell at me, she didnt harbor on the weight gain or made me feel guilty (which I didnt feel anyway). And, that was it... I didnt feel bad for gaining ... I just needed an adjustment (and you guys to help me be accountable!) and I'm confident that I can get back to my goal weight.
I had to quit going to the clinic due to finances after DH lost his job.....can't wait to return! That will be one of the FIRST things I do once he's employed again! I'm still losing, BUT at a MUCH slower rate....I need their support, and direction
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

I've tried the Zumba DVD's that DD bought for me a few times, and have to say I really wasn't crazy about them Guess I'm not much of a dance fittness type of person! At least NOT at home alone....I'm sure it's much more fun if you're in a group of people! I should have known, since I like the classes at the gym where the instructor is in front, and there isn't alot of turning this way, then that.....I'm dyslexic, and easily confused by changing direction! OH well, guess I'll list them on Ebay

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels DVD 30 Day Shred that I've had for a while, (but had only tried once) and I was able to do MOST of the level 1 (20 minute workout) without stopping, but let me tell you it REALLY kicked my butt! My legs feel like over cooked noodles! I HAD planned on doing my 5.5 mile walk after this, but there is no way! I'm just hoping I can MOVE tomorrow

I found out yesterday that my ex-sister-in-law passed away due to complications of life long morbid obesity! I'm SO saddened by the news. She was a wonderful person. I know her weight was always an issue with my brother, and their sons, but you cannot force someone else to change their eating habits. She insisted she was healthy in spite of being VERY overweight.....even while on oxygen, and being treated for congestive heart failure! It's just one more reminder for me as to WHY I'm doing what I'm doing!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 02-15-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Bikini Model?!

WOW! I just read a post from an old friend that had similar stats to mine. She started at 188 lbs and her goal weight was 128. She's 128 now, and during my hiatus, managed to compete in a bikini fitness contest and won third place!!! That is incredible!!!

She stuck to her plan (took about two years) and is reaping the rewards 10 fold! What an inspiration. Im awestruck and totally motivated too!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I found out yesterday that my ex-sister-in-law passed away due to complications of life long morbid obesity! I'm SO saddened by the news.
My condolences Mary, Im sorry to hear about your ex-sister-in-law. Stay strong.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
My condolences Mary, Im sorry to hear about your ex-sister-in-law. Stay strong.
Do you go to the Randolph location? I go on Tuesday mornings for my weigh ins. I like it and the nurses are very nice.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Mary, I am so sorry for your loss of your ex-sister-in-law.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Mary, I am so sorry for your loss of your ex-sister-in-law.
Thanks, she and I haven't been close for a few years....since she and my brother split up.....still it makes me feel bad that she was in such denial.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
I've tried the Zumba DVD's that DD bought for me a few times, and have to say I really wasn't crazy about them Guess I'm not much of a dance fittness type of person! At least NOT at home alone....I'm sure it's much more fun if you're in a group of people! I should have known, since I like the classes at the gym where the instructor is in front, and there isn't alot of turning this way, then that.....I'm dyslexic, and easily confused by changing direction! OH well, guess I'll list them on Ebay

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels DVD 30 Day Shred that I've had for a while, (but had only tried once) and I was able to do MOST of the level 1 (20 minute workout) without stopping, but let me tell you it REALLY kicked my butt! My legs feel like over cooked noodles! I HAD planned on doing my 5.5 mile walk after this, but there is no way! I'm just hoping I can MOVE tomorrow

I found out yesterday that my ex-sister-in-law passed away due to complications of life long morbid obesity! I'm SO saddened by the news. She was a wonderful person. I know her weight was always an issue with my brother, and their sons, but you cannot force someone else to change their eating habits. She insisted she was healthy in spite of being VERY overweight.....even while on oxygen, and being treated for congestive heart failure! It's just one more reminder for me as to WHY I'm doing what I'm doing!
Mary,
Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

I have a feeling that Zumba would be much more fun to be in a class "in person" rather than doing it via DVD. BUT . . . I'm not ready to go to a class. Still haven't found a Zumba workout on Netflix, though. I do love the SELF magazine workouts with Ellen Barrett. But the important thing is to just keep moving!

~Roni
Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
WOW! I just read a post from an old friend that had similar stats to mine. She started at 188 lbs and her goal weight was 128. She's 128 now, and during my hiatus, managed to compete in a bikini fitness contest and won third place!!! That is incredible!!!

She stuck to her plan (took about two years) and is reaping the rewards 10 fold! What an inspiration. Im awestruck and totally motivated too!
That is inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliciahmartin
Stats: 201/185/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 2010
Keotosis

Question: is it bad if your ketosis level is small? It used to show moderate but lately it's changed to small.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Do you go to the Randolph location? I go on Tuesday mornings for my weigh ins. I like it and the nurses are very nice.
YES!! I love everyone there!! Super supportive and the nutritionist is the biggest sweetheart.

She works with you too... I told her about my athletic goals and we worked out a plan together. Best support I ever had!!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Deb, Thanks for the C25K advice. For those who are unfamiliar it is called Couch 2 5k, I did not join, but I was able to download a podcast with music so that I can do the workout. The person who has the podcasts is Robert Ulrey (SP??). Anyone want to "join" me on the treadmill?? I am also looking for some weight workouts...but one thing at a time.
Swirveegrl, I mix my shakes with ice, and sometimes with decaf esspresso powder, it does not come out very creamy, but it is sort of like having a fudgicle (yum). Cinammon would be good too. Maybe if you mix the ess. pwdr with the chobani and whey it would cut out the bitterness? I think there is something called peanut butter powder which might work too, you can reconstitute and it cuts out the fat and carbs, leaving the protein and fiber.

I am off to the gym!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Deb, Thanks for the C25K advice. For those who are unfamiliar it is called Couch 2 5k, I did not join, but I was able to download a podcast with music so that I can do the workout. The person who has the podcasts is Robert Ulrey (SP??). Anyone want to "join" me on the treadmill?? I am also looking for some weight workouts...but one thing at a time.
Swirveegrl, I mix my shakes with ice, and sometimes with decaf esspresso powder, it does not come out very creamy, but it is sort of like having a fudgicle (yum). Cinammon would be good too. Maybe if you mix the ess. pwdr with the chobani and whey it would cut out the bitterness? I think there is something called peanut butter powder which might work too, you can reconstitute and it cuts out the fat and carbs, leaving the protein and fiber.

I am off to the gym!
I am doing the C25K program (on Deb's suggestion as well). I am now on week 6 :-)

I use the podcasts and either run on a treadmill (if they aren't all occupied in my apartment complex gym) or outside if it isn't dark, rainy and cold. the podcasts are great because I don't have to think about anything. I just run/walk when it tells me to :-) I don't know who the Robert Ulrey person is, but I-tunes had free downloads for Podrunner intervals podcasts from DJ Beatsmith.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Just randomness...I had my previous computer and a set schedule when I started MWL and was able to track everything and it gave me a sense of control. Through the past few months we have gone through my daughter's Cotillion, job changes, a new computer, etc...

So I lost track of where I was and started gaining a little weight back. I noticed when my pants started tightening up again. SO here I am, back with the program...I set up my weigh in for Friday and I set my new computer up with ******, a notepad on the desktop to see my weight every time I turn it on, and I put a link to LCF on my toolbar. All these little things gave me a sense of control and constant reminders of what I was doing. When I didn't have them it was out of sight out of mind. My class for this semester ends this week and I will have more time to really work through this.

Good luck to all of you...and thanks for your support...I will need it...I was only 1/2 way through my weight loss when I slipped, now I need to make it the rest of the way.

Shelley

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Week 3 Weigh In

Just got back from my week 3 weigh in. Lost another 3.6lbs!

I told them about this website and how great it has been (including the recipes) and they had never heard about it! One girl said she's going to make a flier to hand out letting people know.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Was this recipe on the recipe thread for MEDIWEIGHTLOSS or just on the general LCF recipe board? (I'm not at a computer where I can look at the recipes very easily) I haven't made anything like that at this point....I'll have to look for it!
It was the one from the Medi boards.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningchai View Post
It was the one from the Medi boards.
GREAT.....I'll look for it!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I have ALWAYS been one of the least active people I knew..........NO MORE When I started Medi (MANY months ago....actually too long ago) I thought I was really doing great being able to walk 1.5 miles........today I walked 7.5 miles at the average pace of an 18 minute mile.....PLUS I walked up and over the causeway (.75 mile each) FOUR times! That is 2 more times over the causeway than I usually do! Bill says the causeway is at least a 15% incline, so I'm pretty thrilled!

I plan on doing the 30 day SHRED again today, all though I'm pretty stiff and sore from doing it yesterday! I have NO upper body strength, so things like push-ups are killer.......my goal is to be able to do REAL push-ups!

The OTHER great thing is that I've lost another pound! Only 2 more pounds to my NEXT mini goal!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Morning Chai! Hopefully my weigh in on Fri will be as good, you are inspiring me!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Trish- Good job getting to the gym!BTW I will look for espresso powder...
Life is so difficult to really get into a routine when it comes to exercise. I had planned to go again yesterday, of course something came up and sabotaged my plans! I'm definitley going back tomorrow, after my weigh in I really know now that I am losing, because my pants are feeling so much looser! But it's still so scary to go "weigh", because numbers never lie
I've been having a hard time reincorporating my fruit and veggie into my diet. I'm going to try to do a better job, of including at least a serving of veggies into my lunch, and possibly a fruit for breakfast? I haven't had 2 servings of vegetable and 1 serving of fruit on any day so far!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Keri

My firecracker green beans are a MEDI compliant version of the green beans served at Famous Dave's restaraunt ( BBQ restaraunt here in Richmond).
I steam my green beans (1lb). I prefer the long, uncut beans; however, I doubt that it really matters. Brown 1 tsp of minced garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add a bit of diced onion to the garlic if you like, and red chile pepper flakes/diced fresh red chile). If you prefer less spicey, I think a few dashes of chile powder gives a little heat but not too hot. Add your green beans to the pan and coat well with the EVOO mixture, add low sodium salt and cracked black pepper to taste. If you like bacon, you can add crumbled turkey bacon to the beans as well. They are really yummy. My husband isn't crazy over green beans, but when I made these for valentines he cleaned his plate. Enjoy
Closed Thread