Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Debbie- Thanks for the input on the medi keto sticks. I actually keep them in a closet outside of my bathroom to avoid the humidity issue and I am very good about only having the lid off while using them. I guess I will buy some from the pharmacy or Walmart. It's a shame because there are a ton left in the bottle. Funny medi story. I was talking to the NP I work with who occasionally fills in as a sub at our Medi clinic. She said that had to get more specific at explaining the ketosticks because someone urinated in the whole container of sticks! lol.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your successes especially as you grow closer to maintenance and wellness. I feel so much in control of my eating since starting medi but occasionally still have a bingy feeling. Last night I ate far more than a serving of raspberries and too many almonds but I figure if that is the worst binge I have, I'm still doing far better than pre-medi.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Wow--it's hard to catch up on everyone after a week away, but I'm really enjoying everyone's posts, the lists, the successes, the incredible shrinking women that we are!

I was in Key West for a week and had a ball, OTHER THAN taking a nasty spill off of my bike and really messing up my knee (and getting lots of other contusions and scrapes). Orthopedist says today that it's a chipped bone in my kneecap--boy, is it swollen, bruised and stiff. At least I was having fun and doing something active when I did it, rather than something boring like falling down the steps on the way to work! I did fairly well on my eating and drinking, staying active and busy. No Key Lime pie for me!

It felt so good to wear small clothes. After my colossal fall, I had to peel off my (really tight) size 6 jeans because of the swelling and BUY some (really expensive) shorts at the hotel where I was taken by friends. They, too, were a size 6! Amazing. Good to be back, and I will keep trying to catch up. No weigh-in this week, since even getting to work will be a challenge. Will have to try innovative ways to exercise for a while.
Great job on your week away. Key lime pie sure does sound good though.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subee3 View Post
Hi-first time posting - just started @ Medi today after reading the forum and checking up on the program online. I am excited to begin - I see all of the successes here and can't believe how well everyone is doing! I've already gotten a lot of great ideas and hope to be a regular poster.
Welcome Subee. This is such a great choice for weightloss and learning to maintain.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Good morning all! Ortal, nice to see you, lady! Are we happy it's Friday???? (I know I am!)

Went to my wellness appointment today and was down another pound. I've lost 9 pounds below my goal just doing maintenance. lol If anyone ever says to me that 500-800 calories is a terrible way to diet, I will vehemently disagree!!! I truly believe that doing acute was what reset my body and my appetite. Even when I feel I've over eaten, it's so so so much less than I used to eat. I've maintained for 5 months now and believe me, I eat PLENTY of carbs, don't deprive myself of an occasional dessert, I drink wine every day, I eat until I'm full, etc. My fat percentage is on the low end. My muscles are defined without killing myself at the gym and my husband told me last night that I have the best butt of anyone he's ever met. lol I'm going to be hotter at 40 than I was at 20. I know that I will NEVER be fat again. It's funny too because the staff at Medi will tell you how negative and skeptical I was about this program. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could achieve these kind of results. I almost quit a couple of times - especially in the first month. I'm so so SO glad I didn't!!!
Your post cracked me up. I hope I can get down to where you are (still losing on maintenance and toned without killing myself). My ultimate goal is to be between 115 and 120, something of which I don't ever remember being. Great job on your maintenance too!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Had my WI today and was feeling like I wouldn't see much if any results. I am happy to say that I am down another 3 lbs (mostly fat) and down a total so far of 39.4 lbs. I was so happy that I treated myself to a mani/pedi. Loved it! So worth losing the 39lbs for.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
as we age we lose 1% of muscle mass every year, and then it's replaced with "fluffy" fat.
EWWW I hate fluffy fat!!! Aaaah! BOY CAN I RELATE. That explains how I'm stuffing my rear end into size 2s.

Sorry, I'm catching up and that post skeeved me out. LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Funny medi story. I was talking to the NP I work with who occasionally fills in as a sub at our Medi clinic. She said that had to get more specific at explaining the ketosticks because someone urinated in the whole container of sticks! lol.
Too funny! At least I hope that the person was in ketosis! Sadly, I do things like that too when I'm in a hurry or impatient!

Thanks for the input on the sleeplessness. I skipped all supplements yesterday and was asleep by 11 (which is on the early side for me). I totally agree that I need to play around with the time I take these. 2pm is usually the latest up until now - I'll try earlier. I have an appt with my endocrynologist on the 24th, so we'll see where I am with the thyroid meds. Don't know if that's the root cause, but it definitely could be an interaction.

Saved the best for last - had my WI this morning and I am officially at 20 pounds! And, they measured my waist for the first time since day one and I've lost FIVE INCHES!!! I've been taking pictures along the way - not with any regularity, just when I happen to be wearing the same shirt. I looked back through them this morning and I really, really see a difference. i can't wait until the change is more dramatic... but I can't believe how much smaller I am around the middle.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be” George Sheehan
Old 11-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Divadeb - GREAT job! I think keeping my photos is what really helped me when I was away from home....I have them in my purse. Man, if I were ever in an accident and someone went looking through my purse they'd have a surprise! You do what you gotta do to get over the MIND game! All said and done I cannot believe I lost a total of 10 or 11 inches around my waist (depending on who at the clinic is measuring me!). You can see my photo album by clicking on my name and going to it. Sorry nothing is organized, labeled, or even "upright!" The avatar photo is me still wearing size 10 jeans, and I've been in size 6 for over a month. Since I still do 35mm I don't have that photo posted yet!

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-12-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Welcome Subee! I finally broke down and hit up Old Navy yesterday. I'm still wearing my old clothes, and most don't look that bad. I am VERY HAPPY to say that I bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller!!!! I wanted to buy more, but I know that these won't even fit in the next few weeks or month. YEAH! I'm feeling so good! I can't believe how much more energy I have eating this few calories then when I was eating anything I wanted.

As far as the Ketosis sticks. I've had issues with the ones from the clinic from day one. The ones I bought at Walmart would show medium ketosis, and sometimes the medi sticks only show minimal if any change at all - when I use them at the same time! I know I'm in ketosis bc I'm shedding pounds but I'm constantly reading that I'm not. I'm going to buy more sticks tonight and just throw out the medi sticks. I've kept them outside the bathroom to avoid moisture, but like I said they really haven't been working from the beginning. The ones from Walmart seem to respond much better~

GO MEDI! GO US!! Happy Friday, and I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Last edited by Paulyesthers; 11-12-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: subee3
Stats: 208/182.5/155
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 11/11/10
Thanks for the welcome, everyone - having a great first day! Looks like I will be the new designated driver on nights out - a group of parents are going out for a drink after a football game tonight and I offered to chauffeur everyone as I'll be having seltzer to drink...

Question about the appetite supps - I was a little leery about taking them as all I could think of was how Dexatrim felt back in the day - made me jittery and wired - but these seem ok - do you take them the entire acute phase?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Subee- I tend to get jittery and wired from stuff and the AS don't bother me. I started with 1/2 three times a day and now I usually take 2 or sometimes 3.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Strange thing happened in the past two weeks: My Medi ketosis strips turned a shade of gray... I mean, in the package they're now gray. I went today and bought the Bayer KetoStix from CVS. I'm keeping them in my office and just taking one in with me when I want to check.

I know the MWL ketosis test strips have been "bad" for folks in the past, but mine were originally fine. I kept them in the "toilet room" of our bathroom in a drawer. There's no running water in there, showers, etc. for the humidity to have "spoiled" them. I wonder what got to them.
http://lcmealplans.wordpress.com
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Cat,
I love your signature!! I really like the idea of size progress too. I'm gonna add that to mine You are doing GREAT!
How's the cooking going? I made a recipe last night I wanted to tell you about, my DH said it should be a "repeater!" I don't have the nutritional info but it is low carb. Feel free to add it to your testing kitchen and resource blog.

Deb's Pesto ChickenPreheat oven to 350
Place 5 cups of clean baby spinach on plate, cover with sl moist papertowel and microwave for 2 minutes to reduce
Mix spinach, 1/4 cup pesto sauce and 1 cup canned diced tomatoes-set aside
Microwave 6 chicken breast tenders for 3 mins, turn; cover with 1 oz of diced tomatoes; return to microwave on high til cooked through
Place chicken on shallow baking dish, cover with about 1/2 cup mozz cheese,
cover wtih spinach/pesto/tomato mixture.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes at 350.

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-13-2010 at 10:11 AM..
Old 11-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Cat,
I like your blog and recipes. Yesterday I bought pork "cutlets" that have already been tenderized and I bought low fat balsamic salad dressing--I think I try that on the stove this evening, or the G. Foreman grill. Last winter I did a lot of cooking on the G. Foreman grill and used flavored salad dressings on chicken to get some variety. Sure helped in acute to have some flavoring, especially early on.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Strange thing happened in the past two weeks: My Medi ketosis strips turned a shade of gray... I mean, in the package they're now gray. I went today and bought the Bayer KetoStix from CVS. I'm keeping them in my office and just taking one in with me when I want to check.

I know the MWL ketosis test strips have been "bad" for folks in the past, but mine were originally fine. I kept them in the "toilet room" of our bathroom in a drawer. There's no running water in there, showers, etc. for the humidity to have "spoiled" them. I wonder what got to them.
I had the same thing happen, Cat. There was no way the humidity could have ruined my Medi strips since they were nowhere near a bathtub or shower. My CVS strips (at a much smaller price, thank you) have given me no problem, and it's been a much longer time... I give my Medi clinic person credit, though ~ she recommended getting the cheaper ones after my Medi strips flaked out on me.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Deb, that's an awesome looking recipe. I LOVE pesto! I will have to give it a try. Let me know what you think about the balsamic pork chops. I realized this past week that I have foregone pork chops for far too long. They are so tasty and cheap! I got 4, roughly a pound of boneless pork chops, for something like $3.50 at the store! Can't beat that for price.

As for size, it's been the chief motivating factor for me for the past couple of weeks. I don't follow the "Protein Power" diet but I reread my old copy of the book because I think Dr. Michael Eades does just a fantastic job of explaining how low carb works. He mentioned in the book that at times, the scale might seem like it's not budging, but that your body is re-composing itself, nonetheless. That is so true! I have only lost a net of 3.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks, but I lost 1.5" from around my waistline! I know it to be true because every Friday I do a waist measurement and log it. Yesterday I was so disappointed at the number, but I was shocked at the waist size difference, to the point that I actually held the tape at the wider number from 3 weeks earlier and just sort of stared at it as it was far out from my waist thinking, "Really? 3.5 pounds and yet... this much slack?" Then I pulled the tape out to my starting waist measurement and stared at it around my waist, again huge and gaping... It's quite motivating.

And Ann, I was wondering if I was going crazy or not! I wonder what made them all turn gray. Clearly it's not the humidity. Maybe just oxygen exposure? Really weird. And I had like 70 strips left. Ahh well...

Last edited by diertac; 11-13-2010 at 02:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Medi strips - Since this has happened nationwide to all of us with Medi strips, I'd say that the company doesn't have very good strips or just isn't having as much turn over as they have amount of product. Who knows what conditions they were exposed to enroute to the clinic too. JMHO

Cat, Glad you will try to pesto recipe! Regarding pork chops, I've been eating pork chops several times a month all through medi, mostly because I have to be in the mood to eat eggs, don't really like egg whites, and so I've made pork chops on the weekend and eaten pork chops that I thawed for breakfast! I don't like the sausage either, so pork chops were a mainstay for me in acute. Besides, even if they are a little dry they make me drink more WATER!

I made some high protein cookies today. I wanted something snacky and invented this. No real obligation to the measurements or the nutritional count. DH even really likes the baked ones.

Deb's No Bake Protein Cookies1/2 cup Krogers honey roasted chunky peanut butter (I didn't dare buy this without a plan!)
1/2 of chocolate Pure Protein bar, chopped into 20 pcs
1/3 to 1/2 c of chopped raw almonds
2 Tbsp craisins
1 oz Flaxseed meal
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 mins, do not overcook. Slowly stir in other incredients til completely moistened. Spoon teaspoonful amount onto plate of instant rolled oats to lightly coat. Place cookies on wax paper. Refrigerate.

Deb's Granola Protein Cookies1/2 c Krogers honey roasted peanut butter
1/2 chocolate Pure Protein bar, chopped into 20 pcs
1/2 to 1/2 c raw almonds, chopped
2 Tbsp craisins
1 oz flaxseed meal
1 egg
1/2 c coconut flour
1/3 to 1/2 c granola cereal (inexpensive)
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 mins, do not overcook. Slowly stir in other incredients til completely moistened. Bake for 8 mins at 350 degree on nonstick surface. Allow to cool.

I didn't put these in the recipe thread because they're probably NOT acute phase friendly with the craisins, and because I'm too lazy to look up the nutritional info. If someone wants to do that and move them over they are welcome too.

I got the first recipe idea from something I saw online from the Dr Oz show, I just made it much more protein friendly by adding the raw almonds and Pure Protein bar and then rolled in oatmeal so they wouldn't be sticky to touch. Then I played with it so I could also cook it. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-13-2010 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Medi strips - Since this has happened nationwide to all of us with Medi strips, I'd say that the company doesn't have very good strips or just isn't having as much turn over as they have amount of product. Who knows what conditions they were exposed to enroute to the clinic too. JMHO

Cat, Glad you will try to pesto recipe! Regarding pork chops, I've been eating pork chops several times a month all through medi, mostly because I have to be in the mood to eat eggs, don't really like egg whites, and so I've made pork chops on the weekend and eaten pork chops that I thawed for breakfast! I don't like the sausage either, so pork chops were a mainstay for me in acute. Besides, even if they are a little dry they make me drink more WATER!

I made some high protein cookies today. I wanted something snacky and invented this. No real obligation to the measurements or the nutritional count. DH even really likes the baked ones.

Deb's No Bake Protein Cookies1/2 cup Krogers honey roasted chunky peanut butter (I didn't dare buy this without a plan!)
1/2 of chocolate Pure Protein bar, chopped into 20 pcs
1/3 to 1/2 c of chopped raw almonds
2 Tbsp craisins
1 oz Flaxseed meal
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 mins, do not overcook. Slowly stir in other incredients til completely moistened. Spoon teaspoonful amount onto plate of instant rolled oats to lightly coat. Place cookies on wax paper. Refrigerate.

Deb's Granola Protein Cookies1/2 c Krogers honey roasted peanut butter
1/2 chocolate Pure Protein bar, chopped into 20 pcs
1/2 to 1/2 c raw almonds, chopped
2 Tbsp craisins
1 oz flaxseed meal
1 egg
1/2 c coconut flour
1/3 to 1/2 c granola cereal (inexpensive)
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 mins, do not overcook. Slowly stir in other incredients til completely moistened. Bake for 8 mins at 350 degree on nonstick surface. Allow to cool.

I didn't put these in the recipe thread because they're probably NOT acute phase friendly with the craisins, and because I'm too lazy to look up the nutritional info. If someone wants to do that and move them over they are welcome too.

I got the first recipe idea from something I saw online from the Dr Oz show, I just made it much more protein friendly by adding the raw almonds and Pure Protein bar and then rolled in oatmeal so they wouldn't be sticky to touch. Then I played with it so I could also cook it. Let me know what you think!
I'm for sure gonna make these this week! On the note of experimental recipes....I am always whipping up something weird in my kitchen...it's about 50/50 whether it ends up edible or not. I based it on bread pudding but of course lower calorie and carbs. Here's what I came up with (I made two batches). (NOT suitable for someone in acute)
Reduced calories/fat/carb Bread Pudding:
6-7 slices of low carb whole wheat bread (not fresh)
3 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter spray
1/2 raisins (optional) or substitute something of your choice (apple, etc)
1 cup egg beaters
2 cups almond milk or non-fat milk (I made one batch with each)
3/4 c granulated splenda or more, to taste
1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1 tsp vanilla

preheat oven to 350
Break/cut/tear bread into small pieces and spread into pan (I used 8 inch square). Drizzle butter spray over bread. Sprinkle with raisins or other. Combine other ingredients in bowl and mix together. Pour over bread and press lightly with a fork so it absorbs the mixture. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top is sorta crispy and springs back up when pressed.

Nutritional info:
8 servings (with non fat milk)
95 calories
.5g fat
18.2g carbs
2.7g fiber
6g sugar
7.3 g protein

8 servings (with unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
84.4 calories
1.2g fat
15.8g carbs
2.9g fiber
6g sugar
5.4g protein

Tastes better with non fat milk versus the almond milk, for only slightly more calories and carbs.

maintenance
Old 11-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
These are some of the best comments ever. Thank you all for sharing your positive results since beginning this WOE.

Some of mine are:
3 clothing sizes smaller
I am working out again & can see muscles developing. Yea!
Since working out, my attitude is much more positive (glass full)
I only sleep 6 hours now - like clockwork, I wake up after 6 hrs (used to sleep 8 hrs)
I only see one chin! and can see bones again -- I can even find my waist.

Like so many of you, I think it is important to remember all of the negatives of being overweight. Nothing helps me like remembering how much I hated looking at myself in the mirror or in pictures. I couldn't handle the truth!! ha ha Anyway, this board has kept me on track now for a long time.

Jo & Susie - I give so much credit to you both for telling the truth. I have to remember "do or do not -there is no try" when I am running out of will power. It immediately reminds me that I have the choice of doing well or not. You two cannot ever leave this site! Your experience is needed by all of us.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Weighed in today... Finally dropping the water! YEAH! I honestly haven't done anything different, so I guess it's just my body adjusting. I'm super strict - my only downfall being I give in to a Diet DP about once a day after I drank all my water. My clinic said most people have success drinking one a day. Do any of you drink diet sodas (in addition to your water)? I'm just curious if anyone has had any issues. I'm thinking about going ahead and trying to go a week without and see if I release more water.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I didn't really limit my diet sodas. As long as it didn't replace the 120 oz. of water I was drinking, I didn't think twice. That being said, I rarely craved more than 1 or 2 at the max because of all the fluid I was intaking. Plus if my caffeine was too high, it made me feel bad. (Since I took the AS and the fat burner anyway.)

It's SO nice having a diet cream soda for a snack.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
New in November

Hello!

I figured this would be agood place to say hello. I just started with MWL today (had my consulatation and initial appointments last week).
I have been trying to lose weight on my own since graduating college in 2007. I have pretty much done the opposite of succeed in that effort. I am at a point where I can really start to see my health and happiness affected quite obviously, so I am very excited about taking the step to fix that.

First day has been going well (of course on my first day I have to leave straight from work to get to a double header softball game...figures, but I have dinner and some Powerade zero packed so I should be fine). No issues yet, but then again I am used to not eating alot during the workday (it is after work that I know will be more difficult for me). My biggest concern is heading to the bathroom seemingly every 5 minutes because of all the water I am not used to drinking. :-)

I am concerned about going home for the holidays next week. Hopefully I can resist temptations but my family is known for peer pressure when it comes to food. I'll get through this week first and then stress about the next.

Looking forward to health and happiness! It will be nice to have a support group through this (the newbie thread was fantastic!).

-Char
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyesthers View Post
Weighed in today... Finally dropping the water! YEAH! I honestly haven't done anything different, so I guess it's just my body adjusting. I'm super strict - my only downfall being I give in to a Diet DP about once a day after I drank all my water. My clinic said most people have success drinking one a day. Do any of you drink diet sodas (in addition to your water)? I'm just curious if anyone has had any issues. I'm thinking about going ahead and trying to go a week without and see if I release more water.
I used to drink a TON of Diet Pepsi mainly......I still drink diet sodas, and even mix my vanilla protein powder with them, but I don't crave them like I used to, so don't drink nearly as many. I've never liked plain water, but do have to admit I like it more now. I get at least 100 oz of plain water, then use Crystal Light, or the Diet Flavored waters sold by Walmart or WinnDixie, and maybe 1 or 2 diet Sodas a day. I really don't have trouble getting in all of my fluids in a day.
I specifically asked my clinic if that was OK, and they told me yes.......I know other clinics have other rules, so you might want to check for sure with yours.
About being "super strict" (JMHO of course) we are all human, so don't set yourself up for failure.....no one is perfect! I've seen too many people really beat themselves up here if they have one little slip! Life happens.......follow the plan, do your best, but LOVE yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself.........there are always plenty of people out there willing to "beat you up", you don't need to do that for them!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Mary said: "About being "super strict" (JMHO of course) we are all human, so don't set yourself up for failure.....no one is perfect! I've seen too many people really beat themselves up here if they have one little slip! Life happens.......follow the plan, do your best, but LOVE yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself.........there are always plenty of people out there willing to "beat you up", you don't need to do that for them!"

And I agree. The plan works, but you have to work the plan. Towards transition and maintenance when going back into previous "enemy territory" give yourself grace for learning how to adjust. The only part that asks for you to be faithful is acute, because you want to see results. If you don't care and don't want results go ahead and cheat. But own up to that and don't allow shame to be a part of your life. We are adults and we've been loving ourselves incorrectly with food in the past. We need a whole new mindset about food in acute and afterward. It's about being healthy. I'm so very thankful that I found Mediweightloss. It's been money well spent and time well invested. And, I came to the point of knowing I was worth that time and money; cuz no one is going to be living in this body except me and I got to the point where I was very, very uncomfortable where my bad choices were taking me in my health and thinking. I am so very thankful for my friends on this site!

BTW - I'm finding for cooler weather (cold!) I like to drink hot herb teas without caffiene, and if you get some that are really flavorful you don't even have to add artificial sweetner. Bonus!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
About being "super strict" (JMHO of course) we are all human, so don't set yourself up for failure.....no one is perfect! I've seen too many people really beat themselves up here if they have one little slip! Life happens.......follow the plan, do your best, but LOVE yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself.........there are always plenty of people out there willing to "beat you up", you don't need to do that for them!
Couldn't agree more! My biggest challenge is getting out of my own head! In the past, if I have a slip up (eating a cookie in the middle of the afternoon, for example) I would chock the whole day up as a loss and go back to my old habits. Then the next day I would decide that I had already lost one day... what's one more day off plan. Next thing I knew I had completely given up and was back at my original weight or higher (ok, always higher!).

My attitude is different this time... I can't put my finger specifically on why. Perhaps it's the support of my center, perhaps it's the accountability of them tracking my intake and weight (no one at WW actually looks at what you're eating all week!), perhaps it's the fact that I'm spending a small fortune to do this, so I really feel like I'm making an investment in myself and my future.

I have found this plan so easy to follow. I know, as I'm putting something into my mouth, whether it will help make me healthier or not. Makes a big difference for me!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

I changed up some my photo album today (thank you Erin for getting lifting my head up "straight!" and other technical support!)

Here's a preview:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...debbie-lea.jpg

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-15-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jen8182
Stats: 166/141/120
Start Date: Oct 2010
I have a question: Today I went for my 5th week weigh in and only lost .5lbs (all fat) grrrrr.... my clinic said I should have a "cheat" meal and then go back to week one for a week to restart my system. Anybody else have this happen??
Old 11-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, you're body has set it's metabolism to be at your 500-600 protein calorie intake. Your body has gone into "survival mode"--thinking, okay, if this is all she's gonna eat then we better just get with it and keep her alive, she needs these fat cells in case the food source runs out. See? Enjoy your cheat meal, it will be more calories and will confuse your metabolism. Then by going back to week one you'll be lower again....further confusing your metabolism, so it HAS to respond. Be sure and drink water, water, water like you're supposed to also
Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Hello!

I am concerned about going home for the holidays next week. Hopefully I can resist temptations but my family is known for peer pressure when it comes to food. I'll get through this week first and then stress about the next.

-Char
You should google "food pushers" - there are several articles on dealing with people who push food on you while you are committed to losing weight. I wish I had been better prepared for this. Good luck! Many of us find it is best to say as little as possible to others while getting started. This was definitely the best approach for me. By the time I had lost 25 pounds, no one had really noticed. I kept wearing my old clothes which were big and baggy. When I was forced to buy new clothes or have them fall off, I had to deal with lots of comments about my weight loss. By that time, I had already developed new food habits.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
I changed up some my photo album today (thank you Erin for getting lifting my head up "straight!" and other technical support!)

Here's a preview:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...debbie-lea.jpg
Debbie...........you're BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy you're right side up now LOVE, love, love the picture of you and Lea
Closed Thread