Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee3
Stats: 250/216/165
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: Nov. 2, 2010
Zumba Info Please!

Hi! I'm not the biggest fan of exercise! So far my exercise consists of: walking, yoga (everyday), Wii Fit Plus aerobics, and Just Dance 2. Just Dance 2 has been really fun and I can do that with my daughter. I'll do that for at least an hour. I just ordered Zumba. I saw a few minutes of an infomercial and it looked pretty fun- although I was tired from just watching!!! Someone at my Medi clinic said a lot of people on the program have the DVDs or take the classes. I have asthma, which I'm hoping will improve once I get rid of this weight. I probably won't be able to do the full hour of Zumba. I did the search bar to see if anyone on LC was using the Zumba DVDs, but I didn't see any thread from our specific group. So I hope I can just start this new thread.

I guess my questions are:
-how long and how often are you doing Zumba?
-did you lose faster when using the DVDs?

Any other information will be helpful!

Thanks,

Lee
Lee3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I love Zumba!! I do 3 -4 classes a week. Even did a 90 min class Thanksgiving morning! I am also going to request the Wii Zumba from Santa this year. My recommendation is to go to Zumba.com and look up classes in your area, you might be as surprised as I was by how many there are. Then start trying them. Like all classes the intensity varies by instructor. I have tried all types and have settled on 2 instructors who are completely different. One is extremely high octane while the other is more concentrated on toning and firming , she even ends her class with a mini yoga session. Hope that helps.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Busymomof3
Stats: 217/209/150
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: 12/1/2010
I had no idea Wii made Zumba!! I have tried it at the Y a few times but I feel silly trying to keep up with all the moves...anyone know if the Wii game is any good?
Busymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I love Zumba!! I do 3 -4 classes a week. Even did a 90 min class Thanksgiving morning! I am also going to request the Wii Zumba from Santa this year. My recommendation is to go to Zumba.com and look up classes in your area, you might be as surprised as I was by how many there are. Then start trying them. Like all classes the intensity varies by instructor. I have tried all types and have settled on 2 instructors who are completely different. One is extremely high octane while the other is more concentrated on toning and firming , she even ends her class with a mini yoga session. Hope that helps.
I don't want to go to a class because I don't really have enough time in my day and more importantly I don't want to make a fool out of myself trying to keep up!!! I ordered the Wii Zumba for my sister for Christmas so I will go over there and do that with her after she gets that gift. It looks really fun! I can't wait for my DVDs to come so I can get started.

Thanks for the info!

Lee
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomof3 View Post
I had no idea Wii made Zumba!! I have tried it at the Y a few times but I feel silly trying to keep up with all the moves...anyone know if the Wii game is any good?
It looks like a lot of fun! I read a lot of reviews and decided to get it for my sister for Christmas. I ordered the DVDs for myself which will come soon.

Lee
Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Zumba DVD Update

I started the Zumba DVDs that I ordered. The first time using it was last Saturday. I started with the step-by-step lesson. It was really easy to follow- even for someone with two left feet!!! They break it down into 3 easy steps so it is really helpful. I'm now doing one of the cardio DVDs that is still pretty easy to follow. They don't break each step down, but they show what you're going to do first and they repeat it so you can follow. I found myself catching on faster on some steps and looking quite silly on others! I had a great time working out and I really felt like I had a great workout each time. The workouts are approximately 50- 60 minutes. There is also a 20 minute DVD that it came with, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Lee
Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Sounds like fun...

Is it a high impact type of workout? I live in an apartment and would only be able to do it at night...thus angering my downstairs neighbors by causing their ceiling to shake....

This always deters me from working out to the wii or dvds
GatorEng2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Sounds like fun...

Is it a high impact type of workout? I live in an apartment and would only be able to do it at night...thus angering my downstairs neighbors by causing their ceiling to shake....

This always deters me from working out to the wii or dvds
Yes, it is pretty high impact. Some of the moves require jumping and a lot of moving around. When I did the workout in the living room it was fine. When I did it in my room, things were shaking!!! Do you have carpeting? That could help with he noise. I have hardwood floors.

Lee