Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Hi, everyone! I just returned from 2 weeks vacation in central Europe (Czech Republic, Austria, & Hungary). I did pretty well with food and exercise, but am up 4 pounds from my pre-vacation weight this morning.

I am considering this a victory as I did try all of the local delicacies including a few indulgences of local desserts and wine. I never deprived myself of an experience, though I usually kept it to just a bite or 2 (if it was something really good!) We did walk everywhere, lots of walking tours, lots of hiking. I also worked out a few times on our slower days.

Yesterday was a very long day. We flew out of Budapest late due to snow and missed our connecting flight out of Paris. We were awake for about 28 hours straight during which I ate about 7 full meals. It seemed like at every turn, I was eating yesterday, mostly because I wasn't sure when the next meal would be (like I was going to starve or something!?!) Too much food yesterday, dehydration, wine on the plane and no sleep all contributed to my weight gain today. I am back on week 1 today and assume the extra pounds will be gone with a day or 2 of diligence!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I am going to go continue to catch up on everything I missed here on the board.

That sounds like a fun vacation!!! I like what you said about "a day or 2 of diligence' because, sometimes, that's all it really takes. I "enjoyed" thanksgiving. I had tofurky, gravy, lots of broccoli, a tiny side of green bean casserole and even a normal sized portion of stuffing. I ate cream cheese/chipolte dip with celery as an appetizer (a lot of it) and about 4-5 cookies (way too many, but they were good). I try to stick to a fairly strict eating plan (compared to most people) and I figured I wouldn't worry too much about what I ate as long as I didn't feel like I was going to burst. The food I ate was stretched out over about 8 or more hours. I went back to week one for Friday and half of saturday and weighed this morning at the same weight that I normally am. Not too bad. I don't let it get me cocky though because if I get to comfortable then I know I'll eat more all the time instead of just special occassions.

maintenance

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations Suzanna and Charlene!! I am a couple lbs over goal because of not exercising (why do I have boxes on my treadmill?!) and eating foods I haven't had in a long time on Thurs and Fri due to the holiday. Down a lb just since yesterday. Would be smart to do week 1 for several days since it will be closely associated to the higher calorie amounts Thurs and Fri and I can make my body release some excess. I've definitely been drinking LOTS more water the past 2 days, and that always helps with weight loss.

Azurro - Once upon a time I did Medi starting Sept '08 and had lost about 24 lbs only to have a family crisis in Feb '09 and regain it all back because I hadn't yet started my commited exercise routine (which is only to be 2 to 5 times per wk) and had not yet learned how to cope with anxiety other than eating. I'm feeling better anxiety-response wise and learning how to take better care of my SELF. Perhaps that should be part of your goal this time around. In the Books and Blog thread you can read about several of us and what we did at that time, and what has helped. Stick with it. You are worth it!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
i drink about three or four every day and i have lost 46 in eight weeks.. are people still posting here and if someone would post something back to me where do i see it
Old 11-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
Start Date: October 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neneRN View Post
I stopped taking the Fat Burners (and all the other supplements) after the first bottles ran out and I continued to lose at the same rate. Love Medi, best money I ever spent, but it is a business and they do try to make money. I'm convinced the prescribed diet, appetite suppressants, and a good multivitamin are all you need to be successful. But that is just my opinion and everyone's body is different
Just curious... are you still visiting the clinic?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:10 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Suzanna1- that vacation sounds fantastic!! I am very jealous. My boyfriend and I went to Alaska in March to see the Iditarod.... It was a big trip so it will be a little while before we get to take another big trip.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Back to the grind now.. At least now that it is past Thanksgiving I can listen to my Christmas music without people thinking I am off my rocker

I have my second weigh in tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it. It is just about TOM, but hopefully that won't affect it too much. It is usually very mild... Although I read another thread about the effect that the MEDI diet has on it that worried me a little. Oh well. I was a little lax about my water this weekend. I drove from Orlando to Jupiter (not the planet) and back yesterday and I didn't want to have to stop at every rest area to use the bathroom, lol. Today I am back on it though and will flush out anything I am retaining.

On another note, I was worried about awkwardness at Thanksgiving with the diet, but it all went over really well. After my first weigh in I had a conversation with my Mom about the diet. I just gave her some basics (low cal, low carb, Dr supervised) and the name. She then went off and did her own research and is actually considering it herself! Money is of course always a concern. I have two younger sisters still on the "payroll" in college so things are always tight. I had a side conversation with my dad this weekend to see if there was a way he could make it happen for her so that she wouldn't feel guilty. Both of my parents are I think pre-diabetic and getting healthy again would do so much for them in many ways.

On another side note, one of my sisters has decided that she is a vegetarian based on a dream she had (I don't ask questions sometimes...). Of course she forgot that the only veggies she actually likes are spinach, mushrooms, and lettuce. We will see how that goes. She was irritated that most of the food in my fridge is meat, lol. (yes, she has her own place, but I think she stays at mine more often than not)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Good Morning all! We made it through Thanksgiving! It sounds like some of you had some amazing vacations.
I have a question... I've found myself occasionally indulging in sugar free redbull... even the 16 oz only has 3 carbs. Anyone else have any? I'm just wondering how safe it really is - I definately don't want to work against myself.

My mom started Medi yesterday!!!! I'm so proud of her!

Here's to a great Dec!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
:clap::up::up::up:Good Morning all! We made it through Thanksgiving! It sounds like some of you had some amazing vacations.
I have a question... I've found myself occasionally indulging in sugar free redbull... even the 16 oz only has 3 carbs. Anyone else have any? I'm just wondering how safe it really is - I definately don't want to work against myself.

My mom started Medi yesterday!!!! I'm so proud of her!

Here's to a great Dec!

Last edited by Paulyesthers; 11-30-2010 at 07:12 AM..
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyMonkey
Stats: 275 / 264 / 150
WOE: Medi-Weight loss.
Start Date: 11/11/10
need help

Not sure if I should have just started another post for my questions, or not..but I figured I'd post here since there seem to be more monitoring this forum.

I'm having trouble getting BACK INTO ketosis. Here's what's been going on....LAST Friday (week before Thanksgiving) I came down with a nasty flu. Was in bed all weekend, barely ate or drank anything, but what I did eat/drink was ON PLAN. Monday I went to the Doctor and he diagnosed Flu, Bronchitis AND Sinus Infection (yes, I felt like I was going to DIE) Anyway, antibiotics and cough medicine rx. By Wednesday I was finally feeling better and eating more. (again at that point everything was ON PLAN). Then Thanksgiving rolled around. We have a family medical issue going on (Mother in law in hospital) so I cooked dinner for the inlaws and my mother. And I did endulge. I had things I know I shouldnt' have. I did NOT "OVER" do it...just little bits here and there and ONLY on Thanksgiving. My problem is now that my little endulgence seemed to kick me out of Ketosis and I cannot seem to get back in! I have done nothing but Protein since Friday, with the exception that I had a green salad yesterday because I also seem to be constipated and thought the greens would help that. But I cannot seem to get back into ketosis. According to MY scale I am still even with my last weigh in last Tuesday and I weigh in tomorrow. I'm not really concerned about if I lost weight this week or not since I know I did some things I shouldnt' have. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for why I can't get back in. when I first started (only 4 weeks ago) it only took me 3 days to see results on the Keto strips..

THANKS for any info or advice!!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/198/197/193
Start Date: 6.25.2010
Ericak44- Thanks so much for your reply last week. It's nice to know someone else understands the whole big pant thing.. Anyway I did restart week one and pulled out 9lbs last week. What a thrill. Now to just stay on track this week to see what it brings on the scale.. Stay strong. Have a great week..
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyMonkey View Post
Not sure if I should have just started another post for my questions, or not..but I figured I'd post here since there seem to be more monitoring this forum.

I'm having trouble getting BACK INTO ketosis. Here's what's been going on....LAST Friday (week before Thanksgiving) I came down with a nasty flu. Was in bed all weekend, barely ate or drank anything, but what I did eat/drink was ON PLAN. Monday I went to the Doctor and he diagnosed Flu, Bronchitis AND Sinus Infection (yes, I felt like I was going to DIE) Anyway, antibiotics and cough medicine rx. By Wednesday I was finally feeling better and eating more. (again at that point everything was ON PLAN). Then Thanksgiving rolled around. We have a family medical issue going on (Mother in law in hospital) so I cooked dinner for the inlaws and my mother. And I did endulge. I had things I know I shouldnt' have. I did NOT "OVER" do it...just little bits here and there and ONLY on Thanksgiving. My problem is now that my little endulgence seemed to kick me out of Ketosis and I cannot seem to get back in! I have done nothing but Protein since Friday, with the exception that I had a green salad yesterday because I also seem to be constipated and thought the greens would help that. But I cannot seem to get back into ketosis. According to MY scale I am still even with my last weigh in last Tuesday and I weigh in tomorrow. I'm not really concerned about if I lost weight this week or not since I know I did some things I shouldnt' have. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for why I can't get back in. when I first started (only 4 weeks ago) it only took me 3 days to see results on the Keto strips..

THANKS for any info or advice!!
Is it possible that your strips have been exposed to humidity? Perhaps the medication that you're on could impact Ketosis? Cough syrup and the like typically has sugar. Not sure. I was out for the first time the day after Thanksgiving, but back in on the next day by going back to week 1 style eating.

Last edited by kelly4me; 11-30-2010 at 09:52 AM..
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
I made it through the first holiday challenge, woohoo! I was down 2.4 for the week by going back to week 1 after Thanksgiving. It was really nice to have a "real" meal but not completely blow my week. I'm also excited that I'm finally out of the 170's - bye bye 170's!

After hitting a plateau that I just could not break through at 178 twelve or so years ago, I never ever thought I'd see the 160's again. So glad that I did!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
That's awesome Kelly, congrats! I love that you post your weekly numbers. It's very inspiring. My second weigh in is tomorrow and I'm very happy to have Thanksgiving behind me

Barb
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Gator- Glad you holiday went well and your family was supportive. I too wish my mom could join me but financially, I know they can't afford it. Wait until your family sees the results and how good you feel, they will support you even more!

SugarMommyCupcake- Congrats on your great loss!!! We are all in a similar boat. We have lived the same weight struggles for a long time so we get it. We are not alone! I feel like my weight loss is slowing but my pants continue to get bigger. About to reach the point where a big majority of my pants are too big and very few fit nice without beinf frompy. Not a bad thing but definitely an emotional point in the weight loss journey.

Skinny Monkey- It may be your keto strips. My medi strips went bad in about a month though I had about 60 left. I am super careful not to have them near humidity but... I would get keto sticks at the pharmacy and make sure it's not them. It is very defeating to be doing all of the right things and the strips say you are not in ketosis. It could be the cough medicine, etc. They often have sugars in them but I wouldn't think it would be enough to take you out of ketosis. Another theory- I know people who exercise a lot sometimes have a hard time staying in ketosis because they burn the ketones off. I wonder if you being sick and eating very little made you body use the ketones as fuel so you don't have extras to pee out. Just a theory... Just keep eating the right things and the weight will come off, ketosis or not.

Kelly- Welcome to the 160's! Great job with Thanksgiving. Less than a month till the next big holiday. Is you plan week 1 except the day again?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melody7287
Stats: 203/157/135
Start Date: October 2010
Does anyone take Fiber and does that effect your ketosis? I know that everything I looked at has carbs in it, but was curious if it would effect ketosis.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
Start Date: 11/15/10
Second weigh in and down 4.2 lbs! (2.2lb fat)

Total of 14 lbs in two weeks

AND I got a little Christmas tree for my little apartment. It's a good day.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hey everyone! Hope all had a great, low carb, Thanksgiving! I had some Fo-tatos, Low carb green bean casserole, deviled eggs, smoked turkey, and a piece of low carb pumpkin pie with a pecan crust! Tomorrow is my surgery (Pec Lift) ; ) I had my tummy tuck last January.

Skinnymonkey: Ericak44 is leading you right on possible causes for the ketone issues. I have heard that you have to revert to week one and for some people they can show it in 2 to 3 days while others take 5-6 days. I know some people are obsessed with getting a moderate to large reading on the sticks but let me assure you, as long as it shows a trace, it means you are in ketosis and all is good. Most of the 16 months that I lost my 300 pounds I just showed a trace or negative but I am a gym rat (6 spin classes, weights 3X a week, and run 3X a week)! Be sure to mention your concerns to your nurse when you weigh in though! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by jbiggars63; 11-30-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Old 11-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
Second weigh in and down 4.2 lbs! (2.2lb fat)

Total of 14 lbs in two weeks

AND I got a little Christmas tree for my little apartment. It's a good day.
WTG! Keep up the great work!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come on over to our new December thread!

I will ask the moderators to lock this one up shortly.

*.*Decidedly Determined December for MWL*.*

Jo
Closed Thread