Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*Joyously Jumping into a MWL January!*.*

Here we are at the start of another New Year. Another day to reflect on all we have accomplished in the past year, and what we wish to accomplish in this shiny new one. On your journey to good health and fitness, come along with us and share in the support, encouragement and tips for success. We welcome you all to another great year!

You CAN do this!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a holiday!

I have pretty much been away from a computer since a few days before Christmas. This is by choice... I spend all day at work in front of a computer so when I am on vacation, I try to avoid it.

The holidays were rough. I was on vacation starting the Wednesday before Christmas and was just fine until Christmas eve. My family has a big fondue party then and I decided to indulge a little in some of the treats. I did not have much (it was significantly less than I normally would have in years previous) but it was enough to knock be out of ketosis (and I am sure it was above my daily calorie/carb limits). Since then I have not been able (yeah, throwing that excuse out there) to get back in but I have not stressed about it. Mainly, I made good choices in my meals, with a few tiny treats here or there (RE a piece of my grandmother's recipe peanut butter fudge every other day.... we only get it once a year). Since I got back home from visiting family on Wednesday this week I have been following normal acute phase eating, though I have not been journaling. Today I had a Mich ultra to watch the Gator game. This is actually my first beer since starting... It actually tasted fantastic and I only wanted one. All in all, i enjoyed the holidays. I went off plan but I did not let myself feel guilty about it. I like to say that I chose to go off plan. I exercised control in only having a few pieces of the world's best peanut butter fudge over the course of a week instead of ALOT of pieces, plus alot of cookies, plus alot of everything else. It was good to know that I can control myself around these things.

However, I am not at my goal yet (even though I fit into a size 14 jeans over the break, down from a size 16 ) and I need to get back into ketosis. Starting right now I am not week one eating again to get back to ketosis and get myself back into the swing of things.

Here is to a fantastic new year!!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: minty301
Stats: 214.5/214.5/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 1, 2011

Hello All,

Happy New Year!

Today is my first day on MWL. I went for my first appointment on Thursday and decided to start the program today on the first day of the year.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I was part of over 650 participants trying to break a world record today for being in the largest Zumba class in the world! Incidently, also danced Zumba just 4 people away from Kirstey Alley. Had no idea she was going to be there til my friends and I were stretching and warming up. Even spoke with her. For info you can go to kwch.org website for the write up. Anyways....I started
1-1-11 in Zumba with my friends who loved it though they had never gone before and now want to go regularly, so I may have the incentive to go to the Y more frequently!! Horray!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-01-2011 at 06:52 PM..
Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
You've inspired me to try Zumba this week..Sounds fun!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I LOVE Zumba! The Y classes are always packed full. I so wish I could go back. We cancelled the gym membership though to save money so all I've got is my walking feet now.

Also wanted to say - Mary, thank you for all the food suggestions on the other thread! I didn't get a chance to respond before it closed. I appreciate it so much!

Last edited by eptexy; 01-02-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
I love zumba too!

Even though my gym was closed yesterday, my goal was to hit the outdoor track since it was unseasonably warm. I woke up at 5AM with the terrible migrane and no power. Took the migrane pills and off to bed again. Power was restored around noon and I felt like I was ran over by a bus. I was physically, mentally and emotinally a mess yesterday, NOT how I wanted to start the new year.

Now today I woke up with a mild headach but I'm determined to make it to the gym!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
I think Zumba would be fun but I'm not really a class girl. I love the solitude of exercising alone. I saw, awhile back, Debbie (i think) posting about Zumba for Wii. I'm also not into video game systems but I might just get one so I can do it in the privacy of my own home.
On a side note...I'm sure more than a few of us got a little too crazy with food over the holidays. I indulged quite a few times, more than I should have:blush: but thanks to my workouts and daily habits I haven't gained any weight and have even lost about a pound...don't wanna get too comfortable doing this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
I love zumba too!

Even though my gym was closed yesterday, my goal was to hit the outdoor track since it was unseasonably warm. I woke up at 5AM with the terrible migrane and no power. Took the migrane pills and off to bed again. Power was restored around noon and I felt like I was ran over by a bus. I was physically, mentally and emotinally a mess yesterday, NOT how I wanted to start the new year.

Now today I woke up with a mild headach but I'm determined to make it to the gym!

maintenance
Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Made it to the gym today although I still had a headach. Didn't get to do as much as I wanted to but got in an hour on the treadmill. Can't wait until tomorrow, spinning! I love spinning!! I also hope I'm in a better mood and out of this funk.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Charlene,

I'd mentioned I bought a Wii and bought "Just Dance" for it. It included Zumba-like dancing in part of it and was so fun. I really recommend that "game" because it has some hilarious but tough dances and gives quite a workout. Since my daughters left after Christmas though I haven't been back at the Wii as DH has been using the TV for college sports marathan viewing! Ha! But, I have been watching too. I don't like to go to classes at the Y where I'm yelled instructions or have to be super coordinated and feel out of place if I'm not a skinny minnie. But the Zumba classes are follow the leader, very very few verbal instructions, FUN, and as long as you are moving at that pace you are getting a workout whether you hit the mark just the same intensity or very very little intensity. It's like a dance party and you get to be part of the fun! The only drawback is how crowded the classes get, but it's not bad if those around you are trying to turn at the right time, etc.!!
Debbie
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Happy New Year to my low carb friends! I had a great loss over Christmas, -3.3. Unfortunately that victory and lack of preparing for new years and some more casual gatherings have put me way off track. I am exploring my current struggles and would love suggestions on how to push past and get to goal. When I started Medi in Oct, I set a weight goal but also 3 non-scale goals. 1) to walk without my thighs rubbing together 2) to sit on the toilet without my gut on my lap, and 3) to comfortable wear my size 12/non spandex jeans. Currently, I have met all of these goals and a few bonuses like wearing a pair of size 10 dress pants and increasing my fitness level. I think I don't do well with weight/number goals because i can't control them. So here are my new non-scale goals...
1) continue working out 2-3 days/week. I would like to increase this to nearly every day after I graduate in June
2) Consistently wear a size 10
3) Have a "normal" BMI for the first time in my life
4) Get my body fat level to a healthy place (also for the first time in my life).

The plan-
Back to week 1 starting tomorrow. I am going to get out my journal from when I did it the first time to remind myself of what I ate. Confession: I haven't been in ketosis for weeks and at more chocolate in the past 3 days than I have in the past 3 years! Not usually a craving for me. Continue exercising. Not worry about maintenance until I get to my goal. Maintaining weight loss has always been a struggle for me and this time I want it to be different.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Determined Gemini- I love spinning too but the instructor at the Y that teaches when I can go uses aweful music. I love it when she has a sub. It's like you can feel the fat melting off! I have also been doing body pump twice a week. It's group weight lifting set to music. I use medium weights so I don't get bulky but it gets my hr up, I sweat like crazy and it's great for toning.

Debbie- I would love Zumba and Just Dance 2 for Wii. I heard Just Dance is a blast. I have a Wii fit and never use it. I'm not good at working out at home. I enjoy the socialization of classes and the Y.

Cindy- I look forward to sharing your successes! Sounds like you are determined to get back to goal.

Erin- I hear you on trying to change finances. I really need to crack down and put myself on a budget. I think I need Medi for money management, lol.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Kerri- Thanks for sharing your before and after. You body is smaller and your smile is bigger
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Just worked out with our new Just Dance 2 and it was so fun! I was puffing, but it flies by when you're having fun.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Happy New year all!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Determined Gemini- I love spinning too but the instructor at the Y that teaches when I can go uses aweful music. I love it when she has a sub. It's like you can feel the fat melting off! I have also been doing body pump twice a week. It's group weight lifting set to music. I use medium weights so I don't get bulky but it gets my hr up, I sweat like crazy and it's great for toning.

Debbie- I would love Zumba and Just Dance 2 for Wii. I heard Just Dance is a blast. I have a Wii fit and never use it. I'm not good at working out at home. I enjoy the socialization of classes and the Y.

Cindy- I look forward to sharing your successes! Sounds like you are determined to get back to goal.

Erin- I hear you on trying to change finances. I really need to crack down and put myself on a budget. I think I need Medi for money management, lol.
Hi Erica,
I hear you on the music with spinning, I stop taking the Wednesday class because of that. Last year I did 2 50 miles bike rides and I'm in love with cycling.
I also take body pump and love it!!! It's made a huge difference, toning my arms and legs. I stare at my arms and legs, how tone my biceps and quads are. I've also notice that my cellulite have diminished. Our instructor says we will never bulk up like a man because our body is different and the only reason some women do bulk up is because they take testosterone.
I go to Gold's gym and they recently added an abs class. I need to work on my core especially with my bad back.
I do take zumba at a dance studio, my friend is the instructor and is great. I do not like the zumba class at my gym.

Unfortunately since my back gave out in October, I've had to stop going to the gym but I got a green light Thursday.
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 01-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Erika - thank you for that sweet compliment! I look at pictures of myself from 8+ months ago and really feel sorry for how sad that fat girl was....I never realized it before, but now when I smile it is a completely different kind of smile. There's nothing fake or sad about it, I am so much happier now.

I still am playing mind games with myself though. My original goal was to be a size 10, and the weight wasn't that big of a deal. Now that I am a comfortable 10 (actually a loose 10 and sometimes an 8....if I hadnt bought so many bottoms when I reached 10 then I would probably own more 8's now). But, just when I convince myself that I am happy with my weight and that if I lost more I would begin to look too thin....as it is my collar bone, cheek bones, hip bones all really stick out. BUT I have that classic upper thigh fat and that "pouch" in the front (which is from being overweight for so long and having c-sections for my 2 10 1/2 lb girls). I then look on here at everyones height/goal weight and wonder why 160's are ok for me when people of the same height are much less and there's always that lovely bmi chart....ugh! Just don't know what to do!

At 21/22 years old I was 147-150 and had to work really hard on a daily basis to stay there (did 60 min of card @ 4:30 am, taught elementary school all day, then hit the gym for more card, weights, and classes. I was not healthy at all) it is a slippery slope - I know I am SO MUCH healthier now than I was then....and I was a size 8 at that weight....but sometimes I just really wish there was the perfect formula for knowing my ideal weight....it would make my type A personality happy to have an exact number to stay at.

Sometimes I think transition is playing with my head too....because it feels like I eat a lot of food and i'm still not eating as much as they said to. On the plus side I had no trouble not using the AS....which I was worries about!

Thanks for listening to my vent!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 01-03-2011 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Edited to apologize for all my typo's - I am trying out my iPad and it keeps "correcting" my words!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Keri, first off I agree with everyone - you are gorgeous! I remember when you first started. It was right around the time I was thinking about maintenance. I'm amazed at how far you have come. WOW.

Secondly, I don't have very much advice for you except to empathize because I could have written the exact same thing! From discovering my 'real' smile to over examining those c-section pooches (those don't go away no matter how much you lose, btw) to second guessing myself on my goal weight. Just know that you are not only in a transition with Medi but also in a transition of getting used to the new YOU. It takes awhile for your mind to catch up. I lost nearly 45 pounds and I suspect that a 93 lb loss would take twice as long to get used to! Just have faith that your feelings are normal and you will eventually lose a lot of that fear.

Anyway, you're awesome. So excited for you and have loved seeing your posts!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I'm in a worse mood today then the last 2 days. Some people at work really get under my skin. OMG I don't know what's wrong with me but I need to get out of this funk before I kill someone! And to make matters worse I have to miss spinning tonight because my son and I have a dentist appoint which I couldn't reschedule I have no copay to go to the dentist but if I cancel and reschedule its a $40 cancellation fee for each one! Ridiculouse!

My only high light today was replying to Erica and looking forward to spinning tonight. I know I'm not pmsing because I had MOT last week, could it be the meds? But this is my 4th week??? I do have a nasty medicine tast in my mouth. HELP what to do?!?!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I'll bet it's the meds. Sometimes they would really make me edgy. Go for a long walk tonight and relax with a cup of tea. Do something nice for you.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Back On Track!!!

Well.....new year new attitude!!!

My back isn't much better BUT I'm thrilled that I still can do cardio

I've been back to the gym

I had to take my other little foundling to my SIL-another bit of depression with that BUT it had to be done because the other foundling from last year was terrified of her She started making "messes" on my kitchen floor because she was terrified to use the box and have the new one "ninja-kitty attack her! She was just wanting to play but "tiny" as I call her, is just that TINY!! The new one was much bigger than her!!! My SIL has posted on facebook for me to let me know how things are going...so far so good Thank God!!!!

I've revamped my diet...back to MWL full force...very little carbs and lots of protein and veggies!!!

So, I can proudly say that I'm down to 150.6!!!!

I figure 145lbs is a good weight for me-it's where my body felt most comfortable...any less than that, I look like I'm anorexic

Another 5lbs to go!!!!

Most people haven't seen the weight gain BUT all have told me how better I look

Anywho.... WTG all and keep on doing your best!!!

PS... my chiropractor is a little puzzled by how much activity I've been....
However, he knows me well (unfortunately I guess ) I don't lay about when I'm hurting so.... onward and "downward"

Happy New Year all!!!!

cindy-150.6
Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Erin - Thank you, and you are right....my mind hasn't caught up yet. Sometimes I catch my reflection and I am so suprised at what I see. It's good to hear that this is "normal". It's like the "old me" is trying to sabotage the new, forever me....with these thoughts of still not being good enough. My ultimate goal should be to remain the healthiest I can be, and I need to remember that.

Weigh-in tomorrow after 1 week of transition....we'll see how it goes! The dr. Said last week that some people do the basic transition diet for 1 or 2 weeks then do the calorimeter test....seeing as how I struggled every day to eat the amount of food I was supposed to eat perhaps I should do 1 more week. Who knows!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
First Week Lost

Started 12/28/10 - 250
First Week 1/14/2011 - 238.2

Lost of 11.8
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Started 12/28/10 - 250
First Week 1/14/2011 - 238.2

Lost of 11.8
Wow CONGRATS!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Betty going 85! Great loss....keeps you motivated, doesn't it?!?!

Had my weigh in this morning after 1 week of transition....I know weigh 165.2!!! Talked to the nutritionist about my fears regarding what is my ideal weight and she too said the same thing that Erin had said....give my mind some time to adjust to the new me, and it's not like I can pick where to lose more from - chances are I will always feel my upper thighs and stomach have more to lose. She reminded me of things I have told her - how happy I am with my energy level, my ability to jog (18 min consecutive so far - compares to 90 seconds when I started), my size-goal accomplished and then some, etc. Next week we do the calorimeter and blood work. For the next week it's 1,000 calories made up of protein, 2 starches, 2 veggies, 1 fruit, 1 dairy, and 1 healthy fat. I am still struggling to eat that much in a day. I just need to really get better about eating more times in a day....now that life has calmed down post-holidays I should be able to.

After my weigh-in I had to run to the mall. Stopped at The Loft to see if shorts were out yet (we're going to FL mid-February and I don't own any shorts/skirts that fit). Took into the dressing room 2 pairs size 10, and a pair of capris. Too big! Took back in all size 8....shorts fit great, capris still too big in the waist! Wasn't getting dressed and going back in since my 2 yr old had decided she was done.....but just to buy 2 size 8's and have another be too big....love it!

Those who have transitioned....what are the stay slims? Or the melts? She said we'd discuss them next week....but if I am already off the AS, why would I need the stay slims next week?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Stay Slims are the hoodia based appetite suppressant. I'll bet they just wanted the AS out of your system before starting you on the stay slims. I don't take them but I do have a bottle sitting around. From what I understand, it takes 3 weeks to even start working. The melts take the place of the shots! I take them every once in awhile for energy but a doctor told me that it's pretty rare to be b vitamin deficient so I pretty much ignore them. Who knows. It sounds like you are getting really good assistance in your transition. I didn't get that and I know I'm not eating a balanced diet with the grains, vegetables, and fruits. That's probably the reason I struggle sometimes. My calories and carbs are in check but nutrient-wise, it's not exactly balanced.

Congratulations on the sizes! That's SO exciting! And woohoo... SHORTS! That's a new experience, huh?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
My New Year's Revelation

<---
Folks, it's crazy, but me plus that enormous beast I'm holding in my Avatar photo to the left there still don't equal what I weighed when I started Medi 3.5 months ago!

Happy New Year, all!
PS: More photos of "the beast" are at http://picasaweb.google.com/diertac/Ella should you need an overdose of cute for the day.

Last edited by diertac; 01-04-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I LOVE Zumba! The Y classes are always packed full. I so wish I could go back. We cancelled the gym membership though to save money so all I've got is my walking feet now.

Also wanted to say - Mary, thank you for all the food suggestions on the other thread! I didn't get a chance to respond before it closed. I appreciate it so much!
Erin, You're very welcome. I did want to tell you that I have given up the AS (cold turkey) because we aren't going back to the clinic for a while. I have found for the most part that I'm doing OK without them. I MAY be doing more calories but still following the low carb, LOWER fat plan.

I did indulge in a small bit of black eyed peas, and WAY too much of the collard greens........probably the BEST I've ever made (thanks to a Paula Deen recipe I combined with my old one) on New Years Day, so am NOT in ketosis, but I am committed to losing another 25 pounds, so I'm drinking ALL of my water, and walking daily

Yesterday I made a modified recipe (probably better for maintenance...it was quite a bit of veggies) of swiss steak, and mashed rutabagas.....OH MY GOODNESS was that ever yummy!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 01-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
I just had my post holiday weigh in....and I lost 5 pounds!
It was all fat. Water stayed the same.

I don't know how this is possible considering I was out of ketosis for 75% of the last 2 weeks. I suppose I just shocked my body with the bad eating. I am not going to get cocky about eating poorly and still losing though. I have been all protein the past few days to get back into ketosis.

I am amazed at how quickly the weight is coming off. I have lost 27lbs total. That is almost 30! Holy crap!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
Start Date: October 2010
Just bakes chocolate chip cookies because I had eggs and chocolate leftover from Christmas. Bad idea!!!! :-)
Probably ate the equivalant of 1.5 cookies in cookie dough. Sometimes I just loose it! Oh well....
Closed Thread