Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Today is my 35th birthday! I celebrated by weighing in at 145 this morning on my scale at home, followed by a trip to mall with my sweet husband, along with a birthday lunch and dinner with family. I was able to fit into size 4 jeans at the gap and a size 6 dress at H&M. Lunch & dinner were easy, simple broiled chicken and filet. I did have a glass of wine with dinner, followed by a small cup of sugar free soft serve. Life is good.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Suzanna!! I'm so glad you popped in to say hi to all of us! You've had a busy day!!

My birthday is on the 10th! If you are like me, this will be one of the HAPPIEST birthdays in my adult life being at a weight I'm happy to be at and being at a fitness level that I know is going to help me do what I want to do at this age and into the future!! Why is it that when I had the nice weight (prior to age 35 for me) I kept feeling so badly? I had reached a fitness goal at about age 23 and then for 8 of the next 12 years kept making myself feel guilty for not keeping on exercising 3 days a week and staying at 125; when the highest I got at that time was 139. What a pest I was to myself. Occasionally during that time I'd get more than my goal weight (116 after 5 months of WW with first DD; then even down to 108 after a year of Circle of Discipline [Christian WW-like program] after second DD's birth--I'd gained 45 lbs during each pregnancy). But after reaching a goal weight I went back to my familiar food choices and creep back up between 125 to 139 lbs. Moderation is the key! In the past I was an "ALL OR NOTHING AT ALL" kind of person. Years of that WOE causes hopelessness, yo-yoing effects, and disease. No more!

I'm so glad you and DH had a wonderful day together! I don't think my husband would ever go to the mall with me. He doesn't have the patience or interest. Although he does rather enjoy the show and tell model show now that I'm in size 6 jeans. I'm still in a size 9 dress. I need to borrow someone's digital camera (or get one for my birthday!) and put up a new avatar like you have. Girl, you are TINY!!

Have a great evening!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-02-2010 at 05:59 PM..
Old 10-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Happy Birthday, suzanna!! Congrats on getting into those lovely smaller sizes ... and for wise choices on your special day. What a great husband & it sounds like you had a wonderful day all around.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Whit
Stats: 216/216/155
WOE: Pseudo-Mediloss
Start Date: Oct 1 2010
Hi I'm new around here and just wanted to say thanks for all the good information. I'm misinformed on the week one stage. Anyone want to give me the Cliff's Notes version?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Whit
Stats: 216/216/155
WOE: Pseudo-Mediloss
Start Date: Oct 1 2010
Stacey I know what you mean about bad attitudes towards food. I do the same exact thing. You shouldn't feel bad about eating a salad. As long as you aren't smothering it with a fatty salad dressing and putting some healthy veggies on there you are okay. How many times have you done week 1? Ketosis. Your body can turn against you, so be careful and don't be so hard on yourself. You're gorgeous and if you want to talk it out you can always talk to me. I'm a big talker when it comes to thinking about certain situations. I have to vent!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Well, happy birthday Suzanna and a happy future birthday to Deb! You have given yourselves the greatest gift - one that no one else COULD give you and that is a healthy body and peace of mind. Not that I think it's all easy peasy lemon squeezy for you both. But I am happy to read of your successes!

, Whit! If you don't understand your week 1 materials, you should go to your clinic and put your foot down, asking for help in understanding the program. You have every right to have help to understand, after all you are paying for it!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:17 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
Hi I'm new around here and just wanted to say thanks for all the good information. I'm misinformed on the week one stage. Anyone want to give me the Cliff's Notes version?
Hi Whit and welcome. I have a feeling you're not getting deluged with responses because at Medi, we're all individuals, with different restrictions and amounts to lose, so it's hard to give you a "Cliff's Notes" version that fits all. In my case, I went in looking to lose 25 #... my 1st week was all protein, NO carbs, 500 calories. No alcohol (at 11 weeks, I'm still off alcohol... just don't want to waste the carbs yet ). After week 1, veggies & fruits were re-intoduced (in my case, 1 fruit & 2 veggies are allowed per day). The 1:1 clinic support & services have been invaluable to me & I probably couldn't have done this much without them. There is so much more to this program than I have mentioned, and I come here to check in everyday for the (also) invaluable info & advice of our fellow Medi-ers. Good luck to you & let us know how you're doing.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Today is my 35th birthday! I celebrated by weighing in at 145 this morning on my scale at home, followed by a trip to mall with my sweet husband, along with a birthday lunch and dinner with family. I was able to fit into size 4 jeans at the gap and a size 6 dress at H&M. Lunch & dinner were easy, simple broiled chicken and filet. I did have a glass of wine with dinner, followed by a small cup of sugar free soft serve. Life is good.
HAPPY Birthday and Birth Month to you! It sounds like your day was terrific! Easy is sometime the best! Here are wishes for a wonderful year!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
Hi all- went to my mom's 60th birthday party last night. walked down the stairs to the patio for the cocktail hour, and not one not two but SIX different family members told me that they didn't recognize me. Including my own mother. It was bizzare, that feeling of being "pretty" again, you know?
Good night, I stayed mostly on program except for a half a glass of wine, and am still in ketosis this AM.
I still can't believe I used to wear a size 20, and the dress last night was a petite medium! Holy cow.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the early wishes everyone. I look so much younger than I am, especially now that I've lost the weight. Need to get up a new avatar...?new digital camera for my birthday. I'm not complaining at all about looking young! (And I have a wonderful hairdresser and does amazingly well with my emerging white hairs!)

Still working on big paper that is due in less than 10 hours! I'm such a last minute cruncher--always spend SO much time doing the research details and then spit the paper out at the last minute!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
happy birthday Suzanna! Hope everyones having a nice weekend.

Race went okay. I was 100/168. I like this picture because I am sprinting and both my feet are off the ground... even if that is a 10 yearold behind me and my hair looks like a fro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Orchard Hills & Live Oaks Schools 373.jpg (92.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am so far behind and honestly don't have time to read the back post. I really appologize. I want to be an encouragment to everyone but it's hard when I don't have time to read what's going on with everyone. You guys all mean a lot to me.

I ran 5 miles tonight. I am consisently up 1-3lbs (right around 133) these days which is annoying. I haven't changed my diet at all. I am going to talk to them on Wednesday and see what they say. I know I am in transition so it's a good think I am holding strong, but being up 3lbs is frustrating. I even did 2 days of week one (at 800) calories and it didn't change anything. I am running between 5-8 miles pretty much every other day and don't feel like I can go back down to 500 calories with that much running. And I am training for a half marathon so I don't want to cut back on my training. I am pretty content with my numbers so I guess I shouldn't stress so much that it's going to show a gain this week.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Whit ~ Welcome! Ann gave a great synopsis of the first week. I lived off of eggbeaters, chicken, shrimp, & lean beef for the first week. I don't think I have ever been so excited to eat a vegetable as I was in week 2!

Deb ~ Happy early birthday! I hope everything went well with your paper.

Sara ~ Isn't it so much fun to see people that you haven't seen since you lost weight?! Great job staying on plan!

Ortal ~ That's a great picture... you look like you have so much energy!

Lins ~ Wow, you are doing so well with your running! I bounced around when I first started transitioning, but my weight settled into a range after a few weeks with my goal weight as the top of the range. I am sure that your clinic will be able to offer some guidance.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Day 3 down

I am so happy I have found this forum. I just started Medi on Friday and it is great to hear people's success stories. I never in a million years thought that I could survive on 600 calories of pure protein but I actually feel great. I have had a hard time maintaining my temperature. I'm hot on second and freezing the second but it could be the actual change in temperature. Anyone else have this during week 1?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
happy birthday Suzanna! Hope everyones having a nice weekend.

Race went okay. I was 100/168. I like this picture because I am sprinting and both my feet are off the ground... even if that is a 10 yearold behind me and my hair looks like a fro.
Congrats on the race, Ortal ~ great picture! You look fabulous ~ and hey, you're beatin' that 10 year old!!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I ran 5 miles tonight. I am consisently up 1-3lbs (right around 133) these days which is annoying. I haven't changed my diet at all. I am going to talk to them on Wednesday and see what they say. I know I am in transition so it's a good think I am holding strong, but being up 3lbs is frustrating. I even did 2 days of week one (at 800) calories and it didn't change anything. I am running between 5-8 miles pretty much every other day and don't feel like I can go back down to 500 calories with that much running. And I am training for a half marathon so I don't want to cut back on my training. I am pretty content with my numbers so I guess I shouldn't stress so much that it's going to show a gain this week.
Lins, is it possible you've gained some muscle? 5-8 miles every other day is a lot of running for a half marathon, I imagine that has to have some effect on your body composition.

Also, I notice that I gain the day after I do my long distance training each week. And by long distance, I mean anything over 8 miles - so maybe your body is perpetually holding on to water or something because of your continuing long distances?

I don't know what your normal activity level is, but be careful not to overtrain too. Your body might need a couple of days' rest. I'm envious. I'd LOVE to be able to run 5-8 miles every other day, but my achilles tendonitis is forcing me to walk everything, and hold STRICTLY to my training plan (3 miles 2x a week and only one long day)...

Good luck! I know you're looking fabulous regardless of what that scale is telling you right now.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

How Far Do You Wanna Take It?

Okay, so I've just finished my delicious breakfast of two chocolate protein pancakes (160 cal, 2 net carbs) and maybe I'm getting cocky, but for the past couple of days I've been seriously contemplating how far I want to take this whole thing.

By "how far" I mean, I'm feeling like I could eat this way for a good, long time. I'm at around 700 calories of lean protein per day, usually under 10-15 grams of carbs per day. Today marks two weeks since I've had any alcohol, and I'm feeling pretty good.

My goal weight is 135, but I'm wondering what kind of "135" I want to be. I'm training for a half marathon right now that's just three weeks away, so I'm sticking with my pure cardio based training plan for that, but I'm thinking after the half, I simply MUST start doing some weight training to take advantage of all this protein.

Which then gets me to wondering, even when I get to my goal weight, or close to it, if I can use this diet to really get down to a low bodyfat percentage and get muscular. I have always been envious of women with muscles - not bodybuilders - but you know the type... Those gym teachers who are cut... The volleyball chicks, real sports types.

On previous weight loss attempts, I've always been all about the number on the scale, but I'm thinking I might try to get buff this time. It seems totally doable. Am I talking crazy? Have any of you been able to lose 60 pounds and completely overhaul your body type?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Okay, so I've just finished my delicious breakfast of two chocolate protein pancakes (160 cal, 2 net carbs) and maybe I'm getting cocky, but for the past couple of days I've been seriously contemplating how far I want to take this whole thing.

By "how far" I mean, I'm feeling like I could eat this way for a good, long time. I'm at around 700 calories of lean protein per day, usually under 10-15 grams of carbs per day. Today marks two weeks since I've had any alcohol, and I'm feeling pretty good.

My goal weight is 135, but I'm wondering what kind of "135" I want to be. I'm training for a half marathon right now that's just three weeks away, so I'm sticking with my pure cardio based training plan for that, but I'm thinking after the half, I simply MUST start doing some weight training to take advantage of all this protein.

Which then gets me to wondering, even when I get to my goal weight, or close to it, if I can use this diet to really get down to a low bodyfat percentage and get muscular. I have always been envious of women with muscles - not bodybuilders - but you know the type... Those gym teachers who are cut... The volleyball chicks, real sports types.

On previous weight loss attempts, I've always been all about the number on the scale, but I'm thinking I might try to get buff this time. It seems totally doable. Am I talking crazy? Have any of you been able to lose 60 pounds and completely overhaul your body type?
I was hoping it will happen to me but unfortunately it did not. I lost about 110 lb by now and at my goal weight. All these 8-9 months of losing I was eating all this protein, with little carbs, doing 5 times a week strengh training with the trainer for 30 min and of course cardio high intensity for at least an 1 hour. I am still at around 29-30% of fat which is healthy range for a women my age and as I lose more lb now my fat percentage is just inching up (all about ratio between water % and fat% at any given day). I got much stronger, my endurance is over the roof, I have never been this fit in my life but there is no definition of muscles that you see on my body as you you see on those sporty types chicks. When I asked my trainer he said you need to get a very low fat% like 10-15% then you may get it, but fat% is genetic and most women cannot get very low fat% percentage even with all this effort. So I am not obsessing about it anymore and just proud of my fitness accomplishments.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 10-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I was hoping it will happen to me but unfortunately it did not. ... So I am not obsessing about it anymore and just proud of my fitness accomplishments.
See, that's just the reality check I needed. Your accomplishments are amazing though! Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I, too, have a hard time getting below about 30% bodyfat. I guess I'll just have to dream about being buff while I work at just being the best me I can be.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Congrats on the race, Ortal ~ great picture! You look fabulous ~ and hey, you're beatin' that 10 year old!!
lol thanks! I bought some over-priced under armour coldgear running compression pants, in a small thankyouverymuch, and you should have SEEN the boyfriends face when i stepped out of the dressing room. 'where did your butt go?' LOL!

Im justifying the splurge by the fact that im racing the next 2 weekends. I really am getting into this. any runners out there have any tips for me??I want to shoot for under 30 minutes this time.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
lol thanks! I bought some over-priced under armour coldgear running compression pants, in a small thankyouverymuch, and you should have SEEN the boyfriends face when i stepped out of the dressing room. 'where did your butt go?' LOL!

Im justifying the splurge by the fact that im racing the next 2 weekends. I really am getting into this. any runners out there have any tips for me??I want to shoot for under 30 minutes this time.
Ortal, you said "lol thanks! I bought some over-priced under armour coldgear running compression pants, in a small thankyouverymuch, and you should have SEEN the boyfriends face when i stepped out of the dressing room. 'where did your butt go?' LOL!"

It is so funny - yesterday my DH and I went running (we now doing it together!) and I was ahead of him and he told me exactly the same thing
Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
It is so funny - yesterday my DH and I went running (we now doing it together!) and I was ahead of him and he told me exactly the same thing
thats awesome! Mine hates running, HATES , and wont do it... Itd be nice to have someone to run with
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thats awesome! Mine hates running, HATES , and wont do it... Itd be nice to have someone to run with
We used to walk in the park - that was our "quality time" - we would discuss things, made many important decisions affecting our family over the years. With my new fitness achievements this walking just stopped being enough so we started running but lost this "quality time" because you cannot talk and run. So it's like, "you gain some, you lose some".
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've always said, "I only run if someone's chasing me - and even then, I'm willing to go to jail after about two minutes."

Yet here I am about to *walk* a half marathon, and once the weight comes off I'm hoping I'll be able to run. We'll see. People can change, but you just can't force it. My husband has been running for 8 years now, and he's never asked me to run, but after awhile the bug (or the desire for the bug) starts to rub off...
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2010
ahh...my bad news..
recently my husband lost his job and I am not able to go to Medi. I was also told my insurance would not cover going. With three kids and my husband not working..how can I go. I am afraid however that I will have a hard time doing this by myself.. Ive lost 40lbs so far and have 40 left...Going held me accountable...although I was paying 80 dollars a week just for a weigh in and shots.... can I get the B12 supplenents elsewhere?? Any suggestions on doing this alone??? I really can not afford it anymore...
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello! Just checking in... The information I get on this thread is what keeps me going.

Azurro, Even if you maintain for now that is a bonus. You can buy b12 supplements at any drug store. Stay involved with this site.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Azurro ~ Like Sally said, you can pick up sublingual B12 at any drugstore, along with supplements (multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium, fat burner) similar to what Medi sells. I would let your clinic know what is going on and see if you can come in monthly for visits for the time being.

I hope you continue to check in with us. Maybe making an appointment to post updates here weekly or posting daily in the "energy in/out" thread would be enough to keep you motivated and on plan?

I hope your husband finds work quickly! *Big hugs*
Old 10-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I've always said, "I only run if someone's chasing me - and even then, I'm willing to go to jail after about two minutes."

Yet here I am about to *walk* a half marathon, and once the weight comes off I'm hoping I'll be able to run. We'll see. People can change, but you just can't force it. My husband has been running for 8 years now, and he's never asked me to run, but after awhile the bug (or the desire for the bug) starts to rub off...
I have ALWAYS AND FOREVER hated running! I have to respond to this, because since going to Medi, I have taken off! I don't necessarily "like" running, in fact I still kind of hate it, but I LOVE that I CAN run. I think right around 170 was when it started to become dramatically easier, like a switch. The most important thing that helped me run better was working on my breathing. I would walk as hard as I could, and obnoxiously focus on taking deeeeeeeeep breaths on specific counts, like every 4 or 5 counts in and out. Since getting that under control, running is actually pretty easy! I don't really *like* it though, I get so distracted and bored, and GOD FORBID someone call me while I'm running- I almost always give up on my run to go and chat!

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
I have ALWAYS AND FOREVER hated running! I have to respond to this, because since going to Medi, I have taken off! I don't necessarily "like" running, in fact I still kind of hate it, but I LOVE that I CAN run. I think right around 170 was when it started to become dramatically easier, like a switch. The most important thing that helped me run better was working on my breathing. I would walk as hard as I could, and obnoxiously focus on taking deeeeeeeeep breaths on specific counts, like every 4 or 5 counts in and out. Since getting that under control, running is actually pretty easy! I don't really *like* it though, I get so distracted and bored, and GOD FORBID someone call me while I'm running- I almost always give up on my run to go and chat!
Stacey - It's as if I wrote that post! I didn't start to jog til after I'd lost 35 lbs, so I was 155 lbs at the time. And, I too focused on my breathing...I imagined the oxygen entering my nose and infiltrating my individual muscles and then blowing out all the CO2! It helped with my endurance, as did starting slowly in the Couch to 5K program (you can google it). I also memorized Scripture verses. I wrote them on sheets of paper like an index card, read a verse during my 60 seconds walking; then folded it into my pocket and recited it as I jogged 45 seconds; then read it again as I walked to make sure I had it right, etc! I still do not ENJOY running....but recently I've been a whole lot more tolerant of it and recognize I owe it to myself to stay with it cuz I feel better afterward! This morning at 8am I tried to jog but it was so cold! I did 1/2 mile and turned back home (had only a short sleeved shirt and long pants; needed also a jacket and muffler!).
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I started working with a running coach today and he has some concerns about my eating. He thinks I need more carbs, but things like beans and whole grains. He was very specific about no sugar or sweets. So he kind of wrote up a sample menu for my running days, and some concerns that I am going to share with the clinic on Wed at my Maintaince weigh-in. I an intersted to see what they say.

Quick update on me....talk about emotionally eating. My 2 yr old daugher got a fire ant bite on her foot on Saturday. Sunday morning she was fine but by Sunday afternoon it hat burst open and her foot began to swell and ooze, and she started running a fever. She refused to walk or put any kind of weight on it. So off to Urgent Care we went today. The doctor was pretty concerned and put her on a high dose of Augmenten and wants to see her again on Wednesday afternoon. So please say a prayer for her. Carrying her around everywhere is giving me an extra workout but man is it tiring. And because of that I missed my workout today. I tried to get some in tonight, but it wasn't the same.
Closed Thread