Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Lins-Kudos to you, that's Awesome!
Mary- I know you miss it, but holy-moly please don't hurt yourself! Sore knees are awful, you don't realize how much you use them until they hurt I felt VERY sore today, after over-doing it with the Pilates yesterday.
Fit2010- I used the recipe posted by Susie, I just added 1 oz of chicken breast. It would be better if you could get a little creamier sauce. I think if you doubled the laughing cow and used 2 whole wedges that would be a big help. I posted a picture of it in my MEDI meals album.
I have been drinking out the WaZoo today. I'm sure the scale had moved this morning, by almost another 3 pounds; however, I know my weight fluctuates daily, so I'll only be changing stats after my MEDI weigh in. I'm going to suck it up and get the 2nd injection tomorrow What are y'alls thoughts on it?
I was getting the 2nd injection every other week but I never felt any difference between those weeks. It is supposed to help with with water retention. It is pretty painful plus another $10...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Haven't posted in quite awhile but have been catching up on everyone. Ann, sorry about the job. I know that can be devasting!
Congrats on everyone else, it was nice to read up on everyone's accomplishments. My comment is more for those in maintainence. I have been struggling with a 10 -15lb gain since I reached goal in November. I have to be honest and admit that my choices haven't always be good and I am working on that. I have also increased my excerise alot and have never been in such good condition.
My main problem is I am tired of thinking about food ALL THE TIME. It seems like I am a constantly thinking and planning on what I am going to eat, even when I'm not hungry. When I do finish eating I start planning what I am going to eat next. Even when I'm working out I am trying to figure out how much calories I am burning so again, I can figure out what to eat. Does anyone else have this problem?
Also in response to the newbies comments about teaching their children healthy eating, I have a 16yr daughter whose weight has fluctuated constantly her whole live. While she has never been overwieght she has been borderline according to her doctor several times. She is now aware of what she eats and has dramatically changed her eating habits. We attend several Zumba classes together and we both enjoy shoppng together. I thank Medi for many things but this more than anything else.
Sorry for the long post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I have been struggling with a 10 -15lb gain since I reached goal in November. I have to be honest and admit that my choices haven't always be good and I am working on that. I have also increased my excerise alot and have never been in such good condition.
My main problem is I am tired of thinking about food ALL THE TIME. It seems like I am a constantly thinking and planning on what I am going to eat, even when I'm not hungry. When I do finish eating I start planning what I am going to eat next. Even when I'm working out I am trying to figure out how much calories I am burning so again, I can figure out what to eat. Does anyone else have this problem?
Losing - This is me to a "t". I feel like food is all I think about. I have lists all over the house and in every spiral bound notebook everywhere about my food intake for the day or what it will be the next day or calories in vs. calories out or how many protein calories that was or how many more I need it and on and on and on. I just wish I could eat like a normal person and maintain. I still don't have it figured out and I hit goal in AUGUST. I do have a clinic visit today and I'm meeting with the doctor. I have lots of questions for her today. Just one more of my crazy lists!! Good luck to you and please keep posting!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Ugh, I had hoped the obsessing over food would stop with time....right now I am sitting here eating breakfast and wondering what I will have for an AM snack and lunch and what time those should both be at! I stress about what to eat, when to eat it, how much to eat, etc! One of my biggest things is that I eat daily less than what the clinic wanted me to eat (both calorie count and servings of things) and then I worry about that - but, if I'm not hungry why am I going to out more food in my mouth???

I average about 1500 calories a day, clinic wants me at 1900 (2200-2400 on high exercise days). There is no way! But seeing as how my weight has basically plateau'ed right now, I need to believe that maybe I know what my body needs more than the calorimeter (which is what my husband is trying to convince me of!).

So, it looks like i'm in store for a long obsession with food....which ironically, is probably what got me to Medi in the first place!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 02-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Congrats losing and Lea!

I completely second what Keri just said! LOL I've said so many times, it's ironic that I eat so few calories and spend so much time thinking about food. AND I had hoped that it would stop eventually! But it sounds as if maintenance is complicated, too.

I guess it would be less complicated/tempting if I could ever manage to keep the bad/junk food (and Girl Scout cookies) out of my house (not easy with 3 teenage boys and a husband that can eat their own weight in junk food and not gain an ounce. Grrr).

Well, hang in there, ladies. I'm hoping that maintaining is at least easier than week one, right?
~Roni

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...QO0/weight.png
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Keri - I'm so jealous of your higher end calorie allowance. I'm at 1,200 a day. My metabolism is extremely low. I was hoping for a higher allowance and was pretty disappointed with only 1,200. Some days that's really overwhelming because it doesn't allow for many indulgences at ALL. With this low of a calorie limit, it still feels a lot more like a diet than a lifestyle change. And that's what I struggle with. My constant thoughts are: what in the world can I eat today that will be different, yummy, satisfying and STILL stay under 1,200. Hopefully, because your thoughts are how to get UP TO an amount, your worries won't be as much. If you're not hungry, do you really have to eat? My trouble is that I'm truly hungry and my 1,200 are already gone for the day.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenriderrdh View Post
Thats awesome Kelly! I have successfully stayed away from those cookies this year too!

Ann, I'm sorry about your job. My father in law was in the same predicament, luckily he just found something that he loves even more! Good luck to you!

Can you buy the Walden Farms products in stores?
Thanks, Jenriderrdh. Your well-wishes are SO appreciated!! And, I have been able to find a limited number of the Walden Farms items in our local Publix grocery store. Do you have those?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Thank you so much for the compliment, but it is my little princess, Annie, that is stealing the show. Ann, I am so sorry about your job situation, but I too believe when one door closes another one opens.
Awww - Annie is adorable (great name !) Thank you Susie for your comments. I feel a lot of "rallying around" from my friends here, and it is definitely helping my mood!! Can't wait to see what's on the other side of that door....
Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Three things:
I tried the Jillian Michaels Shred yesterday. WOW. There was no way I could have done it again today. In fact, it was all I could do to make my exercise bike go at all.

Ann, it's been a few years now and it STILL hurts, but I was the marketing director for a non-profit here in my town and a new executive director was brought in when the one I'd worked under for five years retired. In a week under the new one, I was let go. I was devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with you thru this and my hope is that you bounce back quickly! I'm so sorry!

And lastly, Susie, holy cow. I knew you looked fabulous now. I've already seen before and after pictures, but these pictures side by side are amazing. Your weight loss was so significant, even the shape of your eyes looks different! They're so deep-set in your after and you've really emphasize them with that gorgeous make up! I've always wanted eyes like that. You are beautiful!
Thank you, Lea. You, and so many others here, are my "heroes" ~ such strength in adversity, and you all have come out looking and feeling beautiful! Hope I can stay that strong, too .
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Ann, We're in the same boat! DH was layed off in June. He turned 60 in July. We THOUGHT he'd found the perfect job (we could stay in FL) but that fell through. He's interviewed for several jobs.......we think he'll have another (this time face to face) interview next week so we had our sister-in-law color his hair, and beard to remove SOME of the gray........it looks so natural our kids didn't even notice, they just said he looked like he's lost more weight! I'll pray for us both! I KNOW things will be great!

I've just completed day 6 of "week one", and KNOW I'm in ketosis (I never show more than a trace or small, but the clinic said that was fine) I was jogging the other day, and did something STUPID.....I jogged part of the way up, and all the way down both ways on the causeway bridge (1.5 miles total.....but not all jogging). While my knees felt fine at the time, within a couple hours both knees swelled, and the muscles on the backside of my knees got severly TIGHT! I can barely bend either knee now! So while I'm doing great with my eating, and now my exercising has taken a hit! I'm hoping that the "change" will help SHOCK my system, and really jump start my weightloss again[/QUOTE]

Mary! Your words mean so much to me. You've been a huge support for me right from the beginning, and I've been following your husband's progress toward finding a job. I'm sure he will find a great position in a company that (let's hope) deserves him!
I was so very sorry to read about your knees, and hope that you are well on your way to recovery. PLEASE be careful and don't push yourself so hard next time!
Again, thank you.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Ann - so sorry about your job, thoughts are with you. Keep eating healthy and taking care of yourself, the rest will fall into place.

Thank you, Keri, and as someone else here said, you have definitely been an inspiration to me!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Ann - I've been away from the computer for a couple of days and only read this today. I'm sorry this is your circumstance for now. We never know why these things happen, but they do. Our attitude and response is a big reflection of what we know to be true. I'm glad you are looking to the Lord. I truly believe that nothing happens that He doesn't know about or allow. You have a great body and attitude....all tuned up and attractively healthy for going out and applying for a new position!! When overweight we tend to feel down on ourselves and that can project to how others may perceive us too. But YOU are healthy, marketable, and who cares that you are 57, if you have what they are looking for you will get the job! Praying that you will trust God in this and not react to the stress. I too struggle with stress eating when I feel out of control of whatever is happening around me. Perspective....who's really in control anyways? God is good. All the time.

Lins and Erika- Good to read that you are checking in again! I too went up 16 lbs after the death of one of my cats/Thanksgiving/Christmas/stress....now 13lbs over goal and headed back to 137. Taking a very stressful 4 credits in 8 weeks grad class, working my 2 jobs, and thinking of one DD upcoming wedding and other DD dating a guy who is considering a job in Washington DC. Whew! It can really mess with me when I try to find "comfort" in the old addiction of carbs. It's a lie that sugar is an energy giver and comfort. It's an energy stealer and just adds to more feelings of defeat! I'm thankful we can continue to learn from each other and give support.
Thank you, Deb!! You are such a support!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

I just got this info via an e-mail (I know, I know). I checked it out, and the facts did come from legitamate studies. It just made me feel good about drinking 128 oz. plus each day, so I thought I'd share!

WATER FACTS:
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pains for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
I just got this info via an e-mail (I know, I know). I checked it out, and the facts did come from legitamate studies.
Make that "legitmate." LOL
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ronism - Thanks for sharing the "facts" about water intake.....we hear it from our MWL counselors, we know it to be true personally, but sometimes we just avoid drinking so much water because it's inconvenient or too cold! In the Fall and Winter I drink at least two cups of herb tea (caffiene free) and count that towards my water.

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-28-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Keri - I'm so jealous of your higher end calorie allowance. I'm at 1,200 a day. My metabolism is extremely low. I was hoping for a higher allowance and was pretty disappointed with only 1,200. Some days that's really overwhelming because it doesn't allow for many indulgences at ALL. With this low of a calorie limit, it still feels a lot more like a diet than a lifestyle change. And that's what I struggle with. My constant thoughts are: what in the world can I eat today that will be different, yummy, satisfying and STILL stay under 1,200. Hopefully, because your thoughts are how to get UP TO an amount, your worries won't be as much. If you're not hungry, do you really have to eat? My trouble is that I'm truly hungry and my 1,200 are already gone for the day.
You said it Lea!! I too am supposed to be at 1200 calories limit due to a slow metabolism and I got so frustrated with trying to count and add fiber, variety, good fats, etc. It's a trial and error thing, especially when crazy busy with other things like work and school. I wanted to be DONE counting calories! But here we are, all still learning!

After 4 days of doing okay with week 1 again, I'm finally in trace ketosis again this AM.....hadn't been in ketosis for about 5 to 6 months! It's always a good feeling with that AM ketostix changes color, it's a good motivation to stick with good choices. I've lost 3.6 lbs in the past 4 days. NEVER want to be over 145 again, ever!! Right now I'm 148, so 11 lbs over goal. I'm still a work in progress

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-28-2011 at 08:13 AM..
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

losing, lea, keri, roni and others, I second all your posts about this sad food situation. My whole day is structered around my food intake. I am supposed to eat 1400 cal to maintain and I am constantly counting and worrying that I may undercount, especially in those items that I cook and when I cannot exercise. Nomal people stop eating when they are full, I stop when my allotted food is finished and after each meal I always feel sorry that there is nomore food to be had. I try to have my first meal later (around 10:30 a.m.) and then eat 3 more meals within 3-4 hours of each other so that I can only eat 4 meals a day (including snacks) and with the last being a tea with some desserts around 9. Right after I finish my meal, I start counting hours before I can have my next meal regardless if I am hungry or not. I never leave home without my snacks. To my husband it seems that I am always eating or talking about eating... I doubt it will ever change.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Irina, One thing is for sure. My labs look much better (cholestrol, HgbA1C/diabetes test) and I feel better having lost the weight. It's still work, but because of the work invested thus far I'm a much healthier version of myself. So, it was worth the work of being in acute, the exercise, and the $$$. I just don't want any newbie out there reading our last few comments and getting discouraged. I definitely see benefits!! I had NEVER been a jogger until last April. It's amazing what we can do when we are disciplined. I guess part of it is that after so much effort in discipline we were hoping it would become second nature so much so that we wouldn't have to PLAN. Guess that's just not reality!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Irina, One thing is for sure. My labs look much better (cholestrol, HgbA1C/diabetes test) and I feel better having lost the weight. It's still work, but because of the work invested thus far I'm a much healthier version of myself. So, it was worth the work of being in acute, the exercise, and the $$$. I just don't want any newbie out there reading our last few comments and getting discouraged. I definitely see benefits!! I had NEVER been a jogger until last April. It's amazing what we can do when we are disciplined. I guess part of it is that after so much effort in discipline we were hoping it would become second nature so much so that we wouldn't have to PLAN. Guess that's just not reality!
Oh, I absolutely agree with you. The benefits of losing all this weight are tremendous, inproved health, fitness, confidence, to name just a few. So even if I have to obsess about food and that is the only way to keep my demons at bay - so be it. I always thought that it's just me with this screwed up food attitide. Knowing that I am not alone in this the struggle hIt helps me.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
[QUOTE=Fit2010;14421294]
After 4 days of doing okay with week 1 again, I'm finally in trace ketosis again this AM.....hadn't been in ketosis for about 5 to 6 months! It's always a good feeling with that AM ketostix changes color, it's a good motivation to stick with good choices.QUOTE]

I had forgotten the "FEEL" of it being lunch time, and having NO DESIRE to eat! But here I am........I got a PM from another Medi person who suggested increasing my fats just a little, and I tried that this morning. So between being in ketosis, and still keeping my carbs VERY low, and increasing my fats (Just a little) it has really KILLED my appetite. I have not weighed for several days, and probably won't until Wednesday, but I'm hoping to see a loss again

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Anyone know what gets added back in in week 2? Or is it different for everyone? I dont remember how this worked last time i did this.

I have my weigh in tonight but trying to avoid going to the grocery store after when ill be starving and want to try to do it now. Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Thanks for the feedback everyone it helps to know I'm not alone in my "obsession". Better go and plan for dinner and evening snack LOL
Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxgrl View Post
Anyone know what gets added back in in week 2? Or is it different for everyone? I dont remember how this worked last time i did this.

I have my weigh in tonight but trying to avoid going to the grocery store after when ill be starving and want to try to do it now. Any help would be appreciated
That is when you add back your fruits & veggies. Lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage any NON starchy veggie......remember? At my center anyway it's 2 cups of raw veggies or salad perday OR 1/2 C cooked veggies AND 1 C raw, OR you can substitute a fruit for one veggie......Tomato is a fruit, but you can have 1 C! This is when you also add back a little fat, like 6 almonds, or some olive oil.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grfxgrl
Stats: 5'4" - 213/192/134
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Restarting: 2/21/2011
Thank you Mary T8M!!! Helpful as always

I have my weigh-in in a couple of hours, hope to pull a good number! Last time i only lost 3.2lbs the first week...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #445
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Znayda76
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 10, 2011
Today I am craving something sweet. I am in week 3 is there any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znayda76 View Post
Today I am craving something sweet. I am in week 3 is there any suggestions?
Weep up some 0% fat plain greek style yogurt with 1tsp of unsweetened cocao powder and splenda.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #447
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
Start Date: January 2011
Hi everyone. I just finished week 5 of MWL and I lost another 4 lbs. today for total of 24 lbs. I love this diet and am having fun with it too. I am slowly adding walking cause I have arthritis in my left knee with alot of pain. Sounds like everyone doing great.
See you around, Hugs,Lynn in Ohio
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hi Everyone! Come on over to the new March thread! It is all up and ready to go!

**Merrily Making our Way into a MWL March**

Jo
Closed Thread