Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Feels so good, doesn't it?!?!

I had my first week weigh in today and I lost 11.4 lbs!!! I am over the moon!

The past week was very difficult. I'm glad it paid off
Awesome Moxie! That is beyond awesome! Congrats to you!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
and WTG!!!!! Moxie and Lisa

Keep reading and asking questions....we're here for you!!!!

cindy

PS...this is my "before" picture LOL!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Thank you Cindy. Your stats are very inspiring!!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
The scale isn't moving, so it's time for a change of plan. Today I got out my week 1 info, and followed it to a T. I did a "pseudo" week 1 for the last couple days, but probably still had too many carbs. So today I ate just under 600 calories of PROTEIN, and the only carbs I had were the ones in my SF Coffee Mate Creamer in my coffee. I only had 1 cup of coffee (all though it's a BIG cup, but I usually have 2) I also really watched my salt intake.

Tomorrow I plan on having MORE calories of Plain, Low Fat Protein.....probably around 1000-1200 IF I can get that much down! Saturday I plan on going back to 500-600 calories. I looked to see about how many calories I burned with my walking today and it was over 500, so I know I'm burning MORE than I'm taking in. That blasted scale HAS to move soon! GRRRR

I went to a movie with a friend this afternoon.....she ate a WHOLE bag of popcorn, and I wasn't even temped.....now THAT's determination

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Welcome to the new members....great job on your first week! Continue with this program and you WILL see lots of success!

Mary - your determination is bound to pay off, a week 1 with "zig-zagging" calories should definitely help! Any other types of exercise you can do - have you tried the zumba dvd's? Just wondering if your body is so used to walking that it no longer needs to work quite as hard at it. Just a thought!

Went to see a friend and her newborn son today, oh how I've missed cuddling a baby! It was so nice, I so so so want 1 more!

Going for our 2nd visit to 2 houses tomorrow - how we will ever decide between these two homes is beyond me.....both are beautiful new construction - one is 3 bedrooms with a bigger yard, the other is 4 bedrooms with a smaller yard....if only I could put the 4 bed on the larger lot....that would be perfection! Making a decision stresses me out! I am so bad - I literally just typed a pro/con list for the houses and made a binder with all of their paperwork.....my husband laughed at me! I had to organize my thoughts on paper!

Off to find my nighttime snack....looks like sf jello with cool whip!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - I'm glad you're going to try eating more and zig zagging your intake to get a boost again. I think you've been eating so little and working so hard (but enjoying) your 5+ mile walks that your body is used to it and won't let go of weight!

Keri - How exciting. Praying that you'll just KNOW when you are entering the home and picturing your family there. I remember those days. A big thing is to consider who the neighbors currently are. For me, I've always driven past the neighborhood at different times/different days just to get an idea of what it would be like living there. It's such a big decision and a once or twice indoor visit isn't enough or me! Your kids will probably live there til they are out of your household. I've never moved into a brand new development, new house, how fun!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Keri, and Deb......I think you're right about the exercise. Now that the Zumba DVDs have arrived, I NEED to get busy and try them. I sure wish I had a DVD player in the privacy of my bedroom, so I wouldn't have to wait for everyone to be gone, or have an audience

Keri, HOW exciting about the house! It's a great dilemma to have You said it's new construction, have you asked the builder/representative IF there are any bigger lots still available that you could have the bigger house built on, OR could you look for your own lot and have them build it (of course that would take longer waiting for it to be built). IF that isn't an option, I'd go for the bigger house. I know your girls are young, but I'd take the extra room any day especially if you're thinking of adding another little one! Kids really don't care how big the yard is, and the older they get the less they will play outside in the back yard. I think Deb's idea about driving the neighborhood at different times of day is a really good one too! Keep us up-dated!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
First Week

I was looking around the forums and it appears you all have monthly conversation threads??? I thought it would be the place to introduce myself!

I live in Florida and I have two daughters... 8 and 3 years old. I was thin my whole life until I had children. I gained 60 pounds with my first pregnancy and lost about 40 before I got pregnant again. I gained another 60. I have tried many different diets, but have not had success with losing the weight.

I started the Medi Weightloss Diet this week, on Wednesday. I have felt great, but I find it really hard to eat. I have to force the calories in to reach the amount the nurse told me to eat. Has anyone else had this problem? Nothing sounds good to me and I basically just force myself to eat because I do not want to cause any issues with eating less than the amount of calories I should.

Other than that and a slight head ache I have felt great!! I will weigh in again next week, so we will see how it is working! My goal is to reach my goal weight by my 30th birthday, which is this November.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
Start Date: October 2010
I too found it really hard to get my calories. It always seemed like a lot of food to be eating, but then again I was the queen of eating little but badly!
Really try to eat those calories, though. I found that when I eat higher in my calories (around 600) I actually lose more weight.

On a HAPPY note, I FINALLY reached the 150's! I thought I would NEVER see this. It took me forever to get out of the 160s. I also notice my 10s fitting smaller.

Question for everyone, my nurse told me that my body fat is in the desirable range at 26 and that I could get away with stopping whenever I was comfortable.... but to me that still seems a little high. What do you guys thinK? I thought it was better to be in the lower 20's.

Have a great week!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Hi Everyone!
I just went in for my first weigh in and lost 8lbs! I am still a little shocked! I thought 2lbs tops. My wedding anniversary (19 years) is Feb 14, for those of you who have been doing this a while, any suggestions for eating out? Can I "cheat" one day? will it totally ruin everything I have been doing? I would love to have a glass of wine, or a bit of chocolate, but won't if it will push me back to the beginning.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovemilk
Stats: 264.6/253.4/180
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 1/22/11
Just wanted to share my week 2 results! 5.2 lbs... very happy about this! Woo hoo!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
So . . . I was wondering what you all are doing/hoping to recieve for Valentine's Day? I know candy is out, and going out to eat is a bit tricky these days, so I'm hoping you all have creative suggestions!

I was disappointed by the scale again this morning. I was hoping to be closer to (actually at, or over ) the -20 pound mark, as I come up on my one month date. On a better note -- I fit into a favorite pair of size 8 capris this morning! I haven't worn them for years, and I quit because my muffin top had turned into a sheet cake. LOL Another inch and I think I'll wear them in public!

~Roni
Old 02-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
Start Date: October 2010
Cheftrish,
My philophosy is special occasions I enjoy what I want within reason. Eat mostly protein like a lean steak or chicken, and have a little treat to make the day special. Whatever you do as far as your cheat meal, just hit week one for the next day or two. That usually works for me!
I am learning that those special occasions are meant for special foods like sweets and carbs. I used to have special days every day and that was my problem! We need to learn to enjoy our special days!
Melissa
Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Had my weigh in today and only lost -0.2 but I'm not upset at all. After one of the most devasting week I had, I'm happy I didn't gained. I'm so thankful my life is back to normal and God willing, will hit the gym tomorrow

Revised mini goal #1, still thinking about #2 and #3

~K
Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post
Just wanted to share my week 2 results! 5.2 lbs... very happy about this! Woo hoo!
Congrats! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody7287 View Post
Cheftrish,
My philophosy is special occasions I enjoy what I want within reason. Eat mostly protein like a lean steak or chicken, and have a little treat to make the day special. Whatever you do as far as your cheat meal, just hit week one for the next day or two. That usually works for me!
I am learning that those special occasions are meant for special foods like sweets and carbs. I used to have special days every day and that was my problem! We need to learn to enjoy our special days!
Melissa
Melissa,
That is SO true - "special days every day" - that was me. I don't think I can do a "cheat day" or even a meal. I've just gotta keep on doing what works. But a great steak and salad with ff dressing works for celebrating. If I don't have to cook it, it's special!
~Roni
Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
Melissa,
That is SO true - "special days every day" - that was me. I don't think I can do a "cheat day" or even a meal. I've just gotta keep on doing what works. But a great steak and salad with ff dressing works for celebrating. If I don't have to cook it, it's special!
~Roni
When we went out the last time at a really nice place, I had a wonderful meal, and even ended up taking part of it home for the next day! I had a surf and turf....king crab legs, and a small steak. I picked at the salad, but really I wasn't very interested in lettuce. By that time I was finding eating out much easier. I pretty much knew what I could eat. I didn't even spend more than a quick glance looking at the menu.

Enjoy a wonderful steak.....kiss your sweetie, SHOW him how much you love him by getting healthy, and enjoy his company THAT's what Valentines Day is about
Old 02-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deshaye70
Stats: 269/245.8/165
Start Date: January 2011
Week three results

Hi, Everyone!

Week three is down...and I'm down another 3 pounds...for a total of 15.5! I also have lost three inches off my waist!!!

I've read through the posts since I haven't been on in a week...welcome to all the new members...and congratulations to those who have lost.

There are a bunch of us that joined at about the same time...so we'll definitely help one another on this journey to get healthy...since we're close to the same weeks in the program.

Talk to you all soon!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAinTN View Post
I had my first week weigh in today and I lost 9.2 lbs.!!! I'm SO thrilled. Woohoo!
Congrats! That's a great first week! I'm just so thrilled to be successful every week. Medi is the one that works!

I LOVE your (and Mary's) cute count down in your signature, so I went to Ticker Factory and made one, but now this web site is telling me I'm not allowed to have a signature . . . how is that? Anyone know? Did I do something wrong when I registered?

Thanks,
~Roni
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshaye70 View Post
Hi, Everyone!

Week three is down...and I'm down another 3 pounds...for a total of 15.5! I also have lost three inches off my waist!!!

I've read through the posts since I haven't been on in a week...welcome to all the new members...and congratulations to those who have lost.

There are a bunch of us that joined at about the same time...so we'll definitely help one another on this journey to get healthy...since we're close to the same weeks in the program.

Talk to you all soon!
Congrats! That is awesome! I think I'm one of those who joined about the same time as you! (January 8).
~Roni
Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
When we went out the last time at a really nice place, I had a wonderful meal, and even ended up taking part of it home for the next day! I had a surf and turf....king crab legs, and a small steak. I picked at the salad, but really I wasn't very interested in lettuce. By that time I was finding eating out much easier. I pretty much knew what I could eat. I didn't even spend more than a quick glance looking at the menu.

Enjoy a wonderful steak.....kiss your sweetie, SHOW him how much you love him by getting healthy, and enjoy his company THAT's what Valentines Day is about
Mary, you are SO right. I've eaten out a couple of times. And eating a good steak that someone else grilled is nice! And a good salad, too!

Our anniversary/my birthday is coming up next month and today I was thrilled to think of the perfect way to celebrate: "Wicked" is coming to the area! And I think we're the only people left who haven't seen it in some form! I'm so excited to have a no-cal romantic date! (Just in case anyone else is looking for ideas).
~Roni
Old 02-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mary, you are SO right. I've eaten out a couple of times. And eating a good steak that someone else grilled is nice! And a good salad, too!

Our anniversary/my birthday is coming up next month and today I was thrilled to think of the perfect way to celebrate: "Wicked" is coming to the area! And I think we're the only people left who haven't seen it in some form! I'm so excited to have a no-cal romantic date! (Just in case anyone else is looking for ideas).
~Roni
I haven't seen it either Did read the book tho! We're going to a local playhouse tonight. This is a series of short plays (5 I think) in the "Black Box" theater.....I'm not really sure what that is....maybe no scenery?

I'm broiling plain fish (flounder). I usually grill it, and it's one of my favorite dinners, but I just remembered the grill is out of gas. I'm meeting friends to attend a plant and garden show tomorrow while the guys water the superbowl! I'm fixing my low carb chili for him to take. We found salt and vinegar pork rinds today at WinnDixie.....those are WAY too good
Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
I can relate to the stalled weight loss. I lost .9 pounds this week and 1.8 the week before. I really want a 3 lb weight loss. Following everything, in ketosis, drinking water, exercising. Starting to get discouraged but then I tell myself I am still losing, even if slow. I am not eating nearly as much pre Medi so it has to come off, right? Clinic says I'm doing everything right and doing great. I guess I just don't feel that way because it is so slow.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliciahmartin
Stats: 201/185/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 2010
Don't feel discouraged. I have also had very slow weight loss but I'm sticking with it. You can do it!
I have a dilemma. My husband has been out of town for a few weeks and wants to take me out to dinner this weekend. I really want to go out and have a nice time but I'm worried about what's going to happen if I don't eat medi-friendly one night. Will it set me back? I feel like I should treat myself to something at least once a month. Is this wrong?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Congrats! That's a great first week! I'm just so thrilled to be successful every week. Medi is the one that works!

I LOVE your (and Mary's) cute count down in your signature, so I went to Ticker Factory and made one, but now this web site is telling me I'm not allowed to have a signature . . . how is that? Anyone know? Did I do something wrong when I registered?

Thanks,
~Roni
Hi Roni,
I'll bet the system won't let you do certain things until you've been promoted from a Junior member to a Senior member (I think it has to do with how many times you post, number of posts, or how long, over time, you've been a member). I know you cannot send a private message to anyone until you've become a Senior member. Hope this helps!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I haven't seen it either Did read the book tho! We're going to a local playhouse tonight. This is a series of short plays (5 I think) in the "Black Box" theater.....I'm not really sure what that is....maybe no scenery?

I'm broiling plain fish (flounder). I usually grill it, and it's one of my favorite dinners, but I just remembered the grill is out of gas. I'm meeting friends to attend a plant and garden show tomorrow while the guys water the superbowl! I'm fixing my low carb chili for him to take. We found salt and vinegar pork rinds today at WinnDixie.....those are WAY too good
Mary,
Salt and vinegar? Hmmm -- do they taste like salt and vinegar chips? Yum.
The garden show sounds great, as does the Black Box theater -- let us know what it was and if it was good. And thanks for reminding me that I got a copy of Wicked for Christmas -- I'll have to read it next.
Does your low carb Chili have beans? Is the recipe on the site somewhere?
Hope you have a great day tomorrow,
~Roni
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi Roni,
I'll bet the system won't let you do certain things until you've been promoted from a Junior member to a Senior member (I think it has to do with how many times you post, number of posts, or how long, over time, you've been a member). I know you cannot send a private message to anyone until you've become a Senior member. Hope this helps!
Deb,
Thanks. That makes sense. I had thought that it was a newbie, like me, who had the countdown, but after you said that I looked again, and it was actually a senior member quoting a newbie.
I'll just have to talk a lot and "grow up" quickly. LOL
~Roni
Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
dodgern, Thanks so much for your response. I am still planning on going to the doctor just to make sure that everything is ok. I kind of thought my surprise came along because of the diet but just to be on the safe side I need to have that confirmed. The good thing is that I'm down 19.8 pounds and I feel SOOOOO much better.
betty_going_85, I just found your post about surprise period. It just happened to me too, last week. I am 53 years old as you and did not have a period for 2 years. Went on vacation to Dominican Republic thinking at least for once I don't have to worry about those things and bam, I got it - it behaved strangely, went for 12-13 days. I got very scared and that spoiled my vacation (even made me go off my diet and I gained like 6 pounds, I am in wellness after losing 113 lb). I saw my doctor, he ordered bunch of tests, all of them came ok except still waiting for biopsy. I am hoping what Cindy says is mine and your case, my Internet research said the same thing. So I will keep you posted. Now I am desperately trying to lose these damn 6 pounds

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
betty_going_85, I just found your post about surprise period. It just happened to me too, last week. I am 53 years old as you and did not have a period for 2 years. Went on vacation to Dominican Republic thinking at least for once I don't have to worry about those things and bam, I got it - it behaved strangely, went for 12-13 days. I got very scared and that spoiled my vacation (even made me go off my diet and I gained like 6 pounds, I am in wellness after losing 113 lb). I saw my doctor, he ordered bunch of tests, all of them came ok except still waiting for biopsy. I am hoping what Cindy says is mine and your case, my Internet research said the same thing. So I will keep you posted. Now I am desperately trying to lose these damn 6 pounds
The same thing happened to me....twice, but what Cindy says about hormones is fact! I'm VERY glad you got checked out by the Dr though, and that the Dr didn't just "blow" you off, but did tests.....too bad they didn't preface doing the test by saying that MOST of the time it's because of the loss of fat, as well as relaxing (as on vacation) it might have made this wait for the results easier for you. Who needs the drama that our minds add to our lives?......health care professionals (I'm one) sometimes "forget" that not everyone knows what they know, and a lot of anxiety could be resolved by explaining things better.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
I am on my 5th day on the program. I did the ketosis strip and the color on it was dark. Not the darkest one, but the one before that. I am one step above the area the nurse told me to stay in. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I drink all the fluids and eat all the calories. I only eat food off the list they gave me. Has anyone had this happen? What does it mean if your strip is too dark? I did the test for the first time this weekend and I also took my girl scout troop camping. I know I drank plenty of fluids, but I thought maybe that had something to do with it.. maybe I should have drank more.... any idea??
Closed Thread