Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliciahmartin
Stats: 201/185/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 2010
I am new to this and I need help.

Hello all. I am in my third week at mediweightloss. The first week was hard for me but I stuck to it and lost 7 pounds. I had my second weigh in Tuesday only to find that I only lost a pound. I am sticking with the program and I am determined to lose this weight. After reading so many posts it seems like so many of you have lost a lot more than me in the first few weeks. Has anyone had the same problems as me? I really need some advice.
Aliciahmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Hi Aliciahmartin, I also have had 2 not so good weeks. I had my third week weigh in on last tuesday and it was only .02. My second week was 2.4 and I was alittle discouraged because I have a lot of weight to lose. I reached out to the folks on this forum but no one every responded back so I wanted to at least respond back to you because it helps to hear from folks that have gone through the program. Anyway lets just hang in there and drink all our water and eat all our protein. Hopefully, then the weight will start to come off in numbers like it should.
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
[QUOTE=Aliciahmartin;14295589]Hello all. I am in my third week at mediweightloss. The first week was hard for me but I stuck to it and lost 7 pounds. I had my second weigh in Tuesday only to find that I only lost a pound. I am sticking with the program and I am determined to lose this weight. After reading so many posts it seems like so many of you have lost a lot more than me in the first few weeks. Has anyone had the same problems as me? I really need some advice.[/QUOTFirs

Welcome! Look at the big picture - in 2 weeks you've lost 8 lbs, that's great! Be sure to drink lots and lots of water, it helps your body lose the weight. You'll find all of us believe in this program, in 8 months I went from 260 lbs, size 22 to 164 lbs, size 8. It does work, it is now a way of life for me. Continue with the protein, lots and lots and lots of water, and exercising....it will work.

Come over to the monthly thread...I think you"ll find that you get more responses/feedback over there. I know a lot of people tend to only check that thread, especially when life gets busy!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Hang in there. I know at times it can be frustrating but if you keep following it sooner or later it will "click" and you'll have a big weight loss. Just keep focusing on doing the things you need to do and the scale will follow. I have been doing this 9 weeks. Everyone says to drink water. I have a hard time doing that but when I do the weight loss is bigger that week so try to focus on water and protein. Make sure you are in ketosis. The body will respond just hang in there.
clergywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the comments and support. I'm really hoping that when I weigh in on Tuesday I will not be disappointed. I really appreciate all of your comments and it helps to know I'm not the only one having a hard time.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:43 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
Start Date: January 14,2011
Hi Alicia!
I am new also, I go to the Fairhope clinic! I just had my first weigh in yesterday and had lost 5.5 lbs! I am proud of the loss but thought it would be more because of the foods I was limited too! I was told not to exercise the first week but ended up having to help my daughter move for 2 days and didn't know to replenish my proteins I used up with the extreme exercise, so they think I might have went into starvation mode and was holding fat instead of burning!:blush:

I know now to replenish my protein calories when I exercise, which I am allowed to do now. Also found out vacuuming, and cleaning house is exercise and should have replenished those proteins! I am learning, I think we both are!

I am so determined to lose this weight by summer, and I feel like Medi can help me accomplish that! Have been thru alot of diets with some success and just gained back. I don't want to do that anymore!

Hang in there and with the support here maybe we can halp each other thru the downs and celebrate the ups!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Thank you. We will have to keep each other motivated. I am looking forward to Tuesday in hopes that it will bring good news. I have been doing kettle bell exercises this week and I am taking a self defense class Monday night in Daphne. I know that exercise is key so I'm crossing my fingers. If you want to join me in an exercise class let me know. Keep in touch and good luck!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for inviting me to exercise, something I do need to start doing!

Do you go to Fairhope clinic? Your in second week, did they tell you about replacing exercise calories burnt?
Nannyhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyhooch View Post
Hi Alicia!
I am new also, I go to the Fairhope clinic! I just had my first weigh in yesterday and had lost 5.5 lbs! I am proud of the loss but thought it would be more because of the foods I was limited too! I was told not to exercise the first week but ended up having to help my daughter move for 2 days and didn't know to replenish my proteins I used up with the extreme exercise, so they think I might have went into starvation mode and was holding fat instead of burning!:blush:

I know now to replenish my protein calories when I exercise, which I am allowed to do now. Also found out vacuuming, and cleaning house is exercise and should have replenished those proteins! I am learning, I think we both are!

I am so determined to lose this weight by summer, and I feel like Medi can help me accomplish that! Have been thru alot of diets with some success and just gained back. I don't want to do that anymore!

Hang in there and with the support here maybe we can halp each other thru the downs and celebrate the ups!

What did they say about replenishing calories if you exercise? I am curious cause I have been exercising my first week thinking it would aid in my weight loss.
MaggieMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

I am going to the Fairhope clinic. If I understand correctly whatever calories you burn with exercise you have to eat back with protein. They told me if I am really hungry one day then I can just exercise so I can eat more---this works out pretty good because I seem to be hungry all the time! I think I must have a tolerance to the appetite suppressants because the clinic told me to double up my 3pm dose but I'm still hungry. Do you guys get your mid-week injections? I haven't done that yet because of my work schedule but if you guys think it is necessary I will have to start.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Just want to caution you all....replenishing calories lost to exercise is not something that many people have talked about here, except for some high-intensity exercise (running, long distance biking, etc). I didn't move beyond the 500 calories daily of protein for several months (and even at the end of my 8 months in acute I was only at 700-750 protein calories). I have consistently walked 4-5 miles per day, adding in jogging and sometimes doing an extended walk of 8 miles....and the clinic never told me to add more, but it was more about the timing of when I ate.

My word of advice is that each person needs to ask at their clinics, because each clinic and each person has different ways of finding success with Medi. Use this board to learn about various strategies, but always check with your clinic first for how they want you to do things.

Sorry to intrude!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Just want to caution you all....replenishing calories lost to exercise is not something that many people have talked about here, except for some high-intensity exercise (running, long distance biking, etc). I didn't move beyond the 500 calories daily of protein for several months (and even at the end of my 8 months in acute I was only at 700-750 protein calories). I have consistently walked 4-5 miles per day, adding in jogging and sometimes doing an extended walk of 8 miles....and the clinic never told me to add more, but it was more about the timing of when I ate.

My word of advice is that each person needs to ask at their clinics, because each clinic and each person has different ways of finding success with Medi. Use this board to learn about various strategies, but always check with your clinic first for how they want you to do things.

Sorry to intrude!
Keri,

I am glad your intruding! I did not feel right about what the nurse told me. And just found out Alisha goes to same clinic. The nurse told me twice don't drop below your 500 your body will be in starvation and will hold fat instead of burn it. They gave me a long list of things from walking to housework how many calories it burns up and to add it back. I asked the nurse to explain again. Yesterday I did housework and vacuumed. That was 236 calories burned, I had only eaten 230 calories at that time (3pm) So I added that back and ate more protein, I was so sick! It was too much. And I don't feel it's correct even though I want to put all my trust in the clinic and that they can help me and I know they still can. I just am not going to replenish every calorie burned. You know from experience and that is what I wanted to hear. And you have amazing results so you know what your doing.

Thank you, I will listen to what the clinic advises me. But, this one thing I will just have to do what I feel is comfortable for my body.
Nannyhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the FYI! I appreciate it so much. I think I might be lost without you guys.