Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Inspired by Medi diet... On the right path? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/693296-inspired-medi-diet-right-path.html)

kott0n 10-01-2010 02:20 AM

Inspired by Medi diet... On the right path?

First off my names Reese. Hello forum

I started this weight loss process after my mom and have had great success on the Medi diet. Due to the cost of the diet I tried to find a similar cheaper approach. My goal was to loose 100lbs. Starting weight was 392, ideal body weight for frame size (large) being about ~260.

What I have been doing:
Eat within 15min of getting up.
Eat every 3 hours on the dot.
Dinner consists of a lean meat (7% ground beef, chicken breast, sirloin steak) and a green (green beens, broccoli, peas, green peppers)
Eat 3 hours later if still awake

I drink at least 1 32oz thing of water and 1 32oz coffee daily. Coffee is black.
No sugar intake, no carb intake, low sodium.

My Meal periods consist of a shake from Premier Nutrition, stats:
Based on 2,000 calorie DV
11 fl. oz.
Cal. 160
From Fat: 30
Total fast 3g
Sat 0
Trans 0
Cholesterol. 15mg
Sodium 330mg
Potassium 680mg
Total Carb 5g
Dietary fiber 3g
Sugar 1g
Protein 30g
All the following are at 25%
Vita A, Calcium, Vita D, Vita k, Riboflavin, Vitamin b6, Vita b12, Pantothenic acid , Iodine, Zinc, Copper, Chromium, Vitamin C , Iron, Vitamin E, Thiamin Niacin, Folate, Biotin, phosphorus, Magnesium, Selenium, Manganese, Molybdenum.

If I get hungry in between I have had no sugar peanut butter on melba toast crackers.

I play basketball once or twice a week for 30min. Otherwise I'm at a desk or on the couch.
I have been doing this for 22 days thus far. I have lost 24lbs thus far.

I do not eat any fruit as I was told the sugar would counter act the ketosis effect of the high protein diet. Not sure if thats right, goes against common sense to not eat fruit.

Thus far is totally doable. Does this sound like a healthy way to lose weight?

kott0n 10-01-2010 11:16 PM

Anyone try a similiar approach?

msawhitt 10-02-2010 12:22 PM

Just to give you some input...

This plan does not sound *quite* like what we do with Medi WL. Medi is a NO carb (most of us eat at or under 35 grams for a whole day) diet that is medically supervised by a physician and HEAVILY supplemented with vitamin/nutrient injections and supplements, along with added carb-free electrolytes. We eat a specific amount of lean protein calories each day, usually around 500-700, but as determined by a physician and dietitian for our individual needs. A very small amount of vegetable is added to this (around 2 cups/ servings each day), again tailored to an individuals needs. On the plan, we are also expected to be as active as possible MOST days of the week.

I think I can speak for us all that I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss and your plan! I completely understand the struggle with the cost of the Medi program. Although a support system is SO important, I find this message board to be a crucial part of my success, maybe the Medi-specific discussions might not be your *best* resource! There are several different diet-specific forums, maybe there is one that is a little closer to your plan and where you could maybe find some more helpful advice?

Hope this helps!!

sweetpoison 12-20-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msawhitt (Post 13954100)
Just to give you some input...

This plan does not sound *quite* like what we do with Medi WL. Medi is a NO carb (most of us eat at or under 35 grams for a whole day) diet that is medically supervised by a physician and HEAVILY supplemented with vitamin/nutrient injections and supplements, along with added carb-free electrolytes. We eat a specific amount of lean protein calories each day, usually around 500-700, but as determined by a physician and dietitian for our individual needs. A very small amount of vegetable is added to this (around 2 cups/ servings each day), again tailored to an individuals needs. On the plan, we are also expected to be as active as possible MOST days of the week.

I think I can speak for us all that I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss and your plan! I completely understand the struggle with the cost of the Medi program. Although a support system is SO important, I find this message board to be a crucial part of my success, maybe the Medi-specific discussions might not be your *best* resource! There are several different diet-specific forums, maybe there is one that is a little closer to your plan and where you could maybe find some more helpful advice?

Hope this helps!!

Kinda sounded like you were telling her to look elsewhere for support because she was not doing it exactly as the Medi diet...... kinda harsh. She was doing her version that was affordable for her.