Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Its day 3 and I dont feel so well, or have any energy, its the hardest day so far. I didnt take my AS today, because the last two days they had my heart racing and I couldnt sleep. I am not feeling hungry, just feeling a little quesy from drinking so much water. I took a ketone test and it said I am between large (8) and large (9)(the last one). I have been drinking about 96-112 oz of water or powerade or propel zeros everyday, I am pushing for an extra bottle today, but this is my greatest challenge from previously drinking maybe 1 bottle of water/day to now 6-8. ahh, i just want to lay down..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
LOL Swirvegirl! Good job on the weight loss!!! My problem has never been constipation on this diet. HBP runs in my family and if I don't drink enough water and eat any salt at all I tend to swell up really bad. I just hate it when I wake up in the A.M. and feel that way...bloated with sausage fingers. :P
Old 02-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Laughing Out Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I feel swollen...I'm afraid to get on the scale this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
LOL Swirvegirl! Good job on the weight loss!!! My problem has never been constipation on this diet. HBP runs in my family and if I don't drink enough water and eat any salt at all I tend to swell up really bad. I just hate it when I wake up in the A.M. and feel that way...bloated with sausage fingers. :P
HaHaHa so sorry that you are having this problem with "sausage fingers", but You mean to tell me I just gave a lecture on my BOWEL habits for no good reason! LOLOLOLOLOL I'm honestly dying laughing, but SERIOUSLY I hope you feel better soon. Are you on lasix?
I hope someone else will benefit from my constipation seminar
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
Its day 3 and I dont feel so well, or have any energy, its the hardest day so far. I didnt take my AS today, because the last two days they had my heart racing and I couldnt sleep. I am not feeling hungry, just feeling a little quesy from drinking so much water. I took a ketone test and it said I am between large (8) and large (9)(the last one). I have been drinking about 96-112 oz of water or powerade or propel zeros everyday, I am pushing for an extra bottle today, but this is my greatest challenge from previously drinking maybe 1 bottle of water/day to now 6-8. ahh, i just want to lay down..
The first week is the worst! I can't make you believe me, BUT it does get better! I seriously crashed and burned around day 5! DRINK your chicken broth, it really does help tremendously. It DOES get better. I'm now officially starting week 4 today. I have felt wonderful for these last few days! I can tell that my system has adjusted to this LOW carb-LOW cal WOE.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

LOL, no, the lecture will help the majority for sure!!!

Not on Lasix, just need to watch my salt intake and drink more water. I had boiled crab last night and of course it has a ton of salt in the seasoning and I just didn't drink enough water after. Tomorrow is my weigh in so of course I am chugging water today and will spend half the day running off to pee!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

I agree. I think MEDI should include a Foley LEG bag in the starter package! When I'm at work, I can NOT run to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #337
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Hey all, I've been trying to catch up with everyone since I was away so long. Congrats to everyone on the losses (especially through Valentines!). It's great to see so many newbies since I was here last.

Wishing everyone a great day! It's almost Friday!!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Shelley I can totally relate to sausage fingers! as a matter of fact I have always said I have sausage legs! lol! But I have HBP too, and am taking verapamil, it is supposed to not cause water retention. Water retention is a huge problem for me, the NP said I have 80lbs of water!!! She said that was high, but I don't know what normal is.

Congrats Swirveegrl!! 13 lbs of fat in 3 weeks!! That is amazing.

Okay, dulcolax....that stuff is STRONG!!! I took it thinking it might get things moving and lets just say I couldn't leave the house for a day! lol! They have gone back on the shelf. I swiched to COLACE if I need it. I had it after having my kids and I was breastfeeding (are there any men on this thread? they are getting an earful today!) so I know its safe. I have to say the miracle noodles REALLY help and not in a bad way, that was an unlooked for benefit from nearly choking to death trying to get them own!

Foley LEG bag, now that is hardcore!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

VElite, You really need to get some fluids in you, I agree the chicken broth should help and be sure you get enough electrolytes. I think if your strip is reading high you are not getting enough fluids, does anyone else have an opinion?? I would call your clinic and let them know how you are feeling. The first week is the hardest! But if you feel light headed call the clinic. That is what they are there for.
I don't take the AS because I am very sensitive to it and have HBP, so I take the STAYSLIM, and while not as strong I think it helps. They are going to wean you off the AS anyway, so see if you can get the stay slim - it is included so you don't have to pay for it.
Hang in and I hope you feel better!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Trish, the MWL printout with total body water includes your muscles and stuff...it's not all water! Somewhere in this forum I posted a breakdown of what the printout means from Tanita meters. Lemme see if I can bump it.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Ok, bumped it, but nevermind what I said. Your FFM includes everything but fat and your TBW is your total body water, but that is all water in our bodies. That means everything down to the cellular level and humans are full of water...in every tissue.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
MWL and Food Choices

Hi y'all

As a member in maintenance, I also "lurk" in here to see how everyone is doing and see if I can help. As usual, y'all are doing well at helping each other

For those of you who thought that Jo (Desert Rose) might have sounded a little harsh, trust me when I say that all she says has always been on the mark!

Perhaps that's why some of you reacted in a negative way I know most laugh when they say "I resemble that remark" But when someone finds that a comment that's not so positive does make them think that it might be true in them! Anger is an appropriate response when we get embarassed! However, I've also heard "Dont shoot the messenger", perhaps, as the messenger of something negative, you're shooting Jo!

I know I stuffed myself with food that fueled my body BUT was NOT good for me. It's hard to change our taste for fatty, carb-laden foods! I KNOW this from my own experience However, I did read the recipes our previous and continuing members have supplied and I've tried some as well. They are usually very good and very medi-friendly!

I also googled low carb recipes and found a LOT on line. I've tried many of them and even my hubby loves them! He's eating low carb without knowing it!
I've watched him eyeball me as I'm eating the same things and he asks if it's ok for me to eat these things I assure him that the recipes are medi-compliant and that I am, indeed, "allowed" to have it!!

Low carb friends has excellent recipes as well as a grouping of recipes
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Ground Beef Recipes called Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes has many wonderful low carb recipes. The one addy I supplied is for ground beef recipes. There's also recipes for chicken and pork as well. Spread your wings and look some of these up... a lot of the are just YUMMY!

Please take all comments by us maintenance folks as a grain of salt...we're here to try to help y'all. We're not here to hurt any feelings and if we do, then maybe we've struck a nerve! I've had many struck in here...trust me on that!!! That's the reason I lost my weight in 6 1/2 mos!!!

Enough of my standing on the soapbox....

cindy
Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I see both sides. Some weeks I'm really "on" and every once in a while I'm back to the self-indulgent "oh this won't hurt, I know how to get it off" mindset.

Truth be known....I still struggle with maintaining and wellness. I went back to the clinic today and after a good look at my labs the NP drew blood thinking part of my problem is that my previous thyroid tests were showing I was on the lower side of normal. In discussion with my mom in the past 3 weeks I've learned I'm the only one in the family who isn't taking thyroid medication! My mom has been on it for over 30 years, dad for the past 6 years, my sisters for the past 4 years, and my brother just started in the past couple months. Dad and my brother are not overweight. Mom and my sisters yes, by 40 to 100 lbs. This may help explain why I'm freezing to the bone this winter and allowed myself to regain 15 lbs of "insulation!" I started week one on Monday and was good til last night when I got home from work and DH had made dinner, a casserole that sounded mostly medi-friendly with boiled eggs and sausage. Now I'm writing everything down in a new journal I bought from the clinic today and will go back in 2 wks. I'm going to try to stay OFF my home scales for a week. Guess I'll find out about my lab results tomorrow or Monday.

This venture is a process. We don't just arrive and get there all at once or stay at the endpoint without a lot of trial and error. The difference is that we know how to be healthy, have the support in the clinic, and fortunately for us on this LCF site (!), and we just have to decide we are worth the effort. It's a process my friends. I'm so glad we don't travel this journey alone....and we are not negated in worth, waiting only for the destination, nope....we are traveling this journey hanging out with friends who are also traveling along. Sometimes we might yell out and say "hey, here's the path, join us over here because we miss you!" or whisper out, "hey, I know you're frustrated, keep going, one step at a time, I'll walk with you." Whatever! I'm just so thankful for every single participant in this group!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Trish you seriously made me laugh way too hard! Dulcolax did you in huh? Yes, the guys are definitely getting an EAR full today. Colace, maybe I will try that next time?
I made it to the gym this afternoon, YAY! I didn't do anything too exotic. Just the treadmill for about 25mins, and then the strength training since the NP says that should be my focus for now. I really felt good too. Although, I was REALLY nauseated by the time I got home? No idea, what that was about so I Googled it and read that dehydration, or exercising too soon after eating can make you wanna after exercise. I made myself eat my protein, and TaDa Voila I felt much better! Just thought I would share in case anyone else has experienced this.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Lovely Post

Fit2010 what a lovely post. You are absolutley right, life is all about trial and error, falling off the wagon and getting back on, and helping pick up others when it's their turn to fall in the mud. You are an inspiration, because you have come so far, and continue to help others reach their aspirations 15lbs of insulation doesn't define your success, it's just another battle to win! I hope you find out soon if you need to be on medication for your thyroid

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 02-24-2011 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Swirveegrl - thanks! I'm not on every day, and then some days several times a day , but you new group of gals are learning a lot and doing great! The clinic doesn't want me to be less than 135 (cuz I'm an 'older' 5'4" than you are). I had purposely gone slower in my weight loss last year because of major surgery I'd had in '08...don't use my slower stat progress as a reflection on what you may experience. I'd read you are an RN. I am too!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

I know I'm like a post crazed LowCarber today. I started reading Life Without Bread Today. I'm curious if anyone else has any recommendations for reads regarding this new WOE?
Deb that's soooo neat! I think I saw that Mary is an RN as well, and Shelley is an X-ray tech. I had some interesting thoughts today. About how I would like to do something with my nursing to help people fight obesity. Who knows. maybe I can get on staff at MEDI when I reach my goal?? LoL I know I probably sound silly, but actually being able to help people achieve WELLNESS would be very rewarding I imagine

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 02-24-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Books and Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I know I'm like a post crazed LowCarber today. I started reading Life Without Bread Today. I'm curious if anyone else has any recommendations for reads regarding this new WOE?
Look at our LCF MWL main site for a thread called BOOKS and BLOGS. Please post details about Life Without Bread Today there so we can all know where to find resources that have been helpful! Thanks!!

And, yes, it would be awesome to help people in their journeys. That's why I'm so active here! I've primarily been a critical care RN (ICU years ago, ER for over 20 years, PACU past 10 years) and I teach nursing. I love that Johnsons & Johnsons commerical about nurse educators.

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-24-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree. I think MEDI should include a Foley LEG bag in the starter package! When I'm at work, I can NOT run to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Funny, I did suggest that to my NP on the first day...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Several things...

I have tried and tried and retried the Miracle Noodles. I just can't do them. I wish I could. I envy all of you who love them!

I got my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred today. My husband is supposed to be going to a basketball game tonite so I think I'm going to try it. I got my walk in earlier just in case I end up mostly watching it and just sorta checking it out. After reading so much about how this one kicked everyone's butt, I'm a little nervous!!

Charlene, thank you for your earlier post. Love the picture of you - you look fabulous! And it's always so good to hear from you!

The 30 day shred is awesome! I just finished it and now I'm doing "shred it with weights." I only lost one pound but I lost an inch and a half on the hips, one inch on the waist and about 3/4 inche on each thigh. I love her workouts!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyInVenice View Post
I have never had a problem with liking foods or being able to find something to eat. Obviously my eating habits were not ideal or I would not need something like Medi to get me back on track. I am going to talk to the Dr. today, but I am almost 99% sure this is some kind of side effect that the appetite suppressant has on me. Yesterday morning I broke it in half and felt OK at lunch and I did not take it at all the rest of the day and ate dinner just fine. I do know I have been lacking variety. I ate the same exact things every day for 3 weeks and that just sucks for anyone... diet or no diet. Going from an unhealthy diet to eating 500 calories a day plus a whole load of pills you were never putting into your body before has to effect everyone differently. It is just impossible not to. I can't speak for anyone else, but not wanting to eat the same thing every day and taking the appetite suppressant really took a toll on me and I really got some great advice on here that helped and I very much appreciate that!! Thanks!
Hi all. It has been a while since I posted, but can't resist adding my 2 cents. For those of you who don't know me I am a Medi counselor in the Central Florida area. Before I was a Medi counselor I was a patient and lost 62 pounds in 6 months. My husband than did the program and lost 60 pounds. Then I put my son on the program and he lost 75 pounds. I have kept the weight off for 1 year and 8 months.

Do not be offended by Jo because she is speaking from the heart and has been an incredible support to many of us. She has lots of wisdom and has donated much of her time and effort to keep this site a valuable resource. Having done the program myself and now having counseled hundreds of patients, the most successful patients journal, have weekly appointments, exercise, and incorporate variety into their diet. When I was a patient I would think about what I was in the mood for, then figure out how to make it medi friendly. I never felt deprived or like I was on a diet. In fact, as a counselor I bring in samples of my recipes every day and have my patients try them so they are encouraged to get adventurous. I think I have my whole clinic making oopsie pancakes.

For those of you who eat the same thing everyday, here is what I have to say. If you are losing and not getting bored, than kudos, it is working for you. But for most of my patients, eating the same thing every day will cause a sense of deprevation and can cause a plateau. Your body gets used to what you are eating and wants to be stable. You have to keep it guessing by varying the foods and varying the calories from day to day. I usually give my patients a calorie range depending on their starting weight and gender, and tell them to use the range. Some days stick to the lower number and some days go to the top.

To Jo, Cindy, and all of you who have continued to counsel and maintain this site I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I refer patients to this website every day. I love and appreciate all of you.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
The first week is the worst! I can't make you believe me, BUT it does get better! I seriously crashed and burned around day 5! DRINK your chicken broth, it really does help tremendously. It DOES get better. I'm now officially starting week 4 today. I have felt wonderful for these last few days! I can tell that my system has adjusted to this LOW carb-LOW cal WOE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
VElite, You really need to get some fluids in you, I agree the chicken broth should help and be sure you get enough electrolytes. I think if your strip is reading high you are not getting enough fluids, does anyone else have an opinion?? I would call your clinic and let them know how you are feeling. The first week is the hardest! But if you feel light headed call the clinic. That is what they are there for.
I don't take the AS because I am very sensitive to it and have HBP, so I take the STAYSLIM, and while not as strong I think it helps. They are going to wean you off the AS anyway, so see if you can get the stay slim - it is included so you don't have to pay for it.
Hang in and I hope you feel better!

Thank you guys!!, I made it to 128oz of water plus i had a 16 oz powerade as well). I feel a lot better than this morning. I took a small nap, and then took a very short stroll outside to get some fresh air. I will ask the clinic about the stayslim as I too have HBP. I am taking my pillow into the bathroom tonite and sleeping on the toliet. I wont get much sleep either way... jk
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Thank you, Susie! Your recipe for a successfull patient that you posted is right on. I would recommend this to all new members. This is exacty what I did and managed to lose 113 lb in 9 months. It worked while I was losing and continues to work while in wellness.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I haven't been posting much lately but had to say something about this...with risk of many people disagreeing...The comment about who will and won't stick with it, I find to be incredibly judgemental. I don't think judging people or bashing on them for sharing their honest feelings is helping anyone. This is one reason I don't post much anymore...because I see other peoples honestly being criticized. It doesn't matter HOW LONG you've been doing a particular program, no one is an expert or NONE of us would be here in the first place. Maybe everyone on here doesn't want to live the way you (or other members) live or eat what you eat or NOT "cheat". I also sense (and I may be wrong) a kind of feeling of being superior from some of the people who have done this program a long time ago...well, not everyone knew about it or maybe, like me, not everyone had weight to lose at that time. Everyones life is different and I thought we were all here to learn from one another.
I'm pretty new to the program too, and when someone responded to me with something like "we all know who will succeed and who won't..." I also felt judged and kind of unwelcome because I dared to ask about if one day we'd be able to enjoy a piece of cake. So, your post struck a nerve with me because I also challenged this forum to be open to those of us who really don't know what the future will look like and are uncertain about this plan. I am looking for support, answers to my "newbie" questions, and a fun place to interact. I don't need anybody telling me that my mere questions are an indication that I will probably fail. So hang in there with me!!! We can be new together!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Been MIA for a while but I finally 'officially' hit Onderland!
I've been very busy with work but sticking to my good eating habits and working out. My legs are killing me today, had a killer spin class last night.

~K
Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

So sleepy, weigh in today...not looking forward to it...but at least I am not on call for almost a week after today!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VElite View Post
Thank you guys!!, I made it to 128oz of water plus i had a 16 oz powerade as well). I feel a lot better than this morning. I took a small nap, and then took a very short stroll outside to get some fresh air. I will ask the clinic about the stayslim as I too have HBP. I am taking my pillow into the bathroom tonite and sleeping on the toliet. I wont get much sleep either way... jk
My first week or I woke up maybe once during the night to use the bathroom... that annoyed the crap out of me so I started trying to make sure I got my water in earlier in the day so that I was chugging when I got home from work to catch up. 9pm at night and chugging water only means I won't be "done" with that water until the middle of the night.

Fortunately I have a job where I can go to the bathroom as needed (though it also means that I stare at a computer all day). Not that I don't get irritated when I have to get up and walk over there... I only have issues when I have back to back meetings or 3 hour meetings (which are annoying on their own.) Now I have to revert back to when I was little and my mom always made sure I used the bathroom before we left the house, even if I didn't have to go.

I used to be so annoyed when my mom ALWAYS had to use the bathroom (I was 16 yrs old... everything about my parents annoyed me then, those are the rules ). It wasn't because she was drinking alot of water or anything, but because she had had 3 kids and all the fun that goes alot with that I suppose.... Now, I am just as bad and annoy the crap out of my sister when we are out and always have to find the bathroom.

Keep with it!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Hello all,
I came back here seeking inspiration and once again I am not disappointed. After the holidays, I got myself extremely off track. My home scale was playing head games with me so it is hidden. We kept having snow on my WI days and I haven't made another appointment. I am off of the AS and had a few serious binges with chocolate of all things. Never a problem before. My lowest weight was 158 and I was solidly wearing a size 10 a felt great. My goal was 150 when I started. Over the past week, I have weeded out the carbs and it is starting to help with the aweful cravings that returned with avengence. There is a ton of stress in my life but I need to get back on track and get to goal and learn to maintain by summer.
I will be coming back here more often, hopefully daily. I also need to start journaling and i know week 1 is in my future. Definitely harder to do the second time around.
Proud of all of your and your successes! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Determined Gemini Congratulations on hitting "Onederland"!! That is awesome!

I am hoping to get to a spin class next week, this week I am home with kids on vacation- I haven't had less than 6 kids in the house or in my car on any given day (sleepovers, taking them rollerblading, mall, sledding etc.). AAAaaagh! To make matters worse, DH has been in Abu Dhabi of all places! He comes home tonight! Yay!!

VElite, so glad you are feeling better!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Been MIA for a while but I finally 'officially' hit Onderland!
I've been very busy with work but sticking to my good eating habits and working out. My legs are killing me today, had a killer spin class last night.

~K
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember well how great that one felt. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread