Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyMonkey
Stats: 275 / 264 / 150
WOE: Medi-Weight loss.
Start Date: 11/11/10
Medi and the Flu

So I've decided I think I have the Flu, or at the very least a REALLY bad cold. No fever, but all of the other symptoms, sniffling sneezing coughing aching, etc (feel like someone is hitting me in the head with a jackhammer). Simmilar sypmtoms have been going around at work and my hubby's work.

I did a keto stick a little while ago and it's large 160....the highest. What des that mean?

I want to eat something, but i really don't want Steak or chicken, or turkey or fish. I want chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese sandwhich!!!!

Since I'm sick, should I just eat what I need to (with in some reason)?

Thoughts? Anyone else dealt with Sickness while on the plan? I'm only in the middle of week 2.
SkinnyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: neneRN
Stats: 5'1", 149/125.4/115-120
WOE: lMedi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 12/03/13
The darker (higher) ketones is not a great thing; means you need more fluids, especially since you're sick. You really want to be in small to moderate ketosis; as long as you're showing up in ketosis, you're good, darker color is not the goal, it just means the ketones are more concentrated because you're not taking in enough fluids. You can have chicken or beef broth (low salt preferably), add some shreddded chicken to it because you really do need to get in your protein calories even if you don't feel like eating. You could have some SF jello as well.
neneRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmchap
Stats: 208/190/145
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: First time 03/2010, restart Nov 2010
I got sick the first time I was on medi too, I made chicken broth with shredded chicken and used some of those miracle noodles in it for a more comforting soup. I also added some carrots and celery to it for more flavor, but just didn't eat them b/c of the carbs. And like neneRN said above, you do need more liquids if you are in the darkest color of the ketosis strips. good luck
kmchap is offline   Reply With Quote