Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Medi No Where in my Area.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/693939-medi-no-where-my-area.html)

sweetpoison 10-05-2010 06:43 AM

Medi No Where in my Area....
 
Can this be done online..... The closest Medi Weightloss is 205 miles from me......... not somewhere I will be driving to.

Vicki

Also was wondering....... what type of protein is in their Protein Shake and what do they sweeten with??? How does it taste.......

Thanks again

msawhitt 10-05-2010 07:40 AM

Well, the eating plan *technically* can be done, but it is so low in calories most people need the medications to curb their appetites. The eating plan, medications, and supplements to take are all tailored to each individual by a physician at the clinic.


Hope this helps!!

Deebert 10-05-2010 02:47 PM

Shakes
 
I can't teel you how the Medi shakes taste. I use the EAS Carb control (premixed) shakes. I get them at SAMS for less than $1 per shake. 110 calories, 1 to 2 grms carbs and very low fat.

They are pretty tasty.

sweetpoison 10-06-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msawhitt (Post 13962707)
Well, the eating plan *technically* can be done, but it is so low in calories most people need the medications to curb their appetites. The eating plan, medications, and supplements to take are all tailored to each individual by a physician at the clinic.


Hope this helps!!

Could you tell me what they use to sweeten their shakes and stuff???

Vicki

msawhitt 10-06-2010 07:40 AM

The only sugar sources in the chocolate shake (the only one I have on hand) is sucralose and lactase. There is no Splenda or anything like that, if that is what you are asking.

sweetpoison 10-06-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msawhitt (Post 13966140)
The only sugar sources in the chocolate shake (the only one I have on hand) is sucralose and lactase. There is no Splenda or anything like that, if that is what you are asking.

Thank you..... but sucralose is the generic name for Splenda.

Vicki

Mary T8M 10-07-2010 06:26 AM

I use (sometimes) Syntrax Nectar. It is Aspartame Free, but is sweetened with sucralose. It is 90 calories, and 0 carbs.

That said....you don't HAVE to use ANY protein drink if the sweetener concerns you. It appears that you have been on LCF site for a while and know that you can do low carb (even low fat, low carb) by eating "clean" without ANY processed foods or additives! Stacey is correct about saying the centers prescribe an appetite suppressant, but I know there are some people who do not/can not use them. Other people use products that they buy "over the counter".

msawhitt 10-07-2010 07:07 AM

Lol...how embarrassing! For whatever reason, when I wrote that I was thinking "sucrose", which is obviously not Splenda but also has no business in a Medi product : )


Sorry!!!

sweetpoison 10-07-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary T8M (Post 13969485)
I use (sometimes) Syntrax Nectar. It is Aspartame Free, but is sweetened with sucralose. It is 90 calories, and 0 carbs.

That said....you don't HAVE to use ANY protein drink if the sweetener concerns you. It appears that you have been on LCF site for a while and know that you can do low carb (even low fat, low carb) by eating "clean" without ANY processed foods or additives! Stacey is correct about saying the centers prescribe an appetite suppressant, but I know there are some people who do not/can not use them. Other people use products that they buy "over the counter".

Right.... I am aware of that! I simply ask her what it was sweetened with in case I was interested in it.

Vicki

Mary T8M 10-07-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpoison (Post 13971079)
Right.... I am aware of that! I simply ask her what it was sweetened with in case I was interested in it.

Vicki

whoa lets back up, I'm not attacking you or anything and I sincerely apologize if you felt I was......I just didn't want you to think you HAD to have the protein shakes to "do" Medi. Several people don't want the additives, so I was just letting you know that it is possible to do the low car, low fat, low calorie "clean".
:welcome:
Welcome to the site. Everyone here is great and very supportive!

sweetpoison 10-08-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary T8M (Post 13971987)
whoa lets back up, I'm not attacking you or anything and I sincerely apologize if you felt I was......I just didn't want you to think you HAD to have the protein shakes to "do" Medi. Several people don't want the additives, so I was just letting you know that it is possible to do the low car, low fat, low calorie "clean".
:welcome:
Welcome to the site. Everyone here is great and very supportive!

Yes, I did feel you were coming on a little strong. I have been around... way to long:laugh: and wanted to be sure of the sweetener because I don't use Aspertame... at all! I was "considering" ordering the protein powder. I have tried to stop using splenda... but that only works for a few days.. and then I am right back where I started. I should have been through with this journey years ago.... but.... alas... I am still here!

Vicki


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 PM.