Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
loyemarie-

Don't mean to butt in, but I too am at Disney at least 7 days out of the month and would love to jump in that discussion! Since joining Medi, here are a couple of my favorite finds:

The Pecos Bill restaurant in Frontierland, MK, offers a child's size chicken caesar salad. It is always very light on parm, the croutons are easily removable, and unless I bring something different, I will ask for lemons to squeeze on top for extra flavor. I do have a young child, but don't often have her with me when I order it and never get hassled about buying off the kids menu. Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland has a kid's turkey sandwich that comes plain- toss the bun and it makes a small turkey lunchmeat salad (with tomato and lettuce). Kids meals come with grapes and a drink, and for the drink you can choose a bottle of water. Plus- they are usually only about $4.99, a bargain for Disney food!

At T-Rex in Downtown Disney, they offer a DELISH half chicken meal. It is rotisserie style, so remove the skin and get all veggies on the side and it is wonderful. I split this meal with my MIL when we went there last time, it was just right!

Also, I'm sure you know this but Disney has on of the least strict food-in policies! As long as you don't bring in "outside food" (like, from other restaurants or fast food) or alcohol, I have never had anything denied entry to the park! You can bring in whatever you are willing to carry, and if you REALLY want to, there is a microwave in the baby care center (next to the Crystal Palace on main street), you can say you are heating it up for a kid on a special diet or something, but the staff at Disney never seems to ask questions : )

If you discover any good eats, please share! It is 10x easier to just eat there, so the more options I can find the better!!

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Charlene- I did a couple of days of Week 1 a little while ago (last week, maybe? I have a horrible memory!) and did not get terribly crabby feeling, nothing like last time! I did get a mild headache, but mostly just got bored with eating that way. I think it is easier, mentally, to do it the first time because it is new and exciting, and you are so anxious to see results, but the second time I tried to do a week of "week 1" it was mentally much more difficult!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
lovemarie, you have an outstanding result in just 1 month of Medi. I looked back at my stats and I lost 22 lb or so in the 1st month. You are doing everything right. Just keep it up, it works and works fast. I know it firsthand.
Thanks so much Irina! I have had a great start, and have been faced with "decisions" quite a bit already, but I'm stubborn enough to see this out!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Stacey!
I'll bet we've run into each other at WDW and didn't know it! We have the weekday select passes.
I will report any other "Medi food finds", but you and kelly4me really gave me a lot to go on.
One thing I did that I'll do again, is get the cheeseburger at Pecos Bills, toss the buns, and load up on the onions, mushrooms, lettuce at the garnish bar. That was good!

Thanks again, and "see ya real soon"

P.S. My DH and I and sometimes our girls (grown-ups) have done the races at Disney. The 5Ks there are lots of fun. Haven't done one in a couple of years, but I'm aiming at getting back to it!

Last edited by loyemarie; 10-11-2010 at 04:54 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
loyemarie-

Don't mean to butt in, but I too am at Disney at least 7 days out of the month and would love to jump in that discussion! Since joining Medi, here are a couple of my favorite finds:

The Pecos Bill restaurant in Frontierland, MK, offers a child's size chicken caesar salad. It is always very light on parm, the croutons are easily removable, and unless I bring something different, I will ask for lemons to squeeze on top for extra flavor. I do have a young child, but don't often have her with me when I order it and never get hassled about buying off the kids menu. Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland has a kid's turkey sandwich that comes plain- toss the bun and it makes a small turkey lunchmeat salad (with tomato and lettuce). Kids meals come with grapes and a drink, and for the drink you can choose a bottle of water. Plus- they are usually only about $4.99, a bargain for Disney food!

At T-Rex in Downtown Disney, they offer a DELISH half chicken meal. It is rotisserie style, so remove the skin and get all veggies on the side and it is wonderful. I split this meal with my MIL when we went there last time, it was just right!

Also, I'm sure you know this but Disney has on of the least strict food-in policies! As long as you don't bring in "outside food" (like, from other restaurants or fast food) or alcohol, I have never had anything denied entry to the park! You can bring in whatever you are willing to carry, and if you REALLY want to, there is a microwave in the baby care center (next to the Crystal Palace on main street), you can say you are heating it up for a kid on a special diet or something, but the staff at Disney never seems to ask questions : )

If you discover any good eats, please share! It is 10x easier to just eat there, so the more options I can find the better!!
These are very nice things to know about Disney. We are planning to go next November and by then I hope to have reached my goal weight but I know that maintenance will be the key. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Debbie,

Happy Belated Birthday!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
For those of you who were so supportive and comforting last year when I lost my beloved dog, Rudy, suddenly and unexpectantly... I just got a new animal rescue puppy named Annie. She is a 3 month old chuahua/terrior mix and she is soooo cute! She is so quiet, but fun. She has already bonded with the whole family and everyone who has met her.

There is nothing like trying to potty train a dog to keep your mind off of eating.

Check her out at http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...522.1013876832
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Charlene, I kicked into high gear about 10 days ago or so with this way of eating. I did two full days of week one, but then added a little bit of veggies by day three. I don't have any keotstix so wasn't really trying to get into ketosis again, but trying to kick start to lose the three I'd gained, plus a few more. I did NOT feel bad or headachey or lethargic or anything this time around. And it took me a week to get down even with my goal and over the last three days or so, I'm about three pounds UNDER where I was when I hit goal. Today, I've been back up a little in a calories, but will continue on with 1,000 or less for the next couple of weeks as I try to hit 140.
Good!!!! That's how I'm hoping it will go. I was freaked out the other day because I have been fine maintaining until this past week when I seemingly exploded....well, at least puffed up. I weighed myself the other night (first mistake) and was up several pounds....did protein only today and tonight when I weighed again, I was only about 1.5lbs above my "wellness weight". I wouldn't mind getting into the 120's....I think 125 would be great. I'd like to still try and get my fat down a little bit more. I'm at 24 percent now and I'd love to be around 20-21 percent. I'm 5'6"...so I don't think 125 would be unreasonable....especially since I have been in every phase of the program so far and been pretty successful. Why not go for it, right? I have toyed with the idea of going back into unofficial acute (unofficial as in, not wanting to pay 80 a week again) but was scared because I didn't wanna feel crappy like I did when I first started....not to mention my life has been super busy lately and it's easier for me to eat in maintanence, especially if I eat out somewhere. I think your three extra pounds in ten days has me convinced to take the plunge again!

maintenance
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
For those of you who were so supportive and comforting last year when I lost my beloved dog, Rudy, suddenly and unexpectantly... I just got a new animal rescue puppy named Annie. She is a 3 month old chuahua/terrior mix and she is soooo cute! She is so quiet, but fun. She has already bonded with the whole family and everyone who has met her.

There is nothing like trying to potty train a dog to keep your mind off of eating.

Check her out at Welcome to Facebook
WHAT A CUTIE!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Thank you friends for ALL the wonderful birthday wishes!! I love my LCF friends! All along my goal has been to be Fit in 2010 and I realized how great I felt on that day (Sunday during the beautiful day running downtown by the River)...but also makes me feel such a sense of responsibility to STAY Fit in 2010!

Lea and Char, thank you for the inspiration. I'm still up 4 lbs and have been too lax with the carbs, especially since parents came yesterday....Made good choices today but didn't get enough water in. Need to be an example to my family.

I am so thankful for this accountability site and all my MWL buddies!

Gotta go for now...
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
Stacey!
I'll bet we've run into each other at WDW and didn't know it! We have the weekday select passes.
I will report any other "Medi food finds", but you and kelly4me really gave me a lot to go on.
One thing I did that I'll do again, is get the cheeseburger at Pecos Bills, toss the buns, and load up on the onions, mushrooms, lettuce at the garnish bar. That was good!

Thanks again, and "see ya real soon"

P.S. My DH and I and sometimes our girls (grown-ups) have done the races at Disney. The 5Ks there are lots of fun. Haven't done one in a couple of years, but I'm aiming at getting back to it!
I would LOVE to run the Disney Princess half in Feb., it was in fact a goal of mine when I started the program, but I just couldn't part with the $130 registration fee. Something about shelling out $1500 a year just for tickets, plus tons more in food and merchandise when we go, and not getting any kind of a break on registration that just didn't sit well with me.

That being said, I am a Disney junkie, and have a 4-year-old excuse to go constantly, so it wouldn't surprise me if I ran into you and didn't know it : ) I'll keep the tips coming as I find any....you and Kelly do the same!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Check her out at Welcome to Facebook
Holy cow, she's CUTE!!! I've never even heard of a chiuahua/terrior mix, but she looks like other dogs I've seen. Maybe I just never knew what mix they were. I also LOOOOOOVE that she's a rescue dog. Hooray Susie for saving an animal!! Congrats on your newest family member.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Good!!!! That's how I'm hoping it will go. I was freaked out the other day because I have been fine maintaining until this past week when I seemingly exploded....well, at least puffed up. I weighed myself the other night (first mistake) and was up several pounds....did protein only today and tonight when I weighed again, I was only about 1.5lbs above my "wellness weight". I wouldn't mind getting into the 120's....I think 125 would be great. I'd like to still try and get my fat down a little bit more. I'm at 24 percent now and I'd love to be around 20-21 percent. I'm 5'6"...so I don't think 125 would be unreasonable....especially since I have been in every phase of the program so far and been pretty successful. Why not go for it, right? I have toyed with the idea of going back into unofficial acute (unofficial as in, not wanting to pay 80 a week again) but was scared because I didn't wanna feel crappy like I did when I first started....not to mention my life has been super busy lately and it's easier for me to eat in maintanence, especially if I eat out somewhere. I think your three extra pounds in ten days has me convinced to take the plunge again!
Yeah, girl, I saw your WTH post!! That's what triggered me too. Nothing different and then all the sudden BAM! Up! The NP and I talked a lot about me losing a couple more at my last visit and she said if I really wanted to, to go for it. And she also said - "if you stay around 1,000 calories a day, it might take a tiny bit longer, but you'll lose it." And she was right. I can't do the 500 a day anymore - just the thought of it makes me hungry! But I can do 1,000 and still feel pretty satisfied. AND it's amazing how quickly you can SEE the difference both in my body AND on the scale. I don't weigh in again at the clinic until the end of this month, and I have a feeling I'm going to be down from my lowest by several pounds and my fat percent will be lower than ever, too. You already look so great, Charlene! I don't see that you need to lose ANY more. But I understand how it feels to be the one inside "your" body. I'm behind you all the way!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
[quote=SDC2;13985085]For those of you who were so supportive and comforting last year when I lost my beloved dog, Rudy, suddenly and unexpectantly... I just got a new animal rescue puppy named Annie. She is a 3 month old chuahua/terrior mix and she is soooo cute! She is so quiet, but fun. She has already bonded with the whole family and everyone who has met her.

Check her out at Welcome to Facebook]

Oh, Susie, Annie is adorable!! Congrats on your new baby... and yes, having a new puppy is almost like having an infant. LOTS of work & getting up to take her out to go. I always say it's a good thing puppies are so darn cute, or else we'd kill them ...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
I lost 2.7lbs this week, but lost 3lbs of fat. Apparently I gained water weight. (TTOM is in 2 days, go figure.) Ehh, not thrilled but I'll take it!

Just figured I'd check in.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
I would LOVE to run the Disney Princess half in Feb., it was in fact a goal of mine when I started the program, but I just couldn't part with the $130 registration fee. Something about shelling out $1500 a year just for tickets, plus tons more in food and merchandise when we go, and not getting any kind of a break on registration that just didn't sit well with me.

That being said, I am a Disney junkie, and have a 4-year-old excuse to go constantly, so it wouldn't surprise me if I ran into you and didn't know it : ) I'll keep the tips coming as I find any....you and Kelly do the same!!!
I love disneyworld! Just went int august and it was before medi, and I must have had every cupcake imaginable, a week or two later I was at medi!

I just looked up the princess 1/2 marathon weekend and now I want to go!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hello everyone! Long time no see! Well, for some of you anyway! I have been maintaining my 300 pound loss for 6 months now! After dropping from 493 (12/24/2008) to 193 (4/15/2010) I actually went out and ran a half marathon last Sunday and finished it in under 3 hours! MAN was I sore! Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

A Confession: I "Pre-Booed" Myself... ;)

Does anyone live in a neighborhood that "Boos"? By "Boo-ing", I mean it's this tradition that exists in my neighborhood whereby starting in October, someone rings on your doorbell and leaves you a treat basket. (And by "treats" of course, I mean sugar bombs - candies, etc.) Included in the basket is a "Boo" ghost with instructions to make 2 copies, put the original in your door window, and then ring-&-run 2 other neighbors with similar treat filled baskets and their own "boo" ghost.

I must confess, I am a terrible neighbor. Oh, I'm great with yard upkeep, and making our house look nice and waving or saying hi to people, but I don't attend our neighborhood socials, I don't stop and give money to the kids selling lemonade on the corner (EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND) and I hate boo'ing! Last year I hated it because I didn't have the time, as I work long hours and my husband sure isn't going to go out and buy the "boo" stuff.

Oh, and I hate ring & run stuff. Always have. I'm the nerd who INVARIABLY gets caught anyway.

So last year I scanned in the "Boo" image... And this year, I decided that you know what? I don't want a bag o' candy on my doorstep, especially not while I'm doing Medi - so shhh... I pre-Boo'ed myself! I printed out a copy of that darned ghost and put him up in my door window!

(If any of my neighborhood acquaintances do Medi and check in here, I will no doubt out myself with this post. Oh well!)
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Hey everyone! Feel like there was so much to catch up on...I need to go back and re-read them all again!

Today is 5 months exactly from my Day 1 of Week 1 - and at today's weigh in I was down 79.2 lbs total (2.2 for this week). I am about 20 lbs from goal, and 1 pant size to go.

For those of you recently starting this journey - please believe me (and the others) when we say this way of eating and more importantly, way of life, truly does work. I can't believe how much I have changed in a mere 5 months, and it goes way beyond my actual weight. I truly am in a "happier" place right now, and I love it.

The changes go well beyond the # on the scale, and here are a few that I've really been thinking about.

This past weekend we had my daughters 5th bday party for her friends at an indoor soccer facility - I ran around with a dozen 5 yr olds for an hour, and thought nothing of it. 5 months ago, I would've sat out....knowing it disappointed my daugher, but that would have been my only option.

My 2 yr old does a Mommy & Me gymnastics class - we start out running laps around the gym to warm up, then do a series of stretches. I do the entire warm-up with her...before, we probably would've quit the class.

Sitting with your legs crossed is SUPER comfortable (when there's not extra thigh fat getting in the way!).

I look forward to my daily walk - and to see how much I will jog of it that day - and I actually am disappointed if I can't go.

Shopping is so fun! Getting dressed every morning is quick & easy - its not trying on many different things trying to find what hides the most!

Going to baseball games/football games/theatres isn't uncomfortable - my butt & thighs fit comfortably in all the seats, with even enough room to cross and uncross my legs!

It amazes me what 5 months have done - my ultimate goal still remains to be in transition by my birthday (Dec. 24th). Even though originally I wanted to be in the 160's, now I'm hoping to be out of them just so I can say I've lost 100 lbs! Thank you all for the support on this board!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Hey everyone! Feel like there was so much to catch up on...I need to go back and re-read them all again!

Today is 5 months exactly from my Day 1 of Week 1 - and at today's weigh in I was down 79.2 lbs total (2.2 for this week). I am about 20 lbs from goal, and 1 pant size to go.

For those of you recently starting this journey - please believe me (and the others) when we say this way of eating and more importantly, way of life, truly does work. I can't believe how much I have changed in a mere 5 months, and it goes way beyond my actual weight. I truly am in a "happier" place right now, and I love it.

The changes go well beyond the # on the scale, and here are a few that I've really been thinking about.

This past weekend we had my daughters 5th bday party for her friends at an indoor soccer facility - I ran around with a dozen 5 yr olds for an hour, and thought nothing of it. 5 months ago, I would've sat out....knowing it disappointed my daugher, but that would have been my only option.

My 2 yr old does a Mommy & Me gymnastics class - we start out running laps around the gym to warm up, then do a series of stretches. I do the entire warm-up with her...before, we probably would've quit the class.

Sitting with your legs crossed is SUPER comfortable (when there's not extra thigh fat getting in the way!).

I look forward to my daily walk - and to see how much I will jog of it that day - and I actually am disappointed if I can't go.

Shopping is so fun! Getting dressed every morning is quick & easy - its not trying on many different things trying to find what hides the most!

Going to baseball games/football games/theatres isn't uncomfortable - my butt & thighs fit comfortably in all the seats, with even enough room to cross and uncross my legs!

It amazes me what 5 months have done - my ultimate goal still remains to be in transition by my birthday (Dec. 24th). Even though originally I wanted to be in the 160's, now I'm hoping to be out of them just so I can say I've lost 100 lbs! Thank you all for the support on this board!
Congratulations, your losses have been amazing!! I am sure you'll reach your goal by Dec 24....that's over two months and look how great you've done so far.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

Keri, conratulations on the job well done so far! I too needed to lose more than 100 lb and that seemed like something unattainable when I started. I am looking at myself now in 8 months, having lost 113 lb and in transition and I know you will be in my place by your birthday because you are committed and have the right attitude. Like you, I am amazed that I am truly happy, content and enjoy this way of living. I always thought that all the dieting and weight loss is all about depriving yourself of "good" stuff. In fact, that "good stuff" deprived you from enjoying life, including simple things like ability to cross your legs (who would think that it is really comfortable!). Now transition bring its own challenges but I think I have learned so much in the process that I will be able to deal with it's mental and physical "ups" and "downs".

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Hello everyone! Long time no see! Well, for some of you anyway! I have been maintaining my 300 pound loss for 6 months now! After dropping from 493 (12/24/2008) to 193 (4/15/2010) I actually went out and ran a half marathon last Sunday and finished it in under 3 hours! MAN was I sore! Keep up the great work everyone!
Great job on the maintenance and the half marathon. That is AWESOME!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Does anyone live in a neighborhood that "Boos"? By "Boo-ing", I mean it's this tradition that exists in my neighborhood whereby starting in October, someone rings on your doorbell and leaves you a treat basket. (And by "treats" of course, I mean sugar bombs - candies, etc.) Included in the basket is a "Boo" ghost with instructions to make 2 copies, put the original in your door window, and then ring-&-run 2 other neighbors with similar treat filled baskets and their own "boo" ghost.

I must confess, I am a terrible neighbor. Oh, I'm great with yard upkeep, and making our house look nice and waving or saying hi to people, but I don't attend our neighborhood socials, I don't stop and give money to the kids selling lemonade on the corner (EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND) and I hate boo'ing! Last year I hated it because I didn't have the time, as I work long hours and my husband sure isn't going to go out and buy the "boo" stuff.

Oh, and I hate ring & run stuff. Always have. I'm the nerd who INVARIABLY gets caught anyway.

So last year I scanned in the "Boo" image... And this year, I decided that you know what? I don't want a bag o' candy on my doorstep, especially not while I'm doing Medi - so shhh... I pre-Boo'ed myself! I printed out a copy of that darned ghost and put him up in my door window!

(If any of my neighborhood acquaintances do Medi and check in here, I will no doubt out myself with this post. Oh well!)
That's hilarious. We did the "Boo" thing a couple of years ago but haven't seen it come back around since. Being on Medi I am glad though. Way to be proactive!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is fan-freaking-tastic! Congratulations on your six month maintenance, I know that for me that will likely be the hardest part.

If I may ask, how did you take up running? At what weight did you start, and how slowly did you start? I'm walking a half in October, because I am simply physically not cut out for running - at least, not now. And I haven't been, even at a size 10.

My chiropractor says weight loss will help a lot of my biomechanical issues (extreme overpronation and other things that lead to plantar fasciitis, achilles tendinitis and eventually knee pain in my case). But I'm wondering how light I should be before I start trying to run. Just the walking has caused me no end to issues (major achilles tendinitis in both ankles right now, fighting off PF).

I'm tired of saying I'm not "built to run" and I really want to. Did you experience any problems starting out?

Congrats again on your half. That's amazing!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Wow! What an amazing thing! Great job on all your accomplishments so far. I appreciate your positive attitude through it all. Keep up the great work and you WILL reach your goal!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Hi Jerry!
Did you see our photos in the newspaper website? You are in about 3 times doing the 1/2 marathon and I'm in once with my group of 3 other friends after our 5K! It was such a beautiful morning for a run!!
Debbie
Old 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Charlene, Irina, Stephany - thank you so much for the kind words.

Irina - I must tell you, you (as well as your motto "Nothng tastes as good as skinny feels", which I often repeat!) have been a great inspiration. 100+ lbs is SOOO much weight, and too see the time frame you lost it in has greatly motivated me. For that, I say thank you! You are so right - for a long time I always felt deprived when dieting, if only I had seen then how I was just depriving myself of so much by carrying that weight.

I love hearing how you all navigate those "scary" times in transition and maintenance...its like I feel as if I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (you know, if I squint and look really hard!). I can't wait to join all of you there!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #178
Junior LCF Member

I had a good loss this week: 3 pounds of almost all fat!

Glad to hear from Jerry - we CAN go through all this and keep it off! Congrats on the marathon!

Stacey - look for the 5Ks at Disney. Much less expensive, and really, really fun! I need to sign up for one so I have some motivation to do more than walk
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: celiamac
Stats: maintenance-high 130's:redlight 142
WOE: medi-weightloss
Start Date: 6/2/08
[QUOTE=dameron2;13974137]Congratulations on your maintenance. I have been wondering how many people are able to maintain over long periods. Can you tell us how you have done it?[/QUOTe

My goal weight is 142. I try to stay between 138 and 140. I weigh every day and if I get up to 142, I immediately cut the carbs out and cut back the calories until I get back down. It is really not that hard. You can indulge some as long as you get back control when the special event is over. I exercise a lot - 6-8 sessions a week varying jogging, powerlift, yoga, zumba, swimming and tennis. I still bring lowcal snacks to work for mid-morning and late afternoon, which keeps me from eating too much at lunch and dinner. To me the key has been staying in control and not avoiding the scale . I've lost 40 lbs. twice before but those times when it started creeping back I kept playing Scarlet thinking I'd deal with it tomorrow. Bad idea. This has got to be a lifelong change to work. Hang in there. It is well worth it.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
It's so great to read so many great posts this week!! Everyone is doing so well which has really helped to keep me going. I gave blood on Saturday and since then I feel totally wiped out...zero energy to exercise. Every morning, I put on my workout clothes with all intentions to run after I go fast-walking with my dog, but then I just can't get myself going. But today....after reading everyone's positive posts and then perusing Jerry's blog, I got on the treadmill and ran 2 miles..so I just wanted to thank everyone for their posts, they are a wonderful motivation!!