Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*Decidedly Determined December for MWL*.*

Woohoo! We have made it to the end of another year. Some of us have been together for a little over two years now and some of us are to to the program. The major key is commitment, and dedication to your own health. Give yourself permission to give yourself the gift of good health in the new year. You CAN do this! This is, truly, the one that works!

Wishing all of you a season of joy and blessings, with friends and family surrounding you.

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Today marks 2 months of medi for me. WI tomorrow am will determine my overall loss so far. I am not expecting a big one as I have been struggeling. One day I am great and totally in control and the next, well... I am embarassed to admit that I gave in to not one but 2 bit sized Snickers bars. I know that this puts me into food guilt which makes me feel negatively about myself. I need to learn to break this pattern in order to change my lifestyle. I know that it is triggered when I am hope for long periods of time with stressors from grad school and my kids. I think part is physiologic- I have done 3 hard workout days in a row which is more than I usually get to fit in and my calories were a little under yesterday. I felt great when I woke up this morning but may have brought me back to a little bit of the sabotage behavior. I really wish I could get to the bottom of this head game I play with myself!

Melody- I was just asking at my clinic about fiber vs. carbs. vs. net carbs. I know every clinic is a little different but, they told me I can always subtract out fiber from my carbs because they are not absorbed, just bulk forming if you know what department I am talking about. They said to watch sugar alcohols over 4-5gm. If you are having a problem that you need fiber, try it and see if it triggers cravings, etc.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Happy December! BRRRR.... Well, surgery went well today! Christmas week will be my 2 year anniversary of following the Medi-Weightloss plan! WOOT! Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 2010
Thanks erika, my clinic just told me to try some different laxatives instead of fiber. I didn't like that idea.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

WTG, Jerry! You are the best ambassador MWL will EVER have.

Jo
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I weighed in yesterday and stayed the same (155) HOWEVER I'm at my lowest fat %, and lost fat weight, but gained water weight I AM changing size, and that's what I REALLY want to see. I can now comfortably fit into jeans that just last week were too snug to wear! My weightloss has really slowed, but ANY loss is good and I guess I can't complain.........OK well I CAN complain, but won't

This morning I weighed myself and was down 2 (TWO) pounds! My scale weighs me right about the same as I weigh at the center, so that must mean I got rid of those blasted water pounds!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
Happy December!
I love the title of this! I feel very motivated!
I am going to do a week 1 for as long as I can. I feel like it will give me a boost. Yay december!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I had a great walk this morning! DH even had a bit of trouble keeping up with me..... and he's a whole foot taller than I am so has a much longer stride than I do! It was really chilly (for Florida) this morning, so we went a little later, and I like that much better. I did over dress, so will not wear as many layers tomorrow! It was pretty windy too so on the whole 2 miles back we walked into the wind......my hair is a fuzzy mess I just keep telling myself that my thighs are getting tighter with each step, and that my baggy tummy is getting smaller.......come on skin SHRINK!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I've been ICU nurse all day with one of my 17-year old indoor only cats; he has been well until suddenly short of air Tues, grunting resp, hasn't eaten in 3 days and last drank yesterday. He got IV fluids today as I sat with him at the vet office for 6 1/2 hours. Repeat chest xray shows worsening pulmonary interstitial disease compared to Tues evening's chest xray; given a second antibiotic injection and second steroid injection. The plans were to take him in again tomorrow for more IV fluids, I didn't want him to stay there overnight, away from his family and with strange animals, getting stressed and already having trouble breathing. After that is when doc took 2nd xray and saw that lungs looked worse, rather than better from Tues and said it's a bad prognosis. I'll sleep on recliner couch with him tonight. He's alert and sitting up but tired, no energy, and still purrs. Breathing is a little labored. Family upset, but so thankful for God's blessing of having him in our lives, and us in his. Probably deciding to let him go tomorrow. Concerned for how his brother, our other 17-year old cat, will do--two years ago he was diagnosed with onset of kidney disease, but so thankful that diet and drinking lots of water has improved his creatinine. Don't want him to stop eating and drinking if he starts mourning loss and lose him too. For those of you that are animal lovers, especially Charlene, I know you'd want to know and that you'll be praying. I'm also about 7 lbs over goal, having only put on the last 3 lbs in the past 2 wks. Not what I want to do...problem is I stopped exercising 2 - 3 wks ago due to the cold and just hadn't brought it inside instead! It helps to have the accountability here and not just stick my head in the sand!

Last edited by Fit2010; 12-02-2010 at 08:50 PM..
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Happy December! BRRRR.... Well, surgery went well today! Christmas week will be my 2 year anniversary of following the Medi-Weightloss plan! WOOT! Keep up the great work everyone!
Congratulations Jerry! That is a wonderful way to get a fresh start on your new life! Dr P is great!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I've been ICU nurse all day with one of my 17-year old indoor only cats; he has been well until suddenly short of air Tues, grunting resp, hasn't eaten in 3 days and last drank yesterday. He got IV fluids today as I sat with him at the vet office for 6 1/2 hours. Repeat chest xray shows worsening pulmonary interstitial disease compared to Tues evening's chest xray; given a second antibiotic injection and second steroid injection. The plans were to take him in again tomorrow for more IV fluids, I didn't want him to stay there overnight, away from his family and with strange animals, getting stressed and already having trouble breathing. After that is when doc took 2nd xray and saw that lungs looked worse, rather than better from Tues and said it's a bad prognosis. I'll sleep on recliner couch with him tonight. He's alert and sitting up but tired, no energy, and still purrs. Breathing is a little labored. Family upset, but so thankful for God's blessing of having him in our lives, and us in his. Probably deciding to let him go tomorrow. Concerned for how his brother, our other 17-year old cat, will do--two years ago he was diagnosed with onset of kidney disease, but so thankful that diet and drinking lots of water has improved his creatinine. Don't want him to stop eating and drinking if he starts mourning loss and lose him too. For those of you that are animal lovers, especially Charlene, I know you'd want to know and that you'll be praying. I'm also about 7 lbs over goal, having only put on the last 3 lbs in the past 2 wks. Not what I want to do...problem is I stopped exercising 2 - 3 wks ago due to the cold and just hadn't brought it inside instead! It helps to have the accountability here and not just stick my head in the sand!
Deb ~ I haven't written here for awhile, being all wrapped up in my own life. Your note touched me deeply & brought tears. I am one of those animal lovers, and have mourned over the years the loss of very special pets that came into my life. You are so blessed, as are your dear kitties, to have each other in your lives. And you are to be commended for doing everything in your power to make your boy's illness & last little time on Earth more comfortable and peaceful. I don't know how to put the words together, but I'm reaching out to you with warm and caring thoughts, especially if this has to be the day that you let him go. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Ann
Old 12-03-2010, 05:17 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Deb,

I understand how you are feeling, my dogs are family to me. Your cats are lucky to have you.

I am sure you have heard these before, but they actually made me feel a little better the last time I had to say goodbye to a beloved pet.

Pet commandments:

1.My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Please understand that any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Donít be angry with me for long and donít lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I donít understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite or scratch you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iím not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you canít bear to watch. Donít make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Debbie,
I too am an animal lover.......you know I'll hold you, your cats, and family in my heart & prayers today. It's so hard when our furry friends/family members have gotten old and are at the end of their precious lives. I've had to make that hard decision twice in the past year, and it appears we'll have another decision to make before too long. Some how most of the pets in my life are about the same age.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Happy December everyone!

Deb - my heart goes out to you! My three pups are my babies. I've seen my old man get greyer and greyer the past few years. My prayers are with you, your family, and your babies. I wish you the best, and don't forget to celebrate his life and all the smiles he has brought to you. I hope you can find some comfort here.

It's hard not having control over this situation, but this is the time you can take control in your life by getting back to working out. I promise if you start working out you'll feel better and more in control - even in these sad times!

Much love to you!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Deb ~ I am thinking of you and your family at this difficult time as I cuddle up a little closer to my 14 year old tabby, Elvis. We affectionately refer to him as 'old man' now as he is cranky and cantankerous. Our 2.5 year old cat, Presley runs circles around him and annoys the snot out of him.

I know your cats, like mine, have lived the best possible lives, loved and spoiled as much as they deserve to be. Big hugs for you and your family.

Suzanna
Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: subee3
Stats: 208/182.5/155
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 11/11/10
Deb-
So sorry for what you are going through - you and your family are in my thoughts today. You might find that fitting in a workout will bring some calm to your life right now. All the best to you.
Sue
Old 12-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Question - weighed in today - down another 2.9. I'm happy with that but noticed on my printout that my fat% is not coming down. My fat mass # and my FFM (whatever that is) show decreases but not the percentage. My dr. recommended adding weight training which I am ok with - right now I am spinning and doing walk/run (couch to 5K program).

I guess I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon. Sometimes I feel like I am a juggler trying to keep all the balls in the air - eating the right things, recording them, working out, drinking water, taking pills - it's not really a frustration per se but I am not used to thinking about myself so much!

The other thing that is weird is that I feel like I have been uncharacteristically out of it socially with this new lifestyle - for example, I usually have a girl's night/dirty Santa party every year at Christmas time and I just can't seem to bring myself to email the invites. I'm ok with things - am sort of enjoying the calm but it's a little strange for me, kwim?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Subee - I'm a math geek and this kind of stuff gets me going.

I went through a 4 week period in October where I lost 16 pounds, but only .6 points in Fat percentage. I lost both fat and water during the time period, but the balance of the body composition didn't change much during that time. I've lost percentage points more quickly in the weeks since then, even though I've lost fewer pounds.

FFM is Fat Free Mass - that's your lean mass (bones, muscles, organs etc) plus your water weight.

As long as you're not losing lean mass (that's shown on your chart under the "statistics" tab when you log into Medi), I wouldn't sweat it.

One of the things that I've learned through Medi is that BMI, weight and body composition are all inter-related. No one figure tells the whole story. Just follow the program, eat well, drink your water, get moderate exercise and there's no reason that it shouldn't all fall into place over time.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fghtffyrdmns
Stats: 198/154/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11.29.10
First week.

I just started on Monday, November 29th! It's the end of day five and I'm doing pretty great so far, I peaked on my inaccurate scale, and it said 4 pounds! I hope by Monday, December 6th, I'm down 7lbs for my first weigh in! I'm so nervous, but I'm feeling great.
- Christina
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Deb,
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you canít bear to watch. Donít make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Wow. Made me cry. Thanks for sharing in the treasure of our pets....
Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers today, over and over I felt like God was allowing timing of things all day. Closure and peace.....17 years is a long time to be "mommy" to my little boy kitty! This is the first death for me in my family, other than aunts and grandparents who lived far away. I don't know how I'd have handled this without knowing that the Lord was with me, and that Scout had been a gift to us all these years. He didn't eat and wouldn't drink yesterday and this AM and was more and more worn out. He enjoyed it when I took him out on the upper deck to see the birds and the view off the deck to the yard. He picked his head up and looked around, then rested his head down again. We were at the vet at 0750 and they opened at 0800. He weakly meowed once to the vet to tell him hello, unafraid (and usually was a 'scaredy cat' around strangers and would run off), but we'd been all day yesterday there and Scout knew the vet was helping him. All was peaceful. Vet gave wonderful advice about what to do with Storm, other cat, adjusting. He seems to be doing well and was even playful this evening. Storm's been eating and getting lots of loving from us. Of the two, I think he'd be the one to have fewer adjustment problems, so it's going to work out I think. Scout's grave marker is one we got at a nursery today, "In memory of a faithful friend and companion" and has two kitty paw prints. Perfect! Sorry to go on and on. I'll be fine, and it's wonderful to have such supportive friendships here. Thanks again, friends. I love you all. We are blessed to have the unconditional love of our pets who become such an important part of family to us. Scout lived a full and wonderful life. He's resting now.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Good Morning everyone! With the tax season coming up, and considering my insurance won't cover ANY of my Medi expenses from the past 5 months, I checked on the IRS regs about tax deductions. If I'm reading this right, they are deductible (within the normal constraints for medical deductions), since most of us have diagnoses that fit the ruling, e.g., obesity or hypertension (or combinations of things!) Have any of you found this to be true?
Check out this site & see what you think:
Weight-Loss Programs May be Tax Deductible

Stay warm, and enjoy your Saturday!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:50 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Good Morning everyone! With the tax season coming up, and considering my insurance won't cover ANY of my Medi expenses from the past 5 months, I checked on the IRS regs about tax deductions. If I'm reading this right, they are deductible (within the normal constraints for medical deductions), since most of us have diagnoses that fit the ruling, e.g., obesity or hypertension (or combinations of things!) Have any of you found this to be true?
Check out this site & see what you think:
Weight-Loss Programs May be Tax Deductible

Stay warm, and enjoy your Saturday!

That seems to be accurate, but the 7.5% of Adjusted Gross Income would be a tough hurdle to cross unless the person had other large medical expenses or a really low income.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
That seems to be accurate, but the 7.5% of Adjusted Gross Income would be a tough hurdle to cross unless the person had other large medical expenses or a really low income.
Just wondering if we can use FSA funds for Medi - I just allocated quite a bit to cover two kids in bracesbut thinking that since my receipt from Medi includes insurance codes it might be included...
Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subee3 View Post
Just wondering if we can use FSA funds for Medi - I just allocated quite a bit to cover two kids in bracesbut thinking that since my receipt from Medi includes insurance codes it might be included...
After my DH was layed off from his job in June, we had to get all of our FSA (Flexable Spending Account) paperwork together. He has several medical problems so had allocated $1500 for the yr. but had only contributed about $750 by the end on June, so we THOUGHT we had to have $750 in medical recipts to claim that money.........we usually save all the receipts and submit them in early November, so we get the money back in one lump sum and then we use it for Christmas shopping.......when we called the plan management company they told us as long as we had the receipts to prove the claims we could claim ALL $1500 (even though we had paid in only $750). We used our Medi receipts to make up the difference. They easily accepted the initial exam receipts, but not the weekly receipts.......we had to submit more info from the Dr. at the center. He was happy to fill out the form, and once I submitted it they paid for them too.
The plan manager said that it's a gamble.........many times the employer makes money because the employee doesn't always use all the money they had taken out of their paycheck, but in the case where an employee leaves the job (for whatever reason) IF they have the receipts they are allowed to claim ALL of the amount they signed up for, and in that case the employer loses!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Depending on your particular state tax laws, what you may not be able to claim on the Federal return, you may beable to claim on your state return. Totally depends on the state you live in and the regs for that state.

Jo
Old 12-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Day 152 for me...

Two pounds away from 125....but I have already started maintenance....
Old 12-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

So happy for you Sunflower! I remember when we ran into each other in the clinic this summer. I told you that you'd get to this point if you stuck with it!! Horray! What is new in your life? How has 40 lbs off made you feel in confidence, in exercising, in general?! Just cuz we're in maintenance doesn't mean watching everything will be in the past. Join us also on the Maintenance thread!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Quote:
So happy for you Sunflower! I remember when we ran into each other in the clinic this summer. I told you that you'd get to this point if you stuck with it!! Horray! What is new in your life? How has 40 lbs off made you feel in confidence, in exercising, in general?! Just cuz we're in maintenance doesn't mean watching everything will be in the past. Join us also on the Maintenance thread!

Oh yes, I remember! I feel great, into a size 6 petite...haven't done that since I started having kids. I feel like I'm in my twenties.

I don't want to gain it all back. But I feel good, I am armed with the knowledge to keep it off now. I was looking at my old diabetic diet book, Points in Your Favor, the pyramid is all wrong and it was allowing for too many calories each day. (No wonder I couldn't lose weight.)

I will switch to the maintenance thread, that would be good.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info Mary - I will save receipts and see if there's anything left over after I pay my orthodontist.
Closed Thread