Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: morningchai
Stats: 174/153/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 1/27/2011
Well....I lost 2 lbs, but it was just muscle mass...everything else stayed the same. I was told that I'm not eating enough, so I need to up my calories. Not necessarily the weigh-in I was hoping for. What an end to an already sad week.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Congrats, Charlie! YOU. LOOK. MAR-VE-LOUS! (Okay, I just dated myself! LOL)

Thanks for sharing; you are inspirational!
~Roni
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Just FYI, I have been a member of several different message boards and this board has personally been one of the most supportive and non-aggressive message boards I have seen. Rarely is there snarkiness and hardly ever are people mean to each other. The few times I have seen it happen are cross-overs posting from other WOE or boards. The group here is amazingly supportive!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
One day away and I have so much catching up to do!

Deb, I ordered the book from "Lifeway" , but I think they have it on CBD too. The woman's name is Jenn Rothschild. She had a degenerative eye condition and by the time she was in her 20's lost her sight.

Swirvee, last week (week 3) was my worst for weigh in, down .8 lbs, so maybe things are leveling off?? Wait until you get on the Tanita scale, our home scales don't tell the whole story.

I have my weigh in on Friday and I just realized it will be that TOM, so I am not expecting much loss, but I am not going to give up either. I think I need to set more realistic goals, I can't be losing 3-4 lbs a week, I just don't think that is possible.

I tried the Miracle Noodles. Actually, let me backtrack. I was ordering them online and I had to order a 12 pack from amazon to get the angel hair ones. So.....last night I tried them and I have to say they are very INTERESTING!!! Not in a hugely bad way, though it did take me 3 times to get it to the point where I would put it in my mouth. I followed the directions but they still smelled fishy, so I poured some vinegar over it and put some kung pao sauce over it. I threw it away. next i tried it with some tomato sauce, but it was still too fishy and that went to the garbage as well. The third time I rinsed it for about a minute, put some vinegar in the water and blanched for 2 minutes and drained. This made it not so fishy. The only other complaint I have is that the noodles are just soooo long, I almost choked on them, once I cut them up they were okay. But it's not necessarily the "Miracle" I was hoping for. It did fill me up though. Do they need to be refridgerated if they are in the package? I didn't see anything about that.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Deb, I just looked and it is not available on CBD, I knew there was a reason I didn't get it there. It also has a video you can watch with it they cost 4.99 per session, and is downloadable. Her voice is a little annoying, and the illustrations (thought closet) sometimes are a little hokey, but what she is saying is truth. She shows us how God views us, and the difference between how I have seen myself and how he sees me has been a real eye opener.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone else have a teenage daughter that can and does eat EVERYTHING, yet there seem to be no consequences? I tell her not to eat junk or she will break out, doesn't happen. She eats any and everything and is 5'8" and weighs 128. So unfair!!
If we have chocolate in the house I literally have to hide it or it is gone, when I have cakes and pastries to make this becomes a real problem. She literally just ate a BAG OF MARSHMELLOWS!! I got them last night for the kids to have cocoa. I really am concerned about her eating habits though. I always have healthy choices and there are 3 balanced meals a day. I don't want her to gain weight, but just because she is skinny doesn't mean she is healthy. But that's hard to get her to understand.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

That was me, 95 lbs until I was 7 months with my daughter. Had my daughter and then had a Norplant put in for birth control. Then BAM, 50 lbs in ONE MONTH and it stuck like glue. Had the Norplant removed a month later, became pregnant with my son and just never took the weight back off.

Sadly I have the opposite problem with my daughter which is why we are going to the gym together and I am paying for a personal trainer for her.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Good for you for going to the gym together!
I keep telling my daughter that she does have my genes too, so eventually it will catch up with her...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Wow

There is a lot of interesting conversation taking place on this board today.
Trish be Careful with those darn miracle noodles! If you do a google search on the ingredient Konjac . You will see that they really do pose a choking hazard. Basically, those noodles are soluble fiber, they swell when they are ingested. I'm sure they are safe if properly prepared, I would cut them to a short length, and only eat a little at a time. They do have health benefits, like treating constipation, which is a problem with this type of diet.

I weigh tomorrow yikes!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Several things...

I have tried and tried and retried the Miracle Noodles. I just can't do them. I wish I could. I envy all of you who love them!

I got my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred today. My husband is supposed to be going to a basketball game tonite so I think I'm going to try it. I got my walk in earlier just in case I end up mostly watching it and just sorta checking it out. After reading so much about how this one kicked everyone's butt, I'm a little nervous!!

Charlene, thank you for your earlier post. Love the picture of you - you look fabulous! And it's always so good to hear from you!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Does everyone fast before their weekly weigh in?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Good luck with your weigh-in!
I usually have my weigh-in in the morning so I don't eat before it. I thought I was the only one! lol!

I read up on the miracle noodles and you're right it does pose a choking hazard! They can also possibly cause intestinal blockage! The USDA reccommends not eating them before bed-time. I don't know what that is about. Food for thought though!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Do you think the miracle noodles would be ok in a soup? When I read up on them, I thought maybe I could make a MEDI friendly version of Ramen noodles? I'm thinking if they sat in a soup overnight, possibly something spicy? they would be more enjoyable. Everything I read about them said that the noodles absorb the flavors that you put on them? Where did you order yours, netrition? Did you order anything else that you would recommend? BTW.. I remeber reading a post that said the noodles do not have to be refrigerated, but that they will last longer if they are. I think they said up to 6 months refrigerated vs. 4 months shelf life. I'm wondering if anyone has bought any of the other MEDI products sold at the clinic? I bought the chocolate whey powder which was SUPER pricey, considering the quantity. I compared the nutrition label to the HUGE bag of EAS whey vanilla powder I already had at home, which I bought at Sam's club for like 22$, and didn't see much difference
Do any of you more experienced MEDI followers have any recommendations for purchasing products from Netrition?
Jo I wanted to say that I know your post has received some mixed reviews. I would like to tell you that I really needed to hear that. I was feeling kind of lowly this morning @ 5 am as I tried to gobble down my breakfast of turkey bacon and carbmaster yogurt, for the 100th time (ok so that's an exaggeration), and reading your post made me feel less frustrated. You shared some valid points, such that following MEDI is not just a "diet", but rather an entire mindset reprogramming. This diet forces us to change our relationship with food, into a relationship of eating for energy. I've realized that food has been more than just nourishment, for me personally, since probably early on in my childhood. I think that I used food as my stress reliever very early on in my life, and this is a habit that I have been practicing for 20+ years. It's a B$#ch to break. Ok this may sound uncouth; however, I'm shooting from the hip and being honest. I really hope and pray that this message board will help me to have the support that I desperately need. Sure my husband can say just eat less, exercise BUT NO ONE ELSE on the face of this earth can understand what it is to crave food, binge, beat yourself up, try to throw it up, and cry because you can't, and start over on your diet for the 1000 time ; EXCEPT for some of the people on this message board that have shared their stories. We are all here trying to battle this deamon together
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/238/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss-ish
Start Date: Re-start 8/29/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyInVenice View Post
I have never had a problem with liking foods or being able to find something to eat. Obviously my eating habits were not ideal or I would not need something like Medi to get me back on track. I am going to talk to the Dr. today, but I am almost 99% sure this is some kind of side effect that the appetite suppressant has on me. Yesterday morning I broke it in half and felt OK at lunch and I did not take it at all the rest of the day and ate dinner just fine. I do know I have been lacking variety. I ate the same exact things every day for 3 weeks and that just sucks for anyone... diet or no diet. Going from an unhealthy diet to eating 500 calories a day plus a whole load of pills you were never putting into your body before has to effect everyone differently. It is just impossible not to. I can't speak for anyone else, but not wanting to eat the same thing every day and taking the appetite suppressant really took a toll on me and I really got some great advice on here that helped and I very much appreciate that!! Thanks!
I was offered an appetite suppressant that works slowly..only one pill per day. I am currently taking only 1/2 of it daily because it makes me a little crazy ( or crazier LOL). I believe that this RX is one I will stick with rather than taking 3 pills a day. I had to restart week one (my choice) because I missed a week while my Mom was hospitalized. She had an infection and was in a contained room. I could not bring food into the hospital while visiting so, needless to say, I fell off (hard). I am struggling this week, but I am determined to get through it. Saturday will be my next weigh in. We will see.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Do you think the miracle noodles would be ok in a soup? When I read up on them, I thought maybe I could make a MEDI friendly version of Ramen noodles? I'm thinking if they sat in a soup overnight, possibly something spicy? they would be more enjoyable. Everything I read about them said that the noodles absorb the flavors that you put on them? Where did you order yours, netrition? Did you order anything else that you would recommend? BTW.. I remeber reading a post that said the noodles do not have to be refrigerated, but that they will last longer if they are. I think they said up to 6 months refrigerated vs. 4 months shelf life. I'm wondering if anyone has bought any of the other MEDI products sold at the clinic? I bought the chocolate whey powder which was SUPER pricey, considering the quantity. I compared the nutrition label to the HUGE bag of EAS whey vanilla powder I already had at home, which I bought at Sam's club for like 22$, and didn't see much difference
Do any of you more experienced MEDI followers have any recommendations for purchasing products from Netrition?
Jo I wanted to say that I know your post has received some mixed reviews. I would like to tell you that I really needed to hear that. I was feeling kind of lowly this morning @ 5 am as I tried to gobble down my breakfast of turkey bacon and carbmaster yogurt, for the 100th time (ok so that's an exaggeration), and reading your post made me feel less frustrated. You shared some valid points, such that following MEDI is not just a "diet", but rather an entire mindset reprogramming. This diet forces us to change our relationship with food, into a relationship of eating for energy. I've realized that food has been more than just nourishment, for me personally, since probably early on in my childhood. I think that I used food as my stress reliever very early on in my life, and this is a habit that I have been practicing for 20+ years. It's a B$#ch to break. Ok this may sound uncouth; however, I'm shooting from the hip and being honest. I really hope and pray that this message board will help me to have the support that I desperately need. Sure my husband can say just eat less, exercise BUT NO ONE ELSE on the face of this earth can understand what it is to crave food, binge, beat yourself up, try to throw it up, and cry because you can't, and start over on your diet for the 1000 time ; EXCEPT for some of the people on this message board that have shared their stories. We are all here trying to battle this deamon together
I will try to answer your questions one by one:
1. Instead of Miracle noodles I buy Yam noodles (Sharitaki, not the tofu kind) brand ($1.49 a package) in my Chinese supermarket. They do not have a fishy smell, I rinse them then cut into 1'' pieces, fry them until all the water evaporates, spray Pam and garlic salt and stir fry them. Then I use them with all kind of proteins from shrimp to pepper steak recipes. I store them in the fridge.

2. From Medi clinic I buy Protein shakes (both flavors). I use Vanilla primarily for pancakes (I tried other shakes and pancakes did not come out good). I use chocolate for PB balls. I also buy Protein bars (bluberry flavor). I was so crazy about them but lately got tied of them, instead I am inot ThinkThin bites (also 100 cal).

3. I have a huge sweet tooth and fight it with various dips - I buy 0 cal Walden Farms caramel, chocolate ot marshmallow dips, blueberry syrup to use with plain yogurts, also Walden Farms sauces (love Honey BBQ). I also get PB2 chocolate and plain - great substitute for peanut butter that I love plus WF 0 cal jams like grape so I can make a peanut butter and jello sandwich with my oopsies (there is recipe for oopsie in the recipe thread)

4. Hang in there! This board provides a huge support. It helped me during my darkest moments. I was about to quit 4 month into it because I got so bored with everything and no support and understanding from my family and then I found this borad, experimented with all these recipes, got support nd all my questions answered, developed my way of eating and reached my goal. I am still thinking about food all the time but more about what kind of dishes to make so that it is Medi-friendly and will excite me. You are right, our husbands have no idea what it's like to fight a food addiction. This is what I used to get - eat less, exercise more which let to mor of my binging, hating myself, starting over and getting nowhere.

Good luck!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningchai View Post
I'm just 30 minutes away from my week 4 weigh-in!

I hit a major craving wall this weekend. I wanted to eat everything in sight that I couldn't and it really got me down. Thankfully I did not cave in a stayed on my plant to a T, but it was still really tough. Really REALLY tough.

I'm looking forward to the weigh in. I didn't let myself use the scale at home, but have noticed that I've gone down another notch in my belt....which I'm going to have to replace soon!
I did the same thing about the same time! I hope you talked to your doctor/clinic about it at your weigh in. If not, call them tomorrow! I had grown immune to the AS. They tweaked my dosage and now I can handle my late afternoon slump without eating the table legs! (Hey, I needed fiber, anyway!)
~Roni
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Does everyone fast before their weekly weigh in?
I go before breakfast.
~Roni
Old 02-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Does anyone else have a teenage daughter that can and does eat EVERYTHING, yet there seem to be no consequences? I tell her not to eat junk or she will break out, doesn't happen. She eats any and everything and is 5'8" and weighs 128. So unfair!!
If we have chocolate in the house I literally have to hide it or it is gone, when I have cakes and pastries to make this becomes a real problem. She literally just ate a BAG OF MARSHMELLOWS!! I got them last night for the kids to have cocoa. I really am concerned about her eating habits though. I always have healthy choices and there are 3 balanced meals a day. I don't want her to gain weight, but just because she is skinny doesn't mean she is healthy. But that's hard to get her to understand.
You just described my hubby and our three boys. The boys eat like a cloud of locusts and don't gain an ounce. That's sickening enough let alone having to pay for their groceries! LOL Somehow I have them all trained to leave mom's food alone! (I think I may have threatened to bite them . . .) :blush:
Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
Just for motivation to those who feel frustrated (me too!!!) I'll post a pic of the 44.5 lb weight loss and what a difference it makes on someone who is 5'1".

I am 199.5 lbs in the before pic and 155 in the after.

Shelley
Thank you for sharing, Shelley, and Congratulations!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Thanks KBinAL, it really does make a huge difference. I literally have a gap in years where there are pictures of everyone but me because I loathed how I looked in pictures!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I haven't been posting much lately but had to say something about this...with risk of many people disagreeing...The comment about who will and won't stick with it, I find to be incredibly judgemental. I don't think judging people or bashing on them for sharing their honest feelings is helping anyone. This is one reason I don't post much anymore...because I see other peoples honestly being criticized. It doesn't matter HOW LONG you've been doing a particular program, no one is an expert or NONE of us would be here in the first place. Maybe everyone on here doesn't want to live the way you (or other members) live or eat what you eat or NOT "cheat". I also sense (and I may be wrong) a kind of feeling of being superior from some of the people who have done this program a long time ago...well, not everyone knew about it or maybe, like me, not everyone had weight to lose at that time. Everyones life is different and I thought we were all here to learn from one another.
Charlene, THANK YOU for saying this. I just logged in tonight and was anxious to read today's posts like I always am, and just could not believe the tone of that post. Like I said yesterday, I mostly lurk & read and I find this site and many of you so inspiring: Mary T8M, Charlie (I love your journal, thank you for sharing and being so honest), Deb, Susie, Roni, Swirveegrl, AnnK and Keri to name just a few of the wonderful, caring folks on here. I consider myself VERY lucky in that I accidentally stumbled across this site on day 2 of my diet. I dont know that I would have made it past my very challenging day 3 had I not found you the night before. (Protein smoothie recipes, no carb week 1 nibble ideas, thank you!!)

That was the first "snarky" post (as was self-admitted) I have come across and I have read lots and lots of entire archived threads on here. I also will say that as a newbie and someone who had just posted something similar to what she was rather pointedly criticizing, I took that post rather personally. Just being honest. I am by no means someone who has been around here for three years, but I still plan to lurk and read in the hopes that this was an anomaly.

I also want to add that I have read lots of posts by Desert Rose (I had just returned from my first trip to Phoenix days before I found this site--she is from Phoenix, so that had caught my attention) and really enjoyed what she had contributed previously, including her before & after pics which are always so very inspiring.

Even within yesterday's post, I wholeheartedly agree with the lifestyle change element she mentions. With no other "diet" have I ever felt so changed. I feel evolved and educated as a result of my experience with my local clinic and am committed to this being a new way of life for me, not just a diet to get to a goal weight--whatever that may end up being for me.

My journey to wellness began this summer by getting involved in regular exercise (cant praise Zumba enough! I'm addicted to it!!) and taking things one step at a time. I decided to change my life and do it at my own pace to not set myself up for unrealistic, dramatic changes. First, I decided to get regular exercise in my life, into a routine, and "under control" before I changed my way of eating and getting my weight under control. Looking back on my life and the journey that got me to need MWL in the first place, I realized that often I would try to "cold turkey" change things (hard core diet & exercise all at once) and that just set me up for failure and disappointment in myself. Last year, I thought about things and mentally prepared myself to grow up and change my way of living. I casually got invited to attend a Zumba class and on a whim agreed to attend. Had I not been mulling over changing my ways, I personally would never have attended an excerise class! (Didnt do that for the first 40 years of my life. I think my husband may have actually fainted when I said I was going and then actually went that first time!!)

That kicked off my journey to wellness. In December, one of my best friends asked me to think about joining MWL with her and I did. I didnt even know anything about it, but knew of several people in my local area who had not only tried it, but were successful in it and kept the weight off for 1-2 years and counting. She and I started on Jan 13.

Then I found this support site and, in turn shared it with her, on day 2 of my WOE change. I feel blessed that I have so much to help keep me on my journey to wellness.

Having said all of that, I guess I would like to agree again with Charlene and say to Desert Rose to not be so quick to judge us all. I have no idea how I will end up with MWL, but I certainly know where I am right now better than I have ever known myself in my life.

Last edited by KBinAL; 02-23-2011 at 08:42 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
My daughter is only 8 and she really does not eat a lot yet, but is a string bean. I know she does not really compare to a teenager just yet, but when I was a teenager I ate anything I wanted and never gained any weight. I stayed thin all the way up until I had my daughter and during that pregnancy I gained almost 80 pounds!! I lost a lot of it and then gained it back with my second daughter and I am now trying to lose that weight. I worry about both of my girls and struggle with them to make sure they learn to eat healthy from an early age. It was REALLY difficult for me to go from eating anything I wanted to watching everything I ate!! I also don't want them to become obsessed with their weight when they do reach the teenage years. I am always looking for ideas to help the girls learn to live in a healthy way. That is one of the main reasons I am so determined to lose weight and become healthy myself! Ugh... there are so many things to worry about as a parent!! You want to raise happy and healthy kids...talk about stress! ;o)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

THANK YOU!

Irabeslim thank you so much for all of those wonderful suggestions. I plan to print off your reply and order several of the items you mentioned. I hadn't even thought of adding SF syrup in plain yogurt! I know that the Greek Yogurt is really good for you, but I just can't bring myself to like it. I think the SF syrup would help A LOT! Truly appreciate your thoughtful reply.
KBinAL really enjoyed reading your post!
Very nervous this morning, going to weigh in at 11:15. I had expected to be out of the 200s this week;however, I don't think the scale has moved at all this week. Hopefully, I will get some answers to this dilemma this morning. I know Trish didn't have much weight loss during week 3, but it's very difficult to understand how you can't lose any weight for an entire week eating so few cals? Anyways..... I'll leave it up to the professionals to tell me, that's what I'm paying them for right??? I know that I didn't gain 61lbs overnight, so I don't expect to lose it all in 3 weeks
I hope all of my fellow MEDI troopers are hanging in there, and having a delightful day!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
Start Date: January 2011
Morning everyone. I love this site so far. alot of encouragement. I have gotten alot of ideas from this site to help me stick to the MWL.
I have one complaignt tho. My mouth is so dry from the appetite pill. Anyone have any suggestions to help that.? I don't mind that much tho cause it helps me drink water constantly all day.
I work during the day and what a lifesaver that is cause I can't get into food all day. But when I do have to be at home the appetite pill really helps me to not eat plus my little pugs will sit on my lap and snuggle and I don't get up as often as not to disturb them.
Well, I am still looking around for ideas to help me. Like recipes and tips to lose. Have a great day everyone and see you around. Hugs, Lynn in OHio
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
I was offered an appetite suppressant that works slowly..only one pill per day. I am currently taking only 1/2 of it daily because it makes me a little crazy ( or crazier LOL). I believe that this RX is one I will stick with rather than taking 3 pills a day. I had to restart week one (my choice) because I missed a week while my Mom was hospitalized. She had an infection and was in a contained room. I could not bring food into the hospital while visiting so, needless to say, I fell off (hard). I am struggling this week, but I am determined to get through it. Saturday will be my next weigh in. We will see.
At my appointment they suggested I only take the suppressant as I felt I needed it. So, I have started taking one after breakfast and that is it. It keeps me from feeling hungry, but I am hungry enough to want to eat dinner. I am sorry about your mom. I wouldn't worry about falling off the plan that week. It is hard when someone you love is sick. You needed to stay with her and help her... that was the most important thing at that time. Hope the rest of the week gets easier! Good luck on Saturday!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronism View Post
Congrats, Charlie! YOU. LOOK. MAR-VE-LOUS! (Okay, I just dated myself! LOL)

Thanks for sharing; you are inspirational!
~Roni
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Congratulations on your progress! Great picture. No need to hide from the camera now!
Thanks!! I am not hiding from the camera (or reflective things as well) much these days. Kind of nice :-)

Ran into an old manager of mine the other day, and he did a double take :-)
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I've started liking Miracle Noodles.....didn't at first! THIS time I opened the package, dumped the contents into a strainer, and rinsed for a good minute under running cold water, THEN I put them in a bowl of cold water with a big splash of vinegar in it. I let this soak for a few minutes, draine, and then put them in the sauce just to warm through. I read not to over cook them.

There is no way I could eat plain yogurt (Greek or otherwise) I add some DaVinci syrup (blueberry, with a few fresh blueberries is my favorite) or I also use Sugar Free Jell-o powder (not the whole package....maybe 1/4 or /1/3 of the package) I like peach with blueberries, or lemon. DH likes cherry or lime. I also add vanilla SF pudding to Greek yogurt, and put that over berries.....yum

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

I feel swollen...I'm afraid to get on the scale this morning.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Interesting weigh in week 3

I lost 1.5 lbs this week. I wasn't very disappointed with that, because I wasn't sure that I had lost ANY this week. The Nurse Practitioner came in to give me my "counsel" session, and she made me feel 200% better. She explained that I acutally lost 4.7lbs of FAT this week, and gained 2.1lbs of water. She said if you are going to "gain" anything water is preferred. She recommended that I increase my water intake, but explained that sometimes body water just fluctuates and it's really not a big deal. She praised me and said I was doing wonderful, because I had lost nearly 13lbs of FAT in 3 weeks She did encourage me to focus on strength training at least 2 times per week, starting this week. So overall, it was a great visit. Hopefully, I can attain 1derland next weigh in

Mary I your idea about using SF jello, and pudding. I hadn't thought about that. Those sound delicious.

BTW I haven't taken the 2nd B shot since week 1, because I am a WHIMP. Yes, it hurts me like the DEVIL. Yes, I am a RN and a HEMOdialysis RN at that, that gives shots and needles all day long. YES, I'm still a whimp BUT I may try to get myself together and try it again on Monday after work:blush:
Old 02-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

I know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I feel swollen...I'm afraid to get on the scale this morning.
This may be TMI but here we go. I felt like this yesterday. I took dulcolax last night before bed, and let's say it really WORKED nothing extreme, but I am feeling much better today. Constipation is a problem with this diet, and they tell you that at the clinic. Protein takes a MUCH longer amount of time to digest. I've been using the daily supplement; however, I could tell yesterday that I needed a little something extra. Dulcolax is not harsh, it IS NOT for daily use, but if you feel bloated, besides the possibility of water retention you may be constipated. Drinking MORE water is always the recommendation, even when you are bloated believe it or not!?!?!?!
I plan to cut back on the amount of cheese (string) I've been eating, or to include a yogurt and cottage cheese (possibly the activia brand, haven't checked the nutrition label yet)daily.
Constipation is not good for you (may lead to hemorrhoids), so if you're experiencing it make sure to let your clinic know, so that they may offer a treatment.
Closed Thread