Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ThisIsIt2011
Diabetics vs. Medi Weight Loss

Any diabetics out there that has been on Medi? What are things that us diabetics have to watch out for?

Links?
ThisIsIt2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shakespeare72
Stats: 328/274/228
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 23, 2013
My wife has joined me on Medi and she is diabetic. They altered her medication from the beginning and are monitoring her very, VERY closely. They changed week 1 up a bit but for the most part, she is following the program just the same way I am and has had great success.
Shakespeare72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deebert
Stats: 294/183/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Feb 2010
This is a great diet for diabetics. Much research is available. See Dr. Richard Bernstein's book Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugar

Many others have written about controlling carbs for the diabetic.

I am insullin resistant. My blood sugar drops as opposed to going high. I have to watch my calorie burn when working out. If I don't have enough 'energy' and do a high calorie burn, I tend to have my BS drop. So I eat protein immediately before and immediately after I do a high calorie burn (over 400 calories in an hour.)
Deebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
i took 120 units of insulin a day and my sugar was 200 to 250 most of the time. A month on this plan and I was off all of my meds. I have lost 105 pounds now and my sugar is always 85 to 120 even two hours after I eat. I still take zero diabetic meds no pills, no shots.. That alone is worth every cent!!!! Dr. Bernstine's book is much like this diet.. a great read.

Last edited by stownsend; 04-25-2011 at 07:06 PM..
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 2011
My husband is a diabetic and he's been doing a modified version of Medi with me. Essentially, he eats what I eat, but he's had the occasional bowl of cereal or slice of bread--everything whole grain, but I'm not even having that yet. He's dropped at least 25 pounds and has already eliminated one of his meds. He's a doctor as well and says this is a great program because it really is low-carb/low sugar and he feels great. I'm sure you'll check with your own physician and they'll make sure to monitor you, but so far, we're really both feeling fantastic about the weight loss and improved health! Good luck!!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote