Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deshaye70
Stats: 269/245.8/165
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 2011
Congratulations to ALL!

I wanted to congratulate EVERYONE...on weight loss...on inches loss...on sticking with it...on giving support to us newbies!

I agree with what someone else said...seeing everyone's results and getting tips and tricks really help keep the motivation going!

Shonda (a.k.a. Deshaye70)

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a bit. My baby had two seizures and was hospitalized last week. She is doing better. I surprised myself and was able to stay on the plan while in the hospital. I had my week 4 weigh in today and I am down 20lbs. I am so happy. Now, I hope that the other comes off as easy. I hope that everyone is having a great week. I am trying to stay positive with the stress of life. We sold our house last year and entered into a lease purchase agreement on our house. The owner forgot to inform us he had not made a payment in months and they were about to foreclose. So, we have been trying to get the IRS lien taken off (which we knew about) before they foreclosed. We found out last week that the IRS would remove the lien off the house. However, now the bank wants to add $22,000 to the payoff due to fees. So, we are in the process of waiting to see if the agents can get this removed or we will be moving from a house that I love and I don't know where we are going. So, if there are any prayer warriors out there. Please pray that we are doing God's will and are able to see the direction that he wants us to take.

Thanks for reading and I promise to get more involved with this thread and getting to know people if I can get my life settled.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Good news and bad news. The good news is burned tons of calories in exercise today and I am still here. Bad news ... I had a brownie! Good news ... I had only one and stopped, stayed in control. In retrospect it wasn't worth it but it is out of my system. Now I continue on. No more brownies, lots of water and exercise. A little bump in the road but I didn't get fall, just kind of tripped.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Brownie Slip

Clergywife I laughed out loud at your post, I thought it was awesome! I love the fact that you had 1 and stopped! That's awesome! You didn't fall of any wagon tonight, I admire your self control! That's always been a problem for me that when I "slip up", I use it as an excuse to have any and everything I want. I'm hoping that MEDI will help me modify my behavior! Day 6 and going strong. Excited for my first week weight in Thursday:blush:
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a bit. My baby had two seizures and was hospitalized last week. She is doing better. I surprised myself and was able to stay on the plan while in the hospital. I had my week 4 weigh in today and I am down 20lbs. I am so happy. Now, I hope that the other comes off as easy. I hope that everyone is having a great week. I am trying to stay positive with the stress of life. We sold our house last year and entered into a lease purchase agreement on our house. The owner forgot to inform us he had not made a payment in months and they were about to foreclose. So, we have been trying to get the IRS lien taken off (which we knew about) before they foreclosed. We found out last week that the IRS would remove the lien off the house. However, now the bank wants to add $22,000 to the payoff due to fees. So, we are in the process of waiting to see if the agents can get this removed or we will be moving from a house that I love and I don't know where we are going. So, if there are any prayer warriors out there. Please pray that we are doing God's will and are able to see the direction that he wants us to take.

Thanks for reading and I promise to get more involved with this thread and getting to know people if I can get my life settled.
Sorry to hear about all the stress. You are in my prayers.
~Roni
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary - Congrats on the 2 lbs and the size 10's! Hope all is working out with DH and his job hunt, as well as with your kids and grandkkds!

Roni - You are so right about the $1000 being divided out over 30 yrs of payments....the builder actually split the difference with us! Yeah!!! On your magnesium question - I bought the 250 mg pills too...and need 500 mg/day. I take both pills in the morning around breakfast time, and (sorry if tmi) but usually go to the bathroom each day well before that. But, I have gone almost every day since starting the magnesium.

Ilovemilk - the week prior to my TOM was (and still is) the worst week for me. During the acute phase it was always my lowest losses (because I would still lose fat, but gain water) and now my weight actually goes up several pounds the week before, but by the first day of TOM the weight is gone. Good luck!

A couple of big things here....first, we signed the purchase &sales agreement on our new house tonight!!! So very very excited! And yesterday I actually went "shopping" in my mom's closet (my mom is very petite, 5'2"....and SKINNY!) Granted, I took her "big" clothes since she generally wears a 2-4, but she had some 8's and 6's.....yes, I said 6's....and 2 pairs of size 6 shorts fit!!! And a whole bunch of 8's, it was great! My brother was there when I was trying the clothes on and he told me that first I took her old ski coat and now my mom's pants.....that's what he'd call success. It was a good feeling!

And the best part....on the scale this morning, 159.8. Yes!!! Broke under 160's....and all on maintenance! What seems odd to me though is that the last time I wore a size 8 (10 yrs ago when I was 21) I had to stay under 150 to fit in it, and now I know my body shape is completely different (2 c-sections for 10 1/2 lb babies will do that to you!), yet I can wear that size. Who knows!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Keri,
Thank you for the info. TMI? Ha! -- I have three boys who could curl my hair sometimes! Do you take the Colon Cleanse, too? Anyone? I just took 2 magnesium and 2 colon cleanse, and I'm a bit worried they might work too well.

Congratulations on your new home! That is so exciting! So when will the big move be?

And CONGRATULATIONS on the shopping trip! That must have been so satisfying! Nice mom... and brother! And I am so glad to hear that maintenance works so well!

~Roni
Old 02-09-2011, 05:42 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Congrats on everyone's lose and welcome to all the new members.

My son fractured his collar bone during a wrestling match and is done for the season. He is devastated since he will miss districts and state finals. He can't start lacrosse in 3 weeks either. Adding insult to injury, he's been home sick with the flu.

I'm sick again too and tired of being sick! I made it to the gym Sunday and Monday but curled up in bed last night and will do the same today. I will be VERY upset if I don't hit the onderland this week!!! I would be happy with 199, I'm not eating anything I shouldn't and doing my best to take in all the required water. But with all these other symptoms. I'm losing more than I'm taking in and the last time I was sick, the scale did not move
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 02-09-2011 at 05:48 AM..
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug283 View Post
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has done the calorometer (I have no idea how to spell that!) test at Medi? I have been sticking to the plan perfectly and am not losing. They have suggested the calorometer to measure how many calories I burn and they would be able to modify my plan as needed. Any feedback would be great!
I've never used it, but it if the clinic is recommending it, I say go for it. It couldnt hurt. Good luck!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Keri,
GREAT things ARE happening.....a new home AND new (FREE) clothes.....they're the best! Hope that helps makes the nasty cold weather in your area a little less bad!

I got all of my new (free) clothes washed and put away.....there is one outfit I can't WAIT to wear! Then I took 3 HUGE bags of my Sister-In-Law's old clothes to Goodwill.......no wonder she has so many clothes, she NEVER gets rid of the old ones! I couldn't believe how outdated/out of styly MOST of the things I looked at were. It took some talking on my part to convince her that she will never wear those things! She still has more clothes than anyone I've ever met!

Roni,
I think taking the magnesium just needs to be, when it fits in with your schedule. I've never used the colon cleanse, so I can't speak about that. I take my ONE magnesium with dinner....DH takes one in the morning and one with dinner. When we travel he will sometimes add a fiber product (chewable, no sugar, fruity tasting....can't remember the name). You'll probably also find that different brands MAY work differently. Some people see a different need for magnesium IF they add things like Vit C to the mix....it didn't seem to make any difference to me, but I think you just need to be flexible. IF you've "overdone" you'll know before too long I fear I think you'll find the right dose, BUT REMEMBER.....IF you're not eating as much, you CANNOT expect (well I guess you CAN expect anything you want......but it's not realistic ) to "go" like you did when you ate big volumes (prior to Medi). Once you get into the transitional, and wellness phases and are adding food/calories back you'll see a change then too!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Keri,
GREAT things ARE happening.....a new home AND new (FREE) clothes.....they're the best! Hope that helps makes the nasty cold weather in your area a little less bad!

I got all of my new (free) clothes washed and put away.....there is one outfit I can't WAIT to wear! Then I took 3 HUGE bags of my Sister-In-Law's old clothes to Goodwill.......no wonder she has so many clothes, she NEVER gets rid of the old ones! I couldn't believe how outdated/out of styly MOST of the things I looked at were. It took some talking on my part to convince her that she will never wear those things! She still has more clothes than anyone I've ever met!

Roni,
I think taking the magnesium just needs to be, when it fits in with your schedule. I've never used the colon cleanse, so I can't speak about that. I take my ONE magnesium with dinner....DH takes one in the morning and one with dinner. When we travel he will sometimes add a fiber product (chewable, no sugar, fruity tasting....can't remember the name). You'll probably also find that different brands MAY work differently. Some people see a different need for magnesium IF they add things like Vit C to the mix....it didn't seem to make any difference to me, but I think you just need to be flexible. IF you've "overdone" you'll know before too long I fear I think you'll find the right dose, BUT REMEMBER.....IF you're not eating as much, you CANNOT expect (well I guess you CAN expect anything you want......but it's not realistic ) to "go" like you did when you ate big volumes (prior to Medi). Once you get into the transitional, and wellness phases and are adding food/calories back you'll see a change then too!
Mary - I see your scale moved!!!! Yeah!! Congrates!! I know you have been frustrated.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I use the colon cleanse, daily. Before Medi I suffered from IBS and starting a lo-carb journey didn’t improve the situation much. The clinic recommended I use 2 c.c. daily until I become regular, then wean off to one c.c. daily. Thankfully, it has worked. Better than anything I have ever used before.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: morningchai
Stats: 174/153/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 1/27/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
Keri,
Thank you for the info. TMI? Ha! -- I have three boys who could curl my hair sometimes! Do you take the Colon Cleanse, too? Anyone? I just took 2 magnesium and 2 colon cleanse, and I'm a bit worried they might work too well.

Congratulations on your new home! That is so exciting! So when will the big move be?

And CONGRATULATIONS on the shopping trip! That must have been so satisfying! Nice mom... and brother! And I am so glad to hear that maintenance works so well!

~Roni
They put me on the Colon Cleanse pill last week (my second week). I started off just taking one a night, but nothing really happened, so last night I took two. Seems to be doing something so I'm going to keep taking 2 for a while then try to go back down to 1.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovemilk
Stats: 264.6/253.4/180
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 1/22/11
I've never been particularly concerned about 'going'... but reading all of your comments recently, I begin to think I should pay attention to it?

Have any of you used ************? I just downloaded the app last night (its online as well and they sync up!). I'm tracking my food etc and was getting weary of carrying that little black journal around, or more often forgetting that little black journal. I've been playing around with it this morning and I'm really liking it. I've been able to modify the calorie suggestion to match what Medi told me to follow. All the foods I eat are already in it or easily added. Anyway, not an advertisement (its free), just something I found that I HOPE will be incredibly useful. One more helpful tool in our journey!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

ilovemilk - Use ************ both online and app and I absolutely love it! Been using it for over 6 months
~K
Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMayhem View Post
Mary - I see your scale moved!!!! Yeah!! Congrates!! I know you have been frustrated.
Thanks....I've been frustrated like this for the same reason, MANY times in the past! Prior to Medi, I would stall, get frustrated, and just give up....telling myself whatever amount I'd already lost was "good enough".....then of course all the weight PLUS would creep back! This time (on Medi) with the help of this board, I've stalled, gotten frustrated, but KEPT GOING This weightloss journey is taking me longer than I wanted, and longer than it has for other people.....but I'm NOT other people, and a loss, is a loss! I'm learning how to deal with ME, and my "baggage" (literally and figuratively) I'm learning to be happy for my health more than anything......everything else is "just gravy"
Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post
I've never been particularly concerned about 'going'... but reading all of your comments recently, I begin to think I should pay attention to it?

Have any of you used ************? I just downloaded the app last night (its online as well and they sync up!). I'm tracking my food etc and was getting weary of carrying that little black journal around, or more often forgetting that little black journal. I've been playing around with it this morning and I'm really liking it. I've been able to modify the calorie suggestion to match what Medi told me to follow. All the foods I eat are already in it or easily added. Anyway, not an advertisement (its free), just something I found that I HOPE will be incredibly useful. One more helpful tool in our journey!
I, too have been using ************ since Christmas. LOVE it! It's perfect for this WOE. Just wish I had been using it since I started Medi. It makes recording things SO much easier and much more accurate, especially the recipe creation part. I just don't have the brain cells to deal with grams, etc....
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks....I've been frustrated like this for the same reason, MANY times in the past! Prior to Medi, I would stall, get frustrated, and just give up....telling myself whatever amount I'd already lost was "good enough".....then of course all the weight PLUS would creep back! This time (on Medi) with the help of this board, I've stalled, gotten frustrated, but KEPT GOING This weightloss journey is taking me longer than I wanted, and longer than it has for other people.....but I'm NOT other people, and a loss, is a loss! I'm learning how to deal with ME, and my "baggage" (literally and figuratively) I'm learning to be happy for my health more than anything......everything else is "just gravy"
I feel your frustration Mary but like you say, "A lose is a loss' I went to CVS last night to pick up my meds and I'm standing in line waiting to pay when I notice they have pb twix, which I love but I had no desire or craving for them. I walked out with only my meds I'm frustrated that its taking me longer than I anticipated to reach onderland but I'm not giving up, just need to take it one day at a time knowing that I'm not cheating or doing anything to delay that goal more

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 02-09-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
I went to my first weigh-in meeting today and lost 10 pounds. I was amazed. It is such a good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyInVenice View Post
I went to my first weigh-in meeting today and lost 10 pounds. I was amazed. It is such a good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Congratulations!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post

I love ************. I've been using it since I started Medi and have found it to have the most comprehensive food list out there. Plus there's nothing wrong with FREE! I also like the fact that you can manually enter your calories for exercises. I use a BodyBugg and it never matches up to what the treadmills or exercise databases estimate.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
It makes recording things SO much easier and much more accurate, especially the recipe creation part. I just don't have the brain cells to deal with grams, etc....
It is a lot easier! The tiny journal they give you in the clinic is great to fit in your purse, but I had a hard time fitting my handwriting in there! Now I just print out each day's report from ************ and keep it in a binder to take with me. I also like being able to see more nutritional information like Sodium and Fiber.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningchai View Post
The tiny journal they give you in the clinic is great to fit in your purse, but I had a hard time fitting my handwriting in there!
I agree! I could never fit all the info in on the lines and have it still be legible, plus i always had subtotals squished in out on the tiny margins. I stopped using the book they gave me and started keeping a journal on LCF. This way I can log way more than my food. I can track my excercise, moods, favorite recipes, random thoughts, rants and raves, anything! I sit at a computer all day for work so that makes it accessible for me. It also keeps me accountable because it is out there for the world to read. Weekends are a little tougher to update because sometimes I am out and about alot but I am still working on that.

On a side note, i actually enjoy writing my entries... i have never kept a journal or diary before, so its a new experience for me :-)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Roni,
Thanks, Mary. I'm still doing it all (colon cleanse, fiber and magnesium) and it wasn't overdone; it was just right. Maybe my change in calcium brand brought it on -- I know Calcium can do that, but I didn't know that about Vitamin C. So thanks for the help!

And congrats on your new clothes! Yay! Today I wore (probably outdated, but I was thrilled!) a pair of old 8's and a blouse I haven't worn since 2006-07 or so! And they were too tight when I bought them. Today they weren't! Love it. I have my heart set on wearing a formal dress to Wicked next month. I don't think I've ever worn it before -- it became too tight shortly after I bought it. Wearing old things can be every bit as exciting as new -- especially when it saves $$$!

Hope everyone is doing great tonight. I just had a great workout thanks to Netflix and our sons' Wii! Anyone else like the Self magazine fitness DVDs with Ellen Barrett? She's great -- pre-Jillian Michaels. LOL
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Wow - lots of new people! Welcome to the Medi way of life. It's such a great program.

I went to Maine last week to see my parents. I loved seeing them, but it really reminded me why I moved away. The snowbanks were so high in some places that I had a hard time seeing over them when I was driving. Ugh! I was excited though, I only gained 0.8 pounds while I was gone for 5 days. That is such a major victory for me. I used to be able to gain 5 pounds when I went away for the weekend. I was able to get back to even the next day after I got home.

My transition to being off the appetite suppressant hasn't been as bad as I thought. I'm definitely hungrier -especially at night. I'm able to keep things under control by having some extra decaf tea or coffee instead of something to eat.

I'm still really looking forward to the calorimeter test - hopefully I'll take that in two weeks.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
DreamWarrior! It's good to see you here on site with us again! Sorry about your injury and having to go through physical therapy. Hey, I finally started jogging and even did a 5K in September (Race for the Cure--my first 5K jog!), and another one in October! There is NO way I'd ever try a marathon, like you've done. I hope to hear from you here til you get to goal and well into maintenance! I reached maintenance in September, and after the weather got colder in November really cut down on exercising and have had a tough time adding carbs without gaining. I'm so thankful for this forum because I'm accountable for my choices here. Read the first couple of messages of Energy In/Energy Out....it's a thread created for that accountability! Feel free to join us
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 190/154/137
WOE: LC-my way
Start Date: January 26, 2011/ restart 8/6/13
===QUOTE MARY: " I moved that stupid scale all over the house hoping it was just the floor"===

HAHAHA!
I am glad I am not the only one that does this when the scale is not telling me what I want to hear.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by THIN TASTES BETTER View Post
===QUOTE MARY: " I moved that stupid scale all over the house hoping it was just the floor"===

HAHAHA!
I am glad I am not the only one that does this when the scale is not telling me what I want to hear.
IYeah, it's funny and we all do it hoping for a better number. I moved my scale into the garage and then back in the house and finally put it in a bag and left it in the parking lot at the mall. I was too obsessed with it and I think that stress was causing the scale to not move fast enough. Now that I threw it away I don't stress over the number.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
IYeah, it's funny and we all do it hoping for a better number. I moved my scale into the garage and then back in the house and finally put it in a bag and left it in the parking lot at the mall. I was too obsessed with it and I think that stress was causing the scale to not move fast enough. Now that I threw it away I don't stress over the number.
Due to my DH being layed off from his job in June, we had to give up going to the clinic around Thanksgiving, so I don't get weighed in there any more. I have to see how much I weigh, PLUS once a person gets closer to goal, my clinic said they would have me weighing daily, so I could "keep" track of my weigh, and LEARN not obsess about it, but to use it as a tool. Most days I only weigh once as soon as I get up......on that day I was SO sure I'd lost, I did get a little "crazy"......most days I'm a little more "normal" than that!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 02-10-2011 at 06:15 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
DreamWarrior! It's good to see you here on site with us again! Sorry about your injury and having to go through physical therapy. Hey, I finally started jogging and even did a 5K in September (Race for the Cure--my first 5K jog!), and another one in October! There is NO way I'd ever try a marathon, like you've done. I hope to hear from you here til you get to goal and well into maintenance! I reached maintenance in September, and after the weather got colder in November really cut down on exercising and have had a tough time adding carbs without gaining. I'm so thankful for this forum because I'm accountable for my choices here. Read the first couple of messages of Energy In/Energy Out....it's a thread created for that accountability! Feel free to join us
Thanks!! And... CONGRATULATIONS on all your success! That's awesome.

I've stopped cold on running. Mostly because of my hip/knee injuries, but also because of the weather. I want to run again because I found it helped me tremendously in the diet area, but also in helping me with my moods and clearing up my head. Its amazing what a 20 minute jog will do.

The NYC marathon was amazing. I didn't run the entire thing, and finished in about 7 hours. I jogged, walked, waddled... if I had to crawl over the finish line I would have done it! I just wanted to finish... and if that doesnt give you mind trip, I dont know what else does.

Its such an experience that I recommend it TO EVERYONE! The emotion you will feel is like nothing you have ever felt before. The biggest loser marathon was my inspiration, and if any one of you can find it in your gut to dish out 26.2 miles with a group of other maniacs... I highly recommend it. You'll never regret it.
Closed Thread