Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Hello all, I have been struggling the past couple weeks and you guys had just the words for me. Thank you for the inspiration (not preachy). I needed it. Today the scale stood still from last week and it was my wakeup call. I could have eating worse, but I have been following medi a little loser than I should. I need to get back to what I know works or I am flushing my money down the toilet.

Jo- I love that you use the word choice. I need to start reframing some things.

I also think I need to set a more specific goal for myself too. When I started medi I set a weight goal but my real goal was for my size 12 (no lycra) jeans to fit, my thighs to not rub together when I walk, and my gut not sit on my lap when I sit on the toilet. Seriously, that is what matters. Now I need to find reasons to go further.

To all of you: What are your non- number on a scale goals that keep you going?

Sunflower- You look amazing! Congratulations and good luck on your maintenance journey.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Hi Erica ~ I do understand your struggles, and knowing the right path to take (strictly Medi) is easier than actually following it every hour of every day. Even though I met my goal 2 months ago, I still go back to my clinic monthly, and probably will for at least my first year, just for the counseling & accountability. That's also why I come to this site everyday. It sounds like you've done well & have the desire to continue your success. You go!!! I like your non-scale goals. My big sore point has always been my big butt , so one goal was for it to shrink enough that I don't always have to wear tops that cover it (they had to be so big that they actually were unflattering & made me look even bigger).

Sunflower! WOW! You are pretty in the first photo, but it's like you're a beautiful butterfly out of it's cocoon in the after shot! Thanks for posting.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
First weigh-in today and I lost -8.4!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Congrats, Determined Gemini - that's gotta feel great!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

I am so excited - as of today, I am officially no longer a government obesity statistic. Woo hoo! I am now "just" overweight. I seriously never thought that I'd be able to say that. I was thrilled with my weigh-in, even though it's my smallest loss yet because I was hoping to break even this week since I was off plan for four days while my family was here. That was my biggest holiday challenge by far. Life is good!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Thanks Kelly, yes it does.
Last year I didn't attend my son's football banquet because I hated the way I looked and shopping for something to wear was depressing. Last night was the banquet, with all the running around this week I did not have any time to buy a dress. It turns out that I didn't need to. I decided to try on an Ann Taylor size 12 dress I bought 4 yrs ago and it FIT!!!
I felt great but most importantly I knew I'm healthier and look good.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
I am so excited - as of today, I am officially no longer a government obesity statistic. Woo hoo! I am now "just" overweight. I seriously never thought that I'd be able to say that. I was thrilled with my weigh-in, even though it's my smallest loss yet because I was hoping to break even this week since I was off plan for four days while my family was here. That was my biggest holiday challenge by far. Life is good!
Congrats Kelly, great job!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

After the week I had, I'm so happy and excited I lost -8.4 (of course I wanted 10) We had our company holiday breakfast, lunch, grab bag, and a banquet yet I manged to lose this much. I knew I was in controlled and watched my selections and portion. I was also very stressed/depressed/angry and did not succumbed to my emotional eating habits.
Now I'm concentrating on next week's weight-in
Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations DeterminedGemini and Kelly!!! I'm so happy for you two!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I decided that the ONLY way to get in the mood for Christmas was to MAKE things......DH and I made some peanut brittle, and fudge yesterday to give in gift baskets. I won't lie and say I didn't taste either but I WILL say that I had a crumb......REALLY just the little crumb that fell off of each, and that was it! Nothing else. I have been eating more calories than I should, but all of it is medi friendly. I have such a good feeling of being in control......at least of what I CAN control......which is ME, and MY CHOICES! Food does NOT have the same power it used to have over me. NOW I need to choose to drink more water.......it's been so cold I've been drinking more hot stuff, and need to get back to plain water!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
Mary- I feel you with the water! It has been so cold here too and the last thing i feel like drinking is a cold glass of water And, now I'm feeling really dehydrated the past two days or so. But, CONGRATS on not eating all the fudge and peanut brittle! I can't wait to get to that point where I'm not so tempted and I feel in control around food. I know it will come, I just have to keep up with this.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Kelly, I did better today on the water, but still probably not enough I'm not journaling what I'm eating at all right now, and KNOW I ate too many protein calories. I made the CHOICE today to pause my weight LOSS journey. I'm sticking to Medi 100% but just needed to back off a little.....I'm driving DH and myself nuts....and right now it's a short trip! Once the holidays are over I'll get back to weighing, measuring, and writing everything down.......at this point I can't even remember to take my supplements. I about flipped out when I saw DH pop a peppermint candy into his mouth, and have gotten a little too "preachy" for anyones taste! In order to survive Christmas eve and morning at DS house I have to be able to eat a few things without drawing attention to myself. DIL is making "baked french toast" for breakfast. I even volunteered to bring a baked egg dish but nooooo "this will be plenty", so......
Old 12-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Oh Mary and Kelly I have a problem drinking water and it's not because it's too cold but because there never seems to be the right time. My issue is drinking the water during a time frame that I'm near a bathroom and have to time to use it. During the day from 8 to 12 I'm in meetings and it's hard for me to walk out and use the restroom. Then if I start drinking the water after 1, I go home at 2:30 and will get stuck in traffic needing to go so badly my sides and back starts to hurt. Now if I drink the water once I get home, then I can't sleep getting up every hour to use the bathroom. Some days are better than others but it's a struggle. Sometimes I just suck it up and drink the water whenever I can knowing the consequences since for me it's very important. When I was on Medi before, I noticed a huge difference the weeks I drank all the water and the weeks I didn't.
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 12-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Oh Mary and Kelly I have a problem drinking water and it's not because it's too cold but because there never seems to be the right time. My issue is drinking the water during a time frame that I'm near a bathroom and have to time to use it. During the day from 8 to 12 I'm in meetings and it's hard for me to walk out and use the restroom. Then if I start drinking the water after 1, I go home at 2:30 and will get stuck in traffic needing to go so badly my sides and back starts to hurt. Now if I drink the water once I get home, then I can't sleep getting up every hour to use the bathroom. Some days are better than others but it's a struggle. Sometimes I just suck it up and drink the water whenever I can knowing the consequences since for me it's very important. When I was on Medi before, I noticed a huge difference the weeks I drank all the water and the weeks I didn't.
I know, I'm a manager in retail and of course we have a company policy of no drinks on the floor, so I can't bring water on the sales floor with out letting the rest of my staff do it too, etc... And, especially this time of year I'm always on the sales floor, I never get a chance to go to the back and drink something. Then, I end up trying to drink a lot of water when I get home and end up waking up all night to pee But, I'm trying to make sure to drink my coffee and an entire glass of water before I get to work, then another one on my break, and then the rest at night.

wk1: -11lbs wk2: -0.2lbs(thanksgiving) wk 3:-4.4lbs wk 4: -2.8lbs month 1: -18.2lbs
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alfogh
WOE: medi
Start Date: dec 2010
Hello Medi (soon-to-be-friends). this is the first time I have joined a message board but I really want this to be successful this time. I joined Medi 2 yrs ago and lost over 50 lbs in just 5 mos. didn't stick with it and over time have gained back almost all the weight. So mad at myself and have joined up again. Have lost 6.6 lbs first week. So glad to find this board and learn from everyone. This time I will do it!!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfogh View Post
Hello Medi (soon-to-be-friends). this is the first time I have joined a message board but I really want this to be successful this time. I joined Medi 2 yrs ago and lost over 50 lbs in just 5 mos. didn't stick with it and over time have gained back almost all the weight. So mad at myself and have joined up again. Have lost 6.6 lbs first week. So glad to find this board and learn from everyone. This time I will do it!!
We're glad to have you join us! This is a great support to all of us, and I'm sure you'll make it this time too......there are MANY who have and it's always exciting to hear from them!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
I was an RN for too many years to count and I would go all day without using the restroom, then got up repeatedly at night. I talked to my OB/GYN a couple of years ago about getting up so many times during the night even now when I CAN go to the bathroom during the day, and she said it sounds like I have "trained" my kidney and bladder to work better at night. Getting up during the night is a way of life for me. I too have noticed when I drink all of my water I do better on weight loss. I did pretty well yesterday and today....all though I didn't REALLY measure.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Mary - How's your last "puppy" doing? Are you holding up okay? I have nurse bladder too....and to go with it I get nurse lack of water intake dehydration, followed by go to bed with cramping leg syndrome! Ha! (But it's NOT funny )
Old 12-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Deb - have you tried taking a potassium supplement? I started that a while back and it instantly helped with the leg cramps, plus I don't have to drink expensive artificial sweetener and dye filled sports drinks anymore.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Things have been crazy.. family in town for my sister's college graduation, followed by my cousin, his wife, and their two year old (who are all staying in my one bedroom apartment). Its fun, but exhausting. I have been a little lax with the journaling lately and when I tally things up I find I have eaten too much (not by much though, maybe around 700). Fortuntately, I am just eating too much of good food. So my carbs have actually been under the allowed amount daily and I have not slipped out of ketosis. I know it will be rough over the holidays keeping track, but at least I know I can get by making sure I am not going over on carbs. I think that will be a good compromise over the holidays. I am going to try of course to journal everything... but some days I just don't get a chance to. Or I stress because I don't know EXACTLY how much of something I had, so I give up on trying to count.

I have my week 5 weigh in tonight and that will be the last weigh in until the new year. I am skipping next week because I am out of town. I am looking forward to this being the first christmas where I didn't come home feeling crappy because I felt like I gained a million pounds over the holiday. :-)

I hear ya on the water... I have been better lately (probably because I am feeling guilty about being not good at journaling, lol). Fortunately at work i spend alot of time at my desk working on solo tasks, so if I need to get up... I can. The problem is that I get lazy, and even though my water bottle is empty and needs refilled, and i have to use the restroom.... I don't want to get up. I get really cold at work. I actually have a space heater under my desk. I get to a point where I am warm and don't want to get up and get more cold water or walk away from my little cone of warmth to the bathroom. I have always gotten cold at work, even in the summer. I think that eating less calories and losing weight has just made it worse. I do try to drink as much water as I can at work (laziness aside) up until about 45 minutes before I leave. That way I can hit the restroom on the way out and then not have to worry about having to go again on my drive home.

Anyways, best of luck over the holidays everyone!! I am trying to get as much work done today as I can so that I can take the rest of the week off (we are supposed to work until thursday... but I really don't want to)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Mary - How's your last "puppy" doing? Are you holding up okay? I have nurse bladder too....and to go with it I get nurse lack of water intake dehydration, followed by go to bed with cramping leg syndrome! Ha! (But it's NOT funny )
Deb,
We're all doing fine. We're back up in Jacksonville, and it was a little sad for DD at first. She works as a unit secretary at a hospital, and works 12 hr nights. I've warned her about not drinking enough, but of course she rolls her eyes. Last night she was complaining about "retaining water" and I rolled my eyes! I know how she can "fix" that problem........drink more water!

I too take potassium, but of course this is one supplement that you don't want to over do (as you know)!

I have snacked on some sugary treats, and I have to say #1 it gave me a headache (can't figure any other reason for it) #2 I had weird dreams....like I regained ALL of my weight and my ankle bracelet (that I wore pre-medi) was too tight and cutting into my leg #3 I found out that none of the treats really tasted as good as I remembered/thought they would! I'm trying to keeep on plan but also not beating myself up
Old 12-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Merry Christmas to you all! Sunflower - fantastic results! Everyone new, welcome!

This site is so inspiring for me too! I try to get on once a day to keep up with everyone, even if I don't always commment.

Our medi clinic, Round Rock, TX, has been doing a referral drawing. Granted, over the one and half month period there were only 5 submittals, but I'm happy to say with two submittals I won a 32" TV! WOW - I have a new body and a new TV for Christmas. THANK YOU MEDI!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
Holidays

I am on Week 4. I have been sticking to my plan but actually feel like I am gaining and I am eating so much. I think it is because I have been going to all these parties surrounded by food. I haven't eaten or even had a glass of wine so it doesn't make sense why I feel as if I am gaining. My weigh in is Friday so I shall see then. I think I'm just getting used to the diet and feel more comfortable with the foods. My mind plays tricks on me. Thanks for all your support.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Mary - So glad to hear you and your DC (dear canine!) are doing okay. I know I get more leg cramping when I don't drink enough water AND instead drink a couple of diet sodas in the evening (so sodium up even more)...I've learned to take Calcium Citrate + Vit D, Mag 400mg + Zinc, and Potassium 550mg (of course not prescription). How much do you take? I've been feeling lousey the past 2 days with extra carb intoxication from work splurge! I tell you, it's a subtle, lingering blahness that starts in and makes me realize my body really does not LIKE that kind of treatment! Thankfully took my protein filled carbmasters yogurt and seedless sesame seeds or it would have been worse

Paulyesters-Wow! Congratulations on your TV!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
Good Morning Medi friends!
Man, 745 is early!
So many great things happening here!
Way to go Paulyesters- a new tv! How Exciting! Contests are so awesome!
Clergywife- I feel like I have gained too but i think it is just water... how come when its chilly out, I dont drink enough water?! That doesnt make sense!
Welcome to ALFOGH! This is a great supportive place!
Charlie- Good luck with all the family in town, I know that can be hard to stay on plan as well as stressful with all those people in the house!
I have a big interview today and I am really nervous and really excited!! Its an amazing job and It is something that I am very passionate about.. working with and for children. I am very hopeful and staying positive!
Hope everyone has a happy holiday and Merry christmas.. and lets drink lots of water
Ashley

** Ashley**
One day at a time..
Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Week 5 and down 2.2 more pounds. :-) for a total of 22.2 pounds. I won't have another weight for two weeks because I won't be in town... So hopefully my first weigh in of 2011 will be successful... :-)

Made some more almond cookies this morning to give to my boyfriend and his parents who drove down from Pennsylvania for Christmas. He actually really likes them. I put a whole bunch of red food coloring in them to make them a little festive...however they are basically hot pink... he is going to love that...lol.

Now it is time to clean, do laundry, and pack to head to Palm Beach to see my family for Christmas.

Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
WOOT! WTG everyone! Keep strong through the holiday season! Here is a wonderful article that I found! Take a second to read it, very interesting!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...FXAPhH&h=193f3

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all my Medi-Weightloss Clinics buddies! Here's to an even healthier 2011!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful article, Jerry. It says what we are experiencing when we eat the simple carbs (unfortunately sometimes in excess) this holiday season and any other time we go away from the Medi plan. I'm glad that agreement is finally starting to occur, recognizing that a low carb diet is a much healthier way to raise a nation!

Are you all recovered from the last surgery? Merry Christmas, friend!

Last edited by Fit2010; 12-22-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Merry Christmas all! I picked up my TV today when I went in for my double. I'm so excited! I really hope you all love your clinic as much as I love mine! The girls are just wonderful!

Everyone stay strong through the weekend - I know you can do it! Just think... while everyone else is just thinking about a resolution to lose weight - we're already there/ on the way! Here's to being healthy!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

I'm still 20lbs away from goal, but I added some pics to my profile from before. I didn't even realize until I started looking at them how drastic the change it.
Closed Thread