Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
N2LowCarb, thanks for the tip on food pushers :-) I found some good tips online.

The best one was to not even open yourself up for them to talk you out of it. Say no thanks and move on.. no excuse. As you suggested, I have not mentioned it to my family much (in particular my mother). She is very well meaning and of course I love her dearly, but I know her well also. She can be very critical of something like this (had a younger sister who dealt with an eating disorder). I have talked to my boyfriend about it, because he very good and supportive of me in almost anything I attempt. Maybe I can come up with a code word to say to get him to change the topic of the conversation at home...

Side note: First day down and I call it a success! Tomorrow will be more of a challenge. For now, it is time to get some good sleep!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I changed up some my photo album today (thank you Erin for getting lifting my head up "straight!" and other technical support!)

Here's a preview:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...debbie-lea.jpg
Hi Deb ~ You're SO pretty!! Thanks for putting this avatar upright ~ I got a crick in my neck looking at the other one !
Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Gator- I had a couple of food and drink pushers, simply, at first I was gracious about it, then just started enjoying telling them no lol. Now I have the oooooo don't lose to much more, your to thin!!!! I just laugh, I go ooooo I know!. This forum and a friend who did the program warned me about that, so I was ready for it.

Good Luck on your first week and welcome
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
Gator - Glad you looked up the food pusher sites! My advice is to just "lay low" while you get started & try to keep the attention off of yourself. Good luck during the holidays to all! My Thanksgiving lunch at work is Thursday. I am going to stick with protein & greens -- I'll only have a heaping teaspoon of something if it looks really good.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

afunfish - been a long time since anyone said I was too thin, lol. Soon enough though... soon enough...

N2LowCarb - Thanks! My plan for Thanksgiving is to stick with the protein and ham, I should be able to have some veggies by then as well. I think the other items on the table will be:

yams with marshmallows (probably not good, but so tasty)
pasta salad (probably even worse, but it was never a favorite)
rolls (I know that is a no no)
Stuffing (good thing I was never a fan anyways)
pumpkin pie (I always ate it because it was there... but never because I really liked it..).

So when i turn down the yams, rolls and pie... eyebrows will raise. There is usally wine (and it will probably be good wine considering I bought my parents a wine club membership for their 30th wedding anniversary this past September) and I may have a sip or two because it really is too good to pass up and then pass it off to someone else.

On day two now... It is going alright enough. Have had a slight headache all day. I tried the EAS shake yesterday and REALLY did not like it. I think the remainder of the shakes I have will stay in the fridge for emergencies. I choked down the one yesterday in the car on the way to my softball games, lol.

I don't seem to have any other issues other than the headache and I am little hungry. Don't know if I should count my blessings, or if I am doing something wrong or if the worst is yet to come.. I may be changing my tune at 8pm tonight
Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gator -- I had a headache for about 4 days when I began. Sometime around the 4th day, I began to feel great! Better than I had in years & it has continued ever since. Now, if I "slip up" and eat some carbs, I immediately notice how sluggish I feel & am eager to eat healthy again. Hang in there -- also I lost about 6 or 7 pounds the 1st week. That was all the motivation I needed. The weight loss is fairly quick. You will notice your clothing is looser almost immediately after the 1st week. Good luck. You are going to do great.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 2010
How have you guys handled cooking for you families while on Medi? I find that lately my husband and I eat out so much just because it's easier (I eat so healthy... and he can afford not to ;-) I just hate eating out so much and was wondering if you guys had some Medi solutions for cooking dinners for non-Medi participants.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Melody, We'll grill and I'll have a chicken breast while he'll have bbq chicken breast with a potato. It's easy to eat similar things, my husband just ads more sides and I stick to the protein and raw veggies. If he's having a snack of crackers and laughing cow, I'll have some celery and laughing cow. I'll make him bacon and eggs over easy and I'll have a egg white omlet. We haven't really had a issue and defiantely don't eat out. I'm paranoid about what is in the food I don't know about (butter, oil, sugar, etc). It's actually been fun for us and we have turned it into a game. I appreciate his support, and he's enjoying my weight loss! I hope this helps some! If you need more ideas let me know - I'm full of them. I can talk all day, but I'll spare you

Thanks again for all the support! I had reccomended this blog to my mother and a friend who were thinking about Medi. I am happy to say they both start the program the day after thanksgiving!! I'm so proud of her and can't wait for her to have the experiences I have!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Gator- Glad you found some info about food pushers. My mom has always been a sabotager but with this diet, she has been super supportive because she so quickly saw that it was working. She could also tell that I feel better. She can't aford to do Medi but has referred several of her friends.

It is situations like Thanksgiving that it is good to have celiac as well as being on Medi. I am literally allergic to wheat so bread, rolls, and pie are automatically out. I don't have to do a lot of explaining when I only eat protein and vegetables. It helps in restruants too.

Bought some new keto sticks at Walmart, excited to try them next to my Medi ones which haven't showed me in Ketosis in 2 weeks and find out the real deal.

Melody- We eat out very rarely. I do a similar thing to Paulesthers. I stick to the lean proteins and veggies while my husband and kids get an extra side or two. For instance, I made ribs the other night. (Not the lowest fat protein but that's what we were having for dinner). I set aside a few ribs for myself and put Walden Farms sugar free bbq sauce on them while the rest of the family got the real deal. This way I don't feel deprived and it is a lifestyle, not a diet. I decide what to have for dinner then figure out how to make a medi friendly version of it for me.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyMonkey
Stats: 275 / 264 / 150
WOE: Medi-Weight loss.
Start Date: 11/11/10
So in 3 hours I go for my FIRST weigh in! (well, second really if you count the first sign up appointment at your "first" weigh in) I will keep everyone posted how I do! I'm so excited! I know there's a difference, just not sure how "big". I was "kinda" bad this weekend...it was rough that the weekend during week 1 we had 2 dinner engagements. I was FINE for food..that wasn't hard AT ALL, but I did have a few beers (5 total between the 2 days) and I made sure they were either Mich Ultra (2.6 carbs) or MGD 64 (2.4 carbs). but my ketosis levels have been "Med" since Sunday...so maybe that didn't hurt me TOO bad! WE SHALL SEE!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dixiechickbs
Stats: 190/170/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 4, 2010
fat versus water loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyesthers View Post
Just went for my third weigh in. I'm down 8 lbs fat since last Monday! Now, as I've stated on here that I've felt bloated - well, last week I was up 3 1/2 lbs on water and this week another 5 lbs of water. I'm drinking more than enough water - and they clinic just says with time this will level out and I'll get the "whoosh" effect losing it really fast. Even though the water makes it look like I'm losing less - I see it in my clothes and I can't argue with 8 lbs of fat for one week!
WK 1 - Down 4.5 lbs pure fat (10.7 lbs lost total)
WK 2 - Down 1.5 lbs pure fat (up 3.5 lbs water)
WK 3 - Down 8 lbs pure fat (up 5 lbs water)

14.5 lbs total (FAT ONLY) lost in 3 weeks!!

This is what is happening to me. I just had my weigh in today and NP brought it to my attention that while my FAT loss is awesome - water loss is not happening. I actually gained a little over a lb. in water this time. I am drinking so much water so that's not the problem. She said just keep doing what I'm doing and the water should start dropping. Any updates from you on water loss? Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/173/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Hi all,

Well today was my first day on MWL and I made it through. Phew! I am hungry but happy to be getting started. I met several very succesful MWL clients in the waiting room when I went for my sign up appointment and it was so inspiring! There must be something in the vitamins that makes everyone supportive and helpful! I love these boards and will keep checking in.

Barb
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechickbs View Post
This is what is happening to me. I just had my weigh in today and NP brought it to my attention that while my FAT loss is awesome - water loss is not happening. I actually gained a little over a lb. in water this time. I am drinking so much water so that's not the problem. She said just keep doing what I'm doing and the water should start dropping. Any updates from you on water loss? Thanks!

My water weight was really weird. I lost the first week, was net even for the next 7 weeks, and then lost six pounds of water on week 8. I guess my body was just ready to get rid of it at that point.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody7287 View Post
How have you guys handled cooking for you families while on Medi? I find that lately my husband and I eat out so much just because it's easier (I eat so healthy... and he can afford not to ;-) I just hate eating out so much and was wondering if you guys had some Medi solutions for cooking dinners for non-Medi participants.
Melody - we have a mixed bag here. Some nights my husband picks up prepared food and brings it home. Some nights we eat the same low carb food (like a green bean lasagna last week. Some nights I cook two different meals. I figure that it's a short term problem. Generally the things that I have for myself are very quick to prepare, so it's not a big deal to make my own meal.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyMonkey
Stats: 275 / 264 / 150
WOE: Medi-Weight loss.
Today was my 1st weigh in! Down 6 pounds of weight and 9 pounds of FAT...is that weird? Lost more FAT than total SCALE loss? Not sure what that's all about..but HEY I'm happy! Techically it wasn't a full week...it was 5 days because of when I went for my first Appointment vs when I have my follow ups scheduled. Our office is only open ONE night a week late and they NEVER open early so I can ONLY go on Wedensdays for the followups...which means I can't ever get the midweek injections either. I'm super happy though...6 pounds! That's more than I got in 6 WEEKS at Weight Watchers! YAY~!! My couselor wants me to shoot for a goal of 4 pounds this next week...hell I'm shooting for more than that! Finally can eat veggies! I LOVE asparagus and brussel sprouts so YAY!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the 6 pounds scale vs 9 pounds fat?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Remember me? I'm still holding strong 130-134 depending on how much exercise I got, and hormones. I have been kind of off on my running because of our schedule and day light savings, but I am up to 8 miles without stopping now. I bought a pair of black pants in a size 6 tonight! So everything is going great!

Someone asks about cooking for my family. I got really good at just eating the protein out of "normal" dishes. For example I would make my family spaghetti, with meat sauce, using whole wheat pasta and sugar free (low carb) spaghetti sauce, then I would just eat the meat and sauce no pasta, with a side salad. Or I would make tacos for everyone else, but I would just eat the taco meat on top of lettuce with some salsa. And I grilled a TON! But if all else failed I kept chicken sausage in the freezer at all times and I would grill that when my family was eating something I was choosing not to eat. I still do it this way, but it's a little easier now that I am on maintance. I still eat lettuce wraps instead of sandwiches and I still don't eat the bread for my burgers etc....
Old 11-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyMonkey View Post
Today was my 1st weigh in! Down 6 pounds of weight and 9 pounds of FAT...is that weird? Lost more FAT than total SCALE loss? Not sure what that's all about..but HEY I'm happy! Techically it wasn't a full week...it was 5 days because of when I went for my first Appointment vs when I have my follow ups scheduled. Our office is only open ONE night a week late and they NEVER open early so I can ONLY go on Wedensdays for the followups...which means I can't ever get the midweek injections either. I'm super happy though...6 pounds! That's more than I got in 6 WEEKS at Weight Watchers! YAY~!! My couselor wants me to shoot for a goal of 4 pounds this next week...hell I'm shooting for more than that! Finally can eat veggies! I LOVE asparagus and brussel sprouts so YAY!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the 6 pounds scale vs 9 pounds fat?
I live about an hour (each way) away from my clinic, so can't go for midweek injection so they send them home with us.....and my DH and I give them to ourselves! I think they are a MUST HAVE for me at least. You might talk to your clinic and if you don't know how to give yourself a shot, have them instruct you.
For everyone worried about not losing much water weight, I'd say be HAPPY for ANY loss! One week it will be water, and one it will be Fat......it's just your boday "doing it's thing" As long as you're losing don't overthink it!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I see those that have the clinics so far away. I feel lucky that mine is 5 minutes away from my office.

Day 4 and things have been improving. Day 2 was a little rough in the afternoon. I was getting lightheaded, so I drank some extra Powerade0 for the electrolytes, and that seemed to help alot. Yesterday (day 3) was much better. I was a little shakey and nauseous in the morning, but it passed and I was pretty much fine the rest of the day. In the evening I found that I didn't need the EAS shake I had budgeted for so I ended up less than 500 cals. I know that is not good, so I grilled some chicken to bring me up to where I needed to be. I was surprised when I added everything up and realized how low the counts were!! I added it up 3 times to make sure I was not making a mistake, because I was not starving!

Today I am doing ok, though I still feel like if I move too much, I would be very dizzy. Trying to drink more powerade0 for that and will have a snack here in a little bit. I did test for ketosis this morning and am "moderate". Guess that means I am going well. I feel like clothes may be just a tiny smidge looser, but I might be imagining that..

I will go in for the mid week shot this evening and hopefully that will help me get through the weekend. I am supposed to play tennis tonight so hopefully it will help me get through that as well. I know that they said not to worry about excercise during week 1, but I still want to go out and play. Any thoughts on how to make sure I have the energy for it?

I am also supposed to play volleyball on sunday morning (this is pretty strenuous, we usually end up playing 2v2 or 3v3). If it wasn't for the fact that it is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a weekend where we can have enough people show up, I would back out. But I really want to play. What can I do to have enough energy and avoid feeling like I am going to pass out?

On a side note, I love the breakfast recipies here. I have a bunch of them written on post-its and tucked into my food journal. I tried one of the crustless quiches this morning (the one with egg whites, turkey sausage, and LC cheese baked in a muffin tin). It was awesome!! I just had to make sure that I cooked it a bit longer and broiled it for a minute or two towards the end to crisp it up. I wanted to be sure the egg was firm enough...runny eggs weird me out
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Just had my weigh in today and lost another 3lbs, which was very exciting. I keep getting paranoid that the scale will just stop since I am so close to goal. I hope everyone else is doing well this week. Has anyone been doing weight exercises or body weight exercise?, Does it affect the weight loss? I have just been doing cardio at this time. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
dixiechickbs - when I weighed in on Monday (4th weigh-in and while I didn't lose as much fat I dropped 9 lbs of water! FINALLY!!! I guess just hold on and it'll happen. I was letting myself get discouraged thinking I had to be doing something but nope - just part of the process. Just think how awsome the week will be when you do like I did and drop a whole 9 of just water!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #201
Junior LCF Member

We just had our office Thanksgiving lunch. I only had 2 oz. of turkey and 1/2 cup of green beans. I am motivated by the fact that I am losing again after being stuck in a plateau for a while. Here's to everyone getting through the holidays with a weight loss!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
WOW 9 lbs of water is a lot!!! That's a true testament to just holding on and to keep on going! Congrats!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Wow, I see those that have the clinics so far away. I feel lucky that mine is 5 minutes away from my office.

Day 4 and things have been improving. Day 2 was a little rough in the afternoon. I was getting lightheaded, so I drank some extra Powerade0 for the electrolytes, and that seemed to help alot. Yesterday (day 3) was much better. I was a little shakey and nauseous in the morning, but it passed and I was pretty much fine the rest of the day. In the evening I found that I didn't need the EAS shake I had budgeted for so I ended up less than 500 cals. I know that is not good, so I grilled some chicken to bring me up to where I needed to be. I was surprised when I added everything up and realized how low the counts were!! I added it up 3 times to make sure I was not making a mistake, because I was not starving!

Today I am doing ok, though I still feel like if I move too much, I would be very dizzy. Trying to drink more powerade0 for that and will have a snack here in a little bit. I did test for ketosis this morning and am "moderate". Guess that means I am going well. I feel like clothes may be just a tiny smidge looser, but I might be imagining that..

I will go in for the mid week shot this evening and hopefully that will help me get through the weekend. I am supposed to play tennis tonight so hopefully it will help me get through that as well. I know that they said not to worry about excercise during week 1, but I still want to go out and play. Any thoughts on how to make sure I have the energy for it?

I am also supposed to play volleyball on sunday morning (this is pretty strenuous, we usually end up playing 2v2 or 3v3). If it wasn't for the fact that it is near IMPOSSIBLE to find a weekend where we can have enough people show up, I would back out. But I really want to play. What can I do to have enough energy and avoid feeling like I am going to pass out?

On a side note, I love the breakfast recipies here. I have a bunch of them written on post-its and tucked into my food journal. I tried one of the crustless quiches this morning (the one with egg whites, turkey sausage, and LC cheese baked in a muffin tin). It was awesome!! I just had to make sure that I cooked it a bit longer and broiled it for a minute or two towards the end to crisp it up. I wanted to be sure the egg was firm enough...runny eggs weird me out
Hi Gator ~ it sounds like you're doing great & are really getting into the groove of Medi! Actually, I have one suggestion that helped me in the early days when I'd get weak ~ chicken broth. At the suggestion of my clinic staff, I'd warm up a cup and after that, I'd feel so much better. That and your electrolyte drinks should help. Just watch it when you are super physical, eg, playing volleyball ~ be sure to step out if you get dizzy. I exercised from day one and had almost no problems with weakness... although admittedly not as strenuous as your activities.
Keep up the great work !
Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I had a TINY setback Last night I decided to take a bath after dinner, since it was one of those nights where I wasn't hungry but still wanted to eat. I take a book to the bathroom and read until that feeling passes. So anyway I was getting out of the tub, and slipped.....not sure how that happened but I split my eyelid open, and got a huge bruise on my cheek bone. Bill was able to bend my glasses back into shape, but the worst part is I twisted my knee Not only do I have a HUGE black eye, but I'm limping too! My eye and cheek don't hurt (much) but my knee sure does.........and I was doing SO well with my walking!
We're going to neighbors for dinner tonight, and I'm a little worried. When they asked Bill what we'd eat with kabobs he said "you know, a veggie or salad" they replied "something like rice, or potatoes?" RICE???? POTATOES???
Old 11-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Aww Mary feel better!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Ann,
Thanks for the tip! I had the broth the first two days but haven't really needed it since. I may have some before I play just in case.

Played a little bit of tennis last night and was fine. Though we had to quit just after the first set because the lights were on a timer and went out. We didn't feel like sitting around in the cold (bitter cold-- 50's!!) to wait for the lights to warm back up and come on.

I went to the clinic last night for the shots and also to try some of the Medi shakes. They made me up a sample of the vanilla, with a few ice cubes, and some of the sugar free instant coffee stuff.... and I am pretty sure there was a choir in the back of the office singing the Hallelujah chorus. I was expecting it to be nasty like the EAS shakes but it was fantastic! They also suggested some other things to mix it with, like diet root beer. I love root beer floats and this get pretty darn close.

Although I did have a frustrating morning with my shake... I made a shake in my magic bullet to drink on the way to work. I put a screw lid on it so I didn't spill it on my way out to the car. I got in the car and got on the road and then couldn't get the stupid thing open! I was cursing like a sailor at it for the 30 minute ride to work (maybe I could scare it into submission??). I finally got to work an was able to get someone here (a guy) to open it for me. Then I got to enjoy it Hopefully the rest of my day will not follow that trend....

Best of luck for the weekend everyone!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: subee3
Stats: 208/182.5/155
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
First weigh-in this morning and was down 10.5 lbs! That is more weight than I have ever lost in a week evah! My dr. suggested that I stay on the week one plan and come back next Wednesday (they are closed Thurs and Fri for the holiday) - that way I see another good loss and can still incorporate some veggies for T'giving. So that's the plan...

Only bad news was that my bloodwork was back and my cholesterol and BP are both high and likely in need of meds. This is bumming me out but I have to remember that I am on a road to health and fitness and need to take care of myself. I am basically healthy and haven't seen a doctor (except my gyn) or had a real physical for years so this is part of the wake up call I guess.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
WI was a little disappointing this morning. I was only down .4 overall, which was a little surprising because I had a pretty good week. A much better week than the one before, when I had a total loss of 2.2. But, last week was only .2 of fat, and this week was 3.8 pounds of fat. And they told me last week that my water seemed off. So I think this week's stats are balancing out last week's, and if I have a good week coming up, I'll be back on track and losing fast again. I've seen that happen to others on this board time and again, so I guess it's my turn!

I know it's about the end result and that I need to take the time I need to get there, but I do have something coming up that I was hoping to be down a little more for. I'm producing a big Cabaret fund-raiser in my hometown in January/February, and auditions are in two weeks. I was hoping the loss would be a little more noticeable by then. Lots of people I haven't seen since last Feb, and being a "diva" I guess I was hoping for a little attention!!! I did pull up some pictures of last year, and it is encouraging to know that I'm down 20 pounds from then.

OK, positive thoughts.... to add to the list of things I love about being smaller - I found my waist!!! I'm actually wearing a tucked in shirt with a belt today for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long!!! And I went to the Talbot's outlet two days ago and bought several sweaters that were an L, and they FIT! And I think my feet are actually getting a little smaller, which bums me out a little since I only accepted that I had larger feet about a year ago and got rid of my cute little shoes... oh well, an excuse (not that I need one) to go shoe shopping!

It's great to see the new folks on the board and in the program. Good luck everyone and have a great weekend!

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be” George Sheehan
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Gator- I also have exercised from week one and haven't had a problem. I often drink my Powerade Zero during my workout and plenty of water before and after. You can always add a few extra calories of protein as a snack.

Subee3- nice loss for week 1. You lost over 10lbs, your pants probably really are a little looser. They will be by the end of week 4 definitely.

Mary- I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you knee and other injuries heal quickly so you can keep up the great work on your walking. That is great they let you take injections home. I wonder if my clinic would let me do that. I can never get there for the second shot.

DevaDeb- Don't you love wearing smaller sizes?

I did a self-fashion show from my closet. I wanted to see where I stand in the range. I was a 16 when I started and some of them just fit. The smallest size I have is a 12. Some of them are loose and I have 1 pair of jeans that are over 10 years old from American Eagle. These are B.S. (before spandex) jeans. They will fit perfect in about 2 weeks but I can put them on, button them, and could wear them if I wanted. It's a great feeling!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subee3 View Post
First weigh-in this morning and was down 10.5 lbs! That is more weight than I have ever lost in a week evah! My dr. suggested that I stay on the week one plan and come back next Wednesday (they are closed Thurs and Fri for the holiday) - that way I see another good loss and can still incorporate some veggies for T'giving. So that's the plan...

Only bad news was that my bloodwork was back and my cholesterol and BP are both high and likely in need of meds. This is bumming me out but I have to remember that I am on a road to health and fitness and need to take care of myself. I am basically healthy and haven't seen a doctor (except my gyn) or had a real physical for years so this is part of the wake up call I guess.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Subee - you'll get bloodwork done again when you lose 30 pounds. You may see some significant changes in those numbers by then.
Closed Thread