Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Lins, Lea, Keri, Shelley!! It's the recent "old gang"!! Just still missing Ortal and Erin! It's so good to have everybody checking in again. We need to help each other in maintenance....it's not all that easy. I've been up 10 lbs for over 2 months! Just finished day 1 of week 1 again!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
I know how that feels Debbie...started creeping into the top end of the medium size scrubs and panicked. I absolutely refuse to buy large scrubs!!! I managed to gain back 15 and I hadn't even made it to maintenance yet. I had stopped going to the clinic every week because of how much call I was taking. I sucked it up, went back last Friday and got back on my weekly schedule. It really is a lifelong process. There is no way to just do it and then go back to eating the way we did before! That is just giving up and I won't do it. I absolutely cannot bear the thought of being back as large as I was and every time I hit a 10 lb mark I try to focus and make sure to never hit that mark again. I went all the way down to 152 and then gained back 15 pounds. I freaked out the other day when I started getting into the upper 160's and said "no more"! I didn't come this far just to screw it all up!

We all definitely need support!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Lins, Lea, Keri, Shelley!! It's the recent "old gang"!! Just still missing Ortal and Erin! It's so good to have everybody checking in again. We need to help each other in maintenance....it's not all that easy. I've been up 10 lbs for over 2 months! Just finished day 1 of week 1 again!
It IS great to see some old familiar "faces".........I'm back to just "lurking" a bit more instead of posting so much. I'm following the plan to a 'T' but due to finances I'm not going to the center, so don't have access to the meds or shots, and I'm in more of a perpetual stall......it seems like nothing I do gets the scale to move more than a pound every month or so......I AM happy with how my body is firming up, and how much my stamina has improved.....yesterday I jogged part of the way UP the causeway bridge (it's a steep one that boats can go under without opening) and all the way DOWN both times......today my knees are really stiff and sore.
Deb I just finished day 1 of week 1 yesterday too.......BUT had increased total protein calories. Today I'll do the lower calories again

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyInVenice
Stats: 227/207/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/02/2011
I have been having some issues lately and thought I would get some advice from others who have done Medi longer than me.

Tomorrow I go for my 3rd weigh in, so I am new to this. I just can not stand the thought of eating anymore. It is not that I am craving foods off the plan, but when I look at the chicken in front of me I literally feel sick to my stomach. I have to force myself to eat it and I can never finish my portion because it really does make me ill. I am going to my appointment tomorrow and will tell them about this as well, but I was considering breaking the appetite suppressant in half and see if that helps. I started taking the pills a little after I eat (instead of before) to keep me from getting hungry between meals. If I do this than I am at least hungry when it is time to eat again, so I can force myself to eat even though it makes me sick.

It is really discouraging feeling this way. I have only had 2 weigh in appointments so far and have lost 16 pounds, which amazes me, but I really hate feeling sick every time I think of food. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
So good to see both of you Lins and Lea!! Lins - a 1/2 marathon is incredible, good for you! I am definitely jealous....I have gotten up to 3 miles on the treadmill, but only 2 outside. I can't decide if it's more in my head that outside running is different, or if it really is!

Still on vacation in FL, the weather has been absolutely incredible. It will be so tough when we leave Fri to go back home....ugh, snow and cold - yuck! Then it will just be a few quick days until my 1st 1-month maintenance visit! I have walked/jogged every day while being here, my meal & snack choices have been great....but I have had a glass of wine just about every day (and a few bites of dessert here and there!) so it will be interesting to see how it all looks on the scale.

I have to say one of the best things has been wearing a bathing suit every day....never thought I would say those words! My 5 yr old has been taking a lot of pictures with her camera and we printed some last night....I didnt even recognize myself in them. The image I see of myself in my mind or when I look in the mirror certainly has not caught up with what others see.
I'm happy the weather has been good! We had friends here while we were having FREEZES every day, and they were very disappointed!

I think my mental image of myself has been skewed as well....BUT instead of seeing myself as I REALLY looked when I weighed 228.....I THOUGHT I was thinner How's that for "nuts"? I was always shocked to see a picture of myself, or to catch a glimpse of myself in a window. When I got down to about 170 I "SAW" myself pretty much like everyone else saw me. Now I'm "surprised" again at how I look!! I feel a little guilty now that I'm shopping for size 10 pants.....I feel like I'm "cheating" or something like I have no real "right" to be looking in that size. I haven't shopped yet for a new swimsuit. I bought one in a 14 and only wore it a few times before it was too big.

Have a GREAT time for the rest of your vacation!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VElite
Stats: 5'1.5" 219/198/150 for now
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/22/2011
Hello, I had just had my first appt at Medi. Alot of information!, Today is my Day 1....Do I stay on the "first week" thread to post comments/questions? or stay here on the monthly board?
-V
Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Kelly my suggestion would be to look at the recipe threads on here for some more options on what you can eat. There are all kinds of idea, but here are a few of my favorites.

Find a sloppy joes seasoning that you like and make it with ground turkey/chicken or extra lean ground beef. Make sure to weight-out how much you can eat. And do not put it on a bun, just eat the meat with the seasoning. I like this because it has a lot of flavor.

I do the same thing with spaghetti. I make spaghetti with meat sauce for my family. I have a spaghetti sauce that I make homemade that is low is sugar free/low carb, and I put a couple tablespoons of the sauce on 4 oz of ground beef/turkey/chicen, and add a cube of laughing cow cheese herb variety, and it tastes just like spaghetti without the carbs.

I guess my point is to just look around for your favorites and see if you can make that same thing without carbs. And look at the recipe thread for ideas.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I'm in more of a perpetual stall......it seems like nothing I do gets the scale to move more than a pound every month or so......
Mary, when I stalled I would have a regular day of eating, carbs and all, and I would not exercise that day. Then the next day go back to week one and exercise it would help "reset" my metabolism somehow because I would start losing again. I struggled with this several times. I am not sure how you feel about it, but it has worked for me and several others here periodically.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Kelly, lins is spot on. You have to change it up...the first time around I literally made myself sick with tuna because I would eat the same thing meal after meal because it was easy to fall into that habit. I like tilapia filets broiled with cajun seasoning (be careful about the sodium) and shrimp sauteed with herbs, ground beef with or chicken with sloppy joe seasoning, fat free hotdogs with sauerkraut....there is a ton of things to eat. I am so sorry this is an issue, it has happened to many of us before.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hey everyone

Katie B-happy to see that you are back, I was beginning to wonder???

Seems like everyone is doing well. I'm curious if anyone had a week that they didn't lose weight? I don't seem to be losing any weight this week (week3) I weigh on Thursday. I'm starting to get nervous! I did have a good day today because I've actually had a few people comment on my weight loss!!! Is it really noticable?? Wow! I had no idea. I know my clothes are looser. I have not had any time to exercise. I'm wondering if that is the culprit? I'm going to try to get to the gym tonight, and sweat some fat out!! Any input would be appreciated
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! I think lack of variety is the problem. I am going to the grocery store tonight with a list of new things to try. I guess I did so well the first couple of weeks I am scared to stray from what I have been doing! I am doing the sloppy joe thing tonight. It sounds great and the thought of another chicken breast is just... blah!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Katie B-happy to see that you are back, I was beginning to wonder???

Seems like everyone is doing well. I'm curious if anyone had a week that they didn't lose weight? I don't seem to be losing any weight this week (week3) I weigh on Thursday. I'm starting to get nervous! I did have a good day today because I've actually had a few people comment on my weight loss!!! Is it really noticable?? Wow! I had no idea. I know my clothes are looser. I have not had any time to exercise. I'm wondering if that is the culprit? I'm going to try to get to the gym tonight, and sweat some fat out!! Any input would be appreciated
It looks like we started the program right about the same time. I go tomorrow to my appt. According to my scale I have not lost anything this week. BUT my clothes feel looser this week and I have had more people comment on the weight loss this week! I am off to the gym tonight too!! Good luck this week!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Kelly - I agree, change it up. I would get to that point too with foods....I actually would start eating my meal, put a bite in my mouth and just feel if I swallowed it then I would throw up...and I would spit it right out of my mouth. (yeah, you can imagine how much my husband loved my doing that!). It passes after a bit, just try and find alternatives - or put some shredded cheese on it, or low-carb ketchup, ff mayo, something to alter the taste. You are certainly not alone on this one!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
update

Kelly, YES I know what you mean. I dont want to eat and have to remember to do so. I have NEVER had that problem in my life before!! Variety does help, but I just dont want food like I always did before. Oh, and I am no longer taking the AS. I thought I would take advantage of not being hungry nor wanting food and go ahead and kick it.

I just started Jan 13 and mostly lurk and read, but I did want to pop in to update since I find all of the posts so inspiring. I weighed in Monday (week 5) and have lost 22 pounds!!! I am delighted. I have no problem staying on the diet, but I cannot imagine actually losing 42 more pounds to get to my goal; I think I will be a waif if I get that low, but I am going for it. Wont it be fun to find out!?!

I am just thrilled to have lost 22 pounds--most of which were in my mid section too which is even more exciting!!! I am wearing clothes I havent worn in YEARS and didnt even realize I still owned! (thought I had gotten rid of them long long ago)

Folks are noticing now and the most exciting comments I get are from my fellow Zumba girls. They see me in the tightest things I own and several of them have commented to me on how much weight I have lost. That is a FABULOUS feeling.

I guess Ill go back to the shadows for a while.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Girls, I am here too, reading posts and posting from time to time. Glad to hear that all people that were losing with me are still doing well, not giving up despite some temporarily challenges and fighting back the pounds that are sometimes creep up. I had and continue to have my share of challenges as well. I need even more support now as I am recovering from the foot surgery and cannot exercised and home-bound. My surgery was 10 days ago and I did well up intil today. Today I am eating non-stop, for some reason feeling very hungry.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyInVenice View Post
Thanks everyone! I think lack of variety is the problem. I am going to the grocery store tonight with a list of new things to try. I guess I did so well the first couple of weeks I am scared to stray from what I have been doing! I am doing the sloppy joe thing tonight. It sounds great and the thought of another chicken breast is just... blah!
From my experience, food variety helps me eat smaller portions and something to look forward too. I search for low carb recipes in addition to what we have here and on Medi website, use various spices so I can feel like I went out to eat. I also use various 0 cal sauces like Walden Farms Honey BBQ sause on chicken. It makes a simple grilled chicken dinner tastes special.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Hey hey Irina!!! I am trying to remember everyone! Good to see you! I think it is awesome you have lost so much weight!!! I have days like the day you are having. Some days it almost felt as if it was a compulsion I had no control over. Very very unhappy on those days. I literally have to drag myself out of the house and walk some days just to get away from the food.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Girls, I am here too, reading posts and posting from time to time. Glad to hear that all people that were losing with me are still doing well, not giving up despite some temporarily challenges and fighting back the pounds that are sometimes creep up. I had and continue to have my share of challenges as well. I need even more support now as I am recovering from the foot surgery and cannot exercised and home-bound. My surgery was 10 days ago and I did well up intil today. Today I am eating non-stop, for some reason feeling very hungry.
Of course Irina!! You have had an amazing weight loss journey! Does your mind play games on you? I'm so proud of your staying faithful with it through all these months!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Ya know, I try to stay in the background as much as possible these days and let our new members get the feel of the forum. HOWEVER...this not wanting to eat, being bored with the food choices, unable to eat the required calorie intake..sort of makes me wonder about something...Did you all have this problem before you began MWL? Did you have a problem finding something good to eat? Did you have an issue with feeling full after eating? I know it sounds pretty darn snarky to say this...but I really doubt any of you had these issues pre MWL..or you would not be in the program to begin with.

Many of our longtime members have talked about variety and checking out our great recipe threads that members have been contributing to for almost three years now...we have many members in maintenance/wellness who have walked that mile in your shoes. We have been where you are. As some of our long time members have said, we can almost tell who will and who won't stay with the program and who will be successful. And we are surprised sometimes too along the way.

Change is difficult and changing years old ways of fueling your body ia going to take some time. For years, I will bet that you have just been eating without really thinking about what your body truly needs in the way of nutrition. Did that box of Girl Scout cookies REALLY contribute to your overall health? MWL is asking you to look at what you put in your mouth...EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. Be conscientious about journaling your food intake, and journaling your emotional/mental stages is important too. It helps you understand some of the WHYS.

You have to realize that this program is a major lifestyle change. You will never look at food the same way again. As one of our founding members says: I eat to live, not live to eat. This program is definitely not a quick fix, a magic bullet, or a fast trip to looking good in a swimsuit or a wedding dress. This change is for life. You are taking steps toward ultimate better health for yourself, making the changes you are requested to make are the baby steps along the way. At some point all of this will become pretty automatic. You will KNOW which foods you can handle well, and which you cannot. Which ones turn on the cravings and which ones keep them away. You really must commit to MWL 100% - body, mind and spirit...the spirit is extremely important because that is what helps you make those changes stick.

I truly want all of you to be successful because feeling good and consequently looking good is pretty special.All of you deserve this for yourselves and for your loved ones. So take a deep breath, read ALL your materials, question us and your clinic till you get your questions answered (even though you may not always like the answers), and truly hang in there. You CAN do this.

....and now I shall climb back down off my perennial soapbox and put it away for another day.

Jo
Old 02-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Did you all have this problem before you began MWL? Did you have a problem finding something good to eat? Did you have an issue with feeling full after eating? I know it sounds pretty darn snarky to say this...but I really doubt any of you had these issues pre MWL..or you would not be in the program to begin with.
I have never had a problem with liking foods or being able to find something to eat. Obviously my eating habits were not ideal or I would not need something like Medi to get me back on track. I am going to talk to the Dr. today, but I am almost 99% sure this is some kind of side effect that the appetite suppressant has on me. Yesterday morning I broke it in half and felt OK at lunch and I did not take it at all the rest of the day and ate dinner just fine. I do know I have been lacking variety. I ate the same exact things every day for 3 weeks and that just sucks for anyone... diet or no diet. Going from an unhealthy diet to eating 500 calories a day plus a whole load of pills you were never putting into your body before has to effect everyone differently. It is just impossible not to. I can't speak for anyone else, but not wanting to eat the same thing every day and taking the appetite suppressant really took a toll on me and I really got some great advice on here that helped and I very much appreciate that!! Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
this not wanting to eat, being bored with the food choices, unable to eat the required calorie intake..sort of makes me wonder about something...
I have stints where I get a little bored, but that is only because I cooked the entire package of chicken and put it in the fridge for leftovers every day that week... I have to say though that I eat more of a variety of foods (with the exception of the best snack in the world... string cheese) than I did before Medi. Before I didn't cook much and when I did it was the same couple of things. Now, I am always looking for new recipies and it is interesting. I may not always be hungry but I eat the meals and required amounts and enjoy the taste of the foods without feeling guilty for eating them. For example, If I have budgeted a tasty sauce into my meal (like a yummy balsamic dressing over a caprese salad) and portioned it out correctly.. you bet your behind I am going to make sure to get every drop of that sauce/dressing off the plate even if I have to use my finger when I run out of the actual food that was under it... Why? because it tastes good, its good for me, and I don't feel guilty about it. Previously I might do that but to a much worse extent, and then feel like a glutton. Now, I enjoy it more. Some might see me cleaning my plate entirely as though I haven't changed from my previous habits... but to me the change is HUGE. Yes I do eat to live, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying it (in moderation, and under control of course) :-)
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
And here is my weigh in update (I weigh in every two weeks):

down 5.6 lbs (most of which was fat, the rest was water). I did not lose muscle despite being a little sketchy on the ketosis deal... I told the clinic I was not in ketosis that much and they were not that concerned...probably because I didn't lose muscle.

however, I am back in ketosis now... so the point is moot... lol. This should also help the hunger I have had lately.

I am down a total of 41.4 lbs since starting on 11/15/10.

I have uploaded a new progress pic (from roughly 3 months on medi 2/15/11):
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...35lbs-lost.jpg

I also have a screen shot of my progress to date (I like data....lol):
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...34-2-22-11.jpg
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alexabexa912
Stats: 151./--/130
WOE: MediWeight Loss
Start Date: January 2011
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey guys- I have been on medi for 5 weeks now and lost 16lbs I am only 4 lbs away from goal..AND unfortunately I have an infection and have to start antibiotics, I am on cephalexin for 7 days...I started the antibiotics last night woke up this morning and it kicked me out of ketosis apparently I just cant believe this I dont understand BUT even though tomorrow (thurs) is my weight in I cheated and weight myself and saw that I dropeed 2 pounds from the night before, which means the antibiotics did not make me gain...I need advice I cant stop the antibiotics because my infection could get worse..but at the same time I just cant imagine starting week 1 over again when I have come this far...why would antibiotics do this to me? someone please help
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
And here is my weigh in update (I weigh in every two weeks):

down 5.6 lbs (most of which was fat, the rest was water). I did not lose muscle despite being a little sketchy on the ketosis deal... I told the clinic I was not in ketosis that much and they were not that concerned...probably because I didn't lose muscle.

however, I am back in ketosis now... so the point is moot... lol. This should also help the hunger I have had lately.

I am down a total of 41.4 lbs since starting on 11/15/10.

I have uploaded a new progress pic (from roughly 3 months on medi 2/15/11):
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...35lbs-lost.jpg

I also have a screen shot of my progress to date (I like data....lol):
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...34-2-22-11.jpg

Congratulations on your progress! Great picture. No need to hide from the camera now!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Just for motivation to those who feel frustrated (me too!!!) I'll post a pic of the 44.5 lb weight loss and what a difference it makes on someone who is 5'1".

I am 199.5 lbs in the before pic and 155 in the after.

Shelley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 199.jpg (23.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 155.jpg (22.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Many of our longtime members have talked about variety and checking out our great recipe threads that members have been contributing to for almost three years now...we have many members in maintenance/wellness who have walked that mile in your shoes. We have been where you are. As some of our long time members have said, we can almost tell who will and who won't stay with the program and who will be successful. And we are surprised sometimes too along the way.
Jo
I haven't been posting much lately but had to say something about this...with risk of many people disagreeing...The comment about who will and won't stick with it, I find to be incredibly judgemental. I don't think judging people or bashing on them for sharing their honest feelings is helping anyone. This is one reason I don't post much anymore...because I see other peoples honestly being criticized. It doesn't matter HOW LONG you've been doing a particular program, no one is an expert or NONE of us would be here in the first place. Maybe everyone on here doesn't want to live the way you (or other members) live or eat what you eat or NOT "cheat". I also sense (and I may be wrong) a kind of feeling of being superior from some of the people who have done this program a long time ago...well, not everyone knew about it or maybe, like me, not everyone had weight to lose at that time. Everyones life is different and I thought we were all here to learn from one another.

maintenance
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I haven't been posting much lately but had to say something about this...with risk of many people disagreeing...The comment about who will and won't stick with it, I find to be incredibly judgemental. I don't think judging people or bashing on them for sharing their honest feelings is helping anyone. This is one reason I don't post much anymore...because I see other peoples honestly being criticized. It doesn't matter HOW LONG you've been doing a particular program, no one is an expert or NONE of us would be here in the first place. Maybe everyone on here doesn't want to live the way you (or other members) live or eat what you eat or NOT "cheat". I also sense (and I may be wrong) a kind of feeling of being superior from some of the people who have done this program a long time ago...well, not everyone knew about it or maybe, like me, not everyone had weight to lose at that time. Everyones life is different and I thought we were all here to learn from one another.
Hey Charlene - glad to hear from you... and may I say you look fabulous!!
You make a good point, and to tell you the truth, I have trouble finding answers to my questions in "old" threads... there's just SO much to sort through! And I like seeing new people here with new (or old) issues that they bring up. After all, this was a brand new thing to all of us at one time, and we gain knowledge with time on the plan. I think we should share that knowledge when we can.
Like many others here, I was really bored with my food after a few weeks, mostly because I was afraid to venture out & try new (Medi-acceptable) items. Now, after 7 months, I have a full range of foods and meals that I developed (some with help from here and some thru my own experimentation :-)... anyway, I'm not feeling bored or deprived in anyway anymore. BUT it took time & "re-programming" my brain to this WOE.
Stay around, Charlene ~ you have a lot of good advice to offer!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: morningchai
Stats: 174/153/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: 1/27/2011
I'm just 30 minutes away from my week 4 weigh-in!

I hit a major craving wall this weekend. I wanted to eat everything in sight that I couldn't and it really got me down. Thankfully I did not cave in a stayed on my plant to a T, but it was still really tough. Really REALLY tough.

I'm looking forward to the weigh in. I didn't let myself use the scale at home, but have noticed that I've gone down another notch in my belt....which I'm going to have to replace soon!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #299
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toodles
Stats: 267/252/199
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2011
Hi everyone. I am Lynn from Ohio. I joined Medi 5 weeks ago and so far have lost 20 lbs. best diet I have ever done. My nurse told me about this site and I like it here and might stay.
I live in Ohio near Dayton. Am married to a great guy, have 2 daughters,7grands and 2 pugs. Hubby and I have a Label Printing business and I work 4 days a week and babysit for grandaughter one day a week.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and appreciate any motivation you can give me.
See you around, Hugs,Lynn
Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Thanks for posting this. The reason I was drawn to this website was the fact that it contained so many members who have succeeded on the Medi plan. You do have to make major adjustments to your eating habits and your life and it helps to hear from people who have done it. I am just starting my 4th week, so I am new at this, but I look forward to supporting others who might face the hurdles I have.

On a another topic... I went to my appointment today and lost another 2 pounds! I am down to one appetite suppressant a day and that has really helped the sick feeling I had been having when I thought of food. I really feel great!
Closed Thread