Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I had an absolutely TERRIBLE day yesterday...we had friends over to watch the baseball and football games and I made all sorts of goodies for everyone to eat, but made sure I had raw veggies and turkey chili for myself to stay on plan. I don't know why, but I found myself picking at all the goodies, so of course, I'm so COMPLETEY mad at myself for having no self-control and I haven't been able to get my exercise time in the past 3 days. I vowed to stick to just 500-cal of protein the next 3 days until weigh-in and I know I'll be able to exercise the rest of the week, but I see that the urge to emotional eating is still so strong. Will I ever to able to overcome binge eating????

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Lins - Sounds like a staph infection, which she may have gotten by the break in skin and itching/rubbing at it.

I personally agree with your running coaches advice, the complex carbs that are also sources of protein will help your lasting endurance. Your body is probably trying to hold on to its present weight because its trying to protect you from starving/wearing yourself to death! No seriously. In fact, you've probably heard us and others (Susie, etc) talk about increasing calories and still losing. The key is not to make your calorie empty sponge-like simple carbs that have no nutritional value and take no energy for your body to break down, but that cycle your drive for more of them. JMHO
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Still working on big paper that is due in less than 10 hours! I'm such a last minute cruncher--always spend SO much time doing the research details and then spit the paper out at the last minute!
Love it....I am also working on a last minute project! It's just my style, I guess, and now that I am not sitting here chowing down on something disgusting (doing my homework for school has always been the WORST time for me to boredom-eat) I am actually getting a lot done!

It's been an interesting semester, on that note, I am studying clinical nutrition for nursing and the clinical applications we have to do are so interesting! Comparing notes with Medi, we have to do a lot of casework on diabetic nutrition and I find it so interesting and enlightening. We had to do a whole series on our own personal nutrition, and I got ragged on so much by my instructor for being on a crazy "fad diet"! I explained it to her more, and she finally understood, but it was an interesting conversation : )

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
Stacey I know what you mean about bad attitudes towards food. I do the same exact thing. You shouldn't feel bad about eating a salad. As long as you aren't smothering it with a fatty salad dressing and putting some healthy veggies on there you are okay. How many times have you done week 1? Ketosis. Your body can turn against you, so be careful and don't be so hard on yourself. You're gorgeous and if you want to talk it out you can always talk to me. I'm a big talker when it comes to thinking about certain situations. I have to vent!

Thanks so much! I love your name- I call my daughter Whitty-Bitty (based on her last name) so it makes me smile. I have been doing much better since the night I wrote that original message, I gave up completely on trying to constantly get back into ketosis. The week 2 and beyond Medi plan is doable, my frustrations came when I would go back to the week 1 plan to try to get back into ketosis and fail miserably. I've lost enough weight, and am still losing at a great pace, I am just going to stick the course with my salad thank you very much stupid ketosis sticks........: ) I threw them out for good measure, it was an unhealthy mental battle.

That being said, I am fully involved in Fall semester (my last one for a while...woot!) and preparing for credentialing exams in December, and study time was always my WORST time for boredom-eating. I am on high alert, and have banned crunchy things from my kitchen for a little while, lol!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Stacey - Whoo Hoo! School done for you in Dec? Are you going for RN? I'm wondering if your ketosis sticks had humidity problems and didn't work; that happened to someone else (?Keri) who lives in FL a while back. Oh well, you don't need 'em. Hey, if you want something crunchy and allowed you can try pork rinds. But in moderation.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I gave up completely on trying to constantly get back into ketosis. The week 2 and beyond Medi plan is doable, my frustrations came when I would go back to the week 1 plan to try to get back into ketosis and fail miserably. I've lost enough weight, and am still losing at a great pace, I am just going to stick the course with my salad thank you very much stupid ketosis sticks........: ) I threw them out for good measure, it was an unhealthy mental battle.

I gave up trying to stay in ketosis after the 1st month. As soon as I started during regular intensive exercise (Core and zumba) I would always test out at trace or negative. This went on for weeks until my clinic basically told me to stop testing . They thought that my level of exercise was keeping me from out of ketosis even though I was continuing to lose steadily in inches and pounds. Every once in a while I will test just out of curiousity, but still trace.
I skipped going to the clinic this week to save money but my home scale showed -2lb. If correct I am within 8 lb of my 150 goal. I am still going to tell the clinic on Monday I want to go into transition starting next week. Even if I don't hit my goal weight ( I believe I will) I am so thrilled with the way I look and even more important the way I feel.
I am 50 years old and lost 63 lbs and am wearing size 10-12 comfortably for the 1st time in over 20 years. I don't think I have been this size consistently in all my adult years. I use to bounce between 14 and 16. Now all I want to concentrate on is continuing to tone my body and make the maintainence my new way of life. Looking forward to next week!!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Tuesday - A New Week for Me

Just got back from my Medi weigh in and I lost 3.3 lbs! That takes my total for two weeks to 15.1 pounds, which is 25% of my goal.

I know the rest of the weight won't come off as fast, but it feels wonderful to be fast out of the gate.

The only downside is that I'm not yet fitting into smaller size pants, which confounds me a bit, but then I realize that I was surprised how many pounds iup the scale I was able to keep wearing my current pants. Sure I was bursting at the seams in them by the time I got to Medi, but I could wear them still. Now at least they're a little loose.

Does anyone else find that they wear almost the exact same clothes (especially weight-wise) to their clinic each week? Mine are black slacks and a light polyester-blend shirt - of which I have many.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
yup . when i was weighing in and losing heavily i always wore workout shorts and a light T-shirt or tanktop. usually the same ones. luckily I lost the majority of my weight during the summer, cause i couldnt pull that off now!~ Congrats on your impressive weight loss diertac
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Just got back from my Medi weigh in and I lost 3.3 lbs! That takes my total for two weeks to 15.1 pounds, which is 25% of my goal.

I know the rest of the weight won't come off as fast, but it feels wonderful to be fast out of the gate.

The only downside is that I'm not yet fitting into smaller size pants, which confounds me a bit, but then I realize that I was surprised how many pounds iup the scale I was able to keep wearing my current pants. Sure I was bursting at the seams in them by the time I got to Medi, but I could wear them still. Now at least they're a little loose.

Does anyone else find that they wear almost the exact same clothes (especially weight-wise) to their clinic each week? Mine are black slacks and a light polyester-blend shirt - of which I have many.
Me, too ~ black light weight slacks & similar short sleeved shirt each week. The clinic staff says most people do that!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I stopped testing for ketosis after I started running so much. I tested for awhile and it was always negative and my clinic told me to just stop testing. That some people won't test in after they increase exercise. I never have gone back in even after 4 days of week one. But I don't give up running during that time so I know that's why. But running is too important to me now. Plus I am training now so that would kind of defeat the purpose of all this anyway. So talk to your clinic about ketosis and exercise and see what they say.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

YES....it took me 25 pounds to go down a dress size, but after that it only took a couple of pounds each size. Weird, huh?
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Stacey - Whoo Hoo! School done for you in Dec? Are you going for RN? I'm wondering if your ketosis sticks had humidity problems and didn't work; that happened to someone else (?Keri) who lives in FL a while back. Oh well, you don't need 'em. Hey, if you want something crunchy and allowed you can try pork rinds. But in moderation.

I am finishing my pre-req's for the RN program at UCF. I have my AA degree and I have an AS degree in medical records editing. I am taking the RMT (registered medical transcriptionist) exam on December 4th, but after all of that I am taking a break! Nursing school is in my future, just not until my daughter gets a little more involved in school and I have some more time to devote to it.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
YES....it took me 25 pounds to go down a dress size, but after that it only took a couple of pounds each size. Weird, huh?
That is weird, but it makes me feel a lot better, thank you. I was looking at some befores/afters where people had lost only 15 pounds and they looked more different than I do now. Of course, they "only" had 15 pounds to lose!

I was thinking that if it's going to be 20 pounds for every single pants size, this'll be a long road to hoe! ;-)

Yesterday I went through my closet and made stacks of pants. There are the "Size 12 I can almost wear respectably" pants, and the "Size 10's that seem like they're light years away from pulling up" pants.

Then there are the size 8's way at the top of the closet. I never threw away my thin clothes, and I refuse to give any away to Goodwill until I can put them on comfortably and then decide that they're not ones I want anymore.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I had kind of a rough day yesterday myself. Calorie wise - I was at about 1,300, so not horrible, however, I'd gone back to week one for like 4 or 5 days and was trying to stay around 800 calories or so and mostly protein. I was still mostly protein - just lots more of it.

My home scale has been pretty good to me this week. I hope to keep it up!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

love the new pic lea! You look great!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
love the new pic lea! You look great!
I second that. I love your hair color! Kinda honey colored...at least that's what it looks like in the picture. I wish I could pull off blondish hair!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
Quote:
That is Yesterday I went through my closet and made stacks of pants. There are the "Size 12 I can almost wear respectably" pants, and the "Size 10's that seem like they're light years away from pulling up" pants.

Then there are the size 8's way at the top of the closet. I never threw away my thin clothes, and I refuse to give any away to Goodwill until I can put them on comfortably and then decide that they're not ones I want anymore.
Too funny! I did EXACTLY the same thing. My closet has the *small* 16's (I'm still wearing the *big* 16's) in the "I hope I get to wear these soon" pile, and the 14's in the "hope these aren't too far away either" pile. The 12's and the 10's are still in the attic... baby steps!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divadeb View Post
My closet has the *small* 16's (I'm still wearing the *big* 16's)
LOL! I have the *small* and *big* of each size split out too!

Gloria Vanderbilt, she's my friend...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
if youre like me, I wore my old 12s so much that they stretchhhheddddd out and were really a true 14/16. thats why it took so long to drop that first size
Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: celiamac
Stats: maintenance-high 130's:redlight 142
WOE: medi-weightloss
Start Date: 6/2/08
celebrating success

I haven't been on this site in months and months but thought it was a good place to share my success. This week I have passed the 2 year mark since my "graduation" from Medi. I have managed to maintain a weight that is about 4 lbs less than my last official weigh-in and for the first time in my life have stayed the same size (6) and not gained a pound for a 2 year period. (I don't count those daily 1-3 lb fluctuations as long as once a week I'm where I want to be). This program is so worth it and it is not that hard to keep the weight off as long as you control any spikes up and keep exercising. Medi Rocks!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Wow, so much to respond too! First, for me - I need to thank Susie and the others who motivated me last week with ways to help with the slight plateau I seemed to hit. I really concentrated this past week on "zigzagging" my calories, drinking my 100 oz water BEFORE turning to diet pepsi, and truly measuring out my portions...and am pleased to report I lost 5.4 lbs this week!!! About 23 lbs from goal, and 1 dress size to go!

Clothing sizes - It felt like it took forever for me to drop those first few sizes, then once I got to 18's it went much faster. Now I'm in 12's, and can't wait to hit those 10's! I had gone through my closet and separated out all the sizes and had them in piles, waiting to be worn. I am officially out of all saved clothing....on to new stuff now! (Guess I never saw myself being a 10/12 again!).

Weigh-ins: I too wear almost the exact same outfit each week, I've needed to change it up the past 2 weeks though as the weather is getting cooler (don't like having to wear "heavier" clothes!). Today it was capri workout pants and a long sleeve T!

Ketosis: I've given up! The clinic still keeps stressing to me that I need to stay in it, but I can't (unless I do 5+ days of protein only, which is really unrealistic way to teaching me this as a WOL forever). I'm toying with the idea of just saying that I'm in it, so they stop suggesting a week of protein only!

Off to eat dinner....baked fish and asparagus! My 5 yr old came in the kitchen while it was cooking and said "We're not having chicken AGAIN, are we?" When I told her fish, she actually cheered. Guess its time to change things up a bit here!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: monica2010
Stats: 231/176/130
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: July 2010
That's funny I also wear the same clothes to Medi every week. Now that the weather is changing I'm going to have to find some light clothes for my next weigh in.
I also didn't go a down a dress size until after I lost about 20lbs. but after that just like Stacey said it went by faster. So don't spend too much money on anything because it wont fit you after a few weeks.
I also wanted to share that I went on a weekend getaway with my husband and three other couples. I thought it was going to be so hard to stick to the program and eat out all the time. Surprisingly, I found myself perfectly comfortable in every restaurant we went to. Even though they order everything on the menu, appetizers, salads, dessert...I was OK. The truth is, I felt so good with the way I looked that I kept on thinking how nothing on that table could make me feel or taste as good as it feels to look in the mirror and like what you see.
Monica
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Just had somewhat of an "ah-ha" moment....on the phone with a good friend and we were talking about Biggest Loser (as we both had it on in the background). I said how I've always wanted to go to the Ranch and how I would love to work with Bob & Jillian. My friends response (which wasn't said in a very nice way, even though I ended up taking it as a compliment after thinking it over...she's about a size 16, and for the last few years has always been the thinner of the 2 of us and has been VERY quiet about my weight loss) anyways, she said "Yeah, because people your size really get invited to the Ranch". And it hit me - she's right, I am no longer one of those people who could easily fit in on the Biggest Loser.....when only during last seasons show I could have.

Sometimes my mind really needs to catch up with my body on these things....those of you who have lost a substantial amount of weight (75+ lbs), how long does it take for your mind to actually "see" what size you now are? I am struggling with this a lot. My mom and husband keep telling me even when I buy new clothes that I'm buying them too big, its as if I can't believe that I am the size I am.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That is weird, but it makes me feel a lot better, thank you. I was looking at some befores/afters where people had lost only 15 pounds and they looked more different than I do now. Of course, they "only" had 15 pounds to lose!

I was thinking that if it's going to be 20 pounds for every single pants size, this'll be a long road to hoe! ;-)

Yesterday I went through my closet and made stacks of pants. There are the "Size 12 I can almost wear respectably" pants, and the "Size 10's that seem like they're light years away from pulling up" pants.

I love this discussion, there are so many pieces I kept that were my favorites, and it is surreal to have to get rid of them now because they are too big! I have about 17 sizes in my closet right now, it's nuts. That being said, it is "cold" here now (like 65 in the am and low 80's by noon, FREEZING by Florida standards) and time to make sure jeans are in order....I tried on my old FAVORITE jeans, a size 11 from Hollister (they have make-believe sizes there, an 11 is more like a 9 in juniors....) and they are comfy! Too loose for my taste, they look sloppy, but still! Small victories : ) I have held on to them for so long, because I loved them so much and also because they were so extremely expensive...and now here I am and they don't fit.....
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

I've been wearing the same shorts and top each week.....I've had to take the top in, and it's really baggy again, HOWEVER the shorts have only gotten slightly looser I'm going to look for something else to wear tomorrow for my weigh in....It has to be light weight tho!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Official goal for October= get through the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout (from the DVD). Does anyone else have this video? I am running up to 2 miles at a time easily (not happily...there IS difference, lol!), but cannot for the life of me make it through this workout!! That Jillian is tough!

If I don't lose a pound, but make it through this workout at least once doing my best....I will be happy : ) (Not really...I expect to lose weight, but you know what I'm saying!)
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frogquackers
Stats: 231/205/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept. 30
Whit-I love the idea of a goal for October.

Let's see, I am at the end of week one on Medi and I think a reasonable goal is to be 15lbs lighter and make it to week 2 of Couch 2 5K. (I have been on week one for a while, was going to week 2 this Thursday but the doc said to wait on running till after week 2).
Rebecca
Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

msawhitt I hear you about having all different sizes in your closet! My closet is segregated by size. I know not to even attempt to wear the stuff at the back! It will be cleaned out so much nicer once I get out of the 14's, 12's and 10's. My goal right now is an 8 or a 6.

In fact, one of the things I'm considering when I reach goal is a customized closet. I've been wanting one for years, and I've always thought that first, I have to clear out the clothes I don't want to ever have to wear again. If I am going to have a custom closet, it's going to have to hold only clothing sizes I want to wear!

That's a long way off, though...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
Happy October

Hello There to All!

I totally agree about having all the sizes in your closet..One day i didnt pay attention and ended up at work with pants falling down! I did officially go down a size! YAY!
So, now my goal will be to go down one more size and a half maybe
I have been stuck in the same 8 lbs up and down for sometime. this past week, my brother has been in the hospital so lots of late nights and not enough sleep and my DR. said that not sleeping and being stressed out will cause a stall in my weight loss... has that happened to any of you? oh and I quit my job yesterday... talk about stress!
But, sometimes, you just cant take it anymore.
On a positive note, my family is eating low carb now as well.. so we can work together on a menu, it sure helps to have other people around you eating the same way!
I am going to try out some new recipes now that I have time to cook..Just wanted to vent a little.. Thanks medi friends

** Ashley**
One day at a time..
Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just an update on me. I missed my first Maintance appt this morning because I had to take my daughter back to Urgent Care. I am going to make a new appt as soon as I figure out what is going on with my daughter. I am however weight-in the same as 3 weeks ago, so I am happy about that.

My daughter could really use some prayers. She got some kind of bite on the top of her foot that got infected and is causing her foot to swell, and turn red. She can't walk on it at all. She is on her second antibiotic and we are waiting tests results to see what happens next. It's really nasty. I have to carry her everywhere even to all the older girls activies so I am one warn out mommy. I just want her to be better soon.
Closed Thread