Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deebert
Stats: 294/183/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Feb 2010
Newbie to board

Hi All:

I am new to this board.

My story is that I have always, ALWAYS, been obese. I was born obese and the weight just keep coming on over the years. In 2003 I discovered Atkins, and lost 125 pounds in 9 months! I felt like I had found the solution! I knew I was insulin resistant, Atkins seemed to solve my BS fall out! I got down to about 201 pounds when I needed an emergency hysterectomy. I was unable to take the HRT because it cause a severe drop in my BS.

Seven years later I had put 95 pounds back on. I understood that my body's chemistry had changed. I started back on Atkins, dropped about 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, then the weight would start creeping back up. So I tried Weight Watcher - flunked out! Gained weight on Nutrisystem. And the call to Jenny wasn't returned! I spent several months working out with a personal trainer. Had dropped calories to 700 a day (low carb)... continued to gain weight.

Trainer indicated that he felt my Thyroid was off. After 5 Thyroid tests in 6 months (all normal). I decided to take my health into my own hands. My research indicated that without proper hormone level, the thyroid wouldn't allow the body to lose weight. So I discovered Bio Identical Hormones. My GYN understood why I the hormone deficit would prevent weight loss. She had lost over 100 pounds on Medi and referred my to the clinic.

Let's just say, I am taking meds for the insulin resistance and the BIH. Life is great!!! I have really enjoyed working with the Medi staff and look forward to being a healthy weight, for the first time in my life.

I surpassed my half-way point several weeks ago. My 'treat' to myself is to go to the Biggest Loser Spa for a week. I believe this will help me over come my self imposed limits when exercising. I leave Oct. 31 for the journey.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and your story. May we all have a wonderful journey.
Deebert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Hi Deebert! Welcome to the board and thank you for sharing your very inspirational story! I've never heard of the "Biggest Loser Spa". I'm going to have to Google that. I have never heard of BIH - I, too, have always had normal T4, T3 and every-other-thyroid-test-out-there readings, but I've had all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. I'm losing weight at a good clip with Medi, but I'm curious about BIH and how it helps too.

Congrats on such a great weight loss to date! Good for you for taking it all into your own hands!
diertac is offline   Reply With Quote