Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary - the treadmill imperfect for those days (or entire winter season as it seems to be right now!). It takes away any excuse I have about not being able to walk - granted, I would rather go outside any day, but the treadmill is much better than no walk at all! Keep looking for one - you might get a really good deal as someone forgets about their new years resolution to exercise!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
I love this thread! Congrats, everyone. It's so great to see everyone having such success!
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronism
Stats: 170/133/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 January 2011
Excellent point about the NSV's!

I've been a bit frustrated at my slower-than-I-wanted weight loss. But last week I found the measurements that I took of myself the day I started Medi. I knew that my clothes were feeling looser, but I was thrilled to see that I'd lost 1.25" off my waist and 1.5" off my hips and .5" off my arms and thighs!

Today I wore a pinky ring ALL DAY that for years I haven't been able to do more than try on for a minute before my finger turns into a fat sausage!

I'm with all of you who mentioned your surprise in NOT going down a size in jeans. The
12's I had to buy at Christmas still fit -- albeit more comfortably. And yesterday my old 10's even fit well.

But I think my favorite NSV is feeling so good about myself. I know I have a long way to go, but I just feel so happy doing something that works!

And I'm so glad to have found this site with all the great support and inspirational members!
Ronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
You are skinny - you can get through

This NSV just made such a great impression on me that I want to share it:
We were flying to the vacation spot in Dominican Republic and I went to the bathroom. Afterwards I was coming down to my seat in the narrow airplane aisle and a woman was coming towards me. I thought there was no room for us to pass each other so I stopped and hesitated for a second and then that women said: “You are skinny – you can get through”. It was addressed to me! I could not believe it.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
ann taylor moment

Love these NSV!

So for years I have walked by the Ann Taylor store knowing there was nothing in there that would fit me. I love the clothes in the window, but have always been too self-conscious to even walk in and look around. Well I was out shopping for jeans and decided to go in. I found a cute pair of curvy trouser jeans and decided to try on the biggest size I could find, a 12. I felt certain I could not squeeze into them, but I wanted to try. They were too big! I stood there staring at the mirror re-checking the tags again when a saleswoman knocked to see if I needed anything. I opened the door and said I think these are too big but it can't be possible that the 10 would fit me. She found a 10, and explained that depending on your build you might need a smaller size in curvy fit. I tried them on and they fit! When she came back I was still standing there not believing it. I opened the door and asked if they looked too small. She looked at me like I was crazy and said no, they fit well. I almost started to tear up! A few months ago I would never have thought this possible.
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
Week 2 and people actually noticed I've lost a little! Also can squeeze into a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear in years. Just getting rid of the water weight and initial flab has really made me feel better too! Thank God for this forum!!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 01.14.11
Hi!

I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to post. Everyone here seems super nice! I'm wrapping up my 6th week and go for my next weigh-in tomorrow!

Today's NSV: I am a teacher at an elementary school. This morning the dean, who is new to our school this year, and whom I do not have a close relationship with, came up to me and said, "Ms. Raby! You're looking really skinny lately!"

Later in the day, when I ran an errand in the office, she said, "Really, how are you losing the weight?" (Not that she needs to; she's tall, slender, and really athletic/sportsy.)

I told her it was thanks to Medi, and while I talked about it she shook her head like she was familiar with the program. She told me that the principal at her former school had lost over 100 lbs using the same clinic I do. She agrees that it's a wonderful program.

- Sacha
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
We just returned from Jacksonville and helping DS, and DIL move. I had a couple different NSVs.

The first was when my DS kept saying that he has never seen me so "skinny"! He also said something about his wife's Mom and Aunt being "old ladies", so they couldn't/wouldn't help with the move.....the thing is I'm older than either of them, and I was moving boxes up, and down stairs, and working right along......Bill was also able to go up, and down stairs MUCH easier than DS who was huffing and puffing! He is also stronger than either our DS or DD's boyfriend.....they stuggled to lift heavy furniture that Bill lifted easily!

We stopped for lunch yesterday at a local Mexican place and I wasn't even tempted at all by the chips, beans, or rice........that's amazing to me!

Finally DD told me how "cute" I looked this morning as we prepared to leave....I had on black/white PLAID Bermuda shorts, and a slinky black top, with sandals......I would never even consider plaid anything in the past!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KBinAL
Stats: 5'8" 234/204/170
WOE: Medi-Weightloss & Zumba
Start Date: January 13, 2010
I knew that my bras have been getting bigger on me and I have tried to make myself wait until I lose even more weight before I purchase some new ones, but I broke down today and went bra shopping. I wanted the same bra I was wearing so I went to that boutique (Soma Intimates: if youve never tried one, they are amazing bras!!) and got fitted. When the woman told me the size she thought I should try, she could tell by the look on my face that I was incredulous. She then asked me what size I had on and her mouth opened when I told her! (Small victory!!) I went down THREE sizes: one cup size and two around me sizes!!!! I cant believe it. Still cannot believe it. I am the size I was in my late 20's, aiming to get to where I was in my early 20's which is one more chest size down and one more cup size down.

When I first started Medi, I told myself that the expense of this program would be worth it exponentially if I got a non surgical breast reduction in the deal. Most people would not necessarily be thrilled with this loss, but I am.

I got so excited by this shopping experience (shopping for a bra can be fun? who knew?!) that I stopped at one more store and tried on a couple of tops. I took my usual XL back to the dressing room and the clerk asked me how I was doing and I asked her for a L in a particular top. She brought me back a medium and told me such when she handed it to me. I was taken aback and waved it back at her and said I wanted a L, and she told me I didnt need a L and to please try it on anyway. It FIT! I dont remember the last time I have worn a MEDIUM top?!?!
KBinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
My loss is so slow, I could be a turtle

So here's what's been motivating me:

1) I'm doing the 9 week challenge in the Wii game/personal trainer program EA Sports Active 2.
Well, I have 4 exercise sessions left-- they are killer, but I'm determined to do them. I can see my improvement in strength and core and balance, even if the scale or body fat don't change at all. Yay me!
And, I'm going to buy a pair of Uggs when I finish the program

2) I'm not 100% sure, but I think I have a couple of pairs of jeans that are a bit looser. They have stretch in them, and b/c of the way my tummy is, I can sort of wiggle out of them without undoing them anyway-- but now they are sort of slipping down as I walk. I'm going to wash and dry them and see if that's still true-- but it was a bit encouraging none-the-less

3) My wedding rings don't fit anymore (this really upsets me) so I keep trying them on and I'll be super happy when they do. They are rather thick/wide bands, so it's trickier than other styles would be-- but in my lifetime they've been a bit loose, so I know I will get there again.

Great thread! KUTGW everyone!

Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I've gone from a size 16 to a size 6.
My wedding ring no longer fits (I need to get it resized)
My dad now says "hey skinny" when he sees me.
I ran my very first half marathon (only stopping to walk during the water breaks)
My friends tell me all the time I am their "inspiration"
I just feel good physically
I actually enjoy waking up and getting dressed in the morning.
My girls now eat healthier without complaining because they see me eating healthy (and I no longer keep junk in the house).
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LitlMzScandelous
Stats: 283/274/190
Start Date: Feb. 2011
This past few days were very stressful for me, which totally screwed up about 2 days of my week. In short, my hubby was in the hospital with pneumonia and I had to stay 24-7 because his airway was in danger of closing.

But out of my NSV, I learned something about myself. Since I've been overweight (2003), I've always blamed my thyroid and my psych meds for my weight gains. The minute the nurse told me my husband needed to be admitted, I felt this tremendous sense to indulge on something carby or sweet. I've finally realized and admitted....I AM AN emotional eater. Wow...It's so liberating to admit that to myself. To look that tendency in the face and name it.

In that same vein, I relied on family bring me food while hubby was in the hospital. Two days, I tried to stay true as I could. But, after we were home, I got right back on track! So...while I might not have lost as much as I did on week one, I've had two big NSVs this week and I am resolved to have victory for that!
LitlMzScandelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baysidegal
Stats: 240/208/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitlMzScandelous View Post
This past few days were very stressful for me, which totally screwed up about 2 days of my week. In short, my hubby was in the hospital with pneumonia and I had to stay 24-7 because his airway was in danger of closing.

But out of my NSV, I learned something about myself. Since I've been overweight (2003), I've always blamed my thyroid and my psych meds for my weight gains. The minute the nurse told me my husband needed to be admitted, I felt this tremendous sense to indulge on something carby or sweet. I've finally realized and admitted....I AM AN emotional eater. Wow...It's so liberating to admit that to myself. To look that tendency in the face and name it.

In that same vein, I relied on family bring me food while hubby was in the hospital. Two days, I tried to stay true as I could. But, after we were home, I got right back on track! So...while I might not have lost as much as I did on week one, I've had two big NSVs this week and I am resolved to have victory for that!
I know how that feels. My mom was hospitalized a few weeks ago, and I spent all my time with her. I had just celebrated losing 6 lbs on the first week and had started my second week. After the first day of her hospitalization, the stress took it's toll and I caved.. Mostly because I couldn't stay on track with my meals. I did restart the next week, but I decided to go back to square one. I am an emotional eater! I have been all my life and yet, I blamed it on everything else..meds, family problems, work problems, etc. I know now that I was keeping myself fat! I am going for my week 3 weigh in tomorrow. I can't wait..I never thought I would get excited about getting on a scale
Baysidegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
Litmz and Bayside,

I know how hard it is when someone you love is ill and in the hospital (my mom passed away in late Sept from septocemia). I just went through this, and I wish I had this forum then. Please know that you can send me a message anytime- losing weight is not the issue at this point in your life, but not losing yourself is. Sometimes things are out of your control (I spent a month in a hospital with my mom) that happens, and afterwards can be worse ( reliving it and all the possiblilities haunt me sometimes), but you are valuable and loved and you can overcome it even if you fall or fail in some way. Don't give up.
cheftrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Litmz and Bayside,

I know how hard it is when someone you love is ill and in the hospital (my mom passed away in late Sept from septocemia). I just went through this, and I wish I had this forum then. Please know that you can send me a message anytime- losing weight is not the issue at this point in your life, but not losing yourself is. Sometimes things are out of your control (I spent a month in a hospital with my mom) that happens, and afterwards can be worse ( reliving it and all the possiblilities haunt me sometimes), but you are valuable and loved and you can overcome it even if you fall or fail in some way. Don't give up.
Thanks cheftrish. It so heartwarming to know that you can vent or cry on this board and not be thought of as a whiner. Life doesn't stop while we are dieting.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

We went up to Daytona Beach today for Bike Week.......We drove the car (it was raining when we left home, and I'm not hot on riding 2 hrs on the Harley anyway, but especially NOT in the rain) anyway we had to park quite a distance away and ride a tram to the area. I used to HATE riding on trams.....it was hard for me to get on, and off (I'm only 5'2") and that BIG first step is a killer .....plus the seats are pretty shallow. Today NONE of that was a problem THEN a salesman asked me if I've ever sat on one of these BIG custom bikes before.......I hadn't, so I tried it! #1 at 228 pounds he probably would NOT have invited me to sit on it......who wants to see a fat woman on a motorcycle???? :blush: and #2 I probably would NOT have been able to swing my short, fat leg over the seat without hitting the custom paint, so 80 pounds ago I would NEVER have even considered sitting on it, even IF he would have asked if I wanted to! It was a FUN day!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
We went up to Daytona Beach today for Bike Week.......We drove the car (it was raining when we left home, and I'm not hot on riding 2 hrs on the Harley anyway, but especially NOT in the rain) anyway we had to park quite a distance away and ride a tram to the area. I used to HATE riding on trams.....it was hard for me to get on, and off (I'm only 5'2") and that BIG first step is a killer .....plus the seats are pretty shallow. Today NONE of that was a problem THEN a salesman asked me if I've ever sat on one of these BIG custom bikes before.......I hadn't, so I tried it! #1 at 228 pounds he probably would NOT have invited me to sit on it......who wants to see a fat woman on a motorcycle???? :blush: and #2 I probably would NOT have been able to swing my short, fat leg over the seat without hitting the custom paint, so 80 pounds ago I would NEVER have even considered sitting on it, even IF he would have asked if I wanted to! It was a FUN day!
Oh, Mary what a great story about your day! It does sound like fun - I didn't know you were a biker girl:. Congrats on all your NSV's!!
AnnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Oh, Mary what a great story about your day! It does sound like fun - I didn't know you were a biker girl:. Congrats on all your NSV's!!
Well, I don't know about being a "biker girl" but Bill has had motorcycles since he was 16 so our whole lives together we've had them, and I've ridden on the back........we never had the $$$ for me to get my own, so I never even thought about it. He's 6'3" and rides a BIG Harley (Road King) It was a real ordeal for me to get on/off at 228, so I hadn't gone for a ride with him for the last few years.......PLUS I was embarrassed by the way we looked (two huge people on a bike is NOT attractive :blush NOW it's a totally different story!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Today I was looking for pictures of myself pre-Medi, and didn't find many What I did find was the pair of jeans I wore to my first Medi appointment! I saved them on purpose, but had stuck them away and have forgotten where I put them twice! I think I didn't WANT to have proof of how big I was. While I was holding the jeans up Bill snapped a couple pictures...........it's amazing to me. How did I EVER get that big? I used to joke that inside me was a skinny person trying to get out.........I'm NOT skinny yet, but THIS is the REAL ME! Why did it take so long for me to let myself out??? Size 22W to size 10 - 12

I changed my profile picture to me and my old jeans! I'm still trying to figure out how to add a picture right into the post. Maybe I'll have to change my avitar.

Last edited by Mary T8M; 03-11-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Today I was looking for pictures of myself pre-Medi, and didn't find many What I did find was the pair of jeans I wore to my first Medi appointment! I saved them on purpose, but had stuck them away and have forgotten where I put them twice! I think I didn't WANT to have proof of how big I was. While I was holding the jeans up Bill snapped a couple pictures...........it's amazing to me. How did I EVER get that big? I used to joke that inside me was a skinny person trying to get out.........I'm NOT skinny yet, but THIS is the REAL ME! Why did it take so long for me to let myself out??? Size 22W to size 10 - 12

I changed my profile picture to me and my old jeans! I'm still trying to figure out how to add a picture right into the post. Maybe I'll have to change my avitar.
WOW Mary....words can't even describe the change in you....amazing! (ok, so I just told my husband I want to do a picture like that tomorrow....I saved the jeans, tee, and sweatshirt I more to my 1st Medi Appt).
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

Mary, you are actually skinny. Looking great!
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Mary, you look great. I started off with size 26W. I can't wait to get into am 18 to start with (my first little goal). By the way, looking at your profile, I see you quilt and sew.. I do too. I don't raise orchids though..to cold in RI. I have a collection of Rex Begonia's.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysidegal View Post
Mary, you look great. I started off with size 26W. I can't wait to get into am 18 to start with (my first little goal). By the way, looking at your profile, I see you quilt and sew.. I do too. I don't raise orchids though..to cold in RI. I have a collection of Rex Begonia's.
Getting into a REGULAR 18 was a thrill! and one of my first BIG goals. At that point I remember feeling a little "guilty" when I shopped in the regular size departments......like I really didn't belong there Even now I try on size 10's in different styles just to prove to myself that I CAN get them on, and zipped.....many are still a little snug BUT I can get them on......

Orchids are natives in 49 states.....I don't think they are in Alaska, but I might be wrong.....here many are wild, so the one thing they DON'T like is TOO much care.........people tend to "love them to death"! I do well with them because they thrive on benign neglect.....and I can neglect with the best of them!!

I haven't been sewing much (other than mending, and making craft things) for the past year, but I do love it!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shakespeare72
Stats: 328/274/228
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 23, 2013
Today, while my wife and I were out shopping I decided to buy a pair a blue jeans - I only have one and they are four sizes too big. Anyway, I found the jeans I wanted but, unfortunately, they didn't have my size. I'm use to that, but this time, they were all TOO BIG!
Shakespeare72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare72 View Post
Today, while my wife and I were out shopping I decided to buy a pair a blue jeans - I only have one and they are four sizes too big. Anyway, I found the jeans I wanted but, unfortunately, they didn't have my size. I'm use to that, but this time, they were all TOO BIG!
What a great feeling that must be. You must be so proud of yourself.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: clergywife
Stats: 182.5/149.5/125
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/25/10
The other day I REALLY felt like a cheeseburger and frenchfries. I decided I was going to have it and then work out hard the next day. I was REALLY craving it. My husband and I went out and I ordered a cheeseburger but with a small salad instead of french fries and then I ate the cheeseburger without the bun.... To me that's a NSV! I did not feel deprived. I felt like I was making the choice, either way. I felt satisfied and in control. Does it get better than that?
clergywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare72 View Post

Bill is 6'3" so had been shopping at the Big and Tall men's store. Around Thanksgiving he went into the store and asked for a dress shirt 17 with a 37 inch sleeve. They told him they don't carry that SMALL of a size! What a surprise!

Today I wore a shirt I bought at Bike Week 2002! I also got rid of a NEW shirt (with the tags still on) that I last tried on before it got too cold to wear sleeveless shirts, and it was too tight then.......today it was HUGE!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I went shopping for some new Capri pants, and didn't buy any because the ones that I liked the best didn't come in a size 4, and the 6's were too big. Seriously the 6's were too big. I want to shout that from the roof top. 99% of my pants are sizes 6's and they fit great, so I know it was just the brand I was trying on, but still it made my day.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chocolatefan
Stats: 202/162/160
Start Date: February 2011
At Target today and a lady was offering samples of various flavors of Cheez-Its. My two kids lined up to get theirs. I told her, "Sorry, too many carbs for me today! Not on my plan!" And she said, "Oh, YOU don't have to worry about that!"

I'm such a long way from my goal that I just was FLABBERGASTED that anyone would think I didn't need to worry about my weight!

Granted, she was probably just trying to get those Cheez-Its sold and thought I was a sucker, but I was still delighted by her comment!
chocolatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
Went to dinner last night at some close friends house. Her 6 year old son was just recently diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes as well as gluten intolerance. She said she was really struggling with packing his lunch box. Hard for a 6 year old to watch everyone else eat things and he could not. She said she needed my help with menu planning and trying to come up with snacks and items for him to eat. She said that she knew I had been successful on feeding my family while watching my carbs and that they were going to have to change their WOE. I was so proud to show her all the different website with recipes and give her ideas. She said she could not wait to try the Oopsie rolls and pack him some sandwiches using them! The thought that someone was asking me for my advice on eating and menu planning was an eye opener! Previously, my idea of menu planning was whatever fast food restaurant was on my way home!!!!

BTW, I took a bag of Medi Gummies with me for the little guy, and he thought they were awesome.

Also, she prepared an awesome dinner and the entire thing was on plan!

Last edited by kbhayward; 03-20-2011 at 07:16 AM..
kbhayward is offline   Reply With Quote