Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovemilk
Stats: 264.6/253.4/180
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 1/22/11
Body Fat

Hi, I'm new to the group and started Medi last Saturday, the 22nd. I apologize if this question has been covered, but I was wondering about everyone's body fat percentage when they started. I think I'm looking for an idea of where my body fat is vs my weight in comparison with others who have gone through the program. I've decided that I won't look at a goal weight but rather a goal body fat because I think I tend to more muscle.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you all would share these with me... what they were, what they are and if you are aiming for a goal one?

My stats are as follows:

starting weight: 264.6
body fat: 49.6%
body fat weight: 131.2
fat free mass: 133.4

I am going for a body fat % of 24%. That means I have to lose 25.6% of my BF, or 32.8lbs of BF.

Obviously I don't want to lose any lean muscle. Can you all share your experience with this? Are you losing muscle on the program? Do you have a goal?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Keri SO glad you're feeling better I know what you mean about how hard it is to see your little one sick.....let me tell you it doesn't get better! I still feel the same way and my kids are adults......maybe not so much for things like colds, but when they are going through some difficulty (like DIL having to go through chemo....even with a family to take care of) I still feel like I'd gladly change places.

I seem to be in a rotten mood today.....or at least anti-social. My tollerance for people is at a LOW this morning.....guess I'll put on my Ipod and zone out on a walk

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 01-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemilk View Post
Hi, I'm new to the group and started Medi last Saturday, the 22nd. I apologize if this question has been covered, but I was wondering about everyone's body fat percentage when they started. I think I'm looking for an idea of where my body fat is vs my weight in comparison with others who have gone through the program. I've decided that I won't look at a goal weight but rather a goal body fat because I think I tend to more muscle.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you all would share these with me... what they were, what they are and if you are aiming for a goal one?

My stats are as follows:

starting weight: 264.6
body fat: 49.6%
body fat weight: 131.2
fat free mass: 133.4

I am going for a body fat % of 24%. That means I have to lose 25.6% of my BF, or 32.8lbs of BF.

Obviously I don't want to lose any lean muscle. Can you all share your experience with this? Are you losing muscle on the program? Do you have a goal?

Thanks!
I think your math may be a bit off. If you are going for 24% BF, then you need to lose 90lbs of BF. This would make your "goal" weight about 175lbs and your "goal" BF 41.2lbs. 41.2/175=24% (assuming muscle and water stay the same and I am thinking about this correctly). BF% is based on your weight at that time, not on your starting weight. I think?

My body fat percentage started at 42.4% (90.2lbs) and is now down to 35.4% (63.8lbs). According to my clinic, my goal body fat % should be 21%-33% (30.8-57.2lbs). I am 30 lbs away from my goal weight, so when I get there my fat mass should be 33.8lbs. This would put my body fat % at goal at 22.5% (assuming FFM stays the same). So I guess my goal is at the low end of the range... but I am ok with that. Going to be lean and mean, lol.

I have started taking screenshots of the stats on the medi website. I just like the data, lol.

This is the latest snapshot

I may have lost 1-2 lbs of muscle at one point. But this week I gained a lb of muscle. This is probably because since the previous weigh in I have finally added an exercise regimen to my life. I am assuming the FFM number will go up as I get stronger. I don't really have a goal in that respect. The 150lb goal I picked because it put me in the middle of the healthy range for my height. I may change this depending on how i feel/look when I get there. I may find that I can handle a lower weight or that I need to weight more.

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 01-26-2011 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: math is fun
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary - enjoy that walk! Love to zone out with my iPod when I'm having one of "those" days!

Ilovemilk - my stats when I began and now in maintenance are:
Weight: 259.6 / 161.4
fat %: 51.2 / 32.1
Fat mass: 133 lbs / 51.8 lbs
Water: 92.6 lbs / 80.2 lbs
Bmi: 41.9 / 26.1

When I began my goal was more of a size one than anything, I wanted to be a comfortable size 10 and I said I would be happy with whatever weight I was at when I got there. I am now basically an 8, sometimes 10 depending on the cut. For awhile I had it in my head that I wanted to be under 25 for a bmi, but with my frame I need to lose another 10+ lbs and I don't think that will look very "healthy" on me. So, basically as long as I stay under 165, fitting into the closet full of new clothes that I have, and being healthy and fit - I will be happy.

Not sure if that helps you!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/204.6/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss on my own.
Start Date: 07/21/14
Thank you Kelly, Charlie and Ann. I have an appointment tomorrow at 1:00 pm. I'm nervous. I'm not going into this planning to fail, but I'm scared this will just be like all my other attempts. I hope I can do it this time and keep it off. I've lost more times then I care to remember. It's getting it through my head that I can't go back to my old habits that I can't seem to figure out. I look forward to everyone's support and encouragement and hope I can do that for you as well. I'm jumping in with both feet tomorrow and hoping that this time I can stay afloat. Thanks again.

Blessings,
Lisa
Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Charlie
Glad you like the C25K, I love it and just got 2 of my son's friends mom to start using it too. I look back to when I first started and I couldn't job a minute on a speed of 2 and now I'm doing 5K!

Keri
Glad you are feeling better and so sorry your little one is sick I know it's hard to see them sick

Ilovemilk
Here are my stats. I started on 12/29/09
Weight: 256.6
Fat %: 49.5
Fat Mass: 127.0
Water: 94.8
BMI: 42.7

I lost 41 lbs in 20 weeks, then I stopped for 33 weeks and only gained back 3.6 lbs

I restarted on 12/10/10 and in 5 weeks, I've lost 12.6 lbs

For me it's not about a 'weight goal' but how I think I look and feel HEALTHY. I don't want to be too thin that I look sick.
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Alright I need everyone's input on the 'colon cleaner'....... I've always been very 'irregular' and when I started Medi the first time and when I restarted again, I always write down when I've had a 'regular' day. I'm so irregular that if I don't write it down, it will be days before i realize that something is wrong. Any way, I use the Medi colon cleanser but I don't think they make a difference. Has anyone notice a difference when using the colon cleanser???

I'm sorry, I don't mean it to be TMI but I had to ask :blush:
Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Alright I need everyone's input on the 'colon cleaner'....... I've always been very 'irregular' and when I started Medi the first time and when I restarted again, I always write down when I've had a 'regular' day. I'm so irregular that if I don't write it down, it will be days before i realize that something is wrong. Any way, I use the Medi colon cleanser but I don't think they make a difference. Has anyone notice a difference when using the colon cleanser???

I was just starting to wonder the same thing myself. I started last Monday and started taking 2 at night on my first day. (Also note: I drink all my water and then some) The first week I seemed to do ok, but the minute I added some veggies and fruit I started to have some issues, felt really bloated and couldn't go. I had to drink some smooth move tea last night. So I am not sure if they are worth it, I probably won't buy them again as I am sure there are other products out there that might work better. But this is just my opinion.

Christine
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Determined Gemini - that is the story of my life....I go days without going, colon cleanse never worked for me. For awhile I was taking a regular stool softener every other day (but didn't like relying on those) so now I have added a fiber supplement to my daily regimen of supplements. Still not going daily, but usually every other day. Adding back starches has thrown me for a loop again, and with the stomach bug this week I resorted to taking an immodium anti-diarrhea so I know I'll be in trouble getting regular again. I keep meaning to look at the activia type yogurt to see their carb counts, or some of the fiber one products (which my mom swears by!) but that won't help those of you in acute.

You are definitely not alone, I remember this topic being discussed a few times before!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Keri - I had to take the Imodium AD 2 weeks ago when I had the stomach virus and of course I'm in trouble. When I was off Medi over the summer, I had the Activia and it didn't do anything for me. I don't know what to do but I need to find an alternative. My friend is a nutritionist and tells me that when you are not regular, people can carry up to 3lbs in 1 day!

Christine - I'm with you, I don't plan on buying them again
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

OK......here's the "scoop on poop" I spent my last few years working for a group of gastroenterologists (I ran the recovery room) anyway the problems with bowels are ususally a few things
#1 is that people don't drink enough....so IF you drink all you're supposed to on Medi that probably isn't your problem.
#2 you've TRAINED yourself NOT to listen to your body.....this is a problem mainly with girls...not wanting to "go" using a public restroom, or not wanting a friend to "know" that they went.....so from a very young age you trained yourself to ignore the urge unless you were in your PERFECT spot (IE your bathroom at home) You CAN untrain yourself, by going into the bathroom any time you feel even a twinge, no matter WHERE you are
#3 you're not eating enough (fiber, protein, fat, carbs.....one or all) to have a BM everyday.....we'll ignore your past problems, so for now remember you are eating only a TINY amount of food compared to what you used to eat, so you can't expect to have much waste (poop) and may (probably) not go every day or even more
#4 people are obsessed with "going" (actually it's more men than women on this one). So BM's are a multimillion dollar business. READ the ingredients listed on anything from MOM (milk of magnesia) to Miralax to a big time colon prep (used prior to a colonoscopy) They all contain MAGNESIUM Read online about magnesium. The main side effect of magnesium is DIARRHEA (the same thing is true for Vitamin C) I take both daily.

So the easiest/cheapest thing to do IF you are already drinking all your water....is to buy magnesium, and start taking it! Even tho your multi vit probably has some in it. I only have to take about 150mg a day (up until Medi I never had a problem....even when I was pregnant) DH takes 400mg/day, and I have a friend who takes 1200mg. You'll KNOW when you are up to your limit.....you'll have "loose stools". You can play around with doses and brands to see which works best for you.

The main source of magnesium in our diets is from LOTS of fruits and veggies.....When we were heavy we didn't eat LOTS of fruits and veggies, and now that we're on medi we STILL don't! The Docs that I used to work for had me doing a ton of patient teaching.....I talked a lot about drinking water, and about taking magnesium!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 01-26-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I forgot....Fiber is VERY important (fruits and veggies). You might ask your clinic about taking a fiber product like fiber con pills or the chewable sugar free ones (I can't remember the name, but they're tasty) Be careful though many fiber products cause a lot of GAS :blush:

You might want to try something like a little (maybe a teaspoon) coconut oil in your coffee or other hot food.

Activia or any yogurt that has live cultures in it is good, but it may not be enough if your "good" bacteria has been killed off by antibiotics. You may need one of the more powerful probiotics.....(even more than acidophilus) something that has billions of the bacteria for like a week then back off to a lower dose. Your healtfood store or an online search could help you
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaggieMayhem
Stats: 169.5/157/140 (5'4)
Start Date: 1/17/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Oh I forgot....Fiber is VERY important (fruits and veggies). You might ask your clinic about taking a fiber product like fiber con pills or the chewable sugar free ones (I can't remember the name, but they're tasty) Be careful though many fiber products cause a lot of GAS :blush:

You might want to try something like a little (maybe a teaspoon) coconut oil in your coffee or other hot food.

Activia or any yogurt that has live cultures in it is good, but it may not be enough if your "good" bacteria has been killed off by antibiotics. You may need one of the more powerful probiotics.....(even more than acidophilus) something that has billions of the bacteria for like a week then back off to a lower dose. Your healtfood store or an online search could help you
Mary T8M - Thanks for all of the "scoop"! I will have to try some of your suggestions. Actually started to take the Magnesium yesterday so hoping that kicks in soon.

Christine
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post

I actually have been taking Regulax from Sprouts. It's a dark glass jar with a rasberry colored label. You get so much more for so much cheaper! It's probably a quarter the cost, and I think it works better. This was a reccomendation from another person at my clinic so I'm not sure who started using it - but I've used it since the first bottle of colan clense ran out. I highly reccomend it!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

STILL not in a very social mood.......I did my long walk yesterday with my IPod and that DID help....then DH and I went to my FAVORITE thrift store (about an hour away) I must have been in a better mood at that point because I didn't feel like "slapping" people in there like I do on other days......some people have no concept of manners I bought 3 cute sun dresses that I will hopefully wear when we take a cruise! This place doesn't have a dressing room, so I didn't try anything on......and they ALL fit!

Today DH is out of town, and my mood is back to BAD......I was able to walk alone with my IPod again today, but since I've gotten home my sister-in-law (who is still living with us) is driving me nuts.....granted it's a short trip . Guess I'll go hide in my bedroom and clean out drawers or something.

Thanks for being here so I have a place to whine
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Mary- I hope that your mood gets better. And thanks for the "scoop". I actually got on here this morning for this very reason. I thought it was just me because I had issues before Medi. I like someone else mentioned above did okay the first week. But, starting week 3 I am messed up and little friends have decided to join me. (sorry, if TMI). I think I will try the Magnesium. Since, you worked for gastro doctors. I would like to ask you something. My bloodwork came back and the liver enzymes were about 4 times more than they were in November when I had a physical done. My doctor at clinic ( who also happens to be my GYN) is concerned and sending me to gasto doctor. He says it could be fatty liver. But, since my bloodwork was normal in Nov. and jumped now. He wants to make sure. I had been on the program a week when they did my blood because they couldn't get my blood the first day. I had also taken Tylenol 2 every 4 hours a week before the blood work. The second day of the program due to caffeine headache. I know that you can't give a definite answer. I was just wondering if you had any ideas. I am just trying to get a little piece of mind and not worry for the next week. It has already been a week and I am worried something major might be wrong. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Mary - First off, thank you for the info! I have always been irregular,but I'm sure the fatty foods I ate helped to move things along. I know I drink plenty of fluids, so that's not the issue. However, I will buy magnesium tomorrow and give that a try! Right now I do take the chewable fiber supplements, and your warning about gas was right on!
The magnesium - if I start off doing say 150 mg/day.....how many days would you stay at that before increasing if you needed to? (And I have to tell you, I laughed out loud, literally, at your comment about hiding in your room and cleaning drawers....too much! Come whine to us anytime!)

Normally I would go buy magnesium today....but with the new foot of snow we got last
night I am home with both girls today! This snow and winter has gotten old really really
fast!

We are going to look at a house for sale tomorrow night - DH and I decided it's finally time to get our house on the market and start working on finding a new, bigger house. A 2 bedroom worked great for us when we bought it, but with 2 kids and all of their stuff ( and we keep toying with the idea of trying for a 3rd) we definitely need to upsize. Let's hope this doesn't get too stressful!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Mary - thank you for all the information. I will go out later tonight and get the magnesium.
Hope your mood changes

Paulyesthers
I will try it and let you know how it works for me!

Ferrarimomof3 - I had the same issue with my blood work and a possibly 'fatty liver' last year. My doctor had me redo the blood work at a different location a week later but fasting. The results were normal but just to make sure he had me do another set of blood work a month later.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliciahmartin
Stats: 201/185/130
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: January 2010
Has anyone had issues with being cold all the time? I've never been very cold natured but as of this week I can not stay warm. This very moment I am sitting at my work desk with a blanket and my hands feel like ice cubes. I read online that it could be my body responding to eating less. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
Start Date: 7/27/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
OK......here's the "scoop on poop" I spent my last few years working for a group of gastroenterologists (I ran the recovery room) anyway the problems with bowels are ususally a few things
#4 people are obsessed with "going" (actually it's more men than women on this one). So BM's are a multimillion dollar business. READ the ingredients listed on anything from MOM (milk of magnesia) to Miralax to a big time colon prep (used prior to a colonoscopy) They all contain MAGNESIUM Read online about magnesium. The main side effect of magnesium is DIARRHEA (the same thing is true for Vitamin C) I take both daily.

So the easiest/cheapest thing to do IF you are already drinking all your water....is to buy magnesium, and start taking it! Even tho your multi vit probably has some in it. I only have to take about 150mg a day (up until Medi I never had a problem....even when I was pregnant) DH takes 400mg/day, and I have a friend who takes 1200mg. You'll KNOW when you are up to your limit.....you'll have "loose stools". You can play around with doses and brands to see which works best for you.

The main source of magnesium in our diets is from LOTS of fruits and veggies.....When we were heavy we didn't eat LOTS of fruits and veggies, and now that we're on medi we STILL don't! The Docs that I used to work for had me doing a ton of patient teaching.....I talked a lot about drinking water, and about taking magnesium!
Pardon the pun, but HOLY CR@P! You just shed some huge light on this for me!!!!

I'd been having some leg cramps and thought maybe I was mineral deficient...I really hadn't made an effort to drink my Powerade or get my minerals in. Meantime, I was out of the Calcium from Medi. So I saw the NOW Calcium and Magnesium with Vitamin D (I was very vitamin D deficient at my last physical and was taking a D gummy every night), and started taking those.......and I have never been so regular. In a good way! Wow, now I know why.

Thank you!!!

And yes, to the poster above me, I'm cold all the time too. But I'm cold natured generally, so you really can't go by me....
Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Aliciahmartin- Yes, I am cold all the time. I have always been a very hot natured person. However, now I am cold all the time. I can't seem to stay warm. I was actually going to ask the same question earlier today. Does anyone know why??
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

OK lets see.....YES I'm FREEZING (and I live in Florida!) Today when I saw the "Snow birds" out walking they were ALL wearing shorts......I wore long jeans, and started out in layers of a short sleeved shirt, and fleece jacket! I was able to take off the jacket about 1/4 of the way through, but as soon as I got home I showered then put on 2 long sleeved shirts, with jeans! I'm wearing socks AND wool clogs....my fingers are cold right now!

Keri I'd start with a higher amount of magnesium maybe try 150mg 3 times a day (at meals) you should see results by the next day or two

Ferrari, depending on your age, and insurance, I'd say go to the GI Dr. IF you have good insurance. BUT don't get too nervous. It is usually associated with #1 people who drink alcohol heavily (only you know) #2 overweight people (DUH) #3 people with insulin resistance. Medi is a GREAT way to deal with #2, & #3! I think your Medi Dr is just Covering Her/His A**. I have seen more specialized Docs (like OB/GYN) not wanting to "step on toes" of Docs in other areas of practice so they refer A LOT! IF you know people who work in your hospital or IF you really trust your Medi Doc. Ask who they themselves would go to for the consult. I myself have had bad experiences with referrals, only to find out the dr is terrible, but is MY doc's tennis partner or something A good GI dr will hopefully order more tests once you say the one in Nov. was normal, and you'd been taking Tylenol. Especially if you're 40ish I'd see the Doc, those visits need to be done between 40 - 50
IF you don't have good insurance ask the Medi Dr about redoing the test FIRST....We don't have insurance right now but DH's Dr. told us about a place that one day a week does ALL tests for $10 each. It was great! The bigger GI test (more than a blood draw) they would do is a biopsy but I think they would do it while doing an EGD (it's REAL easy). BTW how was your magnesium?? Low I'll bet. They may have you start taking MAGNESIUM....and LOSE WEIGHT!

Keri, keep warm! I sure don't envy your snow! I WILL envy the temps in RI come July!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 01-27-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

I had my first appointment and weigh-in today. Lots to think about and go over. I'm excited, nervous and just about everything else you can think of. lol

Blessings,
Lisa
Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
Start Date: January 14,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciahmartin View Post
Has anyone had issues with being cold all the time? I've never been very cold natured but as of this week I can not stay warm. This very moment I am sitting at my work desk with a blanket and my hands feel like ice cubes. I read online that it could be my body responding to eating less. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
I have!! I am cold natured anyway, but it has gotten worse! In the afternoon the ladies in the office turn on the A/C and I am sitting at my desk with a thick coat on my legs and I carry my fuzzy socks to work and have to put them on. I am taking a heater I am very tempted to take my electric throw that I use at home all of the time! How can I wear a bikini this summer when I lose this weight if I'm in a jogging suit?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
Start Date: January 14,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAinTN View Post
I had my first appointment and weigh-in today. Lots to think about and go over. I'm excited, nervous and just about everything else you can think of. lol

Blessings,
Lisa
Good Luck Lisa!

You have made your first step on a new journey! Hang in there! We are all there beside you! And if you have a question there are alot that are more than willing to help you out! And yes there is alot of material to go over, I remember reading, and trying to grasp all of it. It will all fall into place as the pounds fall off!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I've read that being cold is a symptom of being in ketosis. Nearly 4 years ago, I lost a lot of weight with an eating plan similar to medi. I have ALWAYS suffered from being too hot. I sweat all the time, but while on that plan 4 years ago, I was always cold. Actually, it was a welcome change for me and hubby was glad because otherwise, I always have the heat turned waaaay down or the airconditioner turned waaaay up. lol
Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyhooch View Post
Good Luck Lisa!

You have made your first step on a new journey! Hang in there! We are all there beside you! And if you have a question there are alot that are more than willing to help you out! And yes there is alot of material to go over, I remember reading, and trying to grasp all of it. It will all fall into place as the pounds fall off!
Thank you Michelle! I appreciate the kind words and encouragement.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
1-23-11 ~ 152.2 lbs on home scale
1-27-11 ~ 149.3 lbs on home scale
1-27-11 ~ 148 on MWL scale They said that my weight goal had been 135-145 lbs previously and that I'm just a little over. That feels less harsh than saying I'm 11 lbs overgoal! But seriously, I know I could get to 130, I just know I'd have a very difficult time keeping my weight there. So, I'm more interested now in getting and staying closer to goal at 135-139 lbs!! This WOE is working.
Today's waistline also 30"
BMI creeped back out of the normal range and is now 25.4

Treatment will be to EXERCISE regularly. Hello!

Listen to this about my lab results!!

When I started MWL my triglycerides were 173 - I was then started on Metformin
Later when tested my triglycerides had dropped to 104
And the latest results my triglycerides are 68 (HORRAY!!!!) Normal is 0 - 149

When I started MWL my glucose (nonfasting) was 139 - Then started Metformin
Later when tested my glucose had dropped to 86
My latest results (fasting) glucose was 82 (And after MWL success!)

Most recent thyroid studies also within perfect limits

Mary - Interesting that your clinic did magnesium and Vit D levels (or someone here had that done)...mine didn't. Calcium was just fine.

Just wanted to share this so all of you that are new will know that you WILL see results, and will make a big difference in your health!!

Having this forum is so wonderful to stay accountable, receive encouragement, and encourage others.

Tomorrow is supposed to finally be getting warmer (for a day or two)...and I plan to jog if I get off work soon enough to still see the sunlight!! Horray!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-27-2011 at 07:21 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Keri - Your calorie range is 1800....mine is 1200 to 1300, as my final lifelong range per MWL in order to maintain. My problem? I still try to sometimes eat like I've never heard of how to limit carbs! (Eating like a true (truly fat, pre-diabetic) American! The lab numbers above show me where that kind of eating got me...Insulin resistant and high cholestrol/triglycerides. But eating correctly, the MWL way, saves me from self-destruction
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Keri - Your calorie range is 1800....mine is 1200 to 1300, as my final lifelong range per MWL in order to maintain. My problem? I still try to sometimes eat like I've never heard of how to limit carbs! (Eating like a true (truly fat, pre-diabetic) American! The lab numbers above show me where that kind of eating got me...Insulin resistant and high cholestrol/triglycerides. But eating correctly, the MWL way, saves me from self-destruction
Are you still taking metformin? Your labs are great DH had labs done a couple months ago, and had similar results. He was on Actos for his insulin resistance, but is totally off now, as well as being taken off of a couple of BP meds. His doctor had INSISTED on seeing DH every 3 months....he even said that IF he could, he would have seen DH EVERY month, but now he's told DH that he doesn't have to be seen for a whole year!!!

Our clinic didn't do ANY labs after the initial ones, even though I've lost 75 pounds and DH has lost around 90. The Docs I used to work for are the ones saying for patients with fatty liver, or constipation problems to take more magnesium. I've read a couple of things about magnesium, potassium, and Vit D3 deficiencies being connected to many problems that a lot of people (mainly women it seems) face and are being convinced that either it's "all in their heads" or that it's "normal" and they just need to adjust or face it......hog wash
Can you tell my mood has not improved all that much???? S-I-L (she is not actually related to either Bill or me.....she was married to my brother who has passed away) is going to Orlando tomorrow for the whole weekend. I'm POSITIVE I'll be in a better mood very soon!

Not Giselle, have you had your D checked again since starting your calcium, D, and magnesium? I looked on Netrition and it looks like you're getting only a TINY amount of D3......do a little research on the internet about D3 and you may want to supplement it even more. I'm taking about 6000 IU/day. One thing I read said that most medical people actually do the wrong blood test and get a false number saying the patients level is OK (I don't recall which one is the correct one) but if the one you had done is saying you're deficient.....you REALLY must be. I'd ask that DR how much D3 you should be taking....OR The studies are showing now that you really can't take too much, so you could increase your D3 on your own. There are even home tests for D deficiencies.

Lisa it's interesting that you said about being cold in ketosis....I read something about a week ago that said the same thing..THANKS for reminding me, I wanted to look into it a little more!
Closed Thread