Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Starting Over...Again (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/707514-starting-over-again.html)

NJOkee Dokee 01-25-2011 04:48 PM

Starting Over...Again

Hi-

I was on the plan about 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs. Back then, the Medi Weight Loss thread was fairly new to LCF and didnt have nearly the info that I see here now.

Well once I reached a happy place with my weight loss, I thought I knew it all and ventured out on my own. For the next three years my weight went up and down. I came back to Medi several times only to last about a month and quit again because I wanted to work it MY WAY. "My way" got me right back to my original Medi starting weight, so here I am, again.

It's day one today and already I am craving sweets. I hope that all the new info thats here will help me through the rough spots. I feel such shame and really hope I can get myself back into this without screwing up again.

Wish me luck!

Mary T8M 01-25-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJOkee Dokee (Post 14312599)
Hi-

I was on the plan about 3 years ago and lost 50 lbs. Back then, the Medi Weight Loss thread was fairly new to LCF and didnt have nearly the info that I see here now.

Well once I reached a happy place with my weight loss, I thought I knew it all and ventured out on my own. For the next three years my weight went up and down. I came back to Medi several times only to last about a month and quit again because I wanted to work it MY WAY. "My way" got me right back to my original Medi starting weight, so here I am, again.

It's day one today and already I am craving sweets. I hope that all the new info thats here will help me through the rough spots. I feel such shame and really hope I can get myself back into this without screwing up again.

Wish me luck!

:welcome: Okee.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't beat yourself up (there is NOTHING to feel shame about......you're human!) As my Mom used to say "you don't have to beat yourself up.... there are plenty of others out there who will do it for you for FREE" :p
I'm fond of saying that my DH doesn't necessarily follow Medi many times......instead he insists on doing "Bill's Diet".....it NEVER turns out the way he wants it to.....I'm hoping he figures out that following a proven plan is what works.....and you don't NEED luck!

SonoRoo 02-15-2011 01:59 PM

Hi Okee, I feel your pain. I started MWL last year in May at 199lbs. I made it all the way down to 152. 47 lbs and I was so proud...then life happens (isn't that always the way it is???) and I have yoyo'd a bit since and lost my motivation. If I can just get back into eating correctly I will be fine.

I scheduled my first return visit for this Friday so I can get back in gear. I am trying so hard, but it is difficult. I don't ever want to be back to where I was and I am at 167.5 this morning. I don't want to be here because I am flirting with almost large size scrubs again and I definitely don't want that!!!

So, here I go...I am treating this as starting over. Part of the problem for me was that I stopped coming here as well. This forum is amazing reference and support system. Use it as much as possible!

bb0325 02-15-2011 02:27 PM

I am also starting over next Thursday. Life did take a hold of me. Too many tragedies that happened since May 2010. Now that all is smoothed out it will be about me. This weight needs to come off and maintained for a good year before hubby and I ttc. The program works and this site will help out alot.

SonoRoo 02-16-2011 08:05 AM

C'mon you guys...let's do this!

I woke up this morning and was a pound lighter...not much, but it is something.

grfxgrl 02-16-2011 06:50 PM

I too am starting over after stopping when I lost just over 20lbs. I didn't quit because I wanted to, but cuz...life happened. And yes, I could've continued, but I'm not even sure it occurred to me to--no program, no success I guess is what I thought.

Anyway, I eventually gained back that weight and then I quit smoking and gained 20 more pounds on top of that, so now I'm officially the heaviest I've ever been. The stars have finally aligned with finances and I can come back! I start next Monday :). Anyone have any tips for me? I remember week one being really hard due to being weak. I didn't reach 500 cals once that week--the appetite suppressant worked a little too well on me!

anyway, so you've got company on the restarting :) good luck to everyone!!