Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   New to Medi Weight Loss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/695640-new-medi-weight-loss.html)

David Showers 10-19-2010 09:19 AM

New to Medi Weight Loss

Hello All,

I just started the program yesterday and am very excited about it. A few years ago I lost 70 pounds on weight watchers and slowly gained it back. I think WW is a great program, but I really wanted to learn about food and what it does to my body. I think I have found that with this plan.

I cheated this morning after my first day and weighted myself. I lost 4lbs! I know this is mostly water loss, but sill exciting.

Today, my second day, I have a bit of a headache, but it's less now that I had lunch. So far, no issues with hunger. I'm on the natural appitite suppression pills because the other ones would cause problems with my blood pressure meds.

I'm glad I found this site. Lots of great info.

David

kelly4me 10-19-2010 09:56 AM

David - congrats on making this choice for yourself. I love the program. I can't say enough good things about it! There's a great week 1 thread above, and then each month there's a general chit-chat thread. They're great places to find support!

David Showers 10-20-2010 06:32 AM

Okay, I cheated again. I weighed myself this morning and lost another 2 pounds. That's 6 in two days!

Yes, I am totally addicted the the scale and need to back off a bit, but it's so much fun to see the results.

Today is my third day. I had some headaches yesterday afternoon but some tylenolol (sp) made it go away. So far I don't have any hunger issues but I'm really getting sick of the water. I average 120oz a day with 20oz being poweraide.

All in all a good experience so far.

Desert-Rose7 10-20-2010 11:30 PM

Welcome to the forum, David. Take those scales and put them where the sun doesn't shine. You need to break that addiction as it will frustrate you mightily along the way. The scale is only ONE measure of how you are doing with the plan. AND.....you call it cheating...that is really not a good word to be using at this stage of the game....or ANY stage of this program.

You will be successful by committing 100% body, mind and heart to this program and the tenets it teaches you.

Come over to the thread below for lot of good information for the beginning stages of this program. You will get more responses as well. There are just way too many threads for most of us to get through in a day.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...-week-1-a.html

I wish you great success!

Jo

David Showers 10-21-2010 08:33 AM

Yeah, I know you're right. Maybe I'll throw the scale in the lake tonight!

Mary T8M 10-22-2010 07:02 AM

Hey David and Welcome! :welcome: This is a GREAT site, with wonderful people who will inspire you along the way! Either by praising you or kicking you in the butt!

I have to agree that "cheating" then being all excited with your weightloss is only setting you up for disappointment later on! Toss the scales, then I would say either commit to following the plan, or skip paying the $70 a week and continue doing "DAVID'S PLAN". My DH has started several plans only to spend time trying to figure a way around the "rules"! He'd lose for a while at the beginning, but once he'd lost all of the water weight and easy fat, he'd slow down and couldn't figure out why he wasn't losing any more. This time he's following this plan and has lost 80 pounds. He has about another 30 to go. He has slipped a few times along the way and still had a loss of pounds but he got a little "cocky" 2 weeks ago and went back to what I call "Bill's Diet" and thin was pissed off when he only lost .6 pound! He wanted to quit, but has decided to go back to following the plan and is back to losing.

This plan works you just need to commit to it, and follow it! IF we could lose all of this weight by ourselves none of us would be here!

David Showers 11-02-2010 09:09 AM

Great advice Mary.

I've been on the plan 2 weeks now and am happy to say that I haven't "cheated" once. I have no problem going to dinner with friends and just ordering my plain ole chicken breast.

I truly believe in the plan. I am however a control freak and I'm more obessed with wanting to insure things are working rather than trying to change the plan, or at least I think this is the case.

Tonight when I get home I will have my wife hide the scale. My first week I lost 10 pounds and then 3 my second. I was upset at first... Only 3 pounds?!?! But then I started thinking about how my clothes fit, how much better I feel, my blood pressure is already way down and my blood suger levels are better than they have been in years.

If I never loose another pound I'm already far better off than I was.

So, goodbye scale. I hope.

Thanks for all the great advice.