Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PrettyAgain
just started today!

I just wanted to say hello... while researching whether or not to join Medi Weight Loss, I read the threads on this forum. I just got back from my initial visit and I'm scared and excited to start this journey.

Your posts and threads have been very helpful to me and I look forward to being able to share thoughts and questions here.

I selected my user name is because that is how I want to feel! I have been feeling so down on myself lately and feeling depressed.

Thanks!
PrettyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyAgain View Post
I just wanted to say hello... while researching whether or not to join Medi Weight Loss, I read the threads on this forum. I just got back from my initial visit and I'm scared and excited to start this journey.

Your posts and threads have been very helpful to me and I look forward to being able to share thoughts and questions here.

I selected my user name is because that is how I want to feel! I have been feeling so down on myself lately and feeling depressed.

Thanks!
PrettyAgain!! We all know how you feel, and understand your excitement and fears. I was feeling those emotions, too, six months ago when I began my Medi journey. I was also feeling depressed and mad at myself ~ it hit me when I really looked at a photo my brother took of me when he came to visit last June. At first I thought I looked pretty good... then I realized I didn't even KNOW that fat woman in the picture! Long story short, with the support of the Medi clinic staff and this forum (and some renewed strength from the Man above, I guess), I reached my goal in 3 months... and have maintained a few pounds under goal since. Oh, and I don't suffer or deprive myself... I just eat "differently," now that I understand how to monitor myself properly.
You will be amazed at how much better you feel when you see your clothing getting suddenly bigger. Just stick with it, and be patient with yourself. Go to the newbie thread and our monthly forum thread, and you'll get lots of support!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
I joined on the 10th also. I am starting today as well. It would be great to keep in touch since we are both at same stage.

Welcome to the program and good luck!!
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ThisIsIt2011
I started my routine last Saturday! 1/8/2011
ThisIsIt2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 14,2011
Hello PrettyAgain!
Good Luck! I go for my first consultation Friday Jan. 14th! I am very nervous and so help I stick to this! Let me know how it's going for you!!
Nannyhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to the group!

Please be sure to check out the thread below for great tips, information, support and encouragement for the first few weeks/months in the program:

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

And drop into our monthly thread as well for encouragement and support.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PrettyAgain
Thank you so much for all your replies!!!

Week One has been challenging, to say the least. I developed some sort of meat aversion on day 2/3 because I have never eaten this much meat in my LIFE! I am not a vegetarian but I just don't eat meat as my sole focus, really. I am a salad girl, I love veggies and chips/salsa... so I was thrown for a loop.

I went in and spoke to a worker at MEDI and she suggested Chobani Greek 0% yogurt and to mix that with splenda/cinnamon and it was a LIFESAVER! I felt so much better after having that snack. It's been more manageable ever since.

I'll definitely check out the link. and, Ferrarimom, Thisisit, Nanny, etc... I'd lov to keep in touch and have a 'partner' in this! Please do!
PrettyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I will have to try the Greek yogurt dish! I have a very busy job and don't ususally do breakfast so I have been drinking the shakes for breakfast. We are allowed one a day. I have not had a problem with hunger yet. I actually feel good, that could change but I am just so determined to lose this weight!

Hang in there! I'm right there with you!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ktbug283
Stats: 192.2/192.2/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 08/30/2011
Michelle,

Are you drinking shakes with the medi protein powder? If so, what flavor, chocolate or vanilla and how do you prepare them. I am on day 2 and did not buy the powder for shakes but think it may be a good idea to do that once I go in tomorrow for my mid-week injection. Thanks!

Katie
ktbug283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Michelle,

Are you drinking shakes with the medi protein powder? If so, what flavor, chocolate or vanilla and how do you prepare them. I am on day 2 and did not buy the powder for shakes but think it may be a good idea to do that once I go in tomorrow for my mid-week injection. Thanks!

Katie

Katie,
I bought some of the EAS shakes from walmart 110 calories/3 carbs! I bought vanilla and Chocolate. Vanilla is awful, I like the chocolate. I received a free sample of the chocolate shake from the clinic but have not tried it yet. I need something at work I can grab...if you know what I mean! Today is day 5 and I FEEL GREAT! Keep me update on your progress!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Katie,
that didn't work out right! was trying to put your msg with my reply! didn't do something right! The quote thang never works for me!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in on your progress. I haven't been on here in a couple of days. I hope that things are going great for you.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

I will have to go to Walmart and see if they have them. Did someone at your clinic recommend these to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyhooch View Post
Michelle,

Katie

Katie,
I bought some of the EAS shakes from walmart 110 calories/3 carbs! I bought vanilla and Chocolate. Vanilla is awful, I like the chocolate. I received a free sample of the chocolate shake from the clinic but have not tried it yet. I need something at work I can grab...if you know what I mean! Today is day 5 and I FEEL GREAT! Keep me update on your progress!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

My clinic said I could use the EAS shakes instead of their protein powder.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I picked some up yesterday afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
My clinic said I could use the EAS shakes instead of their protein powder.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

KTbug sorry for just now getting back to you, I work all week and it's hard to find time to get on the computer in the evenings, thanks ferrarimom for answering her.

I actually have done the LowCarb diet on my own about 6 yrs ago and used the shakes then so that is why I picked them up! I lost 50 lbs 6 yrs ago on my own with no help! Gained back 90% of it, have been trying to lose it with no Luck! That's when I heard about MWC and decided this might be what I need! So far, so good! Lost 5.5 lbs my first week!

Good Luck! Keep me updated on your success!