Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/2/10
BACK TO MEDI!

Hello To My Medi Friends Old & New,

Happy New Year to You All - May God Bless You & Your Families in 2011

I first started Medi 1 yr ago, lost about 15 lbs and quit. But, I am back and I am STARTING STRONG this year!

***I LOST 8.4 LBS MY FIRST WEEK BACK!!!***

My secret this time: FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM TO THE "T". Actually WEIGHING the food I eat, logging it and being accountable = big difference! My sister lost 50 lbs w/Medi in this past year and has kept most it off so I am a believer - IT CAN BE DONE AND WE CAN DO IT!

I am getting married on July 9th to the love of my life
and he's going to have the beautiful, FIT, fabulous bride he DESERVES! And the body that I deserve. [B]I will be SMILING when I see my wedding pictures--not crying!

BEST WISHES TO ALL - IT'S SO GOOD TO BE BACK!

Jules

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I ran the Warrior Dash today.... and it was awesome!

(some of the warrior-tastic pics are here)

I treated myself to my free warrior beer after the race (only maybe my 3rd beer since starting medi.... and it was tasty ) Managed to avoid going back for seconds though.

Unfortunately, I may have sprained my ankle at somepoint during the race.... hopefully not, considering I have really been getting to enjoy working out. Icing it and elevating right now... hoping it is just a little sore and nothing worse

Tomorrow I am back to tracking my food strictly after being a bit lax (not terrible, but not great) this weekend.

Charlie.....GREAT pictures! Hope your ankle is getting better!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovemilk
Stats: 264.6/253.4/180
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 1/22/11
Had my first weigh-in on Friday, 6th day, not 7th. I lost 6 lbs even and am really fighting the disappointment. Based upon what I've been reading, I was certainly hoping for more, especially as I followed the program perfectly and even exercised 3 times. This is so important to me and it just has to work, but I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong. Or give up from the frustration.

Last edited by ilovemilk; 01-31-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post
Had my first weigh-in on Friday, 6th day, not 7th. I lost 6 lbs even and am really fighting the disappointment. Based upon what I've been reading, I was certainly hoping for more, especially as I followed the program perfectly and even exercised 3 times. This is so important to me and it just has to work, but I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong. Or give up from the frustration.
Ilovemilk, it could have been that you would have had a big whoosh and drop in weight on the 7th day so don't get too discouraged. 6 lbs. is just wonderful and it's 6 lbs. you'd still be carrying around if you hadn't started the program. I just started last Thursday and I keep catching myself looking at the big picture and am continually telling myself to stop it. This is going to take time and I think it's best to take it one day and one week at a time and look no further ahead then that. You said "it just has to work" and it is. A drop of 6lbs in only 6 days time is phenomenal. If you're like me, you've tried other diets and I personally just do not have the patience for the .5 lb. a week losses that some other plans give you. You're doing wonderfully. Keep up the great work!!

Blessings,
Lisa
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Thrown out of menopause

I have not had a cycle in almost 2 years. I am 53 years old so I have living for that day. For the last 2 weeks I have had big water weight gains but fat loss so the numbers are ok. Well on Friday I got my monthly cycle. I was very shocked because this should not happen. I'm just wondering has anyone else have THIS PROBLEM. I called the client today and they are also very confused and don't believe that this has anything to do with the diet. But it's the only thing that has changed in my life so that is my reason for thinking this is the problem. I called and made an appointment with by GYN but it's not until the end of the month. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Betty.....

Just a quick note to let you know that it's probably due to the weight loss.
We produce hormones all throughout our lifetime amd when we're overweight, it gets stored in fat. When you lose weight, those hormones are released into our bloodstreams.
Some get their cycles off schedule, some get heavier TOM, and others just warn other people about these hormones getting released (along with mood changes :blush: )!!!
My thoughts are that this is probably what caused your not-so-nice surprise.
The good news...it stops once you lose all the fat that you want (you reach goal).
You're doing great!!!!

cindy
Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
ilovemilk- my first week i lost 7, and even though that's a good number, i wasn't happy because i kept reading about people who lost 9, 10, 11+ the first week. i kept plugging and the next week lost another 7. the weight just keeps coming off when you follow the plan. you had a great first week. pat yourself on the back and keep going. medi works
Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come along and join us in the brand new February thread! Here is the link:

**Frolicking into Fabulous February with MWL**

Jo
Closed Thread