Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Depending on your particular state tax laws, what you may not be able to claim on the Federal return, you may beable to claim on your state return. Totally depends on the state you live in and the regs for that state.

Jo
Good point, Jo! I'll check out my state laws ~
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ok, really back to week one tomorrow. No way to have focused on myself this week with all that was going on and now I'm up from goal even more. I can tell you that I'm warmer, and I think that may have been part of the initial reason I got lax (having lost part of my insulation); but today I tried on the blouse I wore for my Medi photo shoot and it was snug...makes me feel like I'm 20 to 30 lbs overweight, though I'm 9 lbs over goal. It's gotta stop here!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: David Showers
Stats: 239.5/210.4/180 - 29.1 pounds lost in 6 weeks.
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 10/18/2010
Totally Hate Myself

So, I have been on the plan of 6 weeks so far. I've lost 30 pounds and never felt better.... till now. I cheated for the first time.

Today it's really cold in Florida. I went to lunch with a friend and we walked to a book store. Once inside I could smell the coffee and started craving a Mocha (my drink of choice back in the day.)

Anyway, I gave in (I justified this because of the cold) and got a mocha. I got a 12oz skinny decaf, but forgot to ask for sugar free. This is the first time I have cheated on the diet and I am really upset about it. I can no longer say I have never cheated on the program. Aside from that, I have a horrible headache from all the sugar. I looked up online and found that the average skinny mocha has 25 grams of sugar! No wonder my head hurts.

I can't believe I cheated. I made it all the way through thanksgiving and I fall down today over a cup of coffee. I bet I blew my weight loss for the week.

I know, it was just one mocha, but it is a big deal to me on so many different levels. sigh..........

Last edited by David Showers; 12-06-2010 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
David, don't beat yourself up! Maybe you'll even get lucky and stay in ketosis. Regardless, start week 1 again and you'll make up for it next week! It's life, and last I checked nobody is perfect

Last edited by Paulyesthers; 12-06-2010 at 11:45 AM..
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Showers View Post
So, I have been on the plan of 6 weeks so far. I've lost 30 pounds and never felt better.... till now. I cheated for the first time.

Today it's really cold in Florida. I went to lunch with a friend and we walked to a book store. Once inside I could smell the coffee and started craving a Mocha (my drink of choice back in the day.)

Anyway, I gave in (I justified this because of the cold) and got a mocha. I got a 12oz skinny decaf, but forgot to ask for sugar free. This is the first time I have cheated on the diet and I am really upset about it. I can no longer say I have never cheated on the program. Aside from that, I have a horrible headache from all the sugar. I looked up online and found that the average skinny mocha has 25 grams of sugar! No wonder my head hurts.

I can't believe I cheated. I made it all the way through thanksgiving and I fall down today over a cup of coffee. I bet I blew my weight loss for the week.

I know, it was just one mocha, but it is a big deal to me on so many different levels. sigh..........
David (OK, here's the Mom in me speaking up) Give yourself a break.....I know it's hard to believe but NONE of us is PERFECT! No one expects you to be, so be good, and stop beating yourself up! Like MY Mom told me......"you don't have to beat yourself up, because frankly, there are plenty of other people out there who will do it for you" Just get right back on plan, and I bet you won't make that same mistake next time you want coffee.
You may actually be surprised when you go for your weigh-in, and find that you may have lost MORE because of this little boo-boo! My DH kind of did the same thing and lost double on his next weigh-in...........BUT I have to warn you, IF that happens don't get cocky! Get right back on the program! Bill ended up giving himself permission to do "Bill's Diet" again, after his great weightloss and gained back 6 pounds!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 12-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Hope you all had a good weekend!

3rd weigh in tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. :-)

I have notice that my "Go to" jeans are too big for me now. They used to be the ones that always fit...except yesterday they almost fell to my ankles while I walked up the stairs. Fortunately there was no one else in the hall to see how ridiculous I looked with my low rider gangster jeans. I had to go into my closet and grab some jeans that 3 weeks ago, I couldn't wear comfortably. Granted, all of the jeans are same size...but different brands. and the original jeans may have been just so stretched out that they seem alot bigger than my others in the same size. Who cares.... they don't fit anymore!

My feet are also smaller! Maybe they have just been a little swollen for the past few years? (I have had constant issues with swollen feet at work... I sit alot). The heels that I have been wearing to work most days over the past 3 months no longer fit. They actually fall off when I walk! Kind of a shame... most of the shoes in my closet are now size 11's... because I though my feet has gone through some random early twenties growth spurt. I may be back to the size 10 I have worn since high school. Oh well.... shoe shopping it is I suppose!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
David- Expecting to be perfect on any eating plan is a recipe for disaster. The important part is that you see how it made you feel and you learned a lesson. You will still have a loss because you are still eating far fewer calories than you didn pre-medi. Mary is right, sometimes it gives your body a weigh loss surge but also like Mary said, the important part is to not get cocky. If we all go back to a mocha with 25gm. of sugar each day, we will all end up back where we started. I personally have a carb addiciton so I look at myself like an alcoholic or smoker with an addiction. They often have to stumble several times before they are successful at quitting and so will I. I also find that journaling my booboos makes me accountable and easier to move on without the guilt.

I had a great week last week. 4 days at the gym and down 1.4. Not the biggest loss ever but I am at a weight now that my body liked to live at for year so I was expecting a plateau. Not with Medi I am fallowing the plan really well this week so far too so I am hoping for a good loss on Wed. @WI.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jen8182
Stats: 166/141/120
Start Date: Oct 2010
Just have to say that I hit the 25lb loss mark today! Woohooo. 9 weeks and 25lbs I've never felt so good. I am really going to try hard this week to see if I can reach the 130's next week. I haven't been that weight since before I had my kids (9 years!)

I love Medi!!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:50 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen8182 View Post
Just have to say that I hit the 25lb loss mark today! Woohooo. 9 weeks and 25lbs I've never felt so good. I am really going to try hard this week to see if I can reach the 130's next week. I haven't been that weight since before I had my kids (9 years!)

I love Medi!!
Jen ~ congratulations!!! I love Medi, too. Isn't it great reaching a "milestone" weight that you haven't seen in a long time? For me, seeing the 120's on that Tanita scale was like a dream. I jumped off & hugged the NP... 'cause I hadn't seen those numbers for at least 25 years! Now, in maintenance, I stress a little everyday just to keep the pounds down. BUT, it's worth a little stress to be this healthy again.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Showers View Post

Hi David ~ I guess most of us here (except the Mr. and Ms. Perfects ) have been in your shoes. Personally, during my 5 months on Medi, I have had bigger cheats than yours a few times... but I have found Medi to be very forgiving. You really don't have to "overcorrect" by going back to week one everytime you have a little slip up. My clinic actually recommends against that. Just get right back on the plan and yiou'll be fine. Be nice to yourself .
Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Dave ~ I feel ya on the really cold in Florida comment... 30 degrees this morning and I am stubborn and refuse to turn on the heat in my apartment. I mean, come on... we spend so much on A/C 10 other months out of the year...I should not have to also spend a fortune to keep warm.. :-) Somehow, the cold hardboiled egg for breakfast this morning didn't do much to warm my insides.

One little slip won't hurt. On the plus side, you cheated and realized that it really isn't worth it. Are you really going to do it again and get that headache? Probably not. I am hoping I get to a point where the foods I used to eat just don't seem that good anymore. Either because the taste never was all that good in the first place or because of the way they will affect my body now. I am not quite there yet... some things still just look good.....

A random question... I have been going through the recipie threads alot (so many choices I sometimes get overwhelmed and end up just reheating chicken for dinner, lol)...can anyone reccommend some dishes that are good to take to potluck type holiday parties? I was already going to make the almond cookies (assuming I can make them right the second time areound... first time yielded 1/3 as many as it was supposed to... I think I messed up when I used the beaters to mix in the ground up almonds...) but I wanted to bring something else so that I know I will have a good option at least for myself... Any clues? My office is doing the 12 Days of Christmas, so essentially everyday until the holiday shutdown there will be food set out and I have a christmas party with my girlfriends (its an annual thing we do...lots of food and wine involved...maybe I will DD...).
Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I've been away. My grandmother has been very sick and I went up and stayed with her for a few weeks. I am going back up next weekend when my kids are out of school and staying until after the first of the year. She doesn't have internet so I can only get online on my phone. But I am home for about 10 days so I thought I'd come back and say hello.

I made it through Thanksgiving and was doing GREAT, but then I left to spend sometime with my Grandma and I am WAY off track now. I have put on 5lbs in the past 2 weeks. I know how to get it under control, but doing that during the Christmas season is not easy. I am going to my clinic tomorrow to see what I need to do. I was in maintance but with these extra pounds that I now want to loose we'll see what they have me do. Man this time of year is HARD!!! I have been protein and veggies only for 2 days now on my own, but don't want to weight until tomorrow at the clinic. Oh and TOM will be here by this weekend too.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Oh I forgot to mention. I am from Central Florida also. It was 32 degrees outside this morning when I woke up. My hubby works at Bok Tower Garden (for anyone who knows what that is), and is frantically bringing things in and covering everything today. Stressful time for him. He is the director of Horticulture there. I have put running outside to a hault and have been using my Gazelle inside. It's not as good of a workout but it's what I've got for now. And I refuse to turn my heat on, we just layer up.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Well you guys have more endurance than I do. I live in South Florida and I turned on the heat last night, 68lbs ago I would have been in a long sleeve shirt laughing at everyone bundled up in their winter coats. Now without my 'insulation' I am freezing! I'm in the same boat as several of you, I am in wellness but over the last 3 weeks I have creeped up almost 10 lbs. Back to week 1 this week. I know my problem was I thought I could eat more like I use to because I am now excersising (I never use to). Boy was I wrong!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so glad that people are addressing the idea of perfectionism. It is just not realistic to think that we should be brutal to ourselves. I like everyone's advice regarding learning from missteps and moving on. There was only one who was perfect throughout His entire time on earth, and we are going to be celebrating His birthday in a couple weeks...and, He knows we are human and has given us grace and mercy and shows us how to forgive. I think sometimes we are harder on ourselves than we are on other people.

You may have noticed that I've changed my current weight under my avatar. It's been going up in the past month for a combination of reasons. The first couple of reasons I thought I could nip in the bud quite easily and kept procrastinating: It got colder outside and I could no longer jog and bicycle outdoors here in KS (those in the 30 degree weather in FL know what I'm talking about now having lost my "insulation" with the 53 lb weight loss). I had planned to move the exercise indoors and caught DH's cold, which then got aggravated by seasonal allergies and then turned to bronchitis, and sinusitis and had no "umph" to exercise. Next came Thanksgiving away at DD's with fabulous food (I about 143 lbs going into Thanksgiving). When we returned I worked on a complex homework assignment and grabbed what was convenient. This trend continued while caring for very ill kitty starting last Tuesday and daily concerned for his life, three vet office visits in four days, and then buried him on Friday. My concern then moved to other 17-year old kitty staying alive. I have allowed myself a couple days of mourning and I think I need to get back with my program now, and move on. I'm so thankful that Storm, my surviving kitty, is seeming to do well. He's been such a comfort to me all these years, and we have been comforting each other the past few days since Scout's passing. I have babied him with a jar of ground turkey baby food to make sure that he is still eating. He lost a little over a lb during the past 2 wks, so now he's 8.8 lbs. He'd probably eaten less while Scout was losing his own 2 1/2 to 3 lbs over the same period of time. I cannot lose 2 kitties! Praise the Lord, I think this one will be fine...So, I admit, on Saturday I went to the store to purposely buy salsa dip and chose to buy a candy bar, ended up buying 3 of them and eating them within 1 1/2 hours, sneakily. A type of self-medicating behavior that is not at all healthy. On Sunday we had an awesome "soup" potluck at church, but pastor wanted breads and desserts there too, and the combo went "poof" in my belly and with water retention! So now I'm over 12 lbs over goal. Additional stresses, including DH quitting smoking and having nicotene withdrawal, have made me delay and self-sabotage. Result: fear that I cannot fit into my awesome clothes because I've gained inches too!!

I chronicle all this just to share with you that life happens. We all make choices. I know that the outcome I want can not be reached with the path I've been traveling in the past 4 weeks. So, time to turn around and go a different direction! I know what works and I went back to week one today. I drew a line in the sand at 145 lbs. But the unexpected demise in my kitty's health took me over that line. I refuse to go up the scales any further!! My body FEELS like it's gained 20 to 30 lbs, but it hasn't. I know alot of this is water. So, I celebrate your weight losses and I'm so glad this forum is available to me for accountability and encouragement. I'm going to mark my weight loss here again! Setting out on again on using the tools that I know produces results!

Hope you all have a beautiful day!

Last edited by Fit2010; 12-07-2010 at 09:52 AM..
Old 12-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Today has been a VERY mixed day! GREAT because I finally lost those blasted 2 pounds I've been working on, so now have met another mini goal.....I have lost 75 pounds! YEAH me! I now look more like the "real" me......I used to be so surprised when I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a store window.....now I look more like I THOUGHT I looked all along!

That happiness was tempered by the news that my DH did NOT get the job that we both were positive he'd be offered That was quite a blow to him, and I just have to agree with him that all things happen for a reason. It sure does "sting" though! We were really counting on it.......being unemployed since June sure does SUCK for him (and me too)
Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

3rd weigh in tonight...

down 2.6 pounds :-)

AND I apparently gained 2 pounds of water (I wasn't as good with my water intake the past few days)

Which means that I actually lost more than 2.6 lbs in fat!

Woo hoo, I will just be better about my water this week and the water issue should be resolved :-)
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

To all of the floridians who lost their insulation- pleast turn your heat on! It's freezing here in PA too but we're a little more used to it. We own wool sweaters and ice scrapers. I hope it warms up soon for you guys.

Deb- sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty and thank you for sharing your struggles. It is comforting to know that I am the only one who is not perfect. I have a final exam Thursday night and studying definitely brings on some old bad eating habits. I will be glad when this stressor is off of my plate.

Mary- I'm sorry to hear about your DH not getting the job It sounded promising but like you said, everything happens for a reason. More importantly, congratulations on hitting your mini goal. That is great!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Mary - I'm sorry your DH didn't get the position; something even better may be just around the corner....!?!!

Ericka - I know what you mean about the school-stress combo. I'm in a hairy class that isn't scheduled to end til 12/26; but I hope to have everything turned in by 12/22. Got a powerpoint to do this week, eek! And, next eight-week three-credit course starts 1/3. Are you done for the semester or completely done after your final Thursday? I still have a little less than 12 months to go. This too shall eventually pass! Good luck with studying and taking your final...relax, you'll do great!

Last edited by Fit2010; 12-07-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fghtffyrdmns
Stats: 198/154/125
Start Date: 11.29.10
I had my FIRST weigh in on Monday and I lost 10.4lbs!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

fghtfyrdmns - Welcome and congratulations on your great first week loss!!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Surgery went well!! Drain tubes and stitches out! AND I've dropped 5 pounds!

Deb; You CAN do it! You know what to do! Sorry to hear about your kitty.

fghtfyrdmns - Welcome and congratulations on your great first week loss!!

AnnK - I used my flex spending account for this program.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Deb- 12/26- that is crazy! I am finished this 10 week quarter this Thursday after my final. I start back 1/3. I have 2 more quarters until I graduate June 11th. It has been a 3 1/2 year journey that I am excited to see come to an end.I am taking 5 credit courses because they are the clinical component for my Nurse Practitioner degree. Good luck to you with school as well.

JBiggars- Glad your surgery went well. Must feel good to get the drains out. You are an inspiration to us all.

fghtfyrdmns- Welcome and congrats on your loss. Keep up the great work!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
Week 3 weigh in today and lost 4.4lbs!!!! Yeah I'm down a total of 15.4lbs and shooting for a lose of 4.6lbs next week so that I can meet my goal of losing at least 20lbs the first month.

I'm giving myself a little coffee treat today (but not that bad 90 calories and 12carbs) but the rest of the week I'm going to stay to my 500 of protein and 2cups of salad everyday and keep working out! I'm so excited I love this WOE and these threads, thanks for everyone's support and advice.

wk1: -11lbs wk2: -0.2lbs(thanksgiving) wk 3:-4.4lbs wk 4: -2.8lbs month 1: -18.2lbs
Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Busymomof3
Stats: 217/209/150
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Hello, im new to MWL...and this site! Yesterday was my first weigh in and I lost 8.2 pounds! I leave for vacation in 2 weeks, so my mini goal is to lose enough to fit back into my jeans without having to go buy more (going to seattle so I will definitely need pants! LOL)
Question for my stats yesterday: My fat mass, water and BMI went down but my fat % went up almost 1%? Can you explain what this means and if im doing something wrong what do I need to do different? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Congratulations to all the losses this week, and congratulations also to those who recognize that perfection is not a human trait. If it were, we would not be here trying to attain it. Does that make any sense?

This IS a hard time of the year. If you notice, I began this program almost two years ago, have made goal and maintained now for a little over a year. It is possible. Maintaining is not an easy road. I have had ups and downs, but the ups were small and fixable and the downs...well they were a result of the ups. I find that changing up the exercise routine and dropping the whole grains for a bit helps. I still cannot handle starches without a weight gain almost immediately so I pretty much stay away from them. I have struggled through ACL surgery and the resultant weight gain from the lack of exercise during that period. But looking back over the last two years, the positives are far greater than the negatives. I work hard to maintain a positive focus as much as possible and to not allow toooooo much negativity to creep in when my weight fluctuates for whatever reason...just refocus and get back to what works.

Sorry about the rambling, but when you are in the acute phase, sometimes it is hard to see the really big picture. Jerry is a great example of how well the program works and his positive attitude is a great example to us all. I did not know he was going to be in AZ or I would have moved heaven and earth to go out and meet him!

Wishing you all the very best on your journey. You CAN do it!

Jo
Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Went from 149.4 lbs yesterday AM to 145 lbs today. Down 4.4 lbs in 24 hours of starting week 1 again; ate 600 calories and LOTS of water yesterday. I knew a bunch of the weight was from recent water gain! Now to kick out the last 7-8 lbs in the next couple of weeks. Yes, Jerry and Jo, I can do this because I know what works! I'm going to try to stay off the scales til next Tuesday so I can see what the difference was in a week of week 1 or mostly week 1. I think my goal is now to see inch loss and HDL increases, rather than to try to get below 137. My body just gets TOO cold when I'm at a lower BMI! Thanks group for all the encouragement!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I went into my clinic this morning for WI. I was really bummed because my home scale was the same as last week. Medi's scale said I lost 2.5! Woohoo! I really struggled this week because of my final exam and stress eating. When I look back, I did make better choices than I would have pre-medi. I am snacking on medi-friendly foods but just too much of them and it bring back some of the lack of control that I had pre-medi. My counselor was so helpful at helping me figure out what I was eating and was impressed at my choices. That and the loss made me feel so much better.

2 lessons learned this week:

1) No matter how skinny or not I feel, I will not weigh myself at home. I need to just follow the program no matter what my scale says.

2) I need to stop being so hard on myself. This is a process. One choice at a time. It is hard to not be perfect!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to mention that the size 12- no Spandex jeans that have been in my closet for 10 years fit perfect! Woohoo!
Closed Thread