Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dukegal24
Stats: 201/182/145
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 1, 2011 (Jan 11 at Medi)
Water weight gain

First off, I'm new here. So hi everyone. I came across this site a few days after I officially joined Medi on Jan. 11. I started my lifestyle change at the start of the year and after prooving I could actually survive dieting, I took the plunge and joined Medi.

Anyways, today was my 2nd full week at Medi and I've happily lost 8 pounds (granted, I lost 7 pounds in the days before Medi this year). I've actually lost 11 pounds of fat, and gained 2.5 pounds of water. Anyone know what might be causing this (other than that time of the month!!!). I'm not focusing on my numbers too much really -- just enjoying having clothes fit better but at the same time it is frustrating to see the total pounds not drop as much and it is due to the excess water.

Any advice is great!
dukegal24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliciahmartin
Stats: 201/185/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 2010
I had the same problem as you in week 2. I was totally shocked to see that I had only lost one pound and pretty much everything else stayed the same. I could tell I had lost weight by how my clothes fit but it didn't show on the scale. I just kept telling myself that it was due to my "monthly gift". LOL I'm now in week 3 and I'm going to weigh in tonight--crossing my fingers that the scale is different this time. Just hang in there and keep following the program. It will pay off.
Aliciahmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
Same here!

I hate to hear this has happened to others, but at the same time it is kind of comforting to me since it sounds like we are all going through the same thing at the same time even.

I am on week 2 1/2. I lost 10.8 the first week. Did nothing different (as in off the plan) in the second and GAINED 2.8. And the thing is I could REALLY tell a different in my clothing in week 2.

I actually lost a little muscle the first week so I really focused on my proteins week 2 to try to prevent that from happening again. I gained that muscle back almost totally, and then held on to 1.5 more of water weight in week 2.

I have been doing Zumba 4 hours per week since July, so I have been and am still exercising, (LOVE Zumba!!)

I know that I feel different so I am trying not to dwell on the numbers, but it does still sting a bit to see the scale go up.
KBinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Try not to fret too much about the water weight, but just make sure that you're drinking enough fluids - not enough and you'll retain it. In my 16 or so weeks in acute, I only had significant water losses during two weeks. The other weeks I either maintained it or gained a little. It'll all work out over time.
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote