Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
Lins - sending prayers for your daughter. A friend's daughter had a similar situation over the summer - her foot swelled to a frightening size. They did eventually find the right recipe of antibiotics, but it was scary for awhile.

Had my first weigh in today and I'm down 7.8 pounds! My scale at home showed a little more this morning, but I'll take it! That's comparable to three weeks worth of starving for me on WW. Love seeing results so quickly. I know I'm still a ways from a smaller size, but my pants are getting a little baggy in the butt!

Talked to a different clinic person today - I was told last time that this particular woman lost 70 pounds in 4 months on the plan. So she definitely know what works and what doesn't. She gave me some food advice. Apparently I wasn't eating enough (what? really?!) and I was substituting snack food (turkey pepperoni for example) for a meal. I also have been waiting too long between meals. She told me to be sure to eat *something* at least every three hours. Kinda implied that I could have lost more if I had eaten a little differently, but I'm chocking it up as a lesson learned. Hey, if that is the case, it just means that I'll be able to lose more than average this week. And 7.8 pounds is nothing to sneeze at.

(updated my starting weight - I had my start weight as a pound too much, so if I count that, I'm down 8.8!)

Last edited by Divadeb; 10-06-2010 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: stats update

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Had my weigh-in after missing last week (my first time and hopefully my only miss) but I only lost 3 pounds! I guess ANY loss is good, but I had been losing 2 pounds every week very consistantly. Guess all the running up to Jacksonville to care for DIL and Grandson took it's toll. We'll be leaving for Jax again tomorrow afternoon.......DH has a job interview on Friday (he lost his job in June) We'll have to work harder to keep on plan this time. DH only lost 1 pound, and he's used to losing 4 -6 pounds a week! I know he wasn't watching things as close as he needed to...maybe this will be a wake up call for him!
Ashley, it IS much easier doing this plan (or probably ANY plan) when your family is doing it with you, that's for sure! Sometimes when something bad happens (like whatever transpired to make you want to quit your job) it turns out to be just what was needed to get you to a better place. Like I said above DH lost his job in June. He NEVER would have quit, no matter how bad it was, but we're actually thankful that he was let go! It was a really necessary thing. I'm afraid he would have had a heart attack or stroke if he would have kept trying to put up with the garbage! We really wanted to move closer to our kids, so now he has an interview about 45 min away from them! SEE things happen for a reason! Enjoy your time off

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
lins- also sending prayers to your daughter. This would happen to me when I was younger with spider bites, I would get medicine and then just wait for it to go down. Hopefully it will go away soon

Divadeb- congrats on your first weigh in and loss!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
I am finishing my pre-req's for the RN program at UCF. I have my AA degree and I have an AS degree in medical records editing. I am taking the RMT (registered medical transcriptionist) exam on December 4th, but after all of that I am taking a break! Nursing school is in my future, just not until my daughter gets a little more involved in school and I have some more time to devote to it.
Awesome! I started out years and years ago wanting to be a secretary, office assistant. Took the civil service exam and worked for the chief of staff of the base hospital (way back in 1976!)....that's how I was exposed to medical terminology and got interested in the medical world and nursing! Graduated from diploma school of nursing in 1980. You will continue to learn lots and be at such an advantage understanding the medical language prior to nursing school. You go girl!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - Praying for your daughter. I'm sure she's sick of being "down" too. "Lord, I pray for Lins and her daughter's doctor(s), that You'll give them wisdom to know what treatment to use and keep her leg and health safe. Thank You that Lins can be home with her at this time and thank You too for allowing Lins to be healthier at this time in her life that she CAN pick her growing daughter up and carry her all around if she needs to. What a special bond. Please comfort her daughter and bring healing in Your perfect timing. In Jesus Name... Thank you, Amen. "
Old 10-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Lins - Praying for your daughter. I'm sure she's sick of being "down" too. "Lord, I pray for Lins and her daughter's doctor(s), that You'll give them wisdom to know what treatment to use and keep her leg and health safe. Thank You that Lins can be home with her at this time and thank You too for allowing Lins to be healthier at this time in her life that she CAN pick her growing daughter up and carry her all around if she needs to. What a special bond. Please comfort her daughter and bring healing in Your perfect timing. In Jesus Name... Thank you, Amen. "
Lins ~ I echo Deb's prayer and do hope your daughter is on the road to recovery!!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Lins guess I missed the post about your daughter.....I'm hoping by the time you read this all is MUCH better. I went through the same thing with my daughter when she was about 6 yr old! It's scary! Thinking and praying for the both of you!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
I am finishing my pre-req's for the RN program at UCF. I have my AA degree and I have an AS degree in medical records editing. I am taking the RMT (registered medical transcriptionist) exam on December 4th, but after all of that I am taking a break! Nursing school is in my future, just not until my daughter gets a little more involved in school and I have some more time to devote to it.
Stacey I'm an RN also and I second what Debbie says.......your knowledge of medical records, and medical terminology (and spelling) will help a lot in nursing school. I think anything in the medical world is a GREAT choice for employment these days. Relax and enjoy your time off (AFTER your exam in December)
Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Mary and Deb- Thank you for the encouragement! I am excited about nursing school, but at this point have been in school for so long that I need a break! I'm not planning on working, I am blessed to not have to, so I can focus on my daughter and family for some time. This will be my first new year without the resolution to lose weight...I might need a hobby!

Lins- I SO hope your daughter gets well soon! My heart goes out to you, I understand what it is like to be wondering what is going on and hoping everything is OK. Recently, my 4-year-old's hair started falling out. The night I pulled the first chunk out, I pretty much almost threw up I was so worried! She is undergoing testing, and I am much better at least knowing that she is not in any imminent danger and otherwise acting normally. Best wishes to both of you, and congrats on the weight maintenance!!

I had a so-so weight in yesterday, 1.8 pounds. My counselor encouraged me to do a more specific food journal this week and detail exactly how I prepare and eat each meal. The point is to not have the same meal once or twice in the week, to get some variety! This activity could not have come at a more perfect time, I really need to mix it up a little bit...

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
lins- so hope your daughter is doing better...I got a few fire ant bites on my feet 2 days ago and know how awful I feel, it's so much worse when you're little!!

sorry I was unable to ask my clinic today about the sweating/chills on plan (they were SUPER busy), but I wondering if everyone who is experiencing this is on the appetite suppressant. Being a pharmacist, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but flushing/sweating is a side effect of the medication and the chills may be the body's attempt to regulate body temperature back to normal (similar to when you have a fever).

I lost 2 lbs this week and I'm less than 2 pounds away from losing 30 pounds, so now that's my goal for next week! I went to Beall's today and saw they had capris on clearance, so I tried on size 10- too big!! size 8- still lose! size 6 - Holy Cow! never thought I'd fit in a size 6!!! That's such a great motivator to stay on plan!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frogquackers
Stats: 231/205/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept. 30
New Here

Hi my name is Rebecca and I just weighed in after my first week at Medi. I lost 8.7 lbs, 3.5 of them FAT. I am very excited and looking forward to the decreasing number each week. I was thankful to be able to read the newbies board last week to help me get through.

R
Old 10-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Lins - I echo the sentiments of others, sending prayers and thoughts to you and your daughter! I know how heavy a 2 yr old is....just think - you used to carry that weight around all the time, now at least you get hugs out of it!!!

Mary - A loss is still a loss, so good job! And a loss during this stressful time for you - great job!! Goes to show that you didn't turn to food/emotional eating to handle the stress...that right there is an accomplisment!

Stacey - the clinic keeps urging me to change up the meals I eat, I am definitely stuck in a rut and keep turning to the same foods. Its just that they are soo easy! Plus, I usually cook a protein for dinner...then eat it again the next day at lunch. Time to go through the recipe threads again!

Cleaned my closet yet again last night - I think I am officially out of all the "skinny" clothes that I had saved through the years (didn't save anything smaller than 14, guess I never saw myself that "tiny" again!). However, I did save a jean skirt (size 12) from my honeymoon 7 yrs ago...it fits, perfectly! And I saved a leather skirt (size 8) from my 1st yr teaching..still WAY too small, didn't fit up over my hips! I'll keep trying though! So many things that were hardly worn, kind of sad how much money I've wasted!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
About sizes in the closet:
I began the program in Dec 2008 in size 20/xl in sweaters..in fact on my profile page, the picture with my niece, I have on the very outfit I wore to my first appointment. That pair of pants in is my closet for one reason and one reason only - a reminder! Now both of my legs fit in one of the legs of that pair of pants. Everything else that was size 20/18/16/14/12 is now either at Buffalo Exchange or Goodwill. All pants/sweaters/tops/jackets have a new home elsewhere. I keep only the one pair.

The 8/10s and the Ms are what I see now. I actually have some classic Pendleton suits (blazers and pencil skirts)in size 10 from 16 years ago that I can wear again. I am pretty glad I kept them. They fit, although a little loosely but they fit and look great.

My shoe size has dropped a 1/2 size as well.

I wore that first outfit every week until the pants literally fell off, then I switched to another outfit that I wore until it too fell off. Now I wear a pair of Ann Taylor size 8 jeans with a M top to my wellness appointments. Same outfit still to this day.

A small word of advice: Do not measure yourself and your size changes by anyone other than yourself. We are all unique and different and our bodies change on their own time and change happens to each of us differently. It will come. Just be patient. Weight gain does not occur overnight or in a week or a month, it does creep up until you cannot ignore it anymore. The loss of weight will be gradual but steady, and one day those larger size pants will fall off you, just like they did to me.

My favorite thing about this program is that with 100% commitment of body, mind and heart, you WILL be successful.

Jo
Old 10-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
I have on the very outfit I wore to my first appointment. That pair of pants in is my closet for one reason and one reason only - a reminder!
I too have only kept that one outfit that I wore to my initial appt at Medi, (a pair of jeans - size 20 that were stretched REALLY tight...needed the 22, but refused to buy them, a t-shirt, and grey zip-down hooded sweatshirt). The outfit sits on a shelf in my closet as a DAILY reminder of where I never want to be again. Every now and then I do try it on, it initially saddens me whenever I do since I let myself get that BIG...as do seeing pictures of myself at that size, I look so sad and unhappy. Then, it rejuvenates my commitment to this program - because I will never be that size again. I suggest everyone keep at least 1 thing from their largest size, just as that visual reminder! All other sizes - 22, 20, 18, 16, and now 14- are HISTORY!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys,

I ran out of the fat burner and my medi is closed for the weekend, what do you rec for me to get in the mean time? Thanks you for the help
Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by afunfish View Post
Hey guys,

I ran out of the fat burner and my medi is closed for the weekend, what do you rec for me to get in the mean time? Thanks you for the help
I've heard of a lot of people using "Green tea fat burner" from Costco and I ran out once and got some Mega T Green tea fat burner from CVS, worked fine.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Charlene I appreciate the help! I hope all of you have a great weekend.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

OMG We're out of town for a job interview for DH, and I guess we had too much time to pack because I ended up NOT packing ANY of our Medi pills ......NO Fat burner, AS, or the others I supply myself (calcium, fish oil, biotin, vit b's, and multi). I think I'll get some Mega Green Tea, but I can't remember what people used in place of the AS. Any suggestions? DH thinks we can do fine without any of them, but I'm not as sure.
I'm one of those people who works well under pressure, so had I only had a short amount of time to pack, I KNOW I wouldn't have forgotten anything! This really irritates me!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Thank you Charlene I appreciate the help! I hope all of you have a great weekend.
afunfish, which clinic do you go to in New York? This is the 1st time I see somebody from New York. I go to Staten Island clinic.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary - Go to Walgreens and buy sublingual Vit B12 melts. Also you can try their green tea + hoodia suppliments, I wouldn't know any particular brand. But yesterday at MWL they gave me samples of the Stay Slim from MWL and said that it has hoodia that helps as an appetite suppressant; just don't take after about 1pm or it might keep you awake she said. Good luck with the job!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Went to my local Medi today for my B12 shot and out of the corner of my eye I saw -- a stinking birthday cake???

Then as I walked by, I saw it was made entirely of flowers. Cool.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Is anyone else having this problem with their clinic? First they started closing at 2pm on Friday. Then 2 months ago they started closing for the entire day with signs saying that it was only for 1st one mone and then finally permanent. Now they are not opening until noon on Monday!! I have always had my appt first thing on Monday. But now they want me to come in 4 hours later. Not only will it mess with my weight because I easily fluctuate 4-6 during the day. But I can't fit this in my schedule. So they are only open for 3 1/2 days a week how can they expect their clients to get both shots?
Obviously they are probably getting ready to close but I wish they would be upfront with it. I know they say they can't transferr to another clinic but I'm going to insist.
Sorry just had to rant before I went in.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dameron2
Start Date: October 1, 2010
I have been hoping to hear from someone like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiamac View Post
I haven't been on this site in months and months but thought it was a good place to share my success. This week I have passed the 2 year mark since my "graduation" from Medi. I have managed to maintain a weight that is about 4 lbs less than my last official weigh-in and for the first time in my life have stayed the same size (6) and not gained a pound for a 2 year period. (I don't count those daily 1-3 lb fluctuations as long as once a week I'm where I want to be). This program is so worth it and it is not that hard to keep the weight off as long as you control any spikes up and keep exercising. Medi Rocks!!!
Congratulations on your maintenance. I have been wondering how many people are able to maintain over long periods. Can you tell us how you have done it?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Getting closer

I'm 11 lbs. from my goal weight. I am ready to eat again! Please weight come off fast!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I reached my goal

I am so happy and want to share my joy. After 8.5 months of hard work I reached my lowered goal of 140 lb. I lost 113 lb since January 21st. Who-hoo!! I am stil in disbelief that I actually did this. When I set my goal of 145 lb back in January it was just a dream, in reality I was looking to get to 163 lb and now I am even lower than that. I actually thought I should go to 135 lb but they told me that it is enough and I should start the transition. I am supposed to increase my protein calorie intake by 200, take 2 AS pills a day (actually I have been take 2 for a long time) and no change in carb consumption which I find different from other people transition plan.

Are we supposed to add some carbs in transition?

I am excited and worried at the same time.
Would I be able to be in control when I am allowed more food and when I am completely off my AS (I am supposed to decrease to 1 pill in a couple weeks and then to none in another)?

I am going to the conference in a couple of weeks where they will wine and dine us - how will I manage that in this transition?

Any advise will be appreciated

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 10-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Hi irabeslim,

I go to the Staten Island clinic as well. I never put I am from Staten Island on forums because thanks to MTV I get embarrassed when people start asking about those shows they have, they are even putting on a new one called Bridge and Tunnel about 20 year olds and I saw a preview and wanted to crawl into a cave. I am 27 and my friends and myself do not act like what they show and we are native islanders. It makes me cringe when the island is shown like this.

Congrats on getting to your goal weight! This plan as really changed me, I have been dedicated to it, and being out with friends till 3am at bars or clubs not having cocktails is no easy task so I understand the wine and dine part, try and pack some food if you can and just make good choices, in Septembers thread someone wrote bad food is not a reward and I keep telling myself just that.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Hi everyone. I just got back from six days at Disney World. I didn't get to have my appointment this week, but by my scale I weigh the same as when I left, except that my fat % is down and my muscle % is up. I'll take that as a vacation win. I worked really hard to stick close to the plan while I was gone. This upcoming week should be a dream - it'll be so much easier being able to prepare everything at home instead of eating in restaurants every day. I was excited to see that I was still in moderate ketosis when I got back.

I weaned myself down to 2 AS tablets per day over the past week and a half or so. I was really struggling with interrupted sleep and it's seemed to help a lot. I'm taking a morning AS and then one at 3 and it's not too bad hunger wise.

Congrats on your success, Irina! That is so fabulous. I can't wait to get there!

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2

Last edited by kelly4me; 10-08-2010 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Hi everyone. I just got back from six days at Disney World. I didn't get to have my appointment this week, but by my scale I weigh the same as when I left, except that my fat % is down and my muscle % is up. I'll take that as a vacation win. I worked really hard to stick close to the plan while I was gone. This upcoming week should be a dream - it'll be so much easier being able to prepare everything at home instead of eating in restaurants every day. I was excited to see that I was still in moderate ketosis when I got back.

I weaned myself down to 2 AS tablets per day over the past week and a half or so. I was really struggling with interrupted sleep and it's seemed to help a lot. I'm taking a morning AS and then one at 3 and it's not too bad hunger wise.

Congrats on your success, Irina! That is so fabulous. I can't wait to get there!

Thank you, kelly4me. Vacations are there to test our resolve and changed attitudes toward food. Looks like you passed this test with flying colors - I never managed to stay in ketosis when was away. Upon return from vacations I used to put myself into week one to get back to ketosis. Not much fun. Keep up your resolve, this program works, you will get to your goal!

I also had trouble sleeping and reduced my AS to 2 a day, taking the last one no later than 2. Hoping to get off then soon completely.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi irabeslim,

I go to the Staten Island clinic as well. I never put I am from Staten Island on forums because thanks to MTV I get embarrassed when people start asking about those shows they have, they are even putting on a new one called Bridge and Tunnel about 20 year olds and I saw a preview and wanted to crawl into a cave. I am 27 and my friends and myself do not act like what they show and we are native islanders. It makes me cringe when the island is shown like this.

Congrats on getting to your goal weight! This plan as really changed me, I have been dedicated to it, and being out with friends till 3am at bars or clubs not having cocktails is no easy task so I understand the wine and dine part, try and pack some food if you can and just make good choices, in Septembers thread someone wrote bad food is not a reward and I keep telling myself just that.

Thank you, afunfish. I hear you about bad rap about Staten Island. I have lived here for 20 years and I love it. And the best part - there is only 1 Medi-clinic in New York and it happens to be in Staten Island. If it was not there, I would not be where I am now - thin, fit, confident, happy. It must be very difficult going out with friends and not drink. If you are managing this situation successfully, I don't doubt you will reach your goal. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiamac View Post
I haven't been on this site in months and months but thought it was a good place to share my success. This week I have passed the 2 year mark since my "graduation" from Medi. I have managed to maintain a weight that is about 4 lbs less than my last official weigh-in and for the first time in my life have stayed the same size (6) and not gained a pound for a 2 year period. (I don't count those daily 1-3 lb fluctuations as long as once a week I'm where I want to be). This program is so worth it and it is not that hard to keep the weight off as long as you control any spikes up and keep exercising. Medi Rocks!!!
celiamac, not only Medi Rocks - you rock! Keeping the weight for 2 years - congratulations! I hope I will be saying the same thing 2 years from now. I have such a resolve and think I will never ever gain weight again, such a clear conviction in my mind now. What I worry about is this happenned to me before when I lost a large amount of weight - I feel the same confidence that I will never ever gain weight but I did. So can you share what is your secret weapon? What should I do to not to repeat what I did in the past?
Closed Thread