Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Hi Everyone,

I am on Week 8 and I seem to be struggling. Last week I did not lose any weight. I am still in Ketosis and have always been. Today I seemed to be so hungry. My weigh in is tomorrow morning. I am exercising. It just seems like I am eating more because 500 calories of protein seems to not cut it. PLEASE does anyone have any advice? I am starting to get discouraged. I have lost 18.5 pounds so far but have a long way to go. I missed my extra shot this week. Maybe that has something to do with it. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Cindy - Wow! What a difference in your before and after. Congratulations on such an incredible transition!

I am COLD, too. I know with me the problem is amplified by my thyroid issues. I'm sitting with a shirt, two sweatshirts, sweat pants and two pairs of socks. I'm also drinking tea to help. Our thermostat is at 70 degrees and my husband is in shorts. I have no idea how I'm going to make it when I go home to Maine in a few weeks to visit my family. I'm going to need to bring a lot of layers with me.

I ordered some Netrition items this week. More Big Train low carb hot cocoa - I mix a half scoop in my coffee to make a mocha. I also got some protein shots to take to the gym for after workouts. I'm trying a couple of new "snack" items - Ostrim (ostrich jerky) and a cheese "cracker". I ordered some Fuzzy Navel Syntrax Nectar for the first time. I drink a lot of protein shakes and I'm craving some variety.

I really need to work on incorporating some more family friendly low carb meals. I'm still cooking multiple meals most nights and it's wearing on me.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2

Last edited by kelly4me; 01-13-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clergywife View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am on Week 8 and I seem to be struggling. Last week I did not lose any weight. I am still in Ketosis and have always been. Today I seemed to be so hungry. My weigh in is tomorrow morning. I am exercising. It just seems like I am eating more because 500 calories of protein seems to not cut it. PLEASE does anyone have any advice? I am starting to get discouraged. I have lost 18.5 pounds so far but have a long way to go. I missed my extra shot this week. Maybe that has something to do with it. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Hey,
I'll jump in with MY opinion (and you know what they say about opinions everybody has one!.....that's the clean version) anyway I would guess that your body is "catching up"! You've lost a bunch, in a short time, and your body isn't sure what's going on, so it's making you feel hungry to get you to eat! It may also be near your TOM, or that you're ovulating.....hormones do that too. Don't get discouraged, but be sure to talk to your clinic tomorrow. They can't advise you if they don't know your concerns. The same thing happened to me, and the next weigh-in I dropped 4 or 5 pounds. Hang in there and keep popping into this board!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Cindy - Wow! What a difference in your before and after. Congratulations on such an incredible transition!

I am COLD, too. I know with my the problem is amplified by my thyroid issues. I'm sitting with a shirt, two sweatshirts, sweat pants and two pairs of socks. I'm also drinking tea to help. Our thermostat is at 70 degrees and my husband is in shorts. I have no idea how I'm going to make it when I go home to Maine in a few weeks to visit my family. I'm going to need to bring a lot of layers with me.

I ordered some Netrition items this week. More Big Train low carb hot cocoa - I mix a half scoop in my coffee to make a mocha. I also got some protein shots to take to the gym for after workouts. I'm trying a couple of new "snack" items - Ostrim (ostrich jerky) and a cheese "cracker". I ordered some Fuzzy Navel Syntrax Nectar for the first time. I drink a lot of protein shakes and I'm craving some variety.

I really need to work on incorporating some more family friendly low carb meals. I'm still cooking multiple meals most nights and it's wearing on me.
I used Fuzzy Navel for a long time.....I mixed it with diet 7-up, or the peach flavor of Walmarts flavored waters. I also mixed it with almond milk (unflavored) and added a little peach SF jello. I'm waiting for my Syntrax Vanilla Bean to arrive....I'm totally out of protein powder right now
Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dani1428
Calories? Confusion...

I'm thinking of joining MWL, but I'm a bit concerned about the program. Medi recommends 500 cal of protein and then 2 servings of veg or 1 serving of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit. At then end of the day, a person on Medi would be eating 700-800 total calories.

Every fitness book or magazine recommends that women should eat a minimum of 1,200 calories to stay healthy.

So how is MWL healthy? Aren't you basically starving yourself?

Also, how does exercise then factor in? What happens if I burn 400 calories doing an hour on the elliptical? Do I need to make up for those calories I just burned? If not, then I'm basically only eating 300-400 calories a day.

Please help! I'm confused....
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Clergywife - I went through what you're going through about 9 weeks in. I was so ready to be done at that point. If you're hungry, add more protein calories and make sure that you're getting enough water. The best thing that I can tell you is to push through - it will be worth it. It definitely helps if you add some variety - new recipes, different flavors, etc. I started picking up diabetic magazines and looking at their websites. I'm not diabetic, but they tend to have lots of low carb recipes to choose from.

Good luck!

Last edited by kelly4me; 01-13-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani1428 View Post
I'm thinking of joining MWL, but I'm a bit concerned about the program. Medi recommends 500 cal of protein and then 2 servings of veg or 1 serving of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit. At then end of the day, a person on Medi would be eating 700-800 total calories.

Every fitness book or magazine recommends that women should eat a minimum of 1,200 calories to stay healthy.

So how is MWL healthy? Aren't you basically starving yourself?

Also, how does exercise then factor in? What happens if I burn 400 calories doing an hour on the elliptical? Do I need to make up for those calories I just burned? If not, then I'm basically only eating 300-400 calories a day.

Please help! I'm confused....
Dani - a big piece of what you're missing here is the supplements that we're on with Medi. They make sure that you're getting the nutrients that you need since your calories are low. I know that the program seems extreme. My first reaction to it was not positive at all. I do know that less than five months later, I'm healthier than I've been in 20 years. I feel better, I look better and all of my blood work is far better than it's ever been.

As far as the exercise piece of the equation, your clinic will tailor your calorie intake based on your individual needs. 500 protein is a base, but it varies person to person based on activity level. I was given a calorie range, and I feel better at the higher end of my range.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Mary, thanks for the tip! I just assumed it was fine since I just moved in... It changing the batteries doesn't work the next step involves a hammer..

Kelly, I pick up the diabetic magazine too! they are great. I actually picked up a diabetic cookbook off of the clearance rack at B&N for $2.99. Lots of good ideas and others that can easily be altered to be Medi friendly

Tonight a girlfriend of mine and I did a 60 minute workout video (Bob Harper Inside out method). It was rough! but felt good when we are done. I may not be saying this tomorrow when I can't move.... The next time I will do it, it will be easier. I want to try to get my running endurance back up as well as get some toning in so there is definition under the skin once the fat is gone :-)
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
clergywife - You may be having a stall. Make sure you are drinking all your water first. Next, sometimes they say adding in extra calories for a few days and then going back to week 1 will break the stall. Keep checking back, becuase I know a few people on this board have had the same issue and were able to break it - most of the time this way. Don't forget your clinic is here for these questions too! I email my clinic anytime I need them - I figure that is a big bulk of what I'm paying for is the support! Good luck!

dani1428 - I understand where you are coming from. My mother in law is a diatician. Of course her PHD means she knows everything about nutrition (LOL). She also didn't understand the program, but has started changing her mind after seeing my success with Medi when I've struggled with her version of "the right way." All I can tell you is I've been on the program less than 3 months - lost nearly 50 lbs, feel and look great! I'm burning pure fat - and while you can't do that forever - you can do it with supervision and supplements. Keep in mind, you are eating no sugar, no gluten, and mostly pure protein - so you have eliminated all empty calories. I wouldn't reccomend doing this program without the clinic! The injections help me SO much with energy! I've ALWAYS done a double injection twice a week and my blood sugar stays stedier than it's ever been. Go talk to the clinic! We all are having fantastic successes, but the clinic will sit down with you and explain the program and what Ketosis actually it.

Good luck to all! Happy Friday!

I've not gone online to buy products, but I think i'm about to go check out the site. What thread do you guys suggest for product suggestions? There seems to be so many!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Weigh-in this morning and I gained +3.8 lbs I'm not as upset as I was last night when I arrived home from the hospital. My fat % and mass are down -3.5 lbs however my water is up +6lbs! No surprise after what my body went through and IV fluids for 3 days. Very happy my fat went down.

It was back to the drawing board today, had a great day eating my 500 calories and drinking all 128 oz of water! I'm off to bed early, praying I wake up with more energy tomorrow to make it to the gym

Thank you very much Deb! Yes it could have been worse and there's always next time

Love this site, EVERYONE is so nice, helpful, supportive and a little tough when I need it. THANK YOU!!
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 01-14-2011 at 04:53 PM..
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Thank you all so much for your support! You have no idea what it means to me. I will drink more water. I went to my clinic and told them I didn't write anything down because I know I went over 500 calories of protein. I was so hungry. Well, I ended up losing 3 pounds! This is so strange. I don't understand how this works at all but I am thrilled at the loss and hanging in. This week I will focus on water. It is so cold here. I moved from Florida to RI 3 years ago and gained 60 lbs. I can't get used to the cold and snow and it makes it more difficult to get the water in.

Thanks again for the advice and support.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you all so much for your support! You have no idea what it means to me. I will drink more water. I went to my clinic and told them I didn't write anything down because I know I went over 500 calories of protein. I was so hungry. Well, I ended up losing 3 pounds! This is so strange. I don't understand how this works at all but I am thrilled at the loss and hanging in. This week I will focus on water. It is so cold here. I moved from Florida to RI 3 years ago and gained 60 lbs. I can't get used to the cold and snow and it makes it more difficult to get the water in.

Thanks again for the advice and support.
SO happy for you! Be sure to make yourself accountable and write everything down....good or bad. It will help the clinic if/when you get stuck again, if they can see what you've had to eat and drink!

I'm IN Florida and am freezing......all I can say is I get all of my water in by following a 22 oz glass of water (NOT ice cold) with a 16 oz cup of HOT TEA (I'm really into Chai these days, but any hot tea is good)
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

So its been a rough weekend... they always are. Oh well.

Anyways, as of this weekend it has been 2 months since I started Medi. So, I have added a new progress picture. I am still not THAT happy about being in pictures... but I am tolerating it now. The one I added is really dorky... I was doing a photo scavenger hunt with some friends this morning and one of the items on the list the was "Still life meets real life". So that is why I am posing with a mannequin (not something I do on a regular basis :-) )

(before pic is in my album)

30 days (and hopefully 10-15 lbs) until the next picture!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Charlie - the picture is really cute and you will be very happy that you've documented your progress and can see how far you've come. I didn't do that - I'm still hiding from the camera, which is pretty silly. I do regret it. I still haven't seen my Medi pictures, either!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I have always shied from the camera too. But I have to admit my medi pictures were pretty shocking. I always went in to the clinic on my way to one of my workout classes so I had on my workout gear. Still I am looking good (or at least better).
Now if I can just get rid of my flabby skin around my stomach. Remember that Special K ad about 'pinching a inch"? I can still pinch a handful now matter what I do. I'm afraid a tummy tuck is going to be the only answer and that is something I neither want or can afford.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Charlie - What a nice smile! You look great! I took my camera with me to MWL appts about every 2 months and asked the counselor to take photos of me from behind and sideways in black bra and jeans just so I could literally see the inches change. I knew I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it!! That really helped me, especially since it was 35 mm film and took a while to have a roll filled then to have developed. It kept me motivated! Then I kept them in my calendar in my purse. Well, with the change to 2011, I hadn't moved my photos to the new calendar until last PM....and I can tell you that I know I'm up a few inches since I'm up some lbs....now needing to get back to goal. It helps to see where it all goes when it came back on. I just look at photos from June and see that is about where I've backslid to. So, got on the tread mill this AM then had a protein shake. Need to go plan out lunch for taking it to work now!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

" Keep surging forward even when struggle pushes you back for every trial is like a wind; it will try to push you back or make you quit. You have to stay strong for struggles don’t last; they come strongly and pass swiftly and only the ones who hold onto their grounds strongly and fight to go forward will emerge victorious."
Kiplimo Chemirmir
Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I bought a pair of Levi's today. They're a size 10 and besides the fact that they really need to be shortened a bit, they fit great. I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I can put on a pair of size 10 jeans and a medium top. I feel like I'm getting away with something by wearing them. It is sort of amusing.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi everyone,

Just checking in. It has been a while. I hope all of you are doing well and losing.

Here is a handout I've been handing out to restarts and week 1 patients at our clinic...

Additional Week 1 Food Ideas

Shrimp cocktail (8-10 shrimp = 100 cal, cocktail sauce = Heinz 1c ketchup + horseradish)
Pancakes* or **French Toast
Corn Dogs (*pancakes with Applegate uncured turkey hot dogs, 40 cal, 0 carbs per hot dog)
Deviled eggs (I use Eggland’s Best hard boiled eggs)
Reduced fat cheese sticks
100 calorie almond packs
Dannon Carb Smart yogurt
Sugar free gelatin
Beef Jerky (read labels for carbs)
Celery with Light Laughing Cow Cheese
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (17 slices for 70 calories)
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni microwave for 60 seconds with light Laughing Cow Cheese
Deli lunchmeats rolled with cheese slice
Dill pickles
Crustless Pizza or Quesadillas***

*Pancakes

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

8 large eggs
A pinch of cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum (opt. for thicker pancakes…can be found with Red Mill specialty flours)
18 packets of Splenda or Truvia
vanilla extract to taste
8 oz of fat free cream cheese - not softened

Separate the eggs into whites and yolks into separate bowls. Add a pinch of cream of tartar and xanthan gum to the whites and whip with mixer until stiff. In yolk bowl add cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetner. Blend with mixer until blended. Using a spatula, gently fold mixture into egg whites, being careful not to break down the whites. Spoon the mixture onto a large jelly pan (mine is 13" by 18")
Bake 25-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown. Let cool, then cut into 16 rectangles. Store in freezer bags in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature outside the bag when ready for use.

Per rectangle / 50 calories/ 2g fat/ 1g carb/ 0g fiber/ 5.5 g protein

**French Toast

Dip *pancakes in eggbeaters (and optionally add vanilla and cinnamon) and fry in teflon pan until golden brown on each side.

***Crustless Pizza or Quesadillas

Melt ˝ cup Sargentos reduced fat mozzarella shredded cheese in Teflon omelet sized pan over medium high heat until cheese melts and edges start to brown. Take off heat and let to set for about 3 minutes until cheese sets up. For pizza add 1 T tomato sauce and turkey pepperoni or turkey sausage and fold for a calzone style pizza. For quesadilla add a small amount of salsa, sour cream, and chicken strips and fold over.

This “cheese wrap” can also be used for tacos, scrambled eggs, … whatever you would like. Also experiment with different types of reduced fat cheeses, i.e. 3 cheese Mexican cheese for the quesadilla or 4 cheese Italian cheese for the pizza.

~200 calories, limit to twice a week

Whatever you do, don't ever stop trying!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Kelly and Deb - Thanks!! (and congrats on the size 10's! I have a pile of those.. right behind the pile of size 12's I have to get through first)

So today I was supposed to drive to Tampa to go to Busch Gardens, but ended up taking a raincheck because of, well, the rain. I ended up being in the apartment all which is always difficult, but I managed to do alright and not "graze" in the pantry and kitchen all day.

Then, about 6:30pm I was outside walking the dog and I saw the UPS truck pulling through the gate to my apartment complex. And at the same time I remembered that I had a Netrition order coming any day now. So I ran upstairs with the dog and waited for him to knock at the door. It was better than Christmas I swear!

Once I got my package I realized I didn't have any sour cream (needed in one of the mixes) so I actually changed out of my pj's (yes, I was in pj's at 6:30... I changed into them after the gym) and went to Publix to get some sour cream.

I made the Dixie Diner Carbcounter's Banana nut bread (73 calories and 3 carb per serving) that I had ordered. I was nervous about it, but the consensus is...LOVE IT! I have been dying to have something more bread like for a while and this is perfect. My only beef with it is that I used a slightly bigger bread pan than it called for, so when I went to cut it into 16 servings, the slices got thin and my cheapo knives weren't cutting it (literally). I put half of it in the freezer for later, and the other half in the fridge to use over the next week or so.

I am looking forward to using my new purchases to spice up my diet a bit and keep me motivated. As I use them, I will pass my judgment on the individual products that I bought :-)

On another note... tomorrow would be my normal weigh in day. However, now I have started going everyother week and this week is a off week. I will weight myself tomorrow morning to try to gauge my weekly progress. I am a little concerned because I have significantly stepped up my exercise over the past week and a half. I don't know what effect this will have (though I have been steadily increasing my endurance on the treadmill :-) )

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 01-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: I spell like a moron sometimes...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
I don't know what I would do without this post. I have been struggling with complience with the diet and you guys are always so inspirational. I am going to WI on Wednesday even though I am pretty sure I gained this week. Maybe it will be the wake up call I need to get back on track and get this last 8-10 lbs. off and get to goal.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Susie,
Thank you for the recipes, I really need to spice up my meal options! It's so good to hear from you

Kelly,
Congrats on the size 10! I'm down to a size 12 from a 20 and it feels great!!!

Charlie,
Please do let us know what you think about the products. After reading your posts I'm thinking of placing an order too.
Also have you tried the C25K program to increase your endurance on the treadmill? When I first started to 'jog' I was barely able to complete a minute at a 2 speed pace (pathetic) but since using this app (I have the droid phone app) I'm now running for an hour at a 5 speed. I plan to start adding incline in the next few weeks and once the weather gets better hitting the track since there's a huge difference between running on the treadmill and running outside!

ericak44,
Hang in there and start anew after your weigh in on Wednesday. Yes some days are tougher than other but you have to remember why you are doing this and how much you want it.

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 01-18-2011 at 06:30 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Susie,
Thank you for the recipes, I really need to spice up my meal options! It's so good to hear from you

Kelly,
Congrats on the size 10! I'm down to a size 12 from a 20 and it feels great!!!

Charlie,
Please do let us know what you think about the products. After reading your posts I'm thinking of placing an order too.
Also have you tried the C25K program to increase your endurance on the treadmill? When I first started to 'jog' I was barely able to complete a minute at a 2 speed pace (pathetic) but since using this app (I have the droid phone app) I'm now running for an hour at a 5 speed. I plan to start adding incline in the next few weeks and once the weather gets better hitting the track since there's a huge difference between running on the treadmill and running outside!

ericak44,
Hang in there and start anew after your weigh in on Wednesday. Yes some days are tougher than other but you have to remember why you are doing this and how much you want it.

Definitely will let you know :-) I will probably make the cinnamon caramel pull apart bread next week or so. And I am sure I will use some of the Walden farms stuff this week to try them out.

I have not heard of the app... I have Palm Pixie so I dont' know if it is available or not. But I might look into at least following whatever process is calls for. How long did it take you to increase your endurance? I have been trying intervals for now, but I don't know how effective they are.

Side note... not taking AS today due to dentist appointment. First time not taking them in 2 months. This will be interesting, one way or another :-)
Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Charlie
I'm not sure if they have an app for the palm, here's the link Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program I think it took me about 4 months. Started walking at a pace of 1.5 for 2 weeks (I was a slow walker), then increased to 2 speed jogging for 30 seconds then after 2 weeks increased the speed to 2.5 jogging for 1 minute, 2 weeks later increased to 2.5 jogging for 90 seconds, etc. Every other week I increased my speed and the amount of time I jogged. It helped that I was also going to the gym 5 to 6 times a week and as I lost weight it made it easier.

Now you got me thinking about the AS for the dentist appointment. I took mine when I went to the dentist 2 weeks ago. I usually take 1 in the morning and then 2 at 3:30. I don't need it around lunch time but need all the help in the evening.
So why didn't you take it? Fear it will cause a reaction?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

thanks! I think I may just print out the regiment for the C25k and go from there. I have been running somewhat, so I think I won't start at the beginning. Yesterday I did 1 minute intervals for about 30 minutes (running/walking) but I get scared when I starting "signing" up to longer running periods. I think a definite plan will help.

The clinic told me not to take the AS or the fat burner before the appointment if there were doing work where they might be cutting gums or getting to nerves or something. I think they were worried about bleeding? I am not sure.. The reaction is also a concern. My mom is allergic to the normal stuff they use to numb you. and I think I may be to an extent. It always makes my heart race and I have to focus to calm myself.

However, today the point is now moot.. The dentist called and rescheduled. So I will worry about not taking the AS again in a couple of weeks. Right after they called I took both the AS and fatburner, lol. I really only missed my morning dose now. :-) I was doing ok, i was only mildly hungry at lunchtime. but afternoons and evenings are rough for me too.

Last edited by GatorEng2007; 01-18-2011 at 08:57 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Just scheduled a date tonight... with my boyfriend's mom who is in town (he is out of town on business travel).

She knows I am on the diet and told me to pick the restaurant... Any good suggestions where I can easily pick something to eat? I have done Olive garden before, and gotten broccoli instead of pasta.. but I wasn't really sure what was in the sauce...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Charlie

When I was in acute and even now....I'm the high maintenance person when we go out to restaurants.

Ask for what you want such as a grilled chicken breast and veggies, specify NO sauce. Every place I go to...Bob Evans,Cracker Barrel,Hops, etc are always willing to please!!!!!

They know people have special needs as far as diet goes.....I tell them proudly how much weight I've lost and tell them I don't want to gain it back!!

My hubby,my in-laws,my folks etc all know that I ask for different stuff other than what's on the menu....no-one even bats an eye

cindy
Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Week 3 weigh in

I had my third week weigh in today and I almost cried. I guess I just want this so badly and today the scale just didn't work in my favor. For some reason my body is determine to fight against me. My daughter and husband tried to give me words of encouragement but it didn't help I still feel like once again I'm not going to lose this weight.

How do you guys stay motivated? It's too soon to be at a stall. The clinic suggested to only eat protein and veggies this week and no nuts. I'm going to do that and hopefully that'll help me get back on track.

Thanks for any suggestions....

down .02
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Clergywife - another thing that had been recommended to me during a "stall" was to basically change up the number of calories day to day for a week. One day be very strict at 500 calories, the next 750 protein calories, then to 600, then back up and down for a week. It worked for me, and I believe Mary might've tried it too (Susie had suggested it, she's now a counselor at her MWL clinic).

Charlie - beautiful picture, such a great smile! Be very proud of your accomplishments thus far.....and you will be amazed at how much more you want to be in pictures.

Losing in ftm - you said it perfectly, it definitely is still pinch a handful....and the sad thing is, it's just skin....not fat. At least it's easily hidden with the right undergarments!

Cindy - I too alter all foods when I go out to eat....at first I was embarrassed to, now I don't care what anyone thinks. A friend of mine always starts her order with "because of food allergies...." and is convinced that if a restaurant thinks your allergic they take your request much more seriously, but I haven't really had any problems.

Today is my off week from weighing in now....and I was very nervous about getting on the scale this a.m. Because we went away Friday til last night and I didn't really exercise (even though we took the girls skiing - I never even put the skis on, just walked up and down the learning trail with our2 yr old 1,000 times....actually had to run down it by the end of the day the better/faster she got!). DH has been trying to eat healthy and lose weight, so I did really well being away and eating....it was just the no exercise that worried me. But, I was still 165.2 on the scale this morning...so relieved! It is a head thing to adjust to not seeing the scale continue to go down!

More snow/freezing rain today....have I mentioned yet how I can't stand winter???? Counting down the days until our Naples, FL getaway.....you FL folks better be having above-average weather by then! I have new bathing suits I can't wait to wear!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - I am still a little hesitant about it.. I guess it depends on who I am with and how well I was able to study the menu before I left the house :-)

Keri - Thank you!!

I survived dinner quite well I think. We went to macaroni grill. We got the crab meat stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and I had two. And I ordered the scallop and spinach salad (to die for!). I ended up bringing half of the scallops home with me. It could have been worse! The carbs I think were okay, at least from what I could guess from the website, but the calories were probably a little high. There are worse things i could have eaten and I don't think it will knock me out of ketosis. I was not the slightest bit tempted by the bread. :-)
Closed Thread