Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Hey everyone! I had my weigh-in today - down 3.1, but 3.6 in fat. I'm sort of curious about water vs. fat for most people. So far, I've lost 22.1 pounds of fat, 3.7 pounds of water, and another 1.3 pounds of fat free mass. That seems like very little water to me. Is that similar to others? I have a really hard time figuring out the whole body composition thing.

I find it odd that my fat free mass (105 lbs) is identical to my friends when I'm 5'2" and she's 5'8". Do I just have heavy guts? I'm not all that muscular. If I calculate my weight based on the recommendation of 23% fat - I'd get down to 136 pounds - which is high for my height. Basically, if that calculation is accurate (the one at the bottom of my Medi receipt) - I'd never be able to get down past the absolute highest gov't recommended weight for my height. The high end of the range on my ticket would equate to 159 pounds, which is 1 pound short of obese for my height. Weird!! Does anyone else have numbers that don't seem to work out like this?

Aside from being confused by the numbers, I'm really pleased with my progress so far. I'm really hoping to hit the 30 pound mark next week.

I got my cholesterol numbers today from my thyroid doctor. They're the best that they've ever been - 182 total, and triglycerides down to 70. Lovin' it!!

I just looked at my stats and in the 113 lb of weight that I lost only 15 lb is water, I am 5'2" and fat free mass is shown as 99 lb (that's muscles plus water), with 41 lb of fat which is 29.7%. That fat mass is right in the middle of desirable range. Yoo are right, the upper limit of the fat mass would put me in the overweight category. But who knows, may be body composition would be different and a person would still weigh the same, will not be in the overweight category and just have a higher fat%. I think all this is not an exact science, it just give you some rough idea of the trends that are going on as you lose weight.
__________________
Irina

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Hey everyone! I had my weigh-in today - down 3.1, but 3.6 in fat. I'm sort of curious about water vs. fat for most people. So far, I've lost 22.1 pounds of fat, 3.7 pounds of water, and another 1.3 pounds of fat free mass. That seems like very little water to me. Is that similar to others? I have a really hard time figuring out the whole body composition thing.

I find it odd that my fat free mass (105 lbs) is identical to my friends when I'm 5'2" and she's 5'8". Do I just have heavy guts? I'm not all that muscular. If I calculate my weight based on the recommendation of 23% fat - I'd get down to 136 pounds - which is high for my height. Basically, if that calculation is accurate (the one at the bottom of my Medi receipt) - I'd never be able to get down past the absolute highest gov't recommended weight for my height. The high end of the range on my ticket would equate to 159 pounds, which is 1 pound short of obese for my height. Weird!! Does anyone else have numbers that don't seem to work out like this?

Aside from being confused by the numbers, I'm really pleased with my progress so far. I'm really hoping to hit the 30 pound mark next week.

I got my cholesterol numbers today from my thyroid doctor. They're the best that they've ever been - 182 total, and triglycerides down to 70. Lovin' it!!
Kelly - I try not to get to caught up in the breakdown of my weight, sometimes I'm not too sure how much I buy into that stepping on a scale for 3 seconds tells me exactly how much water/fat/muscle/etc my body is made up of. I look at the overall number - as long as the weight on the scale is going down, I'm happy! Plus, I've started to "know" my body a little better - I know when my water weight is up/down due to how much water I've drank/exercise/sodium intake/TOM.

I just went and looked at this weeks scale printout - 38.0% fat, 68.6 lb fat mass, 111.8 lb ffm and 81.8 lb tbw (for a total of 180.4 lbs, at 5'6"). My desirable ranges are 21-33% and fat mass of 29.8-55 lbs. So, I guess my goal is to lose about another 20 lbs, should be pretty accurate.

But in the end - I just want to be healthy and fit (oh, and wear those size 10 jeans I bought today...which are still TOO tight, but the 12's are getting looser!).
__________________
~Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Debbie, I am in transition and my weight is different every day (weighing myself every morning at the same time) - it is every number between 139 and 142 - I don't know if it is normal. It is pretty upsetting.

Keri, around 90 lb weight loss, inspired by Debbie and lins I started jogging/running. I never ever attepmted that even during previous substantial weight loss periods. I followed coach to 5K program and to my complete astonishment, I now jog 45 min non-stop (more than 4.5 miles) and it is not diffucult! But to be honest, I still enjoy walking more than jogging because you can carry a conversation (with my husband).

So keep jogging - you will get there in no time.
Irina,
I'm rooting for you - WOW! Incredible that you are running 4 1/2 miles in 45 mins!! I ran my last 5K (3.1 miles) in 42 mins& 44 seconds -- you'd be one of those real runners who ran right past me jogging along at my steady pace! I'm so glad the Couch to 5 K program helped you too!
Regarding 139-142, don't worry about it. I was recently up to 141.6, almost 142 and would have been all emotionally upset about it but the clinic showed me I was up 4 lbs in water and still had lost a smidge in fat....part of the change was adding in the starches and then eating too many nuts for snacks! The scales will always be up and down....something that really, really helped me was to take my camera and ask the counselor to take photos along the way when I visited the clinic...I did this every 2 months (in black bra and jeans)...WOW, what a difference. I cannot lie to myself that 10 lbs won't make a difference....I see where it goes!
__________________
Debbie
May 2014 Up to 203 lbs
Current:197.3/196.5/196/195/194/193/192/191/190/189/188/187/186/185/184/183/182/181/180/179/178/177/176
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member
 
Charlene4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 307
Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
i need to go to bed but I had to share my latest victory.
I had a biometric screening at work this morning and my body fat is at 21.7!! This overjoys me....I have been working out so hard because I want to get to about 20% and now I am so close. The funny thing is that I have actually gained a couple pounds since I started transition and maintanence....my size is still the same but more pounds.....weird. My body fat was right around 24 last time it was checked (about a month now as I missed appt in between). Satisfaction is sweet....
__________________
Charlene

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations Charlene!! And you have been so faithful with your accountability....perhaps I should follow your "diet" for a while since I now know I have no food allergies!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member
 
dodgern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Matthews,NC
Posts: 217
Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Charlene....

Just a thought on the gain even though the fat mass is down.
Remember that working out can cause muscles
Any gain you have now is probably muscle mass...embrace this because it helps you keep weight down even though you might not exercise more. Your resting BMR increases (basal metabolic rate) thus burning more calories!

Congrats!!!!!!!

cindy
dodgern is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member
 
dodgern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Matthews,NC
Posts: 217
Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
To All You Runners.....


I'm so jealous
I can't run due to a knee injury back in high school.
BUT, boy oh boy, I can walk a mean mile

Nice to see y'all are doing so well!!!
Don't forget to look into the maintenance thread too...this thread stays open so all questions and concerns can be asked there too.!!!


cindy
dodgern is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 04:13 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
<P>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Keri - You didn't mention that in your 5 to 8 miles daily, with the first mile being jogging, you are pushing a stroller with a toddler in it! Are you still doing that? You are getting such an awesome workout, girlfriend! Don't you doubt it. And, as your endurance gets better your toddler gets heavier (because she's growing) and you are further adding to your endurance!</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Ann - Congratulations on reaching your goal. I'm not even a handful of years younger than you and I've put up with this weight for 20 years too, and I'm now at my healthiest in the past 22 years fitness-wise. Look what we can do!! I know what you mean about feeling great! BTW, how tall are you?
</P>

Thank you! I'm barely 5'2"... the clinic says my fat mass is good now, but my still freakishly large butt and thighs tell me otherwise . I have a feeling that the last 3 months haven't been the hardest part... "toning" certain areas must certainly sound easier than it is! I'm just doing Curves, walking and my treadmill now (one per day). I may have to join all you inspirational runners to shape up... you are my heroes, but I'm not a runner at heart (who is, right?)
TGIF to all ~
AnnK is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ann and Cindy, I'd never been a runner previously. This AM scared me....it was 46 degrees outside this AM and in just taking the trash to the curb this AM my arthritis in my neck, upper back was aching so I took an Aleve. I'd wanted to jog this AM but decided against it outside knowing that I'd be "splinting" the pain by scrunching my shoulders up and ending up with muscles spasms in my shoulders/upper back; which I already fight against being an online student sitting at the computer for somedays 14 hours and otherwise just carrying my stress up there. So, here it is 9am and I haven't exercised yet. Think I'll get on the treadmill here at home. Not my favorite. I'll wait til Dr Oz comes on at 1000 so I can be distracted and feel it was a productive break away from studying. I'm so bummed that I may have to be stuck indoors this cool fall and winter season--forgot about the achiness with my neck. I was hoping that went away with the weight! I also get arthritis pains in my fingers. I don't want excuses for NOT running, but I don't want to be dreading the pain either....so this may be the solution afterall. I love my interval hills outdoors and had just mapped out a 5K route! Keep me accountable, friends, I'd rather be outdoors but pain is making me move it indoors--don't want to give up just cuz it's not my favorite.
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member
 
diertac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 91
Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Fat Friday - Every Friday morning I have a tradition. I weigh in on my scale (my Medi weigh in is Tuesday) and then I measure my waist with a tape measure. Then I go into my closet behind the door and pencil in the results. Then I try on my "mean size 12" pants - A pair of Land's End Jeans with ZERO give or stretch in them.

It's sort of a way to remind myself before the weekend of what I'm doing - to help keep my focus.

Well, this morning, they fit! Oh, my butt, and the jeans themselves, weren't entirely happy about it, but I got them on, buttoned and zipped without having to go into wild contortions! I hung them back up on the back of the door, to give it another whirl next Friday.

Soon, I will be able to find my least forgiving size 10 jeans to hang on the back of the door!
diertac is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member
 
slbpl61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 72
Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Been on a 2 month break from Medi. After thinking I can do this on my own and researching other similar plans.....I could have been at my goal!! LOL

Seriously, some factors have prevented me from getting back into the weekly weigh-ins but I am returning next week. My clinic said when I told them I needed to take some time off, I may need to have my blood work taken again for a nominal fee. I would never have to pay the initial start up fees though. Does anyone know how much time has to go by before that becomes a possibility? They are already gone today so I will call them Monday to be sure.

Stacey....thanks for sharing e-mealz! What a cool site!
__________________
Susan
slbpl61 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member
 
losing in Ftm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 138
Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
My clinic said when I told them I needed to take some time off, I may need to have my blood work taken again for a nominal fee. I would never have to pay the initial start up fees though. Does anyone know how much time has to go by before that becomes a possibility?

My friend took a break for medical reasons for 5 months and managed to lose the rest of her weight on her own. But she is going back now so she can go through their wellness program. She was told that there was no restart cost for 9 months after your last visit. But her bloodwork has to be done again because of the wellness program and she was told that it was part of the $124 package.
By the way this is new info to me, do other clinic charge this too? The $124 wellness initial fee and then $70 for the monthly fee with StaySlim, MediMelt and monthly shot included. When I signed up it was $35 a month for weighin and you could pay $20 for both shots if you wanted it.
I get to chose which way I want to go since I am 'grandfathered' in. Any feedback from those already in wellness would be appreciated as I need to let them know in a couple of weeks.
__________________
Losing in Ftm
losing in Ftm is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member
 
kelly4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 167
Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Kelly - I try not to get to caught up in the breakdown of my weight, sometimes I'm not too sure how much I buy into that stepping on a scale for 3 seconds tells me exactly how much water/fat/muscle/etc my body is made up of. I look at the overall number - as long as the weight on the scale is going down, I'm happy! Plus, I've started to "know" my body a little better - I know when my water weight is up/down due to how much water I've drank/exercise/sodium intake/TOM.

I just went and looked at this weeks scale printout - 38.0% fat, 68.6 lb fat mass, 111.8 lb ffm and 81.8 lb tbw (for a total of 180.4 lbs, at 5'6"). My desirable ranges are 21-33% and fat mass of 29.8-55 lbs. So, I guess my goal is to lose about another 20 lbs, should be pretty accurate.

But in the end - I just want to be healthy and fit (oh, and wear those size 10 jeans I bought today...which are still TOO tight, but the 12's are getting looser!).
Keri - I totally agree and I get what you're saying, I'm just a math geek at heart with a strong "need to know" drive. Also - If 135 - 160 is truly a reasonable range for my body structure - it sure would have been nice to know that years ago when I beat myself up those weights! I've always known that I was a "big boned"/endomorph body type, but the BMI charts don't take that into account.

On a positive note, my thyroid medicine is really working on reducing my swelling in my feet! My husband said that my toes are getting thinner and my cankles are going down. I also have less of a "moon face". I've never had those things happen at this weight before. I measured my feet today and I've gone from an 8W to between a 7 and 7 1/2 medium shoe. That absolutely thrills me. When all is said and done, I'll be able to buy some cute shoes. I can't wait. Having wide feet was so limiting for things like sandals because so few brands come in a wide style.

I could use a few positive thoughts. I found out that my thyroid problems are due to having Hashimoto's disease. Basically, it's an autoimmune condition where my body is attacking my thyroid. I've been feeling some "fullness" in my neck for some time. I thought for some reason my epiglottis was getting swollen. It's been my thyroid pushing on my windpipe and/or esophagus. I had an ultrasound this morning to see if it's just swollen or if anything else is up. I should find out the results on Monday, but I'm a little worried in the meantime. Hashimoto's can cause swelling, so it may just be that and the thyroid medicine should help it over time, or it could be nodules. I'm hoping for just swollen. I'm so thankful that Medi found the base thyroid issue so that I could have it treated!
__________________
Kelly

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
kelly4me is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member
 
Charlene4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 307
Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hi Charlene....

Just a thought on the gain even though the fat mass is down.
Remember that working out can cause muscles
Any gain you have now is probably muscle mass...embrace this because it helps you keep weight down even though you might not exercise more. Your resting BMR increases (basal metabolic rate) thus burning more calories!

Congrats!!!!!!!

cindy
That's what I was wondering about.....is it physically possible to GAIN MUSCLE?? I always kinda assumed it just kinda replaced the fat.....the only part of me that got sorta larger is my thighs, which is ironic since that is my problem area and I purposely work on them to get them smaller...but now they have more muscle and better definition. I'm sure I can google the fat/muscle gain thing...but I'm just too lazy and tired right now. :blush:
Charlene4 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Fat Friday - Every Friday morning I have a tradition. I weigh in on my scale (my Medi weigh in is Tuesday) and then I measure my waist with a tape measure. Then I go into my closet behind the door and pencil in the results. Then I try on my "mean size 12" pants - A pair of Land's End Jeans with ZERO give or stretch in them.

It's sort of a way to remind myself before the weekend of what I'm doing - to help keep my focus.

Well, this morning, they fit! Oh, my butt, and the jeans themselves, weren't entirely happy about it, but I got them on, buttoned and zipped without having to go into wild contortions! I hung them back up on the back of the door, to give it another whirl next Friday.

Soon, I will be able to find my least forgiving size 10 jeans to hang on the back of the door!
I love this idea! I put a tape measurer in the bathroom because I planned to measure weekly but got out of routine. I like your proactive weekly plan!

BTW - go to the user control panel and click on stuff and write in your before, current, and MWL goal weight; and your height. It will help keep you accountable too, and we can watch your progress!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Kelly - Praying that you are right, and it's not nodules. I'm so glad Medi found that out for you! Medi diagnosed me with insulin resistance and I started Metformin....I'm so glad we are being cared for carefully!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #227
Junior LCF Member
 
LostinAusten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 38
Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Hi kids! The last time I checked in was March. It's been a really crazy year. Our 2 year old stopped talking and lost all words and most sounds. It was a horrible summer as she regressed further and further. Head banging and other really hard things started. We were able to (by begging) get into see all of the specialists necessary and she received a diagnosis of autism. By the grace of God, some great doctors, and an intensive ABA program, our child is getting better. I heard "Mom" again last month and now we hear some words again and some imitation. ABA therapy is 70 to 150 per hour and kids with autism need 30 to 40 hours per week. Insurance does not cover therapy and Texas does not have any help available for ABA therapy or much else. So, I dropped Medi for a while to take care of my family.

It has been 7 months and I think I'm going to give this a try again. I just didn't feel like I clicked at my previous clinic. I might try a new one this time in order to get a little closer to home. Does anyone go to the one in Flower Mound?

I'm proud of myself for not gaining weight, but I'd really like to get a little healthier now that we have completed the huge amount of tests, doctor visits, etc. and are working the therapy programs for this year that we have set up. I look and feel about 25 years older than I should right now. Probably from all of the lack of sleep (our child sleeps very little) and all of the running around and calming tantrums. It's stressful. But also I want to have more energy to help the other brave parents and kids that I have met. There are so many families worse off than us. We are VERY lucky that our child is talking a little bit again and is sort of "coming back" to us. This is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I can't imagine how hard it must be for other families. Anyway.

I am so proud of all of you that I remember from the Spring. Fit2010, is that you? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job, girl! You are my inspiration!

Thanks for listening.
LostinAusten is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
LostinAusten!!!! I've missed you, girlfriend! Bless your heart and your 2 year old. How sad and scarey, and insurance frustrating!! I don't blame you for giving up on clinic visits, but how awesome you didn't give up on YOU and regain what you'd lost. We started LCF at the same time!!! You can do this, friend and I'd be glad to be your biggest cheerleader!! If you like, you can write what you're eating, how you're exercising on the Energy In (Food)/Energy Out (Exercise) thread that I started at the request of you and others from around that time If you look at some of the more recent posts in October you'll have to remember that lots of us are in transition and maintenance now and may be eating more carbs than you are allowed in acute. But you are SO close to goal right now! How tall are you?!
Geez...I just wish I could give you a hug and welcome you back and let you know that though I get crazy busy with grad school assignments and working, one nice thing about this site is that I can "catch" up at times....so I'm listening to ya!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-15-2010 at 09:41 PM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
New SIDEWAYS avatar! I'm such a dyslexic computer novice! If you look at this avatar, and then click on my Fit2010 "name" then view public profile it will take you to a before photo....This new avatar is minus 50 lbs.

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-15-2010 at 10:59 PM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
Hi kids! The last time I checked in was March. It's been a really crazy year. Our 2 year old stopped talking and lost all words and most sounds. It was a horrible summer as she regressed further and further. Head banging and other really hard things started. We were able to (by begging) get into see all of the specialists necessary and she received a diagnosis of autism. By the grace of God, some great doctors, and an intensive ABA program, our child is getting better. I heard "Mom" again last month and now we hear some words again and some imitation. ABA therapy is 70 to 150 per hour and kids with autism need 30 to 40 hours per week. Insurance does not cover therapy and Texas does not have any help available for ABA therapy or much else. So, I dropped Medi for a while to take care of my family.

It has been 7 months and I think I'm going to give this a try again. I just didn't feel like I clicked at my previous clinic. I might try a new one this time in order to get a little closer to home. Does anyone go to the one in Flower Mound?

I'm proud of myself for not gaining weight, but I'd really like to get a little healthier now that we have completed the huge amount of tests, doctor visits, etc. and are working the therapy programs for this year that we have set up. I look and feel about 25 years older than I should right now. Probably from all of the lack of sleep (our child sleeps very little) and all of the running around and calming tantrums. It's stressful. But also I want to have more energy to help the other brave parents and kids that I have met. There are so many families worse off than us. We are VERY lucky that our child is talking a little bit again and is sort of "coming back" to us. This is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I can't imagine how hard it must be for other families. Anyway.

I am so proud of all of you that I remember from the Spring. Fit2010, is that you? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job, girl! You are my inspiration!

Thanks for listening.
Hi Austen ~ I started Medi in July & it's been very good to me! My thoughts and concerns go out to you with all that you and your family have on your plates with your child. In a "past life" I worked a lot with autistic kids & their families, and have a feel for how difficult it can be, in many ways. You sound like you have a wonderful attitude & understand that you now need to care for yourself again so that you can be stronger for your child. I'm glad you're back & look forward to hearing more about your progress.
__________________
“Slow progress is STILL progress.”
AnnK is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
New SIDEWAYS avatar! I'm such a dyslexic computer novice! If you look at this avatar, and then click on my Fit2010 "name" then view public profile it will take you to a before photo....This new avatar is minus 50 lbs.
WOW, Deb ~ you are beautiful!! When I logged on this morning, I turned sideways to see who the pretty new member was & then I saw your name ... you are one of my biggest heroes here, and I enjoy seeing your progress. You actually look younger and healthier than in your "before" pic, and I'll bet you feel it, too.
AnnK is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Survived week 1!

So,I survived week one and lost 12.4 lbs (it was closer to 12 days but I'll take it). I feel amazing! Feels like the marshmellow fluff living around my body has disappeared. Now that I can add fruits and vegetables, I feel like I am cheating and over eating. I am doing exactly what my medi counselor told me but after 600 calories of pure PRO for 12 days, I feel like I am cheating. Still feel like I'm losing so I guess it's okay. Hope everyone has a great week!
ericak44 is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
So,I survived week one and lost 12.4 lbs (it was closer to 12 days but I'll take it). I feel amazing! Feels like the marshmellow fluff living around my body has disappeared. Now that I can add fruits and vegetables, I feel like I am cheating and over eating. I am doing exactly what my medi counselor told me but after 600 calories of pure PRO for 12 days, I feel like I am cheating. Still feel like I'm losing so I guess it's okay. Hope everyone has a great week!
WOW Erica! That's an incredible 12 days loss, good for you!! What a way to start the process--stay faithful, drink your water, and if you weigh in next time and only lose 1/2 lb know that your body is adjusting and you are still losing FAT!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
WOW, Deb ~ you are beautiful!! When I logged on this morning, I turned sideways to see who the pretty new member was & then I saw your name ... you are one of my biggest heroes here, and I enjoy seeing your progress. You actually look younger and healthier than in your "before" pic, and I'll bet you feel it, too.
Awwhh, THANKS ANN! I feel so much younger and healthier too! At plus fifty pounds I could barely breathe and my body felt so horrible I much prefer the way I feel now!

BTW - I don't know how to turn this photo or crop it so I can have it be upright! I don't have those adjustments available on my computer and I'd really prefer to have my before and after photos side by side; and upright!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-16-2010 at 07:57 AM..
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
<P></P>

Thank you! I'm barely 5'2"... the clinic says my fat mass is good now, but my still freakishly large butt and thighs tell me otherwise . I have a feeling that the last 3 months haven't been the hardest part... "toning" certain areas must certainly sound easier than it is! I'm just doing Curves, walking and my treadmill now (one per day). I may have to join all you inspirational runners to shape up... you are my heroes, but I'm not a runner at heart (who is, right?)
TGIF to all ~
I too had the dreaded pear shape, but spun (indoor cycling) while doing the program. I lost most of my weight in my butt and thighs and am no longer pear shaped. Previously at my current weight I was always a size 12-14. Now I am a size 8-10. I think the fat burning and exercise really made a difference.
SDC2 is offline  
Old 10-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Deb, thanks for the encouragement. The fat loss is the thing I am most amazed about with this program. I have never lost from my butt and thighs first when I lost weight before. They were always the hardest. You guys are all such an inspiration on this board. I can not believe how great I feel and I am not even half way to my goal. I was wearing a size 16 premedi and I can now comfortable button my size 12 jeans. I was a size 12 near my goal weight of 155 before. I can't imagine what size I will be when I reach 150.
ericak44 is offline  
Old 10-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Erica, you'll love this site. I don't know that I could have been as faithful to Medi by going to the clinic alone....I love my buddies on this site! Welcome to the group!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Erica, you'll love this site. I don't know that I could have been as faithful to Medi by going to the clinic alone....I love my buddies on this site! Welcome to the group!
Erica ~ ditto to what Deb said!!!
AnnK is offline  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member
 
diertac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 91
Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Argh! The weekend did me in. Well, one night did me in. I went to my first party since starting this WOE. It was the night before TOM too apparently. I dutifully tried to avoid wine until about 3 hours in, then I caved. I had multiple glasses of red wine.

Oddly enough it didn't throw me out of ketosis, but I AM up 2 of the pounds I was down before going to the party. I also had a binge eating moment with cocoa almonds before the party. I was so nervous I was going to be hungry around all the usual high carb goodies my friends bring. And I could NOT stop going back to the pantry for more!

Of course, the next morning when I realized it was THAT time (it's been delayed by almost a week, I think due to the LC thing) the uncontrollable craving/binge eating made sense. But the wine? Totally on me.

I think that I am going to have to accept that I may be tempted to drink at parties, and therefore just avoid them as much as possible, at least for right now. And realize going into them that I will lose less for that week. It's not ideal, but I'd rather learn to dust myself off, get back up and keep on going, then just feel like a failure and give up because I have a weakness for wine at parties. Hey, at least I avoided the beer!

On the plus side, the party host knows about my LC and Medi plan (she goes to a non-Medi clinic). She put out all sorts of fresh veggies with ranch dressing for me. And she was SO SWEET when she saw me, making a big deal over how good I looked 20 pounds down. I asked her if she was just being nice or if she could really tell a difference and she said she could tell in my face and waist. I AM in size 12's now so I had some good stuff to wear, finally.

Last edited by diertac; 10-18-2010 at 06:45 AM..
diertac is offline  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member
 
diertac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 91
Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
New SIDEWAYS avatar! I'm such a dyslexic computer novice! If you look at this avatar, and then click on my Fit2010 "name" then view public profile it will take you to a before photo....This new avatar is minus 50 lbs.
Here, I rotated and cropped it for you. It's a bit "lossy" (lots of artifacting due to compression) but if you want to PM me the original I can probably crop it and make it a bit better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avatar1.jpg (2.8 KB, 4 views)
diertac is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.